Code of Conduct
Page 25 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 750 of 2018
  1. #721
    Super Member Erok32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    433

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Ive been seeing better scents but the desireable ones are not cheap at all. I could find better deals online much of the time.

  2. #722

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Erok32 View Post
    Ive been seeing better scents but the desireable ones are not cheap at all. I could find better deals online much of the time.
    Agreed. Anytime I find something that catches my eye, the price is too high.

  3. #723
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    225

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitealltrac View Post
    Stopped by the store and it is gone with the wind! I was hoping to snatch it up after reading all of this. Oh well I am sure there will be more to come. I now have high hopes for better scents after seeing someone spotted I love NY.
    It was probably bought by one of the readers here! In our area frugality is the rule at both TJ Maxx and Marshall's. I just don't see expensive things moving, especially above $50.

    In our western New York stores, most of the fragrance shoppers are middle-aged women. In the Canandaigua store, guys from the immigrant Latino community are avid shoppers -- many under 30. We also see a lot of Russian/Ukrainian shoppers. The more urban stores offer less than half the variety and quantity of the suburban stores. Marshall's Pittsford is the most upscale of them all. Maxx is less so.

  4. #724

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    I am going to try my best not to darken the doors of TJ Maxx, Ross, or Marshall's for the next month. God, please give me the strength...I blow way too much money in these places. It's cheap retail therapy and I nickel and dime myself to death.
    Currently wearing: Invictus by Paco Rabanne

  5. #725

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I am going to try my best not to darken the doors of TJ Maxx, Ross, or Marshall's for the next month. God, please give me the strength...I blow way too much money in these places. It's cheap retail therapy and I nickel and dime myself to death.
    CHUCK!!! I literally told myself the exact same thing yesterday! I started adding up my last 12 months of purchases to see how much money I'd spent. I don't regret spending the money, but I do regret the way I spent some of it. I listed my purchases in order of favorites and realized all of my recent cheapies were at the bottom of the list except for one: Dirty English. And then I realized I'd be happy to trade all of them for one or two bottles I'd be excited about.

    As soon as I hit 500 posts here, I plan on starting a swap thread to see what I can trade.

  6. #726

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    CHUCK!!! I literally told myself the exact same thing yesterday! I started adding up my last 12 months of purchases to see how much money I'd spent. I don't regret spending the money, but I do regret the way I spent some of it. I listed my purchases in order of favorites and realized all of my recent cheapies were at the bottom of the list except for one: Dirty English. And then I realized I'd be happy to trade all of them for one or two bottles I'd be excited about.

    As soon as I hit 500 posts here, I plan on starting a swap thread to see what I can trade.
    Yeah, when I looked at my wardrobe the hard truth was that I NEVER keep scents from these places. Never. Not on purpose, either, so that tells me something. I don't really value them. No keepers out of 30 some bottles. That's sad, and expensive.
    Currently wearing: Invictus by Paco Rabanne

  7. #727

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Picked up a 50 ml Original Penguin by Munsingwear and TSAR Van Cleef & Arpels 50 ml for 19.99 each at Ross.

    - - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by stormscout; 1st September 2012 at 02:07 PM.

  8. #728

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Zino for $39.99....picked it up, but not sure if that is really a good price or not....

  9. #729
    Basenotes Junkie psychoskip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    530

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Surprised to find some DKNY "be delicious". Bought it for my girlfriend since I love it on her. I wish they made a comparable male fragrance that smelled of masculine sweet apples, but I settled for the $24.99 for 40ml. Not too shabby.

  10. #730
    Super Member Hayven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    209
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Yeah, when I looked at my wardrobe the hard truth was that I NEVER keep scents from these places. Never. Not on purpose, either, so that tells me something. I don't really value them. No keepers out of 30 some bottles. That's sad, and expensive.
    Pretty much the same thing has happened to me; and the last 3 times I went to TJ Maxx, I did not buy anything. I think the choices will be better come Christmastime, as I seem to have held on to the perfumes I bought then.

  11. #731
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    165

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Just picked up a 1.7 bottle of CK shock for $9.99 at Marshalls, still had the $45.00 sticker on the bottom... Surprised, I hadn't seen it there before...

  12. #732
    Dependent chili_willi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Today saw the typical crap on the men's side other than Declaration and it was ridiculously overpriced. Still no Rochas Man. The ladies side had both Angel by Thierry Mugler and Flowerbomb.

  13. #733
    bourbon108's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    188

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Marshalls had Angel Sunessence 'Blue Lagoon' edition EDT, $39.99 for 1.7 oz. Also saw original Angel EDP, I think $69.99 for 1.7 oz.

  14. #734

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by ingsoc48 View Post
    Just picked up a 1.7 bottle of CK shock for $9.99 at Marshalls, still had the $45.00 sticker on the bottom... Surprised, I hadn't seen it there before...
    I haven't bought anything in months, but I would definitely pick up Shock for ten dollars. That's a great deal.

  15. #735

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Prada infusion vetyver -tjmaxx $50
    Sexual sugar daddy -Ross 75ml $16

  16. #736
    Basenotes Junkie psychoskip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    530

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Picked up DKNY - Be Delicious for $24.99 for my girlfriend. Love that stuff on her.

  17. #737

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Stopped in at 2 Tj's yesterday and noticed they both had moved men's frags to a different area of the store. Not as much space and the shelves made the items in the back harder to see so I'm not happy about this change. And there were still some men's stuff in the women's. So apparently this move is aimed at the guy who is too macho to be caught looking for stuff in the "girly" side of the store...

    I picked up a new one to me, Kanon Norwegian Wood 3.4 for $7. Not sure what I think of it yet, but for the longevity I am noticing, I might have over paid
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

  18. #738
    Oviatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,355

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Just spotted Pasha and Santos at Marshalls--never saw those there before!

  19. #739

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    I am so pleased that I bought NOTHING in these stores this weekend.

    My only temptation was CK Contradiction (3.4) but it was $39.99 and I don't even need it!
    Currently wearing: Invictus by Paco Rabanne

  20. #740

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Picked up a bottle of Nautica Voyage ($20) and MB Individuel ($25)

  21. #741

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I am so pleased that I bought NOTHING in these stores this weekend.

    My only temptation was CK Contradiction (3.4) but it was $39.99 and I don't even need it!
    AHAHAAHAHAAA!!! BUT YOU COULDN'T STOP LOOKING, COULD YOU? AND, And, and... uhm... yeah. Me too. It's like a sickness! I can't stop looking. I can't resist. I guess I have a silly hope that something awesome will show up.

    I actually thought about this discussion here while I browsed Ross today. I managed to keep my promise to not buy anything, though I was tempted by MJ Legend for $13. But really, I don't know if I'd wear it, so I passed.

  22. #742

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Obsession Night 2.5 oz for 19.99 at TJM
    My Ultimate Top 5:

    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

  23. #743

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Ross:

    Jennifer Aniston for $24.99/50ml

    Bulgari Au the Rouge for $26.99/50ml

  24. #744

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    AHAHAAHAHAAA!!! BUT YOU COULDN'T STOP LOOKING, COULD YOU? AND, And, and... uhm... yeah. Me too. It's like a sickness! I can't stop looking. I can't resist. I guess I have a silly hope that something awesome will show up.

    I actually thought about this discussion here while I browsed Ross today. I managed to keep my promise to not buy anything, though I was tempted by MJ Legend for $13. But really, I don't know if I'd wear it, so I passed.
    I know, it is a sickness. One day at a time, bro. We did well this time!
    Currently wearing: Invictus by Paco Rabanne

  25. #745

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    The stores by me have not had anything worth purchasing lately. Also, I find that with the exception of Set Sail St. Barts and Grey Flannel, I am not wearing any of the scents I have purchased on the cheap. I am thinking I will take a break from my routine visits to TJ Maxx, Marshals, etc.

  26. #746

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Scentfanatic1631 View Post
    The stores by me have not had anything worth purchasing lately. Also, I find that with the exception of Set Sail St. Barts and Grey Flannel, I am not wearing any of the scents I have purchased on the cheap. I am thinking I will take a break from my routine visits to TJ Maxx, Marshals, etc.
    I think that's wisdom. For me at least. I have blown way too much cash on mediocre scents just for the "rush" of buying something new. Then I sell/swap it at a LOSS most of the time. I hope I will at least be much more selective in the future and only buy something special when it pops up. I've got to start valuing my cash more.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Scentfanatic1631 View Post
    The stores by me have not had anything worth purchasing lately. Also, I find that with the exception of Set Sail St. Barts and Grey Flannel, I am not wearing any of the scents I have purchased on the cheap. I am thinking I will take a break from my routine visits to TJ Maxx, Marshals, etc.
    I think that's wisdom. For me at least. I have blown way too much cash on mediocre scents just for the "rush" of buying something new. Then I sell/swap it at a LOSS most of the time. I hope I will at least be much more selective in the future and only buy something special when it pops up. I've got to start valuing my cash more.
    Currently wearing: Invictus by Paco Rabanne

  27. #747
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Krizia Uomo for 11.99 @ Ross ... smells kinda cool

  28. #748

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Yeah, I just have to give it up. Too many bottles that I'm not using.

  29. #749
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    270

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Just picked up Versace The Dreamer at Marshalls yesterday pretty good steal only bottle they had!

  30. #750

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by USAFammo9 View Post
    Just picked up Versace The Dreamer at Marshalls yesterday pretty good steal only bottle they had!
    THIS I can vouch for him. I was THAT close in regaining a piece of my youth..

Page 25 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, Vol. 2
    By jrd4t in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 278
    Last Post: 20th November 2010, 09:52 PM
  2. Odd 1 oz niche I spotted at TJ Maxx yesterday
    By MisterK in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25th September 2008, 09:53 AM
  3. Spotted at T.J. Maxx
    By Hyde65 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15th September 2007, 02:11 AM
  4. Euphoria Man spotted at Marshalls
    By scentimus in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23rd August 2007, 01:16 PM
  5. Odd 1 oz niche I spotted at TJ Maxx yesterday
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000