Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Dependent

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

Saw Bvlgari Blv Notte Pour Homme and Pour Femme, Burberry London, Boss Aqua Elements, plenty of Curve and its flankers, boat loads of Perry Ellis, CK IN2U, Guess by Guess, Burberry Sport, and then the usual Drakkar Noir and whatnot

Def wanna check out your local Ross I bought a bottle of Rochas Man 100ml EDT For only 25$ !

Went to Ross on Saturday, and all they had were Grey flannel, ferrari red, chrome legend, z-14, burberry brit, curve, perry ellis, tommy bahama, as well as some calvin klein scents. Nothing as good as 100ml Rochas Man

I know I think I got lucky ! btw they do have kenneth cole black .. which is alright ... I wish I can find burrberry london for cheap there haha... They have almost all the other Burberry ones except london! argh lol

I bought a 3.4oz Prada Infusion D'Iris Femme with Body Wash and Lotion for $60 from Winners for a friend yesterday. You guys have some great things at your discounters in the states.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

With Turkey Day around the corner, I expect to start seeing more fragrances--and hopefully some interesting deals--at the discount stores such as TJM and Marshalls. Are you finding that to be the case?

Quote Originally Posted by karisuma View Post
    With Turkey Day around the corner, I expect to start seeing more fragrances--and hopefully some interesting deals--at the discount stores such as TJM and Marshalls. Are you finding that to be the case?
    Yep. Much better stock in those places lately. Lay down your credit cards now, back away slowly, or somebody might get hurt. . .

I agree. Swung by Marshall's by work and it was packed with goodies, tons of gift sets. A lot of the usual suspects, but they also already had Bulgari Aqua Toniq there. $40 for the 17.ml, so not a great deal, but I was surprised to see it already. TJ Maxx hasn't set up for the holidays yet, it seems, but I did finally pick up the ever present Azzaro pour Homme, on clearance for $16 / 50ml.

Lots of new sets at TJ Maxx, but mostly the same scents. Polo Green is showing up at Maxx and Marshall's. Lots of Prada and BANG sets, diff. Calvin Klein scents abound.

Yeah, the holiday sets are definitely showing up, but outside of the Prada infusion sets not much I haven't seen in there before though. They did have some Demeter sets in, but they were the boring "clean" ones (Baby powder, laundromat, etc...).

Picked up the following last weekend...

ROSS - Nautica Voyage 3.4 $20
    TJ MAXX - Dirty English 3.4 $20
    MARSHALLS - Tommy Hilfiger Original 3.4 $30

I regret not picking up Midnight In Paris that I saw at Ross. I don't live near a Ross store so I guess that one will have to wait.

I also saw the above mentioned perfumes in my local TJ maxx, as the OP posted. Which if any out of the list can be considered for a blind buy.

I just started out so don't want to spend on something i have not smelled and may not like. I like fresh, aquatic as of now, but not really tried anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by colognejunkie2000 View Post
    I regret not picking up Midnight In Paris that I saw at Ross. I don't live near a Ross store so I guess that one will have to wait.
    MiP ? how much did they want for it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    MiP ? how much did they want for it ?
    2.5oz was going for $37.

Dependent

First time I have seen Polo Green at Marshall's was today. They also had the usual surplus of Bang, Burberry The Weekend, True Religion, Calvin Klein Man...

BTW, totally wish my local Marshall's had MiP!

Yep, I've never seen MIP at these stores.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbar1104 View Post
    First time I have seen Polo Green at Marshall's was today. They also had the usual surplus of Bang, Burberry The Weekend, True Religion, Calvin Klein Man...

A few bottled of Opium pour homme showed up at tj maxx this weekend, along with Shalimar, Polo (original green), and Dirty English.

I just got back from Marshalls. They had Polo green, which is a first. But no MiP.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbar1104 View Post

I agree

I hoping to find MiP and that Rochas man 3.4oz

Basenotes Institution

Saw Womanity by Thierry Mugler and the flanker of A Scent (I cannot remember the name but the packaging is pinkish) by Issey Miyake.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Sur la Plage

2.5oz was going for $37.
    So I would assume that is the EDT. It is at various online discounters at a comparable price (FragranceX sells it for ~ $35).
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Saw Womanity by Thierry Mugler and the flanker of A Scent (I cannot remember the name but the packaging is pinkish) by Issey Miyake.
    Also saw Womanity, and several months ago the original A Scent. The other day I also saw Eau de Star.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 22nd November 2011 at 03:26 PM.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

pics or it didn't happen

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Phoenix by that singer guy-More synthetic 1 Million copy.
    Mr Blass-Very watered down powerhouse type scent, would be good if it was 5x more potent.
    Luckily these were open to sample and not buy.

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    pics or it didn't happen
    Sorry but the Ross store that had it is about 6 hours away from me or I'd go back.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    So I would assume that is the EDT. It is at various online discounters at a comparable price (FragranceX sells it for ~ $35).
    Yes it was the EDT and yes I ordered it day before yesterday from fragrancex.com.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Sorry but the Ross store that had it is about 6 hours away from me or I'd go back.
    just rattling your cage bro, don't sweat it.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Midnight in Paris is a nice scent, but not a great one. On me it's very much like Escada Magnetism/Black Code. The Bvlgari Black note does not come out on my skin.

TJ Maxx had these MASSIVE Aramis gift sets today. Huge box of many products. $49.99.

At the Maxx: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme and Pour Femme. The men's was $47, I believe. 2.5 OZ.

Some new stuff hit my local TJ Maxx locations, mostly female scents. Si Lolita, Dolce and Gabbana (original), and Roberto Cavalli Oro, along with lots of Womanity bottles. On the men's side I saw 4711 and more Opium pour homme.

I saw Womanity and Champs-Elysees. Now that you mentioned Opium Pour Homme, Tappio, I have to go look. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    On the men's side I saw more Opium pour homme.
    Do you happen to remember the cost and the size they had?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Do you happen to remember the cost and the size they had?

Hmmm...I believe it was $40 for the 100ml size. I have been seeing it show up and disappear off and on over the last month, and haven't looked too closely at it since I first eyeballed it several weeks back. Next time I'm in TJ Maxx I'll see if they have some and what the cost/size are.

I bought a bottle of Karl Lagerfeld Kapsule Light for $15

I didn't have a chance to sample it. I figured it would be pretty generic, but I went for it anyway. It actually reminds me of a somewhat cleaned up version of Kouros Cologne Sport! It IS very light and I'm sure that most Basenoters would find it boring, but since I find it to be a cleaner, more wearable (for me) take on Cologne Sport (with a little Marc Jacobs Bang thrown in), I'm quite happy with it.

I just picked up a 50ml bottle of the discontinued Calvin Klein Truth at Ross for $20. I'd never sampled it, but knew it got decent reviews for a CK. Plus, I haven't seen this anywhere in a while and I believe it's supposed to have been discontinued for a good time now. Also, I tend to like most green/fresh scents so I figured it was a safe buy.

I've only done a quick sampling, but so far I'm really pleased. On paper it smells a lot like CK's Eternity Aqua, which I love and had been planning to purchase. This will probably end up in my spring & summer rotation and was a cool find.

Just checked out the Opium pour homme, it's 24.99 for the 50ml. Went blind on the last bottle they had on the shelf.

Rochas Man 100ml 20$USD at my local store. It was in the women's section! haha!
    Last edited by lovingthealien; 16th December 2011 at 02:40 AM. Reason: forgot to put how much it was! haha

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    Rochas Man 100ml 20$USD at my local store. It was in the women's section! haha!
    Same here

The other day my Marshals had bottles of Thierry Mugler A*MEN Sunessence for $40 and Midnight in Paris.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I picked up a backup sealed box of Dirty English Edt at Marshall's today for $19.95
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I also saw Rochas Man (50ml for $19.99) at my local TJ Maxx this weekend. They had it in the women's section as well. (maybe someone looked at the bottle and thought it belonged there )

I might buy it, but I've sampled Rochas a couple of times before & really didn't get what all the fuss was about. To me, the coffee talk is way overblown, because I personally get way more of the fresh lavender top than the faint coffee note in the base. (I never really understood why they mixed that weird top with this fragrance. I'd prefer to get straight to the coffee myself.)

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    I also saw Rochas Man (50ml for $19.99) at my local TJ Maxx this weekend. They had it in the women's section as well. (maybe someone looked at the bottle and thought it belonged there
    LOL ya, they do that here cause of its pink box. Works for me, the fragrance noobs won't pick it up, and I will

Went to TJ Maxx, Marshall's, and Ross today to see what they had. Here's what I remember seeing:

Rochas Man 1.7 $20 (In the women's section)
    Marc Jacobs Bang 3.4 gift set $44 (Been wanting this one so I bought it!)
    Dirty English 3.4 $20 (Bought it as a backup bottle)
    Burberry for Men
    Burberry Weekend
    Burberry Sport
    Tommy Bahama
    Tommy Bahama Very Cool
    Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts
    Banana Republic Classic
    Cigar
    Cuba Gold, Red, Blue, Orange gift pack ($10)
    Halston Z-14
    Calvin Klein Euphoria Intense
    Jaguar
    Bvlgari Blv
    Christian Audigier for Men
    Quorum 3.4 ($15)
    Curve and various flankers
    Ed Hardy Born Wild gift set
    Tommy Hilfiger for Men
    Boss Man
    Boss XY
    Perry Ellis Portfolio gift set
    Perry Ellis 360 White
    Versace Pour Homme
    Versace Blue Jeans
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I couldn't believe they had rochas man for $20 at tjmaxx! I bought 2 for gifts. Womanity for $30! And I am king. I wouldn't wear any of these but good gifts!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

I still have never seen any Rochas Man in my TJ Maxx stores around town; pretty much everything else people have mentioned have shown up at one point or another though. Sorta wish I would have went in on a blind buy with Dirty English, but oh well.

Blog Entries

I found Shalimar at TJ Maxx yesterday and I was excited to try it based on the reviews here. Not impressed though.
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

My Ross had Prada Infusion de Vetiver Pour Homme today, 3.4 OZ edt for $49.99. I almost bit.

Penguin and Kapsule Light

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie2000 View Post
    I found Shalimar at TJ Maxx yesterday and I was excited to try it based on the reviews here. Not impressed though.
    They had a tester?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    They had a tester?
    Haha, any box without a padlock on it is a tester. Also proper etiquette at these stores requires that if you dont like something you picked up to look at, you should throw it on the floor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Haha, any box without a padlock on it is a tester. Also proper etiquette at these stores requires that if you dont like something you picked up to look at, you should throw it on the floor.
    LMAO

I know what you mean. I pity the poor 'fume that ends up doing time in Maxx.

People in there see me treating the cellophane with respect, and they have this incredulous look like I'm C3PO or somebody's butler. But it works both ways. I just watch people tear open boxes and frag up their armpits under pretense of sniffing for a buy, and I have to really work to keep from laughing.

What was price on Burberry Sport?

Also, anyone see YSL Rive Gauche at any of these stores lately?

No Rive Gauche here

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Never seen Rive Gauche. I have convinced myself that i used to see M7 there all the time before I knew what the hell it was.

Dependent

My local Marshalls had hundreds of fragrances pre-Christmas; now, I think there's twenty with half being Halston.

Didn't take Penguin long, huh? I have not seen Rive Gauche in a coupla years at the Maxx (then it was the Light version).

I seent me some Bvlgari Aqva Toniq, Guerlain Shalimar Eau De Cologne, and Penguin at Marshall's the other day.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    our Maxx/Marshalls/Ross have been overrun by Russians who use the entire store as their personal playpen
    Amazing! I was at our local Marshall's on Saturday (San Jose) and there were quite a few Russians running about pulling stuff off racks, being very loud and agressive.
    Griff

Shalimar and about three Dunhills. Shoulda grabbed a Dunhill ...