Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 ... LastLast

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

Just a heads up, but I've stopped at a few Walgreens looking around, quite a few have Red For Men 1.7 oz bottles marked down to $4.99 at least around here.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

These threads used to be interesting, as there were actually frequent interesting and affordable finds at Marshalls and similar.

Now these threads are for the most part boring - just like the inventory I see when I visit their stores.
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

^True. I went to 3 TJ Maxx and 1 Marshalls stores a couple of weeks ago to buy a bottle of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin but couldn't find one. It looked like both stores have cut off their men's fragrance inventory in half. I didn't even see any Rochas Man nor Ed Hardy.

I also went to 2 tjmaxx and a Marshalls and there was literally nothing! I bought 3 Lolita limpeka at Xmas time for gifts....but they have totally nothing now! They need a refill!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

It is sad now. I wonder if the excess inventory has dried up to where there is not much left to move? The economy still stinks, the recession rolls on. I have been to at least 8 different locations of these stores (Maxx/Ross/Marshalls) over the past two weeks (been on the road a lot between Augusta, Atlanta and Charlotte) and saw nothing that really even tempted me.
    Currently wearing: Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

Empty here in Vegas as well, nothing the past 2 months at ALL and it just keeps on shrinking. Must be a Christmas time only thing. bummer.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    Empty here in Vegas as well, nothing the past 2 months at ALL and it just keeps on shrinking. Must be a Christmas time only thing. bummer.
    Same here. My Marshall's selection has practically disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    ^True. I went to 3 TJ Maxx and 1 Marshalls stores a couple of weeks ago to buy a bottle of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin but couldn't find one. It looked like both stores have cut off their men's fragrance inventory in half. I didn't even see any Rochas Man nor Ed Hardy.
    Blame the ebay resellers.

They ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by calero View Post
    Which ones??????
    Guerlain Vetiver
    - Expect the unexpected

Shortly after Christmas there was a pretty good selection. I picked up a Versace Pour Homme gift set with a 100 ml bottle, 2.5 oz aftershave and 3.4 oz body wash for $40. But in the past 3-4 weeks, the selection has been poor. This is generally the worst time of the year for retail anyways, and since they get the leftover stuff, there isn't much "leftover" lately since most companies are retooling their lines for the spring/summer seasons.

It will pick up again around Father's Day.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

/\ Thanks for the reminder. Somebody on Youtube (codehorror is it?) was showing off a 50ml bottle of the OLD formulation Fahrenheit! It was only $20.00! Imagine that! I went a bit crazy snooping around for one but could not find anything. On the other hand, True Religion is being sold for very cheap especially compared to when it debuted at retail stores..

I picked up something I have not seen on the shelves in a couple years (possibly discontinued) I told myself I would never buy it again because it has such crappy longevity.. but I couldn't resist. Nautica Sunset Voyage. Damn it smells so good, the reviews on here of it are just horrible, it smells like oranges + the sun and sand. I haven't quite smelled anything like it, maybe on of the Adidas fragrances was similar, but Sunset Voyage is very well balanced considering it's a first of its kind. It's just the longevity.. HORRIBLE.

Anyways.. it was 17.99 for a 3.4 @ Ross. They also had Burberry Touch, 2.5 I believe for 19.99, Paris Hilton for Men 1 oz for 9.99, Ceasar's 4 oz for 9.99, and Escada Magnetism 1.7 for 24.99. Weird on Magnetism, cause I got it there a couple years ago in the 3.4 for that price..

check out your Ross' people, they have some less common stuff.

the Maxx/Marshalls used to be the best kept secret. Unfortunately, I just don't see the amazing finds I used to discover there. Either they're not getting the goods that they used to, or more people are picking over everything and there's less left over (or both), but it sucks.

It used to be that most of the mooks browsing the shelves at Marshalls didn't know anything beyond Ralph Lauren/Armani/etc, and the good stuff would be left sitting on the shelves until guys like us found it. I think that's changed a little.

I remember the day I walked into TJ Maxx and saw one whole shelf filled with original formulation M7 EDT and body products. I grabbed a bunch of deo sticks, shower gels and aftershave gels. I wish I'd have also bought a few more EDTs, because I think they were only $15 apiece. Those were the days!

I agree with you Indie. I too have been using these stores primarily for my frags for a very very long time, way before all the exposure. I believe that it has caught on, as fragrances have become more popular world wide, epidemically, not just us sicko's here on BN :O Although, I stop into these stores pretty often, and I am not seeing much change in general, so I do believe they are going through a dry spell. But, like Danho said, it will pick up around Father's Day, so all the non-spending will be an excuse to go crazy and stock up then

Yea i haven't even bothered checking lately, its been bone dry so I'm hoping it will pick up on Fathers Day, like most have been saying. My fiance doesn't get as mad when I get cheap fragrances, but gives me the evil look when I get something special and pricey for myself =)

I found another 4.2 oz Guerlain Vetiver but it was marked on clearance for $39! Now to decide if I'm going to keep it or resale it.

Winners in Calgary had, Liz Taylors passions for $15, DKNY Men 1.7oz for $30, and He Wood 1.7oz for $30.

And Lastly, mine had a big bottles of Ocean Wet Wood, Rocky Mountain Wood, and Silver Wind Wood (For women) for $50.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Edit: 2015... I've given up and given in
    Want to buy or swap: A*men Ultra Zest, Bentley Intense, Mont Blanc Legend Intense, Paco Rabanne Invictus,

Zanzibar by VC& A at Marshalls.

nice

Talking lordy look what walked into TJXMaxx

Default Re: lordy look what walked into TJXMaxx

Geez that didn't take long. I really like Bang. How much was it??

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    Geez that didn't take long. I really like Bang. How much was it??
    yea what he said

i expected that. Everyone knows that the average person judges a fragrance on the top notes because thats what they smell. Noone wants to just smell like pure pepper.

Blog Entries

I'd expect it too, especially this time of year.

I also really like Bang, but there's no way I'd ever wear it if it's not cold enough outside that I can see my breath.

TJXMaxx very often gets mainstream releases quite soon after they appear.

Must have been the ad-campaign that scared the bros off.

***Eyes gravitate instantly to the Facconnable***

But Yeah, bang is a great designer release, very green, spicy & woody without being cheesy or dated at all, I really liked it.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by calero View Post
    Must have been the ad-campaign that scared the bros off.
    I suspect the ad campaign was fairly gay-themed right ? I think the naked dude sunk M7 before it took off.......but perhaps the "gayest" ad and bottle of all time sells really well amongst the guidos and broughams.......Le Male......I think the pepper and cough syrup topnotes are likely more to blame.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    ***Eyes gravitate instantly to the Facconnable***
    Hilarious....Tell me why I did the same thing. I am really surprised that people like BANG as much as they do. It doesn't do much for me. I lump this, GPH I and all those cedar scents into one category. I just can't get past the pencils.
    Spring/Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme
    Kenzo Pour Homme (vintage)
    Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (vintage)
    D& G Masculine
    Christian Dior Dune
    Guerlain Homme (EDT)
    Bond No9 Riverside Drive

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)