Code of Conduct
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,380 of 1506

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    I know this is the Ross/Marshalls/TJ Maxx/etc thread, but here's a deal for my fellow bargain hunters:

overstock.com currently has 100ml testers on sale for $65.99... if you are a first time customer, you get an additional 10% off for a grand total of $59.39 w/free shipping... this is about as cheap as you'll find DHI. If you want one, I'd get on it fast as this likely won't last long.

http://www.overstock.com/Health-Beau...7/product.html
    I did an order maybe back in January for DHI tester, $46.14. From overstock.com.
    (Formerly Jouho)

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    I did an order maybe back in January for DHI tester, $46.14. From overstock.com.
    sick deal, should've posted it here.

sick deal, should've posted it here.
    I may have been the last one to order before it went out of stock or w/e. I saw a thing on a FB page, that's how I got to it. You saw the DHI tester thing from a FB thing too, right?
    (Formerly Jouho)

Bought Michael Jordan legend 3.4 oz at Burlington coat factory for $12.99 almost bought Mont Blanc individual 1.7 oz for 24.99 at Tj Maxx.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know this is the Ross/Marshalls/TJ Maxx/etc thread, but here's a deal for my fellow bargain hunters:

overstock.com currently has 100ml testers on sale for $65.99... if you are a first time customer, you get an additional 10% off for a grand total of $59.39 w/free shipping... this is about as cheap as you'll find DHI. If you want one, I'd get on it fast as this likely won't last long.

http://www.overstock.com/Health-Beau...7/product.html
    Thanks for the heads up. This is a great price and I was able to snag a bottle.

Spotted at KC, MO Ross and bought Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme 1oz/30ml for $16.99 and Caesers Man 4oz/120ml for $8.99.

Regards,

TC
    Last edited by The Colognnoisseur; 9th March 2014 at 03:19 PM.
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

At Marshalls/TJM:
    Bang 50ml $19.99
    Emporio Armani He 50ml clearanced priced at $32.00
    Encounter Fresh 50ml $19.99
    Lanvin Notes de Lanvin: Orange Ambre 50ml $12.99
    Mont Blanc Presence 50ml $24.99

At Gordmans:
    Joop! Homme 75ml $34.99 less a 20% off coupon

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

The new downtown PDX Ross had Versace L'homme (not to be confused with Versace Pour Homme).
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for HdP 1725 or Bond Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Basenotes Plus

Just blind bought Nautica Voyage for 20 bucks at Marshalls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DanHD View Post
    Just blind bought Nautica Voyage for 20 bucks at Marshalls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love that juice!

Not finding anything purchase worthy at my Maxx and Marshall's stores! I will check again this week!

Picked up a Giorgio Beverly Hills for $11.99 today at Marshalls..

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    Not finding anything purchase worthy at my Maxx and Marshall's stores! I will check again this week!
    Nothing this weekend for sure!

Winners (Canada) has been rather empty for the last couple months.
    Today they had two 120ml bottles of Creed Silver Mountain Water, 2013 date code. 199.99 per bottle (prices are increasing).
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

wiiners got a restock recently in the GTA area it seemed.

I saw SMW, Royal Oud, Tabarome and another creed all for 199. Lots of new bond no 9s as well (andy warhol montauk comes to mind)

Quote Originally Posted by LMT View Post
    wiiners got a restock recently in the GTA area it seemed.

I saw SMW, Royal Oud, Tabarome and another creed all for 199. Lots of new bond no 9s as well (andy warhol montauk comes to mind)
    I wish we got that lucky around San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay)

Got tommy by Tommy Hilfiger 1.7 for 18 dollars at Marshall's

My local TJ hasn't had hardly anything the last few times I stopped by. Ross has had quite a good selection though...tried Cuba Prestige Black while I was there since it was $7.99 and Cuba frags are normally pretty good. However this cheapie was a no go for me :/

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    My local TJ hasn't had hardly anything the last few times I stopped by. Ross has had quite a good selection though...tried Cuba Prestige Black while I was there since it was $7.99 and Cuba frags are normally pretty good. However this cheapie was a no go for me :/
    Oh ya, Cuba Black is a devil huh lol. That stuff is strong, and black to say the least. I had a bottle, gave it to my father who wears Grey Flannel, and even he couldn't wear it. The best way I can describe it is take the dry down of Azzaro pH, mix it with a TON of lavender.. and make it project like a monster. Ya total headache.. I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Saw 2.5 oz of L`eau D`Issey Pour Homme marked down to 39.95 at Ross
    Gym scent of week: A*Men Pure Havane

My gym hates me

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Oh ya, Cuba Black is a devil huh lol. That stuff is strong, and black to say the least. I had a bottle, gave it to my father who wears Grey Flannel, and even he couldn't wear it. The best way I can describe it is take the dry down of Azzaro pH, mix it with a TON of lavender.. and make it project like a monster. Ya total headache.. I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it.
    Oh man, that's no joke! I had the young cashier girl open it up and I put a spritz on my hand and told her I was gonna walk around for a while and see what I thought of it. But that one spray on my hand was totally overpowering the Chanel I was wearing, I lasted about 10mins before I was running for Ross' restroom to wash that God awful stuff off!lol Can't say I've ever had that strong/quick of a reaction to a scent before. But I learned a valuable lesson that evening....not all Cuba scents are good for their price and worth owning! (still wanna try the platnium prestige though)

nd.1598.jpg

Vera Wang for Men; 50ml; $24.99 at Marshalls/TJ Maxx

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Oh man, that's no joke! I had the young cashier girl open it up and I put a spritz on my hand and told her I was gonna walk around for a while and see what I thought of it. But that one spray on my hand was totally overpowering the Chanel I was wearing, I lasted about 10mins before I was running for Ross' restroom to wash that God awful stuff off!lol Can't say I've ever had that strong/quick of a reaction to a scent before. But I learned a valuable lesson that evening....not all Cuba scents are good for their price and worth owning! (still wanna try the platnium prestige though)
    Ya definitley not. I've tried quite a bit of them. I gotta warn ya.. stay away from the entire "Latino" set, that includes: Copacabana, Cuba Carnaval, Cuba Cactus, Cuba Maya.. these are all wretched, like really bad. There was one that reminded me of 1 Million, but more powdery with a strong tobacco note, it was such a headache.

Gold is an amazing one, I'm sure you know. I even prefer it to Le Male, because it's less powdery and maybe slightly more dark. Cuba Red is pretty good too, I used to hate it and thought it smelled like B/O, but it's actually not bad, but longevity is horrible, which is weird for such a spicy scent. Cuba Green was ok, but had a weird plastic smell. Cuba Brown reminded me of a more plastic smelling Carolina Herrera for Men, the plastic like note eventually subsided, but I already have CH which is just ok, nothing worth having another one similar to it. I only tried one from the "City" series, and that was Hollywood.. that one was quite a sleeper. This reminded me of a darker version of D&G The One, with a strong tobacco presence, lots of vanilla, patchouli, spices, and a musky dry down; it's worth trying for sure, you can get a 1.17 oz for like 3 or 4 bucks shipped off scentedmonkey.

Any other ones worth trying that I missed?
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by The Colognnoisseur View Post
    nd.1598.jpg

Vera Wang for Men; 50ml; $24.99 at Marshalls/TJ Maxx

Regards,

TC
    That's a pretty decent deal for Vera Wang for Men. I recently used up what was left of my bottle and was quite happy when I did. This one just has a really strong "burning plastic" vibe to it. It's like a very very green vanilla, kind of reminds me of Hermessence Vanille Galante, but VG is a little less sweet, and without the plastic thing going on. Both are interesting enough, but not for me.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

That's a pretty decent deal for Vera Wang for Men. I recently used up what was left of my bottle and was quite happy when I did. This one just has a really strong "burning plastic" vibe to it. It's like a very very green vanilla, kind of reminds me of Hermessence Vanille Galante, but VG is a little less sweet, and without the plastic thing going on. Both are interesting enough, but not for me.
    I wanted to like Vera Wang Men, but I swear it almost made me sick. Loved the bottle, color of juice and concept. Smell was headache inducing.

image.jpg

Les Notes de Lanvin II: OUD & ROSE for $12.99, total best buy of the year so far
    Last edited by TheOpiumJuices; 29th March 2014 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I wanted to like Vera Wang Men, but I swear it almost made me sick. Loved the bottle, color of juice and concept. Smell was headache inducing.
    Ya I know exactly what you mean.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Cuba Prestige Black is a clone of Swiss Army -- smell nearly identical. I did side-by-side tests, ended up selling both of them because I couldn't stand the scent. Saw it again at Ross for $7.99. Unless you really really love Swiss Army, steer clear.

Quote Originally Posted by bmn View Post
    Cuba Prestige Black is a clone of Swiss Army -- smell nearly identical. I did side-by-side tests, ended up selling both of them because I couldn't stand the scent. Saw it again at Ross for $7.99. Unless you really really love Swiss Army, steer clear.
    Thanks for the heads up. Don't care for Swiss Army either.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Ya definitley not. I've tried quite a bit of them. I gotta warn ya.. stay away from the entire "Latino" set, that includes: Copacabana, Cuba Carnaval, Cuba Cactus, Cuba Maya.. these are all wretched, like really bad. There was one that reminded me of 1 Million, but more powdery with a strong tobacco note, it was such a headache.

Gold is an amazing one, I'm sure you know. I even prefer it to Le Male, because it's less powdery and maybe slightly more dark. Cuba Red is pretty good too, I used to hate it and thought it smelled like B/O, but it's actually not bad, but longevity is horrible, which is weird for such a spicy scent. Cuba Green was ok, but had a weird plastic smell. Cuba Brown reminded me of a more plastic smelling Carolina Herrera for Men, the plastic like note eventually subsided, but I already have CH which is just ok, nothing worth having another one similar to it. I only tried one from the "City" series, and that was Hollywood.. that one was quite a sleeper. This reminded me of a darker version of D&G The One, with a strong tobacco presence, lots of vanilla, patchouli, spices, and a musky dry down; it's worth trying for sure, you can get a 1.17 oz for like 3 or 4 bucks shipped off scentedmonkey.

Cuba Las Vegas is my 3rd fave after Gold and Red - give it a try - had 2 women smell these 3 and the older one (mid 40s) liked the Gold the best and the Red second and the Las Vegas 3rd - the younger one (early 20s) liked the Las Vegas best, the Red 2nd and the Gold 3rd - I know this is a very small "test group" but it was still interesting.

Thanks for the heads up on those ones, will make sure and steer clear of them! Definitely agree about Gold, that's the one that got me started on them...unbelievable frag for the price.(and like you I prefer and wear it WAY more than my bottle of LeMale) I also own Prestige, which is a very good Amen clone IMO(only with a bit of a sour note in it)but don't wear it that much because I don't enjoy Amen all that often to begin with I have a small bottle of Red somewhere that I should track down and try again, I remember giving it one sniff a couple years ago when I got it and didn't care for it at all.

And just recently I got a bottle of Cuba Wild Heart, very nice smell along the lines of Love and Luck/MI...first impression is a little synthetic and cheap in the top, but mellows out and smells very good for a $8 cologne. Only thing is longevity, it seems pretty weak...however it hasn't got much above mid 50's here yet. Can't wait to see how it does in the heat.
    Last edited by bigbz; 30th March 2014 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    Cuba Las Vegas is my 3rd fave after Gold and Red - give it a try - had 2 women smell these 3 and the older one (mid 40s) liked the Gold the best and the Red second and the Las Vegas 3rd - the younger one (early 20s) liked the Las Vegas best, the Red 2nd and the Gold 3rd - I know this is a very small "test group" but it was still interesting.
    Cuba Las Vegas huh? What was the overall smell of it? Good to know, I'll keep an eye out for it...thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    I will check this one out. Scentedmonkey usually has most of these for 3-4 bucks, I will wait for the free shipping w/ no minimum promo that they usually run at least once a month for a couple days.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Picked up a 100ml EDT of A-Men Pure Shot today at Winners in Burnaby, BC. On the clearance rack for $29 - box a bit beat up, but the bottle was just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOpiumJuices View Post
    image.jpg

Les Notes de Lanvin II: OUD & ROSE for $12.99, total best buy of the year so far
    Grabbed one of these myself a few days ago - and its a great, lighter but very enjoyable OUDish rose - very nice for any price

I've picked up Les Notes de Lanvin Orange Ambre and Oud & Rose within the past month. Haven't found Vetyver Blanc yet but I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Somewhere I read that these are supposed to be unisex (?). The Orange Ambre is quite soft and feminine to my nose, won't be getting much use from me but the wife might like it. Of the two, I think Oud & Rose is more middle-of-the-road unisex and probably more wearable for men IMO.

@TURNERIII. Awesome I'm glad you scored, for $12.99 you really can't lose. Let us know if you see the 2 others from this collection.

I found Les Notes de Lanvin Vetiver Blanc at the TJ Maxx here in Louisville. Also $12.99. I bought it blind and not too impressed yet. Very generic. Will give it a couple more wears though to see if it improves.

Spotted and bought a 50ml bottle of Les Notes de Lanvin Vetyver Blanc for $12.99 at TJ Maxx.

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

Spotted and bought a 50ml bottle of Les Notes de Lanvin Oud & Rose for $12.99 at TJ Maxx.

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

I found Les Notes De Lanvin II Oud & Rose at TJ Maxx today!!! Nice... A very nice addition to my collection!!!

Local Winners was quite well stocked yesterday. Some finds I remember:

- Goutal Cologne Trio (Eau d'Hadrien, Neroli, Vetiver), 3x50ml, $99
    - Assorted Robert Piguet EDPs 50ml (Fracas, Calypso, etc.), $80
    - Lanvin Avante Garde, $35 clearance
    - Terre d'Hermes mini coffret, $20
    - Hermes Kelly Caleche, 100ml, $85 clearance
    - Various Creed 100ml bottles (Tabarome, Silver Mountain Water, etc.), $150-170 clearance
    - Various Bond 100ml bottles (Warhol, Chinatown, etc.), $120-170 clearance

Winners next door to work (Surrey, BC) seems to have gotten a big Hugo Boss dump recently too, along with:

- Salvatore Ferragamo pour homme - $29.99 for the 50ml
    - John Varvatos Star USA - $24.99 for the 100ml and $16.99 for the 50ml
    - Lanvin Avant Garde 100ml for $34 on clearance
    - Mont Blanc Presence Cool - $29.99 for the 100ml and $24.99 for the 50ml
    - Midnight in Paris, $59.99
    - CK Dark Obsession 125ml is on clearance for $38
    - CK Eternity Summer (2013) - $39.99 for the 100ml
    - Original RL Polo for $59.99 for the 50ml (ouch)

Found a 2.5 bottle of Le Male terrible for $29.99 at Ross.

There was a lot of new inventory at my local TJ Maxx, but I was specifically looking for Lanvin Oud & Rose, but to no avail. Usually I jot down what I see so I can remember to post on this thread, but like I said, my mind was on something else. I do remember seeing a 3.4 oz bottle of Davidoff Echo for 19.99. Probably a good deal because I think it's discontinued, I don't see this one ever spoke about, so I have no clue if it's any good. I also remember seeing Set Sail Marinque (sp??) in the 1.7 oz for 14.99, then the usual suspects. There were a lot of new things though, but I really can't remember much.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

I do remember seeing a 3.4 oz bottle of Davidoff Echo for 19.99. Probably a good deal because I think it's discontinued, I don't see this one ever spoke about, so I have no clue if it's any good.
    Just another aquatic, and like most recent Davidoff frags it's nothing special. If you're an aficionado of the genre or you need an inoffensive summer scent then sure, pick it up, but Nautica Voyage, Chrome Legend, and Set Sail St. Barts are all more interesting IMO.

I hit a Marshall's and a Ross today and it was mostly the usual suspects, but there was one I hadn't seen before: Azzaro Pour Homme Night Time, 3.4 oz for $20. Passed on it, at least until I get time to read some reviews.

My last several times in these discount stores I've seen some large-ish Boucheron boxes with $14.99 tags, but they've always turned out to be either shower gel or aftershave balm. I keep hoping that one day I'll encounter an EDT that slips through the cracks.

Didn't buy anything, but this is what I remember:

Caribbean Joe Island Supply Co 100ml $9.99 - never heard of this before, but there was an open box and it smelled a lot like Cool Water. Pretty cool packaging as well.

Marc Jacobs Bang 100ml $24.99 - good price, but this is one of the few frags that I really can't stand.

Nautica Aqua Rush 50ml $9.99 - almost bought this for the hell of it, but decided against it.

Kenneth Cole Vintage Black 100ml $24.99 - reviews didn't make it sound worthwhile.

Perry Ellis 360 White 100ml $19.99 - if I liked LeMale more, I would've bought this... but I don't ever even use my Cuba Gold anymore.

Marc Ecko UNLTD 100ml $14.99 - I think this is a decent price, but no interest at all.

Default Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

Large amount of 50 ml D&G The One for $45 at my local Marshall's
    Last edited by Ghosst; 18th April 2014 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosst View Post
    Large amount of 50 ml D&G The One for $15 at my local Marshall's
    For $15, I'd probably snatch that up.

For $15, I'd probably snatch that up.
    Haha it was a mistake on their part, most said 44.99 but one said 14.99 idk haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosst View Post
    Haha it was a mistake on their part, most said 44.99 but one said 14.99 idk haha
    Well, that changes everything!

Well, that changes everything!
    Still going to try my luck at the 14.99 but also saw the standard assortment of the masses of adidas

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    I found Les Notes De Lanvin II Oud & Rose at TJ Maxx today!!! Nice... A very nice addition to my collection!!!
    Which stores are you going to because the ones here in Colorado Springs are the pits! I had better luck in Utah and that's saying something! :-)

Marshall's:
    Davidoff Echo 3.4 for 19.99
    Ross:
    Perry Ellis Night 1.7 for 19.99
    Carribean Joe EDT for Men 3.4 for 9.99 - blind bought, cool bamboo looking bottle, smells like a sweet GIT/Cool Water/Aspen type sent. Need to go home and spend some time with it, but opening smells really good.

Quote Originally Posted by spcmiller View Post
    Which stores are you going to because the ones here in Colorado Springs are the pits! I had better luck in Utah and that's saying something! :-)
    I'm in Ohio... I had to go to 3 stores to find the Lanvin Oud Rose... My TJ MAXX stores have become a Beverly Hills Polo Club Outlet store... Also a boat load of Nautica and Adidas scents... I did see a couple of 8oz. sprays of Halston Z-14... It's been a good while since we've had a decent stock of good fragrances come here in Ohio... It seems to be hit and miss... We have the TJ MAXX Stores and the Marshall Stores in my city... I hope we receive some classy fragrance stock as we approach Fathers Day!!!

Do these bargains for DHI pop-up often?
    "As perfume doth remain In the folds where it hath lain, So the thought of you, remaining Deeply folded in my brain, Will not leave me: all things leave me: You remain."

-Arthur Symons

Quote Originally Posted by mansoor View Post
    Do these bargains for DHI pop-up often?
    Not sure. I did an order recently for 7 Fahrenheit testers, came out to... $88 and change? And then after that an order for a Fahrenheit 32 tester for $26.34.
    (Formerly Jouho)

Our stores have really sucked lately.

Yep, my store sucked lately too

Not sure. I did an order recently for 7 Fahrenheit testers, came out to... $88 and change? And then after that an order for a Fahrenheit 32 tester for $26.34.
    Those deals are amazing. Do you use overstock.com for all of them?
    "As perfume doth remain In the folds where it hath lain, So the thought of you, remaining Deeply folded in my brain, Will not leave me: all things leave me: You remain."

-Arthur Symons