Code of Conduct
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

Quote Originally Posted by Profumo Saggio View Post
    Picked up a 50 ml bottle of Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men for $12.99 at TJ Maxx, I have a few bottles of the vintage stuff I stocked a few years ago when it was discontinued the first time but i had been curious about a comparison. It seems to me that the top notes are obviously a little more prominent with the new bottle and the fragrance as a whole seems to be just a bit lighter and less mossy in the dry down. Overall it is a very good reformulation, something I hadn't really expected. I also picked up a 1 oz bottle of Mustang last week after reading some good things about it. Biggest surprise at TJ Maxx was that they had removed all the Shalimar and Dunhill that had been there. Two weeks previous there were 4 bottles of Shalimar left when I bought mine and they had several bottles of different Dunhill frags. No way they sold them all that fast.
    I have noted things like that too and wonder if eBay seller don't stock up at these places then resell on eBay ?.??

Tj Maxx, North Haven, CT, Versace, the Dreamer, 3.3 oz. $32.99. I picked up a bottle. The juice smells amazingly fresh too which has been a problem for me w older bottles of Dreamer

Also had thefollowing:
    Bang
    Set sail st barts
    Tommy bahama
    Shalimar edc
    Dirty english
    Etc...

Womanity (Gift Set) by Thierry Mugler--I hear this one's pretty Unisex?

Also...

Dirty English
    Au The Rouge (Red Tea) from Bvlgari
    Bang!
    True Religion

Many fragrances by Azzaro, Salvatore Ferragamo, Carolina Herrera, Karl Lagerfeld, Calvin Klein, Versace, Bvlgari, etc. etc.

and of course the many celeb fragrances.

Oh, and Creed Aventus ... Just kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by eMCizzle View Post
    Womanity (Gift Set) by Thierry Mugler--I hear this one's pretty Unisex?

!
    +1 on Womanity! I've seen it at TJ Maxx/Marshall's before and keep meaning to pick up a bottle. I've sampled it many times and love it. I don't really get all the controversy on this one. To me, it simply smells like a salty/oceanic aquatic type fragrance with a heavier/sweeter base. (kind of reminds me of the vibe I get from Bond's Coney Island.) Definitely unisex IMO though.

Tons of Bvlgari stuff @ a Ross in a rather run-of-the-mill section of town. 1.35oz Bvlgari Black for $30. 1oz versions of Aqva for thirty-ish. Bvlgari pour Homme (might have had the Soir version too - can't remember) and Bvlgari Omnia also available. Some old stock Nicole Miller for Men (seems to have a bit of a cult following). Lots of Tommy Bahama and St. Bart's for $14.99. Various Boss offerings (XY, Bottled for ~$30). Tommy Hilfiger for Men. My memory is starting to fail me...

Anyway, I was fairly surprised at all the Bvlgari stuff, especially given the location of this store. But if you're gonna have a bunch of stuff from one house, you could do a heck of a lot worse than Bvlgari.
    Last edited by bleedredandblue; 16th April 2012 at 08:56 PM.

saw some Bvgari White, but no Black today at lunch

A big load of Cartier stuff hit one of my TJ Maxx locations. Roadster Sport, Cartier de Lune, Must de Cartier PH, Eau de Cartier (regular and some sort of limited edition), Declaration and Santos Concentree. Picked up the bottle of Santos Concentree for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    A big load of Cartier stuff hit one of my TJ Maxx locations. Roadster Sport, Cartier de Lune, Must de Cartier PH, Eau de Cartier (regular and some sort of limited edition), Declaration and Santos Concentree. Picked up the bottle of Santos Concentree for myself.
    Yep. My TJ Maxx had Santos Cartier Concentree. But $79.99??!! No freakin' way!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Ha, yeah, the price gave me pause, but it is basically what it is going for on Amazon so I did an impulse buy. All the Cartier stuff seemed pretty pricey by TJ Maxx standards.

Bvlgari Aqua for $30. nothing else really new.

Ha, yeah, the price gave me pause, but it is basically what it is going for on Amazon so I did an impulse buy. All the Cartier stuff seemed pretty pricey by TJ Maxx standards.
    Roadster Sport is very good, BTW.

Anyone ever tried Century 21?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    Wow, a realty company fragrance. That's a new one

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Wow, a realty company fragrance. That's a new one
    Nah, that's the big discount store in NYC. I'll be checking it out in June when I hit the Big Apple with my family.

I saw Uomo by Moschino, 3.4oz for $29.99 at TJ Maxx.
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    Yup. They have Chanel, Dior, and some mainstream discounts... SA's are quite generous if you ask for some samples. Some will voluntarily give you one if you look knowledgeable and interested in fragrances.

Saw Cool Water 4.2 Oz for 40 bucks at Marshalls. I have seen them before, but smaller bottles. I bought Cool Water 2.4 Oz for 40 bucks.
    I want to smell good.

Same Ross as before also had Varvatos Star USA for $30 (1.7 oz), which I actually found quite pleasant. Also more Bvlgari stuff - BLV EdP for $30 (think it was the big bottle too) as well as BLV Notte and Bvlgari PH. Oh, and Versace "The Dreamer", 1.7oz, I think also for $30.
    Last edited by bleedredandblue; 25th April 2012 at 10:53 PM.

Bought Nautica Voyage, Shalimar EdC, and Bang! from Marshall's today. First foray into the frag shelf of this kind of store.

Will hit up TJ Maxx and Ross to see what else I can find on Saturday.

Brooks Brothers NY Gent. At Marshall's. $19.99.

Saw Brooks Brohers NY Gent $19.99 Marshalls also. Roberto Cavelli Men $14.99. Prada Infusion D'Homme Soap didn't have a price at TJMAXX. Penguin red stickered for $14.99. Obsession 2.5 ounce $24.99 at Marshalls. Cool Water 4.2 ounce for $39 at Marshalls. Cartier Declaration 1 ounce $39 Marshalls and 3.3 ounce for $79TJ Maxx. Cartier Declaration Essence for $79 TJ MAxx. Issey Miyake Intense. Versace The Dreamer $34 for 1.7 ounce I think.

I ended buying Dirty English for $16.99.

bought the dreamer today at Ross for $24, along with ck eternity & obsession since they were so cheap

^^ How's the Brooks Brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    ^^ How's the Brooks Brothers?
    Very nice. Deceptively strong clean scent. Think original Lacoste white and green bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by fragnifiscent View Post
    bought the dreamer today at Ross for $24, along with ck eternity & obsession since they were so cheap
    What size was the dreamer from ross?

Tonight bought Just Cavalli Him 60 ml for $15.00 on clearance. Almost bought some Prada Infusion d'Homme bar soap. Might get it if it's still there next time. Nothing much else new, kind of disappointing.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    What size was the dreamer from ross?

Same Ross store as always and more interesting offerings. Must've got a big Burberry shipment, because there were several bottles each of Touch, Weekend, and Brit (I think). All in the smaller version - 1-1.7 oz and all for around $30. Love and Luck also for $25-30.

Was very, very close to pulling the trigger on Cartier Declaration - 1oz for $30, but I've been eying some other frags and need to save the $$$. (On a side, note even the Declaration isn't that good a deal if you're willing to scan eBay.)

Bvlgari Eau Parfumee Au The Rouge - first time I'd seen that, as well as Givenchy's Absolutely Irresistable, which I include only because I was surprised to see some Givenchy make it through.

As usual, a pretty mixed bag, but if you've got the time to drop in and rummage through the shelves, you can find some good stuff.

Cartier ~ both Pasha and Santos. $ 59.99 for 1.6 oz.

I'm beginning to regret not grabbing Michael Kors for Men at $19 the last time I was there. And all of the Halston Z-14 and 1-12 seems to be off the shelves.

Yeah, I'd probably snag Kors is I saw it again. It's been a few years since I last saw MK. The Halstons are plentiful here in Augusta.

I have to laugh that I saw a further discounted bottle of Dirty English at TJ MAXX for $7.99, 3.4 oz by the way, and then I see people trying to sell it on ebay and even on here for $50-$60 bucks. I have never smelled Dirty English, but I'm guessing that if TJ MAXX doesn't think it's worth more than $7.99, then I shouldn't either.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    I have to laugh that I saw a further discounted bottle of Dirty English at TJ MAXX for $7.99, 3.4 oz by the way, and then I see people trying to sell it on ebay and even on here for $50-$60 bucks. I have never smelled Dirty English, but I'm guessing that if TJ MAXX doesn't think it's worth more than $7.99, then I shouldn't either.
    I respect a lot what they were trying to do with DE, a modern, intensely dry cypress. However, the calone was a major misstep in the formula imo.

Brooks Brothers NY Gent. At Marshall's. $19.99.
    Do you like it? I can't find any information on it.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

Dependent

Just bought a bottle of Ungaro Apparition Cobalt at Ross and saw:

Bulgari Black
    Ferragamo Homme
    Perry Ellis Platinum Label
    Fujiyama Homme
    J del Pozo Halloween (women's)
    Rocawear X
    Michel Germain Tattoo

Saw these at local TJ Maxx:

Dunhill 2.5Oz $30 (I think its Dunhill Man but couldn't see 'man' anywhere on the box)
    Dunhill Desire 3.4Oz $30
    Uomo Moschino 4.2Oz $30
    Tommy Bahama, Very Cool, St Sails all 3.4Oz $20 each
    Mustang Blue 1oz $8
    Facconnable 3.3oz $25
    Deauville 3.5oz $13
    Salvatore Pour Homme 3.4oz $15
    Salvatore Gold 3.4oz $15 (not sure if this is for guys or girls?)

Picked up a bottle of Bang for $20. Am liking it very much. Reminds me of a fragrance I was gifted years ago called Santiago. Bang starts out with the same spicyness but it is really toned down compared to the memory I have of Santiago. Was thinking of getting the Salvatore Pour Homme, never smelled it though.
    I do have Uomo and simply love it.

Quote Originally Posted by UKisGR8 View Post
    Do you like it? I can't find any information on it.
    Yes, but it's more of a clean work scent. Good one for good impression situations.

Saw D&G The One today for $44.95 at TJ's. No bargain. Also Eau de Cartier for, get this, $99.99! IT WILL NEVER MOVE at that price! They still have Santos at $79.99, as well!

Picked up 3.4 oz. of dunhill desire for 19.99, 1.7 oz. of Perry Ellis 360 red for 13.99 and 1.7 oz. of perry ellis 360 original for 12.99.
    The Perry Ellis 360 Red smells really good, especially for the price.

Basenotes Institution

I saw Tricorn by Casswell Massey last weekend. The scent and the Body Powder, sold seperately. Cheap too.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by Xerbia View Post
    Picked up 3.4 oz. of dunhill desire for 19.99, 1.7 oz. of Perry Ellis 360 red for 13.99 and 1.7 oz. of perry ellis 360 original for 12.99.
    The Perry Ellis 360 Red smells really good, especially for the price.
    Perry Ellis 360 Red is a great blind buy. (one of the best bargains for its price). I'm not seeing it as often lately either. It, along with Paris Hilton Just Me, are both excellent cheap takes on Acqua Di Gio. I also highly recommend Perry Ellis 360 White too if you like Le Male at all.

Found A*Men Sunessence for $39.99 at TJ Maxx today and did a blind buy. Hoping that it will be a keeper!

There are lots of 3.4 bottles of Nautica Voyage at the two tjmaxx stores in my area. They got pretty decent ones here like chrome and dirty english. Very good prices. And also lots of Drakkar Noir.

Burlington Coat Factory has a 20% off one-use coupon anyone can get by registering at their e-mail site: www.burlingtonsignup.com. They have a lot of fragrances similar to TJ Maxx/Marshalls, but a wider selection and stuff you don't see in the other two. At an additional 20% off, you can get a great deal.

One other plus for Burlington is their boxed fragrances are kept under lock and key so they are not beaten up and opened by customers looking for a sample. The box sets are another matter though... avoid the ones that look re-wrapped with plastic wrap. They are the returns and the customer-opened.

A Burlington fragrance closeout will have a white price tag with a red horizontal line along the bottom. I found Escada Sunset Heat for Men (1.6oz) originally selling for $29.99 first marked down to $19.99, then just $7.00. It's nothing special, but that is a big discount.

TJ Maxx stores just did their quarterly fragrance dump to clearance, which means a lot of stuff sitting around since February has probably been sent to the clearance racks. A bunch of Dunhill, Perry, and Calvin stuff (the latter two in the box sets) will be common there. I noticed Juicy Couture continues to be the most overloaded scent they can't move these days. You will also see a lot of Betsey Johnson, Ellen Tracy, Arden, and True Religion boxsets piled up.

Oddly, I have seen nothing really new show up for Father's Day, which seems a bit strange considering the shopping cart-loads of scents parked by the fragrance aisle for Mother's Day. In fact, the "pour homme" section has been invaded by those overpriced soaps on a rope since January.

Marshalls typically gets the higher-end scents first in western N.Y. (and sometimes exclusively). The Cartier budget-busters are still largely only carried at Marshalls, not TJ Maxx, and they absolutely don't sell because of their $70-100 prices. Nobody is going to risk a blind buy with that much invested, and those who do appreciate Cartier scents don't think to go to either store to secure bottles of them. I predict they'll be in clearance by the end of July. The same thing happens with the Prada scents at the normal sticker price. They sit on the shelf forever.

Hi all,

I purchased the ONE lone NIB bottle of AZZARO PH (3.4 fl oz.) at a Marshalls in RI for (total cost) $32.00 with tax.
    LOVE the fragrance but, on me (The Black Hole of Scent) it pulls a "Houdini" disappearing act in an hours time.

Regards,
    SixCats!

Tons of Curves of every variety, and Boss #1-but the price was still a little high-$40.

Marshalls:
    Nautica Discovery pack 3.4oz with aftershave lotion and shampoo for 30$
    Limited Edition cool water 6.8 oz bottle for 40$ what a deal
    Bulgari Aqua Marine Toniq 3.4 OZ 50$
    Diesel Plus: the red one 15$
    Azzaro Chrome and Chrome Legend different sizes from 20 to 30$
    Escada Magnetism...... For women though
    At Ross:
    D&G The One Sport 30$ for 1oz I think
    Burberry London 1oz for 20$ I think
    Versace The Dreamer 1.7OZ for 25$
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche 1.7oz for 40$
    Bulgari Black for 30$
    Cuba pack!

The Azzaro PH may be the rejuiced version.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Went back for another look today. Saw the ones I had mentioned before plus lots of Curves, Burberrys and Nautica. Some giftsets of Bang as well.

Saw a Cadillac Black giftset for $20, anyone try this? How is it?

Tattoo 3.4oz $10

Picked up Azzaro PH 1.7oz for $15 and Giorgio Beverly Hills 1.8oz $10. Liking them both.

Today I got A*Men Sunessence on Clearance for $29. It was in the Womens' section. I really like it and it's one of the cooler finds I've made at these discounters.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalJester View Post
    At Ross:
    D&G The One Sport 30$ for 1oz I think
    I saw D&G The One Gentleman recently at Ross and thought "That's odd." I don't remember how much it was, but I remember that it wasn't much of a discount at all.

Quote Originally Posted by swix View Post
    I saw D&G The One Gentleman recently at Ross and thought "That's odd." I don't remember how much it was, but I remember that it wasn't much of a discount at all.
    It is odd that all this recent release D&G stuff is already at these stores. Prices are better, but not great.

It is odd that all this recent release D&G stuff is already at these stores. Prices are better, but not great.
    I saw 50ml The One Gentleman at Marshalls today for $47.99. I have never sampled it so I wasn't interested, but that didn't seem like a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by swix View Post
    50 ml of The One and 75 ml of D&G Pour Homme were both $50 at Marshalls. I lol'd.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

At TjMaxx on clearance:

Thierry Mugler A*Men Sunessence $29 don't remember if it was 50ml or bigger.
    Just Cavalli for him
    Womanity
    Some Cartier fragrance for $59

Is Thierry Mugler A*Men Sunessence worth getting at $29? Will go back for another look soon.

$29? Sure. It's a 100 ml, they didn't make this in 50's. If for no other reason than it is a fairly unique summer fragrance, though very odd, and not really in the same vein as A*Men. If you're looking for a toned down version of the original, you won't find it in this bottle.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

Quote Originally Posted by CreedKing View Post
    At TjMaxx on clearance:

Thierry Mugler A*Men Sunessence $29 don't remember if it was 50ml or bigger.
    Just Cavalli for him
    Womanity
    Some Cartier fragrance for $59

Is Thierry Mugler A*Men Sunessence worth getting at $29? Will go back for another look soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    $29? Sure. It's a 100 ml, they didn't make this in 50's. If for no other reason than it is a fairly unique summer fragrance, though very odd, and not really in the same vein as A*Men. If you're looking for a toned down version of the original, you won't find it in this bottle.
    I bought this last week and it is 100 ml. I personally like it a lot. It is pretty much A*Men toned down with citrus top notes that quickly fade away. It's A*Men for the summer.

Went back today and got me a bottle. This is some good stuff. My first Mugler. Well technically my 2nd as I blind bought Pure Malt early in the morning from the mugler website. I am really liking the A*men Sunessence. Damn you two for saying good things about it! Now I have to eat ramen noodles for a week lol Maybe Pure Malt should be blamed more!

Seen these at Marshalls:

Bijan Edt 3.4oz $12
    Dunhill Desire 1.7oz $20
    Dunhill Man 2.5oz $20
    Nautica Voyage 3.4oz $20 (a bunch of those)
    Bijan Black 2.5oz $15
    David Beckham Instinct 2.5oz $15
    Dirty English 3.4oz $20
    Nautica Blue 3.4oz $17

Also saw the usual Curves, Burberrys, Halstons, Tommy Bahamas and such at Tjmaxx.