Code of Conduct
Page 162 of 166 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,860 of 4974

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    If it's widely available and you'd be willing to make the trip back then you could return Tobacco Reserve.
    Oh, I don't need to make a trip back, I can return it to the nearest TJ Maxx 5 miles away from me. It's more of an OCD issue - I'm wary about my backup bottle having been opened and sprayed. First world problems, I know.

I'd return it for sure. You're paying for a brand new, unopened botttle. That's what you should get.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

I guess we can blame the passing of Father's Day on the fact that today's TJ Maxx visit was sparce! Very little to look at. Several Commodity frags still hanging around. And the usual Calvin Klein duds lol.

Right after fathers day...back to the ghost town of Frags with tumbleweeds like Beverly hills polo club and Addidas full of slim Pickens at my TJ Maxx and Marshalls locations. I guess no big stockpiles of goodies until Christmas...sigh....

Alert..Alert...

Macy's Deal of the Day is back. 3pc English Laundry Oxford Bleu or Crown $25. Issey Myake Pour Homme 1.3oz $25
    Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue 1.3oz $25. Various Vince Camuto sets $42. Kenneth Cole Mankind set $42. Other values available.

TJ Maxx: Parfums Weil Homme Gold, Silver and Blue all marked down to $10, Valentino Uomo 50 ml marked down to $32.

P.S. also saw a boxset of the original L'eau d'Issey PH in fancy packaging with artsy-fartsy doodles at Nordstrom, 125 ml bottle + 40 ml bottle for $55.

wearing dad's aftershave™

Quote Originally Posted by Rt87 View Post
    Guerlain L'homme Ideal 50ml at TJ Maxx for $20
    I would like to have that offer, I'd probably pick it up, blind.

$20 for a Guerlain?—at worst, a fantastic room spray for the wc!

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by AceyMan View Post
    I would like to have that offer, I'd probably pick it up, blind.

$20 for a Guerlain?—at worst, a fantastic room spray for the wc!
    Me too. Sounds like a great price.

Quote Originally Posted by maksidrom View Post
    TJ Maxx: Parfums Weil Homme Gold, Silver and Blue all marked down to $10, Valentino Uomo 50 ml marked down to $32.
    I was skeptical of the Weil fragrances folks have been seeing. I finally saw some in SE Wisconsin and decided to try on a whim. The Gold is actually a decent little 1 Million-style fragrance for under $15. I don’t have anything like it in my collection, so I might actually keep it. It has some staying power. Three sprays at around 8:00 a.m. and my wife commented at bedtime that I smelled like marshmallows over a campfire with incense.

wearing dad's aftershave™

Quote Originally Posted by NettyYeti View Post
    The Gold is actually a decent little 1 Million-style fragrance for under $15. I don’t have anything like it in my collection, so I might actually keep it.
    The Silver is a good classic citrus freshie at the price. I find it more in the style of Monsieur de Givenchy & Eau Sauvage than TF Gray Vetiver that's been mentioned (I don't get much vetiver to my nose) but still good stuff if you enjoy the style.

The Blue is the quirky one, if you can call it that: I'd call it a riff on the bones first defined by OG Declaration, while there's no blue or aquatic vibe whatsoever as the name / packaging might imply.
    Last edited by AceyMan; 23rd June 2019 at 12:42 AM. Reason: clarity

Freed from BN Institution

Alert..Alert...

Macy's Deal of the Day is back. 3pc English Laundry Oxford Bleu or Crown $25. Issey Myake Pour Homme 1.3oz $25
    Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue 1.3oz $25. Various Vince Camuto sets $42. Kenneth Cole Mankind set $42. Other values available.
    Those are some pretty good ideals.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Pi by Givenchy

I picked up another 100ml AoS Vetiver Citron off the clearance shelf for $15. I'm actually liking the new AoS fragrances. I sampled them all at the AoS store when first released but I'm just getting around to purchasing them. I currently own Vetiver Citron, Sandalwood and Cypress, Green Lavender, and I have Oud Suede coming.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by allkindsofwatches1 View Post
    I picked up another 100ml AoS Vetiver Citron off the clearance shelf for $15. I'm actually liking the new AoS fragrances. I sampled them all at the AoS store when first released but I'm just getting around to purchasing them. I currently own Vetiver Citron, Sandalwood and Cypress, Green Lavender, and I have Oud Suede coming.

Saw that at TJ Maxx yesterday for $15. AoS Vetiver Citron.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by NettyYeti View Post
    Three sprays at around 8:00 a.m. and my wife commented at bedtime that I smelled like marshmallows over a campfire with incense.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

You should've grabbed it.

Somebody hook a fellow basenoter up, I can’t find anything in my stores.

Quote Originally Posted by allkindsofwatches1 View Post
    You should've grabbed it.

Ehh.. I would have grabbed it, but the ratings were somewhat average on Fragrantica. When I blind buy, it's gotta be a 4.00 or higher. Vetiver Citron is a 3,62. Instead I grabbed a 2oz Bulgari Man Extreme for $24.99.

Quote Originally Posted by ktraup View Post
    Somebody hook a fellow basenoter up, I can’t find anything in my stores.
    Unfortunately, the stores are kind of empty right now. You kinda have to hit 6 stores to find something. Luckily, I have 5 Ross, 5 T J's, 4 Marshalls and 2 Burlington within a 25min drive in my area, but even so it's been hard finding Jack! Good luck...

Ehh.. I would have grabbed it, but the ratings were somewhat average on Fragrantica. When I blind buy, it's gotta be a 4.00 or higher. Vetiver Citron is a 3,62. Instead I grabbed a 2oz Bulgari Man Extreme for $24.99.
    I tell ya it's a good one.

Saw several Burberry London 1.7 oz bottles on sale for $35
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

I would have grabbed it, but the ratings were somewhat average on Fragrantica. When I blind buy, it's gotta be a 4.00 or higher. Vetiver Citron is a 3,62
    I'm glad I went with my gut instinct and blind bought Vetiver Citron despite majority fragrantica reviews (smells like Prada Infusion Home? old fashioned? weak? leans feminine??). It was NONE of those things in my wearings. Fragrantica also compares Vetiver Citron to Brooks Brothers NY Gentlemen and Cremo Blue Cedar and Cypress, which somehow get a much higher rating than Vetiver Citron. Not only do I think that Vetiver Citron is far far superior to both, but I also think they smell nothing alike. So yeah, I don't really use fragrantica's ratings as a reference point, we are hardly ever attuned.

I'd buy a backup bottle of Vetiver Citron 100 ml for $15 in a heartbeat, the stores in my area have the 30 ml bottles for $13.

I'm glad I went with my gut instinct and blind bought Vetiver Citron despite majority fragrantica reviews (smells like Prada Infusion Home? old fashioned? weak? leans feminine??). It was NONE of those things in my wearings. Fragrantica also compares Vetiver Citron to Brooks Brothers NY Gentlemen and Cremo Blue Cedar and Cypress, which somehow get a much higher rating than Vetiver Citron. Not only do I think that Vetiver Citron is far far superior to both, but I also think they smell nothing alike. So yeah, I don't really use fragrantica's ratings as a reference point, we are hardly ever attuned.

I'd buy a backup bottle of Vetiver Citron 100 ml for $15 in a heartbeat, the stores in my area have the 30 ml bottles for $13.
    I think for the most part, the ratings have been spot on. Some I've smelled with lower ratings I liked but most 4star I've loved.
    If vetiver citron smells close to Brook Brothers then I'm glad I passed on it as it was just ok to me. I've smelled Cremo Cypress it's good but smells old school.

Maybe I'd think differently if I coulda smelled it, but it was locked down. Oh well...who knows may be there when I get back.

Unfortunately, the stores are kind of empty right now. You kinda have to hit 6 stores to find something. Luckily, I have 5 Ross, 5 T J's, 4 Marshalls and 2 Burlington within a 25min drive in my area, but even so it's been hard finding Jack! Good luck...
    Even when they were in abundance I visited at least 6 different stores and still could not find any......guess it's not meant to be.

Best luck I’ve had a Burlington in a while.... 1.7oz of Tom Ford Noir edp, gift set of Varvatos Artisan, gift set of Varvatos Artisan Blu.... Marshall’s and to max in the area have been dead with the exception of a few Acqua Di Parma Colonia and Colonia Club that were prices at $130....

Quote Originally Posted by Tol58 View Post
    Best luck I’ve had a Burlington in a while.... 1.7oz of Tom Ford Noir edp, gift set of Varvatos Artisan, gift set of Varvatos Artisan Blu.... Marshall’s and to max in the area have been dead with the exception of a few Acqua Di Parma Colonia and Colonia Club that were prices at $130....
    Those are very nice finds.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Saw several Burberry London 1.7 oz bottles on sale for $35
    No large bottles?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    No large bottles?
    I saw a 3.4 oz. (or is it 4 oz?) at Marshall's yesterday. They funny thing is it's only $5 more. TJ Maxx and Marshall's do this all the time, putting only a $5 difference between two different sized bottles of the same fragrance.
    Last edited by Danny Mitchell; 26th June 2019 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    I saw a 3.4 oz. (or is it 4 oz?) at Marshall's yesterday. They funny thing is it's only $5 more. TJ Maxx and Marshall's do this all the time, putting only a $5 difference between to different sized bottles of the same fragrance.
    Goodness - what a deal!

Great post. I agree 100%. It's a great fragrance with great performance.

Hednic: Are you a fan of Burberry London? I saw a couple of bottles of different Burberry varieties at the Marshalls in lower Manhattan but the security devices completely obscured the name.DSCN0465.jpg
    Last edited by Reebofaq; 27th June 2019 at 09:26 AM.

Page 162 of 166 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 ... LastLast