Code of Conduct
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 961 to 1,020 of 1522

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    How do you find the reformulation compares? I've only tried the vintage and really, really like it.
    Sorry for the delay, I just saw this. The instant I sprayed it, it smelled the same to me. Funny how it brought back memories of 20 years ago. The cap is cheap, I think it used to be metal with the metal ring and now its plastic and mine was broken off (this may have been part of the clearance price) But smells the same to me as the original. I don't remember how long the original lasted but I got a good 6 hours out of the current one with a couple sprays under the shirt.

Picked up Midnight in paris gift set on clearance for $39. Also picked up a MAJOR steal IMO. 3.3oz Cartier Declaration for $20.00, marked down from $69.99. Loving the cartier so far.

Quote Originally Posted by d_duffy7 View Post
    Also picked up a MAJOR steal IMO. 3.3oz Cartier Declaration for $20.00, marked down from $69.99. Loving the cartier so far.
    WOW! that is great! makes me wanna drive out to my TJ's right now!! congrats!
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Picked up Midnight in paris gift set on clearance for $39. Also picked up a MAJOR steal IMO. 3.3oz Cartier Declaration for $20.00, marked down from $69.99. Loving the cartier so far.
    Scored that same bargain!

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Scored that same bargain!
    OK, I am going to my TJ's first thing tomorrow! I thought the markdown to $49 was a good deal.. $20 is a no brainer!

I just ordered Midnight in Paris tester for around $37 and I considered that a great deal. And a 3.3oz Cartier Declaration for $20 is a steal.

There's a cartier concentrete for 69 marked down to 49... I'm gonna wait on that. Any thoughts?

There's a cartier concentrete for 69 marked down to 49... I'm gonna wait on that. Any thoughts?
    Which one ?

Eau de concentree? I think

Penhaligon`s LP No.9 1.7oz for $30

I was at Ross today.

I purchased Bijian Nude ($12 for 75ml) because I thought it was a musk scent. It's not a musk. Its a powerful citrus lemon cleaner product scent. Very strong lemon dish powder soap. Any little musk is hidden and overpowered by lemon. Not worth $5 in my opinion. The lemon is so strong and overpowering I couldn't wear this with just 1 spray. What a shame!

I purchased a big Cuban Gold cigar ($8 for 100ml). It is supposed to be a Le Male clone. It smells like Le Male, minus vanilla. For $8 it's worth it. Nothing great here. Perry Ellis 360 White is better than this in my opinion, but it's also $24.99 for a 50 ml bottle.

I purchased Realm ($10 for 50ml). The only reason I made the purchase is it said "made with human pheremones". I've never smelled pheremones, so I paid the $10 to satisfy my curiousity. It's not a bad fragrance. Peppery and spicy, a little Obsession for men going on, but with more pepper and a touch of sweetness. If Realm has Pheremones, it had no effect on me. As a fragrance, it is probably the best smelling out of the 3 I purchased.

I saw a bunch of Curve in all sizes and flavors. Most were $19 for the larger bottles.

I saw Nautica Voyage and Nautica Blue. I think they were $16 for large bottles. I never tried these and thought about buying Voyage, but passed.

Went to one TJ and sadly, no $20 cartier clearance for me the bottles were still at $49.00. Hopefully another store will have a few mispriced bottles

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOpera View Post
    Went to one TJ and sadly, no $20 cartier clearance for me the bottles were still at $49.00. Hopefully another store will have a few mispriced bottles
    If it's on clearance then it's not mispriced. They cut prices when an item stays in the store too long. That bottle may go on clearance the next time the store does inventory. Sometime a nice salesperson will tell you how long before a bottle gets marked down.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's on clearance then it's not mispriced. They cut prices when an item stays in the store too long. That bottle may go on clearance the next time the store does inventory. Sometime a nice salesperson will tell you how long before a bottle gets marked down.
    Vintage Kouros rocks

Quote Originally Posted by smellgood4u View Post
    The normal price at TJ Maxx is $69, I saw it on redtag clearance for $49 at 3 different TJ Maxx's in my area, so unless there is super duper double discount that I don't know about I assumed that when ppl got it for $20 it was a mistake, which I have seen and taken advantage of before

This was an as-is discount since it was missing part of the set, but I got a 2.5oz Uomo Moschino edt and 1.7oz shower gel for $15, so I think I got a decent deal esp. since the AS would be my least fave part of the set. It was a nice blind buy

No $20 Cartiers but managed to get LP No. 9 for Women and i already bought the Mens LP No. 9 there a week ago.

Spotted Azzaro Night Time, Kanon Norwegian Wood, MJ Legend and a couple others at Ross but I didn't have time to wait in line. I plan on going back for Night Time though as that one sounds interesting.

Police to be or not to be 25$
    Victorinox 125 years your companion for life 12.99

Last weekend I spotted John Varvatos Star USA reduced from 29.99 to 20.99 but decided to pass on it. Went to browse today saw it furtherly reduced to 4.99!!! Its not a great fragrance but at 5 bucks its a no brainer. Obviously someone bought it, sniffed it, and returned it as there were finger prints on the bottle upon opening. Also stopped by Target and got a 1oz. bottle of Unforgiveable on clearance for 2.89 ehh why not? I don't like Sean John but for 3 bucks it'll be ok to add to my collection, considering a 1oz. bottle of this cheap juice runs for 30 bucks at Walmart.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.

CK Man, at Ross for $25. That's interesting. I thought that one disappeared quite a while ago.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

90ml Davidoff Champion in TK Maxx in Southampton for 15
    Smelling good on a budget!

Blog Entries

CK One Shock for Him finally shows up in our local Marshalls for $25 (100 ml bottle). Didn't pull the trigger, as the 200ml costs $37 on FragranceNet via Amazon the other day.

Checked out my local TJ Max and Marshalls after seeing this thread. It was a total waste of time, they almost had nothing and what they had I wouldn't have payed five dollars to own.

I have wasted so much money in these stores on second rate scents.

Blog Entries

Vancouver Winner's I see Angel, A*Men and Creed Love in Black

TJ Maxx has been absolutely barren near me.

Azzaro Night Time at Marshall's.

Got Fleur du Male and Tsar super cheap

I've gotten a few cheapies from TJ Maxx, but the only one I've really liked has been Quorum.
    For some reason, ever since Christmas the frag selections have been awful at the stores near me.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

The normal price at TJ Maxx is $69, I saw it on redtag clearance for $49 at 3 different TJ Maxx's in my area, so unless there is super duper double discount that I don't know about I assumed that when ppl got it for $20 it was a mistake, which I have seen and taken advantage of before

This was an as-is discount since it was missing part of the set, but I got a 2.5oz Uomo Moschino edt and 1.7oz shower gel for $15, so I think I got a decent deal esp. since the AS would be my least fave part of the set. It was a nice blind buy

Hope you like it, but for me, all I got after the first two sprays was a way harsh hairspray smell that seemed to stick in my throat and nostrils after I took a whiff. Returned it to my neighborhood Marshall's the very next day.

I'll say this about the discounters (TJMaxx and Marshalls): they'll pretty much take anything back.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1 View Post
    I'll say this about the discounters (TJMaxx and Marshalls): they'll pretty much take anything back.
    Actually Ross around here stopped taking fragrances back last year.

Yes, things remain the bleakest I have seen in three years at the local Tj/Marshall's, especially for male frags. One local store has had less than a dozen choices for nearly a month. Almost nothing new arriving.

CK Shock ($25) and Versace Dreamer ($35). I didn't buy either, but I debated both. I need to wear my sample of the Dreamer more before I commit to a bottle. And I kind of wish I could smell Shock. I regret not sampling that one when it was at Sephora last year. The ugly bottle was such a turn off.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by dampier View Post
    Yes, things remain the bleakest I have seen in three years at the local Tj/Marshall's, especially for male frags. One local store has had less than a dozen choices for nearly a month. Almost nothing new arriving.
    It might just be a reflection of an industry thing---more brands controlling their product, and by contract preventing sell through at discounters, thereby 'cheapening' a brand.

Also, when you have an abundance of quality colognes at cheap discounters, that's a very serious supply problem, on their part. I'm sure designers and others have improved their supply chain and forecasting issues.

Went to Kmart and found a few frags on clearance. Bought a Old Spice AS and Deo Stick for $5 and this Perry Ellis 360 set with 1oz spray, 3oz AS and Shower gel for only $6. When I first sprayed it I thought I had bought windex.. but the dry down reveals why this one was popular back in the day.

Mont Blanc Legend is now at Marshall's. 1 OZ for $34.99.

I was at Marshalls and they had 50 ml. Bond no 9 Nuits de Soho that was not priced, so I asked them how much it was. They walked around cluelessly trying to find a price and couldn't. They brought up an Usher cologne to scan through the register. I bought it for 19.99!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower99 View Post
    I was at Marshalls and they had 50 ml. Bond no 9 Nuits de Soho that was not priced, so I asked them how much it was. They walked around cluelessly trying to find a price and couldn't. They brought up an Usher cologne to scan through the register. I bought it for 19.99!
    Holy cow! Sweet deal! The Bonds at Winners are priced at $90-$100.

Just last week I saw Creed Silver Mountain Water.

For you Torontonians, the Winners on Front Street seems to stock decent stuff every now and then.

Today, I picked up a couple of steals. Jaipur gift set (100 mL EdP with after shave and body wash) for $40. There were 4 gift sets lying around, and I had previously seen them for the last couple of weeks. The original price was $79.99, then it was marked down to 59.99, and ended up at $40. For $40, that's an absolute steal, especially since it's the EDP. Though when I sniffed it, I realized it wasn't for me, it's definitely an "older gentleman" scent, so I gave it to my dad and he was very happy with it

Also picked up Mandarina Duck Black, 3.4 oz for $29.99, another solid deal. They still have two left on the shelf if anyone here is interested.

Last week, I bought Marc Jacobs Bang 1 OZ for $20. I also saw Bang Bang 1 OZ for the same price, and it's still sitting there.

Before their mass clearance ended on February 24, they also had a bunch of Bonds, but unfortunately I did not know at that time which ones were good/bad besides New Haarlem (which wasn't there), and I stupidly picked up I Love NY for him for $40. When I got to my office and went on the web, I found out that I picked up one of the worse ones, and I went back and returned it immediately. By the time I got back a few hours later, all the other Bonds were mostly gone. From what I remember, they had Washington Square (for women so no big deal), Riverside Drive, Coney Island and a few others I can't recall. I'm pretty bummed I missed out on Riverside Drive and Coney Island, which were both priced at 40-50$, but oh well. They disappeared pretty quickly.

Some other stuff I've seen there is Creed Fantasia de Fleurs for women, Versace the Dreamer 1 oz for 29.99, a few Michael Jordan scents (don't think I've seen Legend though, unfortunately), Burberry Brit, Burberry the Beat, Vince Camuto for women, Boucheron Pour Homme, a few Guess scents, some Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Van Cleef & Arpels, and a lot of other random stuff.

Selection isn't the greatest but from time to time you'll see some nice bargains.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceSilver View Post
    For you Torontonians, the Winners on Front Street seems to stock decent stuff every now and then.

Today, I picked up a couple of steals. Jaipur gift set (100 mL EdP with after shave and body wash) for $40. There were 4 gift sets lying around, and I had previously seen them for the last couple of weeks. The original price was $79.99, then it was marked down to 59.99, and ended up at $40. For $40, that's an absolute steal, especially since it's the EDP. Though when I sniffed it, I realized it wasn't for me, it's definitely an "older gentleman" scent, so I gave it to my dad and he was very happy with it

Also picked up Mandarina Duck Black, 3.4 oz for $29.99, another solid deal. They still have two left on the shelf if anyone here is interested.

Last week, I bought Marc Jacobs Bang 1 OZ for $20. I also saw Bang Bang 1 OZ for the same price, and it's still sitting there.

Before their mass clearance ended on February 24, they also had a bunch of Bonds, but unfortunately I did not know at that time which ones were good/bad besides New Haarlem (which wasn't there), and I stupidly picked up I Love NY for him for $40. When I got to my office and went on the web, I found out that I picked up one of the worse ones, and I went back and returned it immediately. By the time I got back a few hours later, all the other Bonds were mostly gone. From what I remember, they had Washington Square (for women so no big deal), Riverside Drive, Coney Island and a few others I can't recall. I'm pretty bummed I missed out on Riverside Drive and Coney Island, which were both priced at 40-50$, but oh well. They disappeared pretty quickly.

Some other stuff I've seen there is Creed Fantasia de Fleurs for women, Versace the Dreamer 1 oz for 29.99, a few Michael Jordan scents (don't think I've seen Legend though, unfortunately), Burberry Brit, Burberry the Beat, Vince Camuto for women, Boucheron Pour Homme, a few Guess scents, some Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Van Cleef & Arpels, and a lot of other random stuff.

Selection isn't the greatest but from time to time you'll see some nice bargains.
    Sounds like you were buying stuff just because. BTW I love ny for him actually smells great. I just wouldnt spend a lot of $$$ for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erok32 View Post
    Sounds like you were buying stuff just because. BTW I love ny for him actually smells great. I just wouldnt spend a lot of $$$ for it.
    No I had smelled Jaipur and Mandarina Duck before, as well as Bang. I knew what I was getting with Jaipur, but I really wanted to give it to my dad. Mandarina Duck is nice but for the regular price I wouldnt buy it, however at $30 it's pretty good. And Bang I had been interested in for a while, but I wanted a smaller size because I don't see myself using it frequently, so 1 OZ was perfect for me.

And I smelt I Love NY For Him, it wasn't bad but I didn't know if I really liked it enough to actually keep it. At regular price tag, I don't know who the hell would buy it. Even at $40, I was unsure if I wanted it. In hindsight, I probably should've kept it and resold it for a higher price (arbitrage ) but oh well.

Lol for $40 I wouldve kept it.

Just scored a midnight in Paris 4.2oz. Gift set for 15 bucks at Marshalls on clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower99 View Post
    Just scored a midnight in Paris 4.2oz. Gift set for 15 bucks at Marshalls on clearance.
    Damn, that's an amazing deal!

My TJ Maxx and Marshall's continue to be pretty barren. Mont Blanc Legend has been the only decent new sighting.

TK Maxx in the UK has precious little to offer at the moment: 50ml Dirty English for 20, 75ml David Beckham Instinct for 15, 50ml Kenneth Cole Reaction 13... The latter being the only one I haven't tested. Is it worth a punt??
    Smelling good on a budget!

Just visited my local Marshall's, nothing worth buying but everything they did have was pretty much $19.99 and under (David Beckham Instinct, Nautica Pure, and a bunch of Polo stuff).

Total garbage at the Marshalls I went to today. Beverly Hills Polo Club sets, Adidas, and Playboy junk....
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

I just spotted Bond No. 9's Bryant Park at Marshalls for $129 which is a lot for Marshalls

Quote Originally Posted by voodoodanny View Post
    TK Maxx in the UK has precious little to offer at the moment: 50ml Dirty English for 20, 75ml David Beckham Instinct for 15, 50ml Kenneth Cole Reaction 13... The latter being the only one I haven't tested. Is it worth a punt??
    That's a pretty good price for Reaction. It's not a groundbreaking scent but it does smell very nice. If you need a pleasant, inoffensive scent go for it. If you find that really boring though and prefer something more "busy" and loud and you're not a fan of fruity/citrusy fragrances then pass on it.

The stock at the TJ's and Marshalls has been liquid garbage around here for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    The stock at the TJ's and Marshalls has been liquid garbage around here for quite some time.

We have a ton of TJ Maxx's and Marshalls out here and they have had total crap for quite a while. The last really good frag that I remember seeing at TJ's was Guccy Envy about 2 years ago and like an idiot I didn't buy it. Of couse we all know what happened to Envy not long after that!!!

Bought a 4.2oz bottle of police to be or not to be on clearance for 16.99 on clearance at Ross. I think its pretty good. It reminds me of joop homme wild. It lasts a long time and projects really good also. It's a sweet scent with a little spicey edge to it. The bottle is a ridiculous looking skull.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Maxpower99; 9th March 2013 at 06:29 AM. Reason: duplicate

I hit up Winners yesterday.

1) Marc Jacobs "Bang Bang" 30ml - $19.99 - I purchased this as I really like the original and hadn't seen this flanker anywhere before.

2) Creeds $129-180: Royal Oud, GIT, Silver Mountain Water, etc.

There were a few others that I considered (Declaration backup bottles, etc.) but the selection still isn't quite what I'd like.

Marc Jacobs Bang! boxset for $15
    CK Shock One boxset for $15
    both at the same Marshalls, and yes I bought them both!

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Total garbage at the Marshalls I went to today. Beverly Hills Polo Club sets, Adidas, and Playboy junk....
    I concur, the ones in Dallas are also garbage , including TJ maxx and Ross. I see the same shit haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NathanaelV View Post
    Marc Jacobs Bang! boxset for $15
    CK Shock One boxset for $15
    both at the same Marshalls, and yes I bought them both!
    Thats great! Now thats the kind of deal I look for!

Blog Entries

Winners at downtown Vancouver BC has Creed Royal Oud, Himalaya, Green Irish Tweed for $180 CAD (4oz.) I picked up GIT for my boyfriend. I'm not too big on Creed but he likes the clean scent.

Quote Originally Posted by VintagePoison View Post
    Winners at downtown Vancouver BC has Creed Royal Oud, Himalaya, Green Irish Tweed for $180 CAD (4oz.)
    This makes me want to move to Canada!!

This makes me want to move to Canada!!
    Me too. All of the money saved on health insurance premiums and copays would go straight toward discount fragrances.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Me too. All of the money saved on health insurance premiums and copays would go straight toward discount fragrances.
    Lol, with our taxes though, I'm not so sure you'd be saving a whole lot! :P

Quote Originally Posted by frostiblack View Post
    I hit up Winners yesterday.

1) Marc Jacobs "Bang Bang" 30ml - $19.99 - I purchased this as I really like the original and hadn't seen this flanker anywhere before.

2) Creeds $129-180: Royal Oud, GIT, Silver Mountain Water, etc.

There were a few others that I considered (Declaration backup bottles, etc.) but the selection still isn't quite what I'd like.
    Did you go to the Winners on Front St? If so, that bottle of Bang Bang was probably the one that I saw there about 3 weeks ago haha, I guess they marked it down even more.

I feel like in the last 3 months the TJ Maxx and the Marshall's around me are carrying MUCH fewer fragrances... it is less than half the number they were carrying in Oct Nov Dec.
    Top notes of... sweat, gasoline, motor oil; a heart of deer musk and gunpowder, resting on a base of sex and testosterone... Mandom.