Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

I've see the G2s packaged both ways... individually in one 1.3 bottle and together with 2 x 1.3 bottles. Even though I was under the impression they were supposed to be a pair.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

I ended up getting the Gaultier 2, can't beat the price. I also noticed some new stuff including:
    1.7 oz Burberry Sport - 34.99
    3.4 oz (I think) Habit Rouge - 49.99
    1 oz Drakkar Noir - 14.99

Only thing that bothers me, is as soon as I opened my Gautlier 2, and pulled them apart, the magnets went flying. LOL eventually they all fell off except one. So, it kinda ruins the bottle's concept, but it's also easier to grab.

I spotted habit rouge, givenchy ph (red bottle), givenchy xeryus rouge, givenchy gentlemen, guerlain vetiver and lolita lempicka au masculin. Each of the bottles were either $40 or $50.

I also spotted a complete set of the D&G scents. (le bateleur, la lune, etc.)
    My Top Fragrances:
    Hermes: Terre d"Hermes
    Dior: Homme
    Yves Saint Laurent: La Nuit de L'homme
    Burberry: London
    Gucci: Pour Homme
    Rochas: Man
    Azzaro: Pour Homme

Wanted:
    L'Artisan: Fou d'Absinthe; Cristiano Fissore: Cashmere for Men; Parfums d'Nicolai: New York; Divine: L'homme Sage; Montale: Black Aoud; Tauer: L'air du desert Marocain.

The Habit Rouge would be hard to pass up. I've seen all the others mentioned at my Marshall's/TJ Maxx (with the exception of Kouros).

Nice to see Habit Rouge there. Priced at $49.99, though, I just have to ask why it's in a "discount" store. Hopefully no one buys it, and it gets put on clearance after Christmas.

L'Eau d'Issey 2.5 oz gift box $50. Not much of a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    Hopefully no one buys it, and it gets put on clearance after Christmas.
    Hehe, right on.

Yes, that's really the big problem. The quality of merchandise is going up but so are the prices! Wait for clearance indeed. My wife said it best "No fragrance should cost over $24.99 at TJ Maxx".

At TJ Maxx yesterday, I saw Xeryus Rouge 100 ml for $29.99, Guerlain Vetiver 4.2 oz for $49.99, and DKNY Be Delicious Green and Red 3.4 oz for $39.99.

Quote Originally Posted by karisuma View Post
    Recently someone mentioned that WalMart has Nautica Voyage 3.4 oz for $15. Has anyone else seen that?
    After reading this post last month I went to a few local Walmarts and could not find Voyage, but tonight I was there and decided I'd see what gift sets were on sale for 50% off. I stumbled across a 100ml bottle of Voyage for $7. Wow! I'm glad I didn't have it when I looked for it the first time since I lucked out tonight. Unfortunately there was only one bottle left or I'd have picked up a few for trades here on BN.

If you can find it in these stores, is it still worth having?

Creed at TJMax is still unbelievable but oh well, they brought it on themselves.

just got back from a long vacation and ready to hunt down super deals on post-xmas clearance. Today stopped by Big Lots and Burlington. The former had 30% off all fragrances it seems, not just ones on the xmas isle. Picked up Canoe 0.5 oz for $0.70 after the discount (my first fragrance under a dollar)! Plus a few other goodies.

Burlington had 50% off all fragrance gift sets, as they did last year. A good deal is Azzaro PH 1.7 oz + 3.4 aftershave = $15.

so, my bargain hunt today took me to Walmart, Walgreens, and Meijer. What did I find?

A lot of drugstore scents on discount! Examples at Walmart and Meijer:

-0.5 oz sprays of Canoe, English Leather, Jovan Satisfaction, etc for $0.75
    -Old Spice 2.25 oz cologne + deodorant for $1.25!
    -Various Stetson gift sets for under $3.
    -a set of 3: Bod Man Body Heat, ReallyRippedAbsOnSteroids, and King for $3.50
    -Walgreens had every gift set 50% off (as they did last year)

Time to stock up on Body Heat!

Some good clearance offers already in the old world (all in EUR, all at TJ Maxx)

- tons and tons of Nicole Farhi homme for 7 (they must have bought several containers of these)
    - Jasper Conran Mister for 7
    - more or less the entire Police fragrance line (Wings Gold & silver, Dark, Cosmo and some I hadn't heard of before), all priced around 10-12
    - Paul Smith Story, Man and Extreme each for 13-18
    - many many Creed's marked down for a second time, Silver Mountain Water now for 23, Royal Water and Erolfa (large size) for 40, some others I wasn't familiar with
    - Paco Rabanne Ultrared for 18
    - Givenchy Very Irresistble Summer Edition for 20, there was no shortage of these either
    - Calvin Klein Eternity, Obsession and Escape, not sure of the price
    - Ed Hardy men gift sets for 20

Bought once again way too much, should resist peeking into the fragrance aisle in general...
    Looked for Varvatos Artisan for several months to then find it to be one of the most simple citrus drugstore fragrances ever made

T K Maxx (UK) had Creed Royal Water for £98

yeah, that sounds right, that was pretty much the original tj/tk price - in the clearance they slashed that price by another 50-60% over 2 markdowns, not just the creeds but prices of many other EU frags as well (like Paul Smith Man from 29 original to 20 (first markdown) to 13 (second markdown).
    Looked for Varvatos Artisan for several months to then find it to be one of the most simple citrus drugstore fragrances ever made

Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post
    After reading this post last month I went to a few local Walmarts and could not find Voyage, but tonight I was there and decided I'd see what gift sets were on sale for 50% off. I stumbled across a 100ml bottle of Voyage for $7. Wow! I'm glad I didn't have it when I looked for it the first time since I lucked out tonight. Unfortunately there was only one bottle left or I'd have picked up a few for trades here on BN.
    I scored a 3.4oz bottle of Voyage for $7 at the local Walmart tonight, also. I was shocked to find it amongst the clearance gift sets from Christmas. I very nearly passed it up, thinking it was simply misplaced. Not a bad steal .

I saw Paris Hilton for Men and Burberry Weekend at Ross

Quote Originally Posted by cspetros View Post
    I scored a 3.4oz bottle of Voyage for $7 at the local Walmart tonight, also. I was shocked to find it amongst the clearance gift sets from Christmas. I very nearly passed it up, thinking it was simply misplaced. Not a bad steal .
    I'm surprised it's still there, as most fragrances they had left were flying off the shelf by Dec 31. Was it shelved with the other cologne gift sets?

Got a bottle of Xeryus Rougr 3.3 for $22. At TJ-Maxx

I'm surprised it's still there, as most fragrances they had left were flying off the shelf by Dec 31. Was it shelved with the other cologne gift sets?
    Voyage d Hermes or Voyage Nautica?
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picked up a 50 ml Versace the Dreamer for $25 today. Not a super great price, but I'd heard so many things about it, I was compelled to pick it up...

Multiple 100 mL bottles of both:

Tommy Bahama edc -- $19.99

Tommy Bahama Very Cool edc -- $19.99
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Quote Originally Posted by calero View Post
    Which ones??????
    Habit Rouge and Vetiver
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

Shelves are getting bare again. I managed to see 50 Cent's Power @ TJ Maxx - 14.99 for a 3.4 oz. I almost blind bought it, then I recalled a friend telling me it's worse than Akon Konvict, which I blind bought, which is pretty bad..

At my local CVS Pharmacy they had the 1.7 oz Azzaro Onyx for like 8 or 9 bucks, personally I'd rather drown myself than wear this.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    Nice to see Habit Rouge there. Priced at $49.99, though, I just have to ask why it's in a "discount" store. Hopefully no one buys it, and it gets put on clearance after Christmas.
    Looks like they marked down Habit Rouge to $38.00 on clearance when I checked yesterday. Not cheap enough to make me buy it though...Online prices are still better.

Lanvin Arpege
    Versace Dreamer
    Prada Infusion D'Homme
    Halston Z14
    Marc Jacobs Man

Azzaro PH - $19.99 & Baldessarini Ambré - $24.99 @ Marshalls

It was buried behind the clearance gift sets that were left over from Christmas. It was the only one there, as I dug through them all. The detail that caught my attention was that it wasn't locked in one of those security packs like most of Walmart's upscale fragrances. After noticing that, I dropped it in my cart and checked the price with one of the barcode scanners they have randomly thoughout the store. When I saw $7, it stayed in my cart. It's not the greatest frag IMO, but it is definitely worth $7.

Today I picked up a Porsche Design Essence 1 oz travel spray for $10.

A decent fresh scent that I'll probably use after the gym as a pick-me-up.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Shelves are getting bare again. I managed to see 50 Cent's Power @ TJ Maxx - 14.99 for a 3.4 oz. I almost blind bought it, then I recalled a friend telling me it's worse than Akon Konvict, which I blind bought, which is pretty bad..
    I haven't tried Akon Konvict (it sounds horrible), but I like 50 Cent's Power. It has been described here as a powerhouse-wannabe, and I agree. It reminds me of Perry Ellis Portfolio and Portfolio Elite, but I like Power better than those. Definitely worth $15 for a 3.4 oz bottle.

Just a heads up, but I've stopped at a few Walgreens looking around, quite a few have Red For Men 1.7 oz bottles marked down to $4.99 at least around here.

These threads used to be interesting, as there were actually frequent interesting and affordable finds at Marshalls and similar.

Now these threads are for the most part boring - just like the inventory I see when I visit their stores.

^True. I went to 3 TJ Maxx and 1 Marshalls stores a couple of weeks ago to buy a bottle of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin but couldn't find one. It looked like both stores have cut off their men's fragrance inventory in half. I didn't even see any Rochas Man nor Ed Hardy.

I also went to 2 tjmaxx and a Marshalls and there was literally nothing! I bought 3 Lolita limpeka at Xmas time for gifts....but they have totally nothing now! They need a refill!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

It is sad now. I wonder if the excess inventory has dried up to where there is not much left to move? The economy still stinks, the recession rolls on. I have been to at least 8 different locations of these stores (Maxx/Ross/Marshalls) over the past two weeks (been on the road a lot between Augusta, Atlanta and Charlotte) and saw nothing that really even tempted me.

Empty here in Vegas as well, nothing the past 2 months at ALL and it just keeps on shrinking. Must be a Christmas time only thing. bummer.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    Empty here in Vegas as well, nothing the past 2 months at ALL and it just keeps on shrinking. Must be a Christmas time only thing. bummer.
    Same here. My Marshall's selection has practically disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    ^True. I went to 3 TJ Maxx and 1 Marshalls stores a couple of weeks ago to buy a bottle of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin but couldn't find one. It looked like both stores have cut off their men's fragrance inventory in half. I didn't even see any Rochas Man nor Ed Hardy.
    Blame the ebay resellers.

They ruin it for everyone.

Which ones??????
    Guerlain Vetiver
    - Expect the unexpected

Shortly after Christmas there was a pretty good selection. I picked up a Versace Pour Homme gift set with a 100 ml bottle, 2.5 oz aftershave and 3.4 oz body wash for $40. But in the past 3-4 weeks, the selection has been poor. This is generally the worst time of the year for retail anyways, and since they get the leftover stuff, there isn't much "leftover" lately since most companies are retooling their lines for the spring/summer seasons.

It will pick up again around Father's Day.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

/\ Thanks for the reminder. Somebody on Youtube (codehorror is it?) was showing off a 50ml bottle of the OLD formulation Fahrenheit! It was only $20.00! Imagine that! I went a bit crazy snooping around for one but could not find anything. On the other hand, True Religion is being sold for very cheap especially compared to when it debuted at retail stores..

I picked up something I have not seen on the shelves in a couple years (possibly discontinued) I told myself I would never buy it again because it has such crappy longevity.. but I couldn't resist. Nautica Sunset Voyage. Damn it smells so good, the reviews on here of it are just horrible, it smells like oranges + the sun and sand. I haven't quite smelled anything like it, maybe on of the Adidas fragrances was similar, but Sunset Voyage is very well balanced considering it's a first of its kind. It's just the longevity.. HORRIBLE.

Anyways.. it was 17.99 for a 3.4 @ Ross. They also had Burberry Touch, 2.5 I believe for 19.99, Paris Hilton for Men 1 oz for 9.99, Ceasar's 4 oz for 9.99, and Escada Magnetism 1.7 for 24.99. Weird on Magnetism, cause I got it there a couple years ago in the 3.4 for that price..

check out your Ross' people, they have some less common stuff.

the Maxx/Marshalls used to be the best kept secret. Unfortunately, I just don't see the amazing finds I used to discover there. Either they're not getting the goods that they used to, or more people are picking over everything and there's less left over (or both), but it sucks.

It used to be that most of the mooks browsing the shelves at Marshalls didn't know anything beyond Ralph Lauren/Armani/etc, and the good stuff would be left sitting on the shelves until guys like us found it. I think that's changed a little.

I remember the day I walked into TJ Maxx and saw one whole shelf filled with original formulation M7 EDT and body products. I grabbed a bunch of deo sticks, shower gels and aftershave gels. I wish I'd have also bought a few more EDTs, because I think they were only $15 apiece. Those were the days!

I agree with you Indie. I too have been using these stores primarily for my frags for a very very long time, way before all the exposure. I believe that it has caught on, as fragrances have become more popular world wide, epidemically, not just us sicko's here on BN :O Although, I stop into these stores pretty often, and I am not seeing much change in general, so I do believe they are going through a dry spell. But, like Danho said, it will pick up around Father's Day, so all the non-spending will be an excuse to go crazy and stock up then

Yea i haven't even bothered checking lately, its been bone dry so I'm hoping it will pick up on Fathers Day, like most have been saying. My fiance doesn't get as mad when I get cheap fragrances, but gives me the evil look when I get something special and pricey for myself =)

I found another 4.2 oz Guerlain Vetiver but it was marked on clearance for $39! Now to decide if I'm going to keep it or resale it.

Winners in Calgary had, Liz Taylors passions for $15, DKNY Men 1.7oz for $30, and He Wood 1.7oz for $30.

And Lastly, mine had a big bottles of Ocean Wet Wood, Rocky Mountain Wood, and Silver Wind Wood (For women) for $50.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Zanzibar by VC& A at Marshalls.

nice

Default Re: lordy look what walked into TJXMaxx

Geez that didn't take long. I really like Bang. How much was it??

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    Geez that didn't take long. I really like Bang. How much was it??
    yea what he said

i expected that. Everyone knows that the average person judges a fragrance on the top notes because thats what they smell. Noone wants to just smell like pure pepper.

I'd expect it too, especially this time of year.

I also really like Bang, but there's no way I'd ever wear it if it's not cold enough outside that I can see my breath.

TJXMaxx very often gets mainstream releases quite soon after they appear.

Must have been the ad-campaign that scared the bros off.

***Eyes gravitate instantly to the Facconnable***

But Yeah, bang is a great designer release, very green, spicy & woody without being cheesy or dated at all, I really liked it.

Must have been the ad-campaign that scared the bros off.
    I suspect the ad campaign was fairly gay-themed right ? I think the naked dude sunk M7 before it took off.......but perhaps the "gayest" ad and bottle of all time sells really well amongst the guidos and broughams.......Le Male......I think the pepper and cough syrup topnotes are likely more to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    ***Eyes gravitate instantly to the Facconnable***
    Hilarious....Tell me why I did the same thing. I am really surprised that people like BANG as much as they do. It doesn't do much for me. I lump this, GPH I and all those cedar scents into one category. I just can't get past the pencils.
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garçons
    Love & Luck by Ed Hardy
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)