Code of Conduct
Page 149 of 167 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,470 of 4982

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

I bought Michael Kors Men, 1 Million Lucky and Lacoste L’Homme this weekend at Marshall’s.

TJ Maxx: TF For Men EDT 100 ml $55
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by maksidrom View Post
    That's a good price, I ran across a 100 ML bottle up here a few days ago at a TJ Maxx which they had priced at $99.99, it would be interesting to know why there is such a huge spread in price from one location to another

Mine had that one too...except it was $100!

DD8E5307-E432-43A7-8E86-E2FB9B088BD0.jpg

The funny thing is that the same store also had it for $100 ml right after New Year and I posted about it:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/265...=1#post4520965
    I kept thinking about it because I really liked TF for Men when it first came out, so I went back a couple of weeks later hoping it would get discounted during the annual post-holiday house cleaning, but it was already snapped up. This time I grabbed it.
    I don't understand the price variations, like... no logic at all. Last weekend I saw a Weil Parfums Suki Essence at a TJ Maxx priced $50, where it was marked down to $10 just a month ago. Shrug.

As I noted before, the price variations occur because they're not mandated at the corporate level, they're just issued in-store by employees using a pricing guide for reference. The pricing guide isn't comprehensive, so the employees often have to choose something they think is comparable and use that as the standard.
    Swap Thread | Sale Thread

Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Cartier L'Envol EDP, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Hťritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombrť Leather

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Great price on that size!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by NettyYeti View Post
    Mine had that one too...except it was $100!

DD8E5307-E432-43A7-8E86-E2FB9B088BD0.jpg
    A very good find
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Dependent

Congrats on this find.

Banana Republic SE Wisconsin has a few of their fragrances 50% off right now. Oud Mosaic and Leather Reserve. $20 for the 2.5oz., which is, I believe, what I paid at Ross. The candles and and a few other items were included in the sale as well. I already own these two, otherwise I would have picked up a bottle or two.

Basenotes Plus

What happens when you slightly tone back Versace Eau Fraiche, then add in Mancera Wild Fruits and a bit of musk? You get Tommy Bahama St. Kitts. Seems to be about a 6-7 hours fragrance. Not sure as I just tried it for the first time today. But Iím looking forward to using it this summer in my hot and humid climate. I stopped by one the TJís in New Orleans today and picked up a 100ml bottle of St. Kitts for $17.99. I routinely see TBs for sale at TJís for $19.99, so not much of a price break from their norm. But, in my humble opinion, this fragrance is worth more than that and is a steal for $20 or less. If anyone loves Versace Eau Fraiche, they will love this. The opening bears a striking resemblance to VeF, and that smells lingers throughout the wearing with fruits mixed in evenly. The musk appears later. Solid summer fragrance on the cheap.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    What happens when you slightly tone back Versace Eau Fraiche, then add in Mancera Wild Fruits and a bit of musk? You get Tommy Bahama St. Kitts. Seems to be about a 6-7 hours fragrance. Not sure as I just tried it for the first time today. But Iím looking forward to using it this summer in my hot and humid climate. I stopped by one the TJís in New Orleans today and picked up a 100ml bottle of St. Kitts for $17.99. I routinely see TBs for sale at TJís for $19.99, so not much of a price break from their norm. But, in my humble opinion, this fragrance is worth more than that and is a steal for $20 or less. If anyone loves Versace Eau Fraiche, they will love this. The opening bears a striking resemblance to VeF, and that smells lingers throughout the wearing with fruits mixed in evenly. The musk appears later. Solid summer fragrance on the cheap.
    Like this one a lot as well. Amazing gang huh get 6-7 hrs with it. Like all TB scents I get an hour at most before itís a skin scent. I wish there was a way to make it last longer. Iíll have to try it in 80+ degree weather. 60s to low 70s doesnít enhance the longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Top notes of... sweat, gasoline, motor oil; a heart of deer musk and gunpowder, resting on a base of sex and testosterone... Mandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    As I noted before, the price variations occur because they're not mandated at the corporate level, they're just issued in-store by employees using a pricing guide for reference. The pricing guide isn't comprehensive, so the employees often have to choose something they think is comparable and use that as the standard.
    ^this. I had a bottle of something I can't remember in my hand with no price, I asked how much and she grabbed a box of cologne the same size out of the returns section and said. $20 , she said they do have a better guide in the back, and if I thought 20 was too much she could run to the back, I winced and she rung it up as $10. I think it was an Azzure something.

Basenotes Plus

Default Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

Quote Originally Posted by El_Guapo View Post
    Like this one a lot as well. Amazing gang huh get 6-7 hrs with it. Like all TB scents I get an hour at most before itís a skin scent. I wish there was a way to make it last longer. Iíll have to try it in 80+ degree weather. 60s to low 70s doesnít enhance the longevity.

At the 4 hour mark, my wife complimented me, and that was as she walked past me, so it was projecting for that long on me. But I suspect that this will be a fragrance that benefits from overspraying, which I typically donít do but will with this type of fragrance. Iíd recommend wearing it in warmer weather, spraying and then, as soon as it dries, spray again.

PS: is your user name a nod to the Three Amigos?

Basenotes Junkie

Bond Success is a New York is a Job in New York 1.7oz for $129. Too pricey.

Top notes of... sweat, gasoline, motor oil; a heart of deer musk and gunpowder, resting on a base of sex and testosterone... Mandom.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    PS: is your user name a nod to the Three Amigos?
    Yes!!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by El_Guapo View Post
    Yes!!
    Haha! Love it! And now My Little Buttercup is stuck in my head.

Bond No. Bryant Park 1.7 oz at $110. Passed.

Saw Aventus in the WOMENS fragrance section at TJ Max Home Goods, marked as such, $239 for a 50ml, 2018 batch pass
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

2 Brooks Brothers New York for Gentlemen @ 16.99 and several way overpriced small Versace Eau Fraiche @ 39.99

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Saw Aventus in the WOMENS fragrance section at TJ Max Home Goods, marked as such, $239 for a 50ml, 2018 batch pass
    I'm surprised Aventus (Men's or Women's version) would show up at a discounters.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

^^ sorry I should have been more specific maybe, it definitely was NOT “Aventus for Her”, it was men’s Aventus. It was kind of hidden behind a few bottles of Creed - Spice and Wood? Royal Mayfair? I forget which one specifically cause I was more interested in the Aventus, but def a few Creed’s at Home goods
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I'm surprised Aventus (Men's or Women's version) would show up at a discounters.
    Same here.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by HFMIII View Post
    Nothing really worth talking about at most of my local Houston stores today, I did run across a set of the newer Clive Christian C Green Floral (Women) / Woody Leather (Men's) it was 2 x 10 ML on red tag clearance for $129.99 at Saks Off 5th in NW Houston. They also had the same deal on the Clive Christian I set 2 x 10ML Woody Floral / Amber Oriental. I may go back for the (I) set when they have an additional % off red tag items as they do from time to time.
    So you're my competition then.... .

I picked up a bottle of 'Private Black and Private Red' for 10$ each, and BrooksBrothers New York for $12, as well as a gift set of Montblanc intense for 22
    /Spring

I see the two Weils in the photo. Are you the individual that spoke about them in another thread? I can't remember.

I've seen Weils at my local Marshalls, too.
    Swap Thread | Sale Thread

Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Cartier L'Envol EDP, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Hťritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombrť Leather

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I see the two Weils in the photo. Are you the individual that spoke about them in another thread? I can't remember.
    No, I have not mentioned the Weils before.

Quote Originally Posted by sidmind View Post
    So you're my competition then.... .

I picked up a bottle of 'Private Black and Private Red' for 10$ each, and BrooksBrothers New York for $12, as well as a gift set of Montblanc intense for 22
    /Spring
    Nice, I've never tried any of the Private Black or Red, did you like them? Brooks Bros. NY is an excellent scent for the price.

I picked up a 100 ML bottle of Bvlgari Aqva Amara (2013 Batch Code) at Marshall's Willowbrook for $49.99

Aramis Tobacco Reserve 3.7oz $25 at TJMaxx, I snagged the one I found plan to buy more as I find them great price for what’s said to be a great recent Aramis release.
    Last edited by speckmann0706; 2nd April 2019 at 05:16 AM.

Page 149 of 167 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 ... LastLast