Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

in Austin Tx: TJ Maxx-Azzaro PH 50ml for $19.99, lots of Tommy Bahama. Marshalls- same junk plus Drakkar noir. Ross has a new set up with frags out of the locked case now- Giorgio men, Giant bottle of Wings for like $16, Bvgari blv notte, overpriced CKs and Hugos, terrible Kanon woods for $6.(bought and returned)

My TJ Maxx had Burberry Sport for Men today. $39.99 for the 2.5 OZ edt. Compare that to the Sephora price, and it seems OK.

I would never buy cologne at Marshalls , TJ Maxx, or Ross.

Simply put bottles that stores weren't able to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post

So if something's not a popular/best seller, you wouldn't buy it? I find lots of scents that I personally love that weren't big, top sellers among mass market buyers. So, granted, there is a lot of junk at these discounters, but there's also tons of cool things that I like. So I love TJ/Marshalls/Ross's & I go there about once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    So if something's not a popular/best seller, you wouldn't buy it? I find lots of scents that I personally love that weren't big, top sellers among mass market buyers. So, granted, there is a lot of junk at these discounters, but there's also tons of cool things that I like. So I love TJ/Marshalls/Ross's & I go there about once a week.
    I agree. There is some great deals to be found.
    I got a bottle of Baldessarini Ambre for $17.00 at Winners here in Canada (the TJ/Marshalls/Ross equivalent) I could go on . . .

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    Hah, I work right around the corner from there and go there all of the time to check their selection out. Lately it's been chock full of junk. Did they restock anything else worth going for?
    Other than Womanity I think it was the same old stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by d_duffy7 View Post
    Marc Jacobs bang for $29.99

Bottle is super cool, and I actually love this peppery fragrance. It makes me hungry!

Unfortunately my fragrance purchases are superficial, I want to be told I smell great, and doubt this fragrance will have any suitors.

Besides, I haven't gotten to wear any Mugler, JPG, and I've given away all my fragrances that my girlfriend doesn't like. (She likes burberry london and aquatics, that's it)

Ugh. I'm itching to buy this stuff right now.

Two things
    a) sorry hate to break it to you but your girlfriend has bad taste in fragrance
    b) buy it and stop whinging

Aramis Cool Blend @ Marshalls

I noticed that my TJ Maxx has all their fragrances in a plastic security container. I think that is a good idea so you don't have everyone opening an using the fragrances.

The only downside is that I don't know how they smell (usually I just open the box and sniff. I don't spray).

What is their return policy if I don't like the scent?

This is a few days late...but I jumped on Marc Jacobs Bang (even though the GF hates it) For $25. Gift set...3.4oz bottle, aftershave and deodorant. Finally cheap enough to pull the trigger.

Also picked up Vera wang for men, $22 gift set. Pretty decent.

I saw Shalimar eau de cologne there. $39.99. I know nothing about shalimar, but heard it discussed on here multiple times. I popped up the fragrance directory on my phone and couldn't find any mens shalimar on here?

cK euphoria intense for $39.99, not deep enough of a discount for me, but heard it's fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by d_duffy7 View Post
    This is a few days late...but I jumped on Marc Jacobs Bang (even though the GF hates it) For $25. Gift set...3.4oz bottle, aftershave and deodorant. Finally cheap enough to pull the trigger.

Also picked up Vera wang for men, $22 gift set. Pretty decent.

I saw Shalimar eau de cologne there. $39.99. I know nothing about shalimar, but heard it discussed on here multiple times. I popped up the fragrance directory on my phone and couldn't find any mens shalimar on here?

cK euphoria intense for $39.99, not deep enough of a discount for me, but heard it's fantastic.
    I saw that same gift set for $36 a couple of days ago. I almost bit, as my wife loves it and so do I, but alas, we're broke this month! But I do have a 1.7 OZ bottle anyway. That was a great price for you! If the one I saw had been that cheap, I would have jumped on it.

Vera Wang does not work for me. Kinda makes me sick.

I absolutely love Bang, nice price you got it for there! Local TJ Maxx also had those Shalimar EDCs in, and from what I understand they are basically just a different concentration/strength. I read through a few threads after seeing those in the store, and got the impression it wasn't radically different. I could be wrong though, as I have only smelled the Shalimar EDP.

No offense but that is one of the most nonsensical reasons ever. Some of my best grabs have been found there. Sometimes the stores can't sell the good stuff because people don't know what the good stuff is, and they flock to the dreck. In addition to fragrances I scored there, I used to be able to walk into Marshalls and find loads of the best Japanese denim jeans ( the same jeans that were retailing in high end stores for $200+ a pair), but since a lot of people think CK and RL are "quality", these jeans were sitting there, unmolested,with $10 price tags on them. They were from such obscure high-end labels, that your typical Midwesterner who is ten years behind fashion had never heard of them! Score!

I wish I would have stocked up with armloads of vintage 3.4 oz bottles of M7 when they had about 10 on the shelf for $15 apiece! I wish I would have snagged the 5 or 6 bottles of Helmut Lang Cuiron back when I saw it on clearance for $20 a bottle at one of those SAKS 5th avenue outlet stores. Oh, the regrets...

Half of the schmucks tearing through Marshalls for colognes are going to be looking for NAMES like "Gucci", "CK", "Versace" and will leave the good stuff--the "Guerlains", "YSLs", etc for the enthusiasts.

More for the rest of us, I suppose.

Scored a 100ml of séxual for $9.99 bought blind and gave it to my father before opening it. Next time I saw him he smelled GREAT and when I asked what he was wearing he said" the one you got me". Well worth it

Stores? Last time I checked, Marshall's TJM, and Ross were stores. Snob much?

I also saw the Shalimar EDC today at TJ Maxx. I started to buy it, but it was still $44, and I decided not to.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Stores? Last time I checked, Marshall's TJM, and Ross were stores. Snob much?
    LMAO so funny, these stores are great places to find quality fragrances... especially during the holidays...lmao@ snob much

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    Scored a 100ml of séxual for $9.99 bought blind and gave it to my father before opening it. Next time I saw him he smelled GREAT and when I asked what he was wearing he said" the one you got me". Well worth it
    Great Buy, Sexual is actually a pretty solid fragrance.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    I noticed that my TJ Maxx has all their fragrances in a plastic security container. I think that is a good idea so you don't have everyone opening an using the fragrances.

The only downside is that I don't know how they smell (usually I just open the box and sniff. I don't spray).

What is their return policy if I don't like the scent?
    They will take anything back. I have returned colognes to both TJMAXX and Ross. They ask if anything is wrong with it, i just told the girl that it smelled terrible. Full refund. They just put it back out for somebody else to buy.

Picked up a back-up bottle of BANG (1.7) for $15. Not too shabby! Real solid scent, appropriate for any situation.

Dependent

finally Bang is down to true cheapie price range! i'll pick that up too if i see it, why the heck not. which store chuck?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    They will take anything back. I have returned colognes to both TJMAXX and Ross. They ask if anything is wrong with it, i just told the girl that it smelled terrible. Full refund. They just put it back out for somebody else to buy.
    wow i need to do that with all those horrible bottles like kanon and red i picked up!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    I am glad to see this also - gotta keep the animals out somehow.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    finally Bang is down to true cheapie price range! i'll pick that up too if i see it, why the heck not. which store chuck?
    Marshall's, but price ranged all over the place depending on the condition of the box, cap and the size of the bottle. Mine was in an unwrapped box with a very small dent in the cap, so I think that's why it was $15. The 3.4 was still $36, 1.7 was $29 in the plastic.

My g/f picked up a Queen by Queen Latifah (don't laugh, this scent is awesome - a boozier more classy take on Angel) giftset for $15.

Nothing too enticing here on the men's rack. Some Azzaro Pour Homme but that was about it.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Plenty of stuff on the clearance rack at my local tj maxx today. Jaguar (original) and Azzaro PH for $7 each, Perry Ellis 360 for $10, Deauville and Cigar for $5 each. Seemed to be an abundance of new stock in... nothing too exciting but more variety than I had seen in a while. Blind bought a few cheap bottles while there.

Spotted at TJ Maxx: Jeanne Lanvin and Lanvin rumeur 2 La rose. $25. Never smelled them: is any of the two worth a blind buy? Rumeur la rose sounds interesting, but who knows?

Also spotted, Prada Infusion d'Homme 100ml $25. But that can remain there...

cacio

Well lah-tee-daaah! Why are you in this thread again?

I love these kinds of stores and picked up a bottle of Bang the other week from the local Marshall's. I didn't get a tremendous deal on it but I don't care too much, either...It was the set with the aftershave and deo. I'm a pepper whore so it worked for me!

Plenty of various Mugler frags, too. Womanity, Angel, and maybe some other things...Don't remember what. No Alien, though.

Somehow, even with the plastic security boxes on, some had been opened. I have no idea how they got them open, but it sucks to go there and see so much stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Well lah-tee-daaah! Why are you in this thread again?

I love these kinds of stores and picked up a bottle of Bang the other week from the local Marshall's. I didn't get a tremendous deal on it but I don't care too much, either...It was the set with the aftershave and deo. I'm a pepper whore so it worked for me!

Plenty of various Mugler frags, too. Womanity, Angel, and maybe some other things...Don't remember what. No Alien, though.

Somehow, even with the plastic security boxes on, some had been opened. I have no idea how they got them open, but it sucks to go there and see so much stolen.
    Any men's Muglers?
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    Any men's Muglers?
    I want to say that there *may* have been one bottle of regular A*Men. The more I think about it, though, the more unlikely it sounds. I'll have to pop in there tomorrow and see if they've got anything new.

Basenotes Institution

Today at Marshall's I saw:

A Scent by Issey Miyake, Bliss Perfume by Bliss and Lavender, Honeysuckle, Freesia, Bulgarian Rose & Patchouli by Demeter
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Spotted at TJ Maxx: Jeanne Lanvin and Lanvin rumeur 2 La rose. $25. Never smelled them: is any of the two worth a blind buy? Rumeur la rose sounds interesting, but who knows?

Also spotted, Prada Infusion d'Homme 100ml $25. But that can remain there...

cacio
    Wow, I'll have to stop in this week at my local TJ Maxx and check on the Prada infusion d'homme. I love that one and have been wanting to add it to my collection. I haven't seen it discounted anywhere close to that price yet.

I also picked up Bang there a couple of weeks ago for $29. I love pepper, so I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I think I may prefer Burberry's The Beat for pepper though a bit more (something about that resin type base in Bang that's a bit outdated smelling). It's still a good scent though.

I got excited when I thought I saw Infusion d'Homme EDT, but it turned out to be the AS Balm. No thanks.

Since I wasn't interested, I didn't check what the Infusion d'homme was - could have well been the AS.

cacio

definitely gonna check out tjmaxx and marshalls this weekend.

Every now and then a real gem will turn up! Maybe 3 special ones a year.

so i went to marshalls last night just before closing and i all i can say is wow. i bought Versace Blue Jeans, Realities 1.7oz, Sung PH 1.7oz, and a Liz Claiborne Travel set that came with the original Curve, Curve connect, Realities Blue, Soul by Curve (all sprays), curve connect deo and original curve deo. i paid $60.00

I saw the Prada Infusion Homme EDT at my Marshall's. $54.99. Pass.

At my Marshall's today:

Guerlain Imperiale Eau de Cologne for $49.99

CK Obsession 2.5 OZ EDT for men $24.99

Funny I was going to post what I picked up TJ tonight and saw this thread..

Picked up a 2.5 Davidoff Cool Water for $19.00 Never tried or owned this one before, Also grabbed a Perry Ellis 360 Black for $16.00 and they had AZZARO POUR HOMME for $19.00, CK Euphoria for $24.00,

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    At my Marshall's today:

Guerlain Imperiale Eau de Cologne for $49.99

CK Obsession 2.5 OZ EDT for men $24.99
    Never Seen Guerlain at any of my stores... Lucky where your at

Marshalls

Shalimar EDC for $44.99

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I saw the Prada Infusion Homme EDT at my Marshall's. $54.99. Pass.
    ditto. i assume it was 3.4 oz which was at the store in CA i saw it in today. this perfume is $52.99 at fragrancenet after the basenotes 15% off. i also saw versace pour homme 08 at ross 1 oz for $29.99. you can pick up 1.7 oz at fragrancex for just a few dollars more. only cheap stuff at these stores is swill.

At Marshall's (Chicago on Halsted st), gift package of Infusion d'homme (do we see a trend?): 400ml splash (with small decant bottle and funnel) for $100; 100ml + body lotion for $55. Also opium ph $25.

The best however was a $20 50ml badgley mischka + body lotion. Not that I'll wear it, but my 5-star collecting bug took over, and the cream will make a suitable gift for a relative. there was only one, though.

cacio

750 mL of Prada Infusion d'Iris for $100.00
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Quote Originally Posted by koctail View Post
    ditto. i assume it was 3.4 oz which was at the store in CA i saw it in today. this perfume is $52.99 at fragrancenet after the basenotes 15% off. i also saw versace pour homme 08 at ross 1 oz for $29.99. you can pick up 1.7 oz at fragrancex for just a few dollars more. only cheap stuff at these stores is swill.
    interesting, i bought a VPH gift set with a 100ml bottle, after shave and body wash there for $40.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

Went to the Marshalls in Minneapolis and it was mostly CRAP selection. NO gems in the bunch.

Basenotes Institution

I saw Citrus & Wood Cologne by Yardley yesterday. I almost blind bought it ($7.99 for a small bottle - gosh, that's almost as much as I pay for an iced coffee @ Starbucks) but the last Yardley fragrance I blind bought I hated, so I passed on it. Instead I got some Bang shower gel and a Yankee Candle candle.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Azzaro Chrome 50ml at TJ Maxx - $29.99
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I saw Citrus & Wood Cologne by Yardley yesterday. I almost blind bought it ($7.99 for a small bottle - gosh, that's almost as much as I pay for an iced coffee @ Starbucks) but the last Yardley fragrance I blind bought I hated, so I passed on it. Instead I got some Bang shower gel and a Yankee Candle candle.
    Where? And what do people think of this Yardley stuff? How sweet is it?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Where? And what do people think of this Yardley stuff? How sweet is it?
    Marshalls. No idea how it smells, the box was sealed.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Like Mr. Cacio, I saw the amazing 400ml bottle of Prada Infusion d'Homme for around $90. Have to say, I was tempted. Also had YSL Opium pour Homme EdT for $25. This was in a Marshall's that's in the affluent, retail orgy end of town. Lots of amazing stuff in stock. They must be stocking up for the holidays. The Marshall's that's closer to my house is pretty threadbare. If you're shopping stores like this, it pays to go to the one in the mega-retail district.

I saw Bvlgari Aqva Marine Toniq at TJ's for $39.99 today. High-end area near Mall of Georgia.

How does Ross or Marshalls get their fragrance? That's crazy that Bvlgari/HM/Issey Miyake/Nautica are in Ross. Why would anyone shop at department stores for fragrances anymore?

Just bought Sung Homme 1.7 for $9.99. A lifetime supply.

I picked up a bottle of Christian Audigier for $14 and is was a blind but for me and a good one at that..

I like Armani Code but when I saw it at Walgreens I started to wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by Meatwad650 View Post
    I like Armani Code but when I saw it at Walgreens I started to wonder...
    That's crazy! How much was it? /:

I picked up a 1oz of Womanity for 15 dollars today at Marshalls in Woodland Ca. =) yayaa!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    +1

I have bought numerous bottles at these discounters--even scents like the Armani Prive Cuir Amethyste. The general "buying" public only wants sappy aquatics. Yes, mass market buying and what is discontinued don't dictate what I wear or buy.

And happily, I save money in the process.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.