Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

Wife went to the pet store so I stopped back at Marshalls, Deauville was all gone (didn't last long at all). Had a bunch more Quorum, Grey Flannel, Drakkar and Passions for Men which they always have plenty of. Had a single bottle of Halston Catalyst for $7 which I bought, a single bottle of Realm. Had a bottle of some sort of DKNY which was apparently some limited edition from summer from 2 years ago but I wan't going to blind buy it.

TJ Maxx had a whole bunch of gift sets - mostly Perry Ellis Man and 360 (original I think), some True Religion. Nothing too exciting. However, they also had a whole bunch of .5 oz minis by the checkouts for like 6 - 10 bucks: Tommy Bahama, Unforgiven, CK Truth, a few others. I seldom see these minis, so I was interested.

Spotted at Canadian Walmarts:

YSL Opium EDT 3.4 $30
    Rive Gauche 3.4 $25

Saw the following:

Marshalls - Burberrys $25 for 1oz and $40 for 3.4oz
    Curve $20 for 3.4oz
    Boss Elements $30 for 3.3oz
    CK Man $25 for 3.4oz
    Wings $13 for 50ml bottle
    Realm $13 for 50ml bottle
    Saw a bunch of PS, Halstons, Jaguars, Dirty English sets etc

TJMaxx: Fujiyama Sets for $14.99
    Deauville $12.99 for 75ml bottle
    Facconable $25 for 3.4oz
    A whole bunch of Halstons, Jaguars

Saw Florida Water for $4.29 a bottle at the local Jewel-Osco. Am thinking of getting a bottle just to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by CreedKing View Post
    Saw Florida Water for $4.29 a bottle at the local Jewel-Osco. Am thinking of getting a bottle just to try it out.
    It's not bad. Surprisingly high quality for the price -- way better than the uber synthetic, foul-smelling stank water known as 4711. It's pretty clovey though, so if you don't like cloves you may not like it.

saw a kenneth cole set for $60 and laughed hysterically. this was $40 during xmas. some discount.

Wait: a number of TK Maxx in UK do not have any fragrance at the moment, and I don't think that's because of mothers day sales... London Charing Cross , M Keynes, Bletchely and few others. Anyone noticed the same? Or did I go there at the wrong time?
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Marc Jacobs bang for $29.99

Bottle is super cool, and I actually love this peppery fragrance. It makes me hungry!

Unfortunately my fragrance purchases are superficial, I want to be told I smell great, and doubt this fragrance will have any suitors.

Besides, I haven't gotten to wear any Mugler, JPG, and I've given away all my fragrances that my girlfriend doesn't like. (She likes burberry london and aquatics, that's it)

Ugh. I'm itching to buy this stuff right now.

Quote Originally Posted by lupo View Post
    Wait: a number of TK Maxx in UK do not have any fragrance at the moment, and I don't think that's because of mothers day sales... London Charing Cross , M Keynes, Bletchely and few others. Anyone noticed the same? Or did I go there at the wrong time?
    Very true, was just at the TK Maxx in Cologne/Germany, they used to have a large large wall of perfumes - now it has been cut down heavily to a small stand close to the cashiers. As they structurally changed the stores (same in Hamburg), I'm not very confident that they will stock back up soon again
    Looked for Varvatos Artisan for several months to then find it to be one of the most simple citrus drugstore fragrances ever made

Quote Originally Posted by d_duffy7 View Post
    Marc Jacobs bang for $29.99

Bottle is super cool, and I actually love this peppery fragrance. It makes me hungry!

Unfortunately my fragrance purchases are superficial, I want to be told I smell great, and doubt this fragrance will have any suitors.

Besides, I haven't gotten to wear any Mugler, JPG, and I've given away all my fragrances that my girlfriend doesn't like. (She likes burberry london and aquatics, that's it)

Ugh. I'm itching to buy this stuff right now.
    I got a lot of compliments on Bang from one of my female friends. She really loves it on me. I tend to wear peppery scents very well-- I've always received a lot of compliments anytime I wear scents with prominent pepper notes. I also think pepper scents are a wonderful alternative to aquatic scents for warm weather; Bang is nice on my skin in warm weather. If you also wear pepper scents well, then Bang is the way to go.

It makes me a bit hungry too-- it's kind of gourmand in its savory feel.

I loved Bang at first, then for a week thought it was just OK, then I "got it" and really started to appreciate some of the subtleties of it that one can miss at first. If you like it, grab it.

Was just at Marshall's this morning & they just got Sean Jean's I Am King in (and at a great price). They've got 50ml bottles for $19.99. I've seen Unforgivable there several times, but this is the first time I've seen I Am King discounted. This is much cheaper than I've seen it anywhere online too. It's an awesome fruity summer scent (only drawback is it has horrible longevity.). But at this price, I'd recommend it easily. Afterall, it did win a Fifi award as frag. of the year.

A lot of bvlgari female stuff.....

Dunhill Black @ Marshalls.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Dunhill Black @ Marshalls.
    Saw that one.

Also saw Boucheron pour Homme Fraîcheur Limited Edition (oriental style bottle)

I also saw fragrances by the NBA.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

At Marshall's yesterday I spotted about 3 - 4 Bang gift sets priced at $45 - with the 3.4 oz bottle. They also had a ton of 1.7oz bottles for $40 as reported. Gift set is a good deal though. Too bad I'm not a Bang fan... Picked up Bulgari Pour Homme extreme. Been looking for this one to reappear for a while now.

I got Boucheron Freicheur LE, for 29.99 blind bought it and i really like it.

Baldessarini for Men edc $19.99 (TJ Maxx)

Quote Originally Posted by Bossa Nova View Post
    Baldessarini for Men edc $19.99 (TJ Maxx)
    I've seen the Concentree for $30. Anybody tried it?
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gae View Post
    At Marshall's yesterday I spotted about 3 - 4 Bang gift sets priced at $45 - with the 3.4 oz bottle. They also had a ton of 1.7oz bottles for $40 as reported. Gift set is a good deal though. Too bad I'm not a Bang fan... Picked up Bulgari Pour Homme extreme. Been looking for this one to reappear for a while now.
    for how much?

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    Marshalls in CT -

Guerlain Vetiver and Habit Rouge, both $50.

I got my Habit Rouge at Marshall at extra clearance for $29

My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Chrome Sport and Bvlgari Soir @ Marshalls

Soir 100ml bottle for $45, decent.

I'd like to get the Habit Rouge and Soir, but with all the deals on eBay, paying more than $30 for either is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ajnabi View Post
    for how much?
    It was $20 for the 1 oz. Not an awesome deal, but I don't wear it that much, so I don't need a ton of it...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I'd like to get the Habit Rouge and Soir, but with all the deals on eBay, paying more than $30 for either is too much.
    Beware of fakes on Ebay...I bought a bottle of Polo Green and Acqua Di Gio back in December, and both were fakes....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

I don't think there are many fakes of Guerlain fragrances, since they aren't big sellers and are usually available for cheap on the grey market. Any bestselling fragrance like Polo, ADG, Le Male, etc. that shows up on ebay is pretty much guaranteed to be fake, though.

Glad this thread was bumped, as I was looking for it. My local TJ Maxx was PACKED with new stuff.

DKNY Be Delicious 1.7 oz - 24.99 (I might go back for this one.. it's pretty nice.. used to own it)
    Nautica Pure 3.4 oz set - 29.99
    Nautica Voyage 3.4 oz Set - 24.99
    Bvlgari Soir something 3.4 oz - 44.99
    Polo Modern Reserve 4 oz - 44.99
    Polo Double Black 4 oz - 44.99
    Love & Luck + Hearts & Daggers sets - 29.99 I think
    Guess Marciano 1.7 oz - 19.99
    True Religion Drifter gift set
    Fujiama (sp?) Black set - 14.99
    Sean John I am King 1 oz - 14.99

Lots of other stuff.. unfortunately I can't remember, but there was lots of new stock. Nothing particularly interesting.. Modern Reserve and Double Black are decent deals at those prices.

Next time I am there, I will take a more thorough inventory check

I bought Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme 1.0 OZ spray for $24.99 today. Good stuff, especially for summer!

Blog Entries

I saw the Marc Jacobs for Men set for $59.99 and Bang!'s set was about the same price. Eh....not a bad deal, but not a smokin' deal though.

Oh ya.. speaking of Marc Jacobs.. I saw The Bang giftset with the bigger bottle, and 2 creams I believe. One was probably an aftershave, the other.. some sort of skin cream. 44.99 @ Marshall's as well.

Not much at my local Marshalls this weekend but I did snag a bottle of the Art of Shaving lavender after shave balm for $5.99 and a bottle of Braukmann Classic after shave lotion for $4.99 so I can complain This is the first ive seen any Art of Shave products hopefully there will be more to come I really like their shave soap and cream.

spotted a versace eau fraiche set with 100 ml aftershave and edt for $45.

Lots of Terne Pour Homme at thew discounters near me.....

I saw one 50ml bottle of Bang for $55!!! That's more than full retail in a fancy store!!! I have got to have the worst discounter stores in the world near me. Always full of crap and the worst prices on it.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    ...TJ Maxx...
    Polo Modern Reserve 4 oz - 44.99
    I checked two TJ Maxxs around me and no dice. I really want to try this. Maybe they get the stock in the East and it makes its way West.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
    I checked two TJ Maxxs around me and no dice. I really want to try this. Maybe they get the stock in the East and it makes its way West.
    If ya have a Sephora around you, they have this there, you can get a sample for free. The original Polo was amazing, and Modern Reserve tops it imo.

If ya have a Sephora around you, they have this there, you can get a sample for free. The original Polo was amazing, and Modern Reserve tops it imo.
    Alas, the Sephorae around me barely have original Polo, let alone Modern Reserve. I don't even see MR on their site. Not to worry, just hearing tell of some stores getting new stock in somewhere gives me hope. They've all been pretty blah since January. I wouldn't mind finding a backup bottle of GV for $30.

With Father's Day coming up, their stock is increasing. Lots of box sets, some decent, mostly junk still.

At TJ Maxx today:

Prada Infusion d'Homme Gift Sets 3.4 EDT and 3.4 AS for $59.99. Tempted...as Squeeze put it...

Sur la Plage

I saw Polo (original) at Marshalls.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I saw Polo (original) at Marshalls.
    Catch the price, Joe?

Sur la Plage

Catch the price, Joe?
    I want to say $39.99 for the 2 oz bottle - but not 100% sure.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

A local Marshall's has Marc Jacobs Bang 1.7 oz for $39.95. No huge discount over online shops there
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

anyone get anything good lately? I just picked up a 1oz bottle of Marc Jacobs for men for $12.00, it was an open box on the clearance shelf but for $12 I can really complain.

Quote Originally Posted by fsatsil View Post
    anyone get anything good lately? I just picked up a 1oz bottle of Marc Jacobs for men for $12.00, it was an open box on the clearance shelf but for $12 I can really complain.

It's kind of static at my stores lately. Other than the Prada set I mentioned, nothing has been new or tempting, really. I have resisted the temptation so far on the Prada!

It's kind of static at my stores lately. Other than the Prada set I mentioned, nothing has been new or tempting, really. I have resisted the temptation so far on the Prada!
    Surprising since I'd expected post-Father's Day for them to get a lot of the unsold gift sets from department stores.

Nothing too new, although a few random Samba fragrances have been popping up, and I have not seen those in TJ Maxx before. Some were on clearance for $8. Chrome Sport has started to trickle onto the shelves as well. Seems to be selling fairly briskly.

Ohh ya.. I got a great one today. I stopped by Ross and just tried my luck. I was lucky and found He Wood in a 1 oz for 19.99.

Firstly, I didn't know they made a 1 oz. Now that I have opened the box, the bottle's presentation is a little different than the 1.7 and up.. there's no wood on the outside of the bottle. 20 bucks for a 1 oz is ehh, not the best.. but with a huge arsenal of fragrances, it should last me a while.

I really adore this scent, it reminds me of Grey Vetiver, with more of a salty/sea breeze vibe. Grey Vetiver meets Bond no 9 Wall Street. Awesome stuff! Lasts a while too. I really wanna try the rest from the series.

Ohh ya.. I got a great one today. I stopped by Ross and just tried my luck. I was lucky and found He Wood in a 1 oz for 19.99.

Firstly, I didn't know they made a 1 oz. Now that I have opened the box, the bottle's presentation is a little different than the 1.7 and up.. there's no wood on the outside of the bottle. 20 bucks for a 1 oz is ehh, not the best.. but with a huge arsenal of fragrances, it should last me a while.

I really adore this scent, it reminds me of Grey Vetiver, with more of a salty/sea breeze vibe. Grey Vetiver meets Bond no 9 Wall Street. Awesome stuff! Lasts a while too. I really wanna try the rest from the series.
    That's a good score! I'm impressed with the aroma of HeWood and Rocky Mountain Wood, but not so much by the longevity. Makes it perfect for a discount fragrance! If you like the original, def try out RMW, much woodier and I personally like it better.

Picked up a 125ml bottle of Halston 1-12 for $9.99 at Marshalls today. The sprayer is a little wonky...hopefully that works itself out.

Dependent

Yeah my Ross 1-12 atomizer has been acting up too. Whatever, I can only wear it to bed since the drydown smells like diaper deodorizer to me

Dependent

Default Re: lordy look what walked into TJXMaxx

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    I was just at Marshalls, they had 3 different Tommy Bahamas, Azzaro PH, Ferragamo PH, Halston Z14, 2 Burberrys... any of those worth a blind buy besides Azzaro, which is usually there?
    Yeah that's where I got my Z-14 splash. After wearing a couple times, it still smells like a deeper, more complex dentist's tooth polish to me. I can't get why anyone would want to smell like that. Much prefer Vince's masterpiece Yatagan (almost totally unrelated scent other than a vague gourmande connection and very rounded composition)
    Last edited by MonkeyBars; 29th July 2011 at 05:41 PM.

Blog Entries

I wore Rocky Mountain Wood. It has a similar vibe to Hermes Voyage to me. Just a well done, clean citrus with woods. Very pleasant, just nothing mind blowing.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gae View Post
    That's a good score! I'm impressed with the aroma of HeWood and Rocky Mountain Wood, but not so much by the longevity. Makes it perfect for a discount fragrance! If you like the original, def try out RMW, much woodier and I personally like it better.
    Hey Al, does RMW have any sweetness to it? I like wood but not when it's all syruped up.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Hey Al, does RMW have any sweetness to it? I like wood but not when it's all syruped up.
    Yo MB, I can't say it completely lacks any sweetness, but it certainly is dry to my nose. I get a lot of aromatic woods right from the get-go, and it reminds me a bit of Wonderwood / Opus 1870 in character. Just my style, but like Wonderwood on me, lasts about 3 -4 hours. Or perhaps I'm anosmic to a musk in the drydown... Either way, there's no tar or sappy sweetness - would be worthwhile for you to sample. I got my sample at Sephora, no need to send away to TPC.

Dependent

Sounds good Al. Wait, did someone find RMW at cheapo store? I missed that post.

No, someone found He Wood. I stopped in today, nothing new, just a restocking of the usual junk they always have.

TJ Maxx at Downtown Crossing in Boston had two bottles of Womanity EDP, 1.7 oz. for $29.99.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Bang by Marc Jacobs - $40.

Quote Originally Posted by bourbon108 View Post
    TJ Maxx at Downtown Crossing in Boston had two bottles of Womanity EDP, 1.7 oz. for $29.99.
    Hah, I work right around the corner from there and go there all of the time to check their selection out. Lately it's been chock full of junk. Did they restock anything else worth going for?
    Splits!

Roja Amber Aoud & Tom Ford Tobacco Oud --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...d-Fleur-splits