Code of Conduct
Page 140 of 141 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,200 of 4214

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

Why would Adios Noir be so expensive? That's weird. Isn't it like a Preferred Fragrance/Classic Match type of fragrance?

TJ Maxx

Santos de Cartier $59.99

L'envol de Cartier gift set

Azzaro Night Time

CK Eternity

John Varvatos Dark Rebel

I think I saw some bottles of Pasha Cartier at Marshalls.
    I was tempted to buy the Santos, but 1) I don't which bottle formulation it is, and 2) it's not something that I'd wear very often, so it doesn't make sense to break bread for it at that price.

Ran across quite a few Brooks Brothers New York Gentlemen 100 ML bottles at my local Marshalls for 19.99 I passed.

Quote Originally Posted by HFMIII View Post
    Ran across quite a few Brooks Brothers New York Gentlemen 100 ML bottles at my local Marshalls for 19.99 I passed.
    That's a great work/church scent, so I picked one up. If they put them on clearance for like $10 or so, I might buy another.

I passed on L'Envol EDP set, Declaration Essence, but they were tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    That's a great work/church scent, so I picked one up. If they put them on clearance for like $10 or so, I might buy another.

I passed on L'Envol EDP set, Declaration Essence, but they were tempting.
    If I see Brooks Brothers NY Gentleman for $10, I'm grabbing 2-3 more. I picked it up recently at TJ Maxx and I've really grown to like it. The dry down is just so freaking PLEASANT.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SharptoothC View Post
    If I see Brooks Brothers NY Gentleman for $10, I'm grabbing 2-3 more. I picked it up recently at TJ Maxx and I've really grown to like it. The dry down is just so freaking PLEASANT.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Pleasant is the perfect word.

I’ve been eying a 200ml of 1 Million Prive $79 Tjmaxx, reviews are all over the place I think I’m doing myself justice not buying it lol.
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    I’ve been eying a 200ml of 1 Million Prive $79 Tjmaxx
    That's a good price for that size.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Saw Nicole Miller Black For Men EDT 100 ml for $20 in Ross. Absolutely no reviews anywhere, I guess it would have to be the brand's first masculine release since 1994? Only found a short blurb on the NM Last Call website, the notes don't sound "black" to me at all.

Picked up in Marshalls a couple of Tokyo Milk 30 ml bottles for $6 - Lotus Sake and Paper & Cotton. Both are unisex IMO, kinda fun casual throwaway fragrances and didn't really remind me of either lotus or sake or paper or cotton.

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

I popped into a few TJ's and Marshall's over the past few days hoping to see some Miller Harris - no luck. A few things I hadn't seen before have popped up though (none that I wanted):

Velvet Orchid Lumière - Tom Ford (100ml for $89.99 - first Tom Ford spotted at this store)

Guerlain Homme (100ml new style bottle - first Guerlain spotted at this store)

3 L'Imperatrice - Dolce & Gabbana

Starwalker - Montblanc
    Presence Cool - Montblanc
    Legend Night - Montblanc
    (giftset)

Obsessed Intense for Men - Calvin Klein (didn't this just come out? almost bought)
    Eternity Night for Men - Calvin Klein (didn't know this existed)

Loads of Adam Levine for Men and so many giftsets of Viva la Juicy that they were piled up all over the store. I almost bought Calvin Klein Man out of curioisity, seeing it compared to Fahrenheit and L'Homme Libre, both of which I really like. Obsession Night popped back up, a single bottle. Hadn't seen it around in close to two years. I think it's fun but haven't worn mine in ages.

Excessive amounts of classic Aramis too which is interesting because I think I've seen it at this TJ's maybe twice before in the past 8-10 years. I don't check as much as I used to though. Also no Original Penguin, in stark contrast to the typical 15-30 bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    I popped into a few TJ's and Marshall's over the past few days hoping to see some Miller Harris - no luck. A few things I hadn't seen before have popped up though (none that I wanted):

Velvet Orchid Lumière - Tom Ford (100ml for $89.99 - first Tom Ford spotted at this store)

Guerlain Homme (100ml new style bottle - first Guerlain spotted at this store)

3 L'Imperatrice - Dolce & Gabbana

Starwalker - Montblanc
    Presence Cool - Montblanc
    Legend Night - Montblanc
    (giftset)

Obsessed Intense for Men - Calvin Klein (didn't this just come out? almost bought)
    Eternity Night for Men - Calvin Klein (didn't know this existed)

Loads of Adam Levine for Men and so many giftsets of Viva la Juicy that they were piled up all over the store. I almost bought Calvin Klein Man out of curioisity, seeing it compared to Fahrenheit and L'Homme Libre, both of which I really like. Obsession Night popped back up, a single bottle. Hadn't seen it around in close to two years. I think it's fun but haven't worn mine in ages.

Excessive amounts of classic Aramis too which is interesting because I think I've seen it at this TJ's maybe twice before in the past 8-10 years. I don't check as much as I used to though. Also no Original Penguin, in stark contrast to the typical 15-30 bottles.
    I just saw a Guerlain Homme l'Eau Boissee for $59 in the new bottle. Like you, the first time I have seen this at Marshalls.
    Beer? The kids' new gear?
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    I just saw a Guerlain Homme l'Eau Boissee for $59 in the new bottle. Like you, the first time I have seen this at Marshalls.
    Interest piqued.....

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    Maybe a sign of better things to come?!

I don't recall the exact price but whatever it was my thought was "Gotta be way cheaper at Fragrancenet". And indeed it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Interest piqued.....
    Homme L'Eau Boisee is good stuff, have you tried it, Chuck?

Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    Maybe a sign of better things to come?!

I don't recall the exact price but whatever it was my thought was "Gotta be way cheaper at Fragrancenet". And indeed it is.

Homme L'Eau Boisee is good stuff, have you tried it, Chuck?
    It's quite nice, but for you guys who enjoy it, but want something stronger with better performance, check out Bois de Vetiver by Lagerfield (plus it's half the price)
    "God may exist, but science can explain the universe without the need for a creator." -Stephen Hawking

My sister just sent me a photo of three Creed’s at TJ Maxx in Midlothian, Virginia. All 50ml bottles, Aventus, GIT, and Royal Oud., they were $270, although the GIT was less. Not that great a deal, but shocked they were there.

Edit: Royal Oud was 100ml, unsure if that was $270
    Last edited by Puig; 7th December 2018 at 05:49 AM.

TJ Maxx: Aventus 120 ml $200 (also same size/price MI, SMW and GIT which I have seen before), L'Eau Majeure D'Issey 50 ml $40 and a whole bunch of Pecksniff'sEDT for men 100 ml $5 (I picked up Professional and Active), Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom 100 ml $110.
    Marshalls: Montale Pure Gold 100 ml $100 and tons and tons of Cartier Declaration flankers.
    Walmart: Cremo giftsets bodywash + EDC 100 ml for $14, I saw Blue Cedar & Cypress and Bourbon & Oak, boxes had "walmart exclusive" printed on them.

Quote Originally Posted by maksidrom View Post
    TJ Maxx: Aventus 120 ml $200 (also same size/price MI, SMW and GIT which I have seen before), L'Eau Majeure D'Issey 50 ml $40 and a whole bunch of Pecksniff'sEDT for men 100 ml $5 (I picked up Professional and Active), Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom 100 ml $110.
    Marshalls: Montale Pure Gold 100 ml $100 and tons and tons of Cartier Declaration flankers.
    Walmart: Cremo giftsets bodywash + EDC 100 ml for $14, I saw Blue Cedar & Cypress and Bourbon & Oak, boxes had "walmart exclusive" printed on them.
    Which location did you see the SMW?

Which location did you see the SMW?
    Check pm

Am I the only one who has yet to find any Creed or any other niche brand at their TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Ross??
    "God may exist, but science can explain the universe without the need for a creator." -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Am I the only one who has yet to find any Creed or any other niche brand at their TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Ross??
    No. My area hasn't had any goodies as well. Creed and other niches seem an urban legend for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I don’t think I’ve seen Creeds here in Augusta, but I have seen some Bonds. I have seen Creed in Macon and Atlanta.

TJ Maxx/Marshalls are so random... One time I saw a whole shelf of Creeds in a Marshalls in a decrepit ghetto neighbourhood. And the Miller Harris... in my part of town some TJ Maxx got every possible bottle and some got none whatsoever, even though they are within a few miles of each other.

Check pm
    IMG_20181207_220654.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I was amazed at the amount of niche offerings between the Marshalls and TJ Maxx in the Woodlands.

TJ had various Bond no 9 in the ladies section, along with Clive Christian X for Women 30 Ml. On the men's side they had 2 4 oz bottles of Aventus, 2 4oz MI, 1 4 Oz GIT. The Creed were priced at $199.99

I ended up finding SMW at Marshalls, 4 oz same price.

I still can't believe you drove in all this rain LOL!!!
    really happy you found the SMW, I would have felt so bad otherwise. Thumbs up.

I still can't believe you drove in all this rain LOL!!!
    really happy you found the SMW, I would have felt so bad otherwise. Thumbs up.
    Yeah, I had a Christmas engagement about ten minutes from there tonight. Horrible weather out there.

I may go back tomorrow for those Aventus bottles. When I told my wife about everything her reply was "And you didn't buy the Aventus?!"

Saw those as well, and if Walmart is true to form they should be 50% off the day after Christmas.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Stopped by another Houston Marshalls today and they had:
    IMG_20181208_111141-480x640.jpg
    75 ml for $360
    They also had Aventus 120 ml only at this Marshalls it was $360 as well. Why the wild disparity in prices within the same chain and city, I have no idea.
    They also had Montale Rose Night and New Rose 100 ml for $100

Ross: La Femme Prada 50 ml $50, Luna Rossa Eau Sport 125 ml for $40 and I noticed Shalimar EDT 30 ml marked down to $16.

They also had Aventus 120 ml only at this Marshalls it was $360 as well. Why the wild disparity in prices within the same chain and city, I have no idea.
    Yea, that is odd. After giving it some thought I went back and grabbed the two bottles of Aventus, at $199.99 for a 4 oz it was a steal batches were both 17Q11.

I also saved an additional 10% by applying for the TJX Credit Card. I didn't even have to use it you only have to get approved.

IMG_20181208_144434.jpg

And here's the other store, less than 20 miles away:
    IMG_20181208_111207-480x640.jpg

I can't believe you guys are finding Creed bottles, and especially Aventus at these stores.
    I have never seen anything like that at these discounters.
    I think I once saw a bottle of Tom Ford perfume, but that's it.

And why would one of those bottles of Marshall's Aventus be $359.99? Isn't it like $320-something at Nordstroms?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh V. View Post
    I can't believe you guys are finding Creed bottles, and especially Aventus at these stores.
    I have never seen anything like that at these discounters.
    I think I once saw a bottle of Tom Ford perfume, but that's it.

And why would one of those bottles of Marshall's Aventus be $359.99? Isn't it like $320-something at Nordstroms?
    At retail the new 50 ML is $325 and 100 ML is $435.

The $359 is still an OK deal for the old 120 ML size FragranceNet is around $390 for that size and FragranceX is around $369.

I'm not sure if the two I got were miss-priced, but the rest of the 120 ML Creeds they had were also the same price.

Page 140 of 141 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 LastLast