Code of Conduct
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

Ive been seeing better scents but the desireable ones are not cheap at all. I could find better deals online much of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Erok32 View Post
    Ive been seeing better scents but the desireable ones are not cheap at all. I could find better deals online much of the time.
    Agreed. Anytime I find something that catches my eye, the price is too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitealltrac View Post
    Stopped by the store and it is gone with the wind! I was hoping to snatch it up after reading all of this. Oh well I am sure there will be more to come. I now have high hopes for better scents after seeing someone spotted I love NY.
    It was probably bought by one of the readers here! In our area frugality is the rule at both TJ Maxx and Marshall's. I just don't see expensive things moving, especially above $50.

In our western New York stores, most of the fragrance shoppers are middle-aged women. In the Canandaigua store, guys from the immigrant Latino community are avid shoppers -- many under 30. We also see a lot of Russian/Ukrainian shoppers. The more urban stores offer less than half the variety and quantity of the suburban stores. Marshall's Pittsford is the most upscale of them all. Maxx is less so.

I am going to try my best not to darken the doors of TJ Maxx, Ross, or Marshall's for the next month. God, please give me the strength...I blow way too much money in these places. It's cheap retail therapy and I nickel and dime myself to death.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I am going to try my best not to darken the doors of TJ Maxx, Ross, or Marshall's for the next month. God, please give me the strength...I blow way too much money in these places. It's cheap retail therapy and I nickel and dime myself to death.
    CHUCK!!! I literally told myself the exact same thing yesterday! I started adding up my last 12 months of purchases to see how much money I'd spent. I don't regret spending the money, but I do regret the way I spent some of it. I listed my purchases in order of favorites and realized all of my recent cheapies were at the bottom of the list except for one: Dirty English. And then I realized I'd be happy to trade all of them for one or two bottles I'd be excited about.

As soon as I hit 500 posts here, I plan on starting a swap thread to see what I can trade.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    CHUCK!!! I literally told myself the exact same thing yesterday! I started adding up my last 12 months of purchases to see how much money I'd spent. I don't regret spending the money, but I do regret the way I spent some of it. I listed my purchases in order of favorites and realized all of my recent cheapies were at the bottom of the list except for one: Dirty English. And then I realized I'd be happy to trade all of them for one or two bottles I'd be excited about.

As soon as I hit 500 posts here, I plan on starting a swap thread to see what I can trade.
    Yeah, when I looked at my wardrobe the hard truth was that I NEVER keep scents from these places. Never. Not on purpose, either, so that tells me something. I don't really value them. No keepers out of 30 some bottles. That's sad, and expensive.

Picked up a 50 ml Original Penguin by Munsingwear and TSAR Van Cleef & Arpels 50 ml for 19.99 each at Ross.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by stormscout; 1st September 2012 at 02:07 PM.

Zino for $39.99....picked it up, but not sure if that is really a good price or not....

Surprised to find some DKNY "be delicious". Bought it for my girlfriend since I love it on her. I wish they made a comparable male fragrance that smelled of masculine sweet apples, but I settled for the $24.99 for 40ml. Not too shabby.

Yeah, when I looked at my wardrobe the hard truth was that I NEVER keep scents from these places. Never. Not on purpose, either, so that tells me something. I don't really value them. No keepers out of 30 some bottles. That's sad, and expensive.
    Pretty much the same thing has happened to me; and the last 3 times I went to TJ Maxx, I did not buy anything. I think the choices will be better come Christmastime, as I seem to have held on to the perfumes I bought then.

Just picked up a 1.7 bottle of CK shock for $9.99 at Marshalls, still had the $45.00 sticker on the bottom... Surprised, I hadn't seen it there before...

Today saw the typical crap on the men's side other than Declaration and it was ridiculously overpriced. Still no Rochas Man. The ladies side had both Angel by Thierry Mugler and Flowerbomb.

Marshalls had Angel Sunessence 'Blue Lagoon' edition EDT, $39.99 for 1.7 oz. Also saw original Angel EDP, I think $69.99 for 1.7 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by ingsoc48 View Post
    Just picked up a 1.7 bottle of CK shock for $9.99 at Marshalls, still had the $45.00 sticker on the bottom... Surprised, I hadn't seen it there before...
    I haven't bought anything in months, but I would definitely pick up Shock for ten dollars. That's a great deal.

Prada infusion vetyver -tjmaxx $50
    Sexual sugar daddy -Ross 75ml $16

Picked up DKNY - Be Delicious for $24.99 for my girlfriend. Love that stuff on her.

Stopped in at 2 Tj's yesterday and noticed they both had moved men's frags to a different area of the store. Not as much space and the shelves made the items in the back harder to see so I'm not happy about this change. And there were still some men's stuff in the women's. So apparently this move is aimed at the guy who is too macho to be caught looking for stuff in the "girly" side of the store...

I picked up a new one to me, Kanon Norwegian Wood 3.4 for $7. Not sure what I think of it yet, but for the longevity I am noticing, I might have over paid
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Just spotted Pasha and Santos at Marshalls--never saw those there before!

I am so pleased that I bought NOTHING in these stores this weekend.

My only temptation was CK Contradiction (3.4) but it was $39.99 and I don't even need it!

Picked up a bottle of Nautica Voyage ($20) and MB Individuel ($25)

I am so pleased that I bought NOTHING in these stores this weekend.

My only temptation was CK Contradiction (3.4) but it was $39.99 and I don't even need it!
    AHAHAAHAHAAA!!! BUT YOU COULDN'T STOP LOOKING, COULD YOU? AND, And, and... uhm... yeah. Me too. It's like a sickness! I can't stop looking. I can't resist. I guess I have a silly hope that something awesome will show up.

I actually thought about this discussion here while I browsed Ross today. I managed to keep my promise to not buy anything, though I was tempted by MJ Legend for $13. But really, I don't know if I'd wear it, so I passed.

Obsession Night 2.5 oz for 19.99 at TJM
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Ross:

Jennifer Aniston for $24.99/50ml

Bulgari Au the Rouge for $26.99/50ml

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    AHAHAAHAHAAA!!! BUT YOU COULDN'T STOP LOOKING, COULD YOU? AND, And, and... uhm... yeah. Me too. It's like a sickness! I can't stop looking. I can't resist. I guess I have a silly hope that something awesome will show up.

I actually thought about this discussion here while I browsed Ross today. I managed to keep my promise to not buy anything, though I was tempted by MJ Legend for $13. But really, I don't know if I'd wear it, so I passed.
    I know, it is a sickness. One day at a time, bro. We did well this time!

The stores by me have not had anything worth purchasing lately. Also, I find that with the exception of Set Sail St. Barts and Grey Flannel, I am not wearing any of the scents I have purchased on the cheap. I am thinking I will take a break from my routine visits to TJ Maxx, Marshals, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentfanatic1631 View Post
    The stores by me have not had anything worth purchasing lately. Also, I find that with the exception of Set Sail St. Barts and Grey Flannel, I am not wearing any of the scents I have purchased on the cheap. I am thinking I will take a break from my routine visits to TJ Maxx, Marshals, etc.
    I think that's wisdom. For me at least. I have blown way too much cash on mediocre scents just for the "rush" of buying something new. Then I sell/swap it at a LOSS most of the time. I hope I will at least be much more selective in the future and only buy something special when it pops up. I've got to start valuing my cash more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scentfanatic1631 View Post
    I think that's wisdom. For me at least. I have blown way too much cash on mediocre scents just for the "rush" of buying something new. Then I sell/swap it at a LOSS most of the time. I hope I will at least be much more selective in the future and only buy something special when it pops up. I've got to start valuing my cash more.

Krizia Uomo for 11.99 @ Ross ... smells kinda cool

Yeah, I just have to give it up. Too many bottles that I'm not using.

Just picked up Versace The Dreamer at Marshalls yesterday pretty good steal only bottle they had!

Quote Originally Posted by USAFammo9 View Post
    Just picked up Versace The Dreamer at Marshalls yesterday pretty good steal only bottle they had!
    THIS I can vouch for him. I was THAT close in regaining a piece of my youth..

Best pick up for me was Dirty English by Juicy Couture
    $20 for 3.4oz....i bought 5 bottles of it.....i have a sickness

Picked up a 50ml Dirty English for $12 clearance price at TJ a couple days ago. The men's fragrance selection here has gotten really bad lately. I hadn't been there for almost a month and see no reason to return soon.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Didn't pick anything up but saw these at Marshalls:

Mont Blanc Individuel 1.7oz $30
    Mont Blanc Presence Cool 2.5oz $30
    Mont Blanc Exceptionnel 1.7oz $30
    Cadillac Coupe 3.4oz $15
    Cool Water (Paul Walker on box) 6.7oz $50
    Lapidus ph 3.3oz $20
    Usher VIP 3.4oz $20
    UR Usher Raymond 3.4oz $20
    Chrome Legend 3.4oz $25
    Chrome Sport 3.4oz $30
    Obsession Night for Men 2.5oz $20

Saw these at TJ Maxx last Friday:
    Banana Republic frags, Jade & Malachite in the discount section 1.7 and 3.4 for $20 (weird both sizes marked down to same price)
    Different types of Benetton Colors for $9.99
    Fancy Nights Jessica Simpson 3.4 oz for $14.99
    Tattoo for Women 3.4 oz for $9.99
    Cartier Declaration 3.4 oz for $69.99 (way over priced for TJM)
    Gloria Vanderbilt 3.4 oz for $12.99
    Nautica Sunset Voyage 3.4 oz for $19.99

Never plan to pay more than $20 at TJM, so everything under caught my eye - except for the Declaration.

Azzaro Chrome at Ross for 29.95
    Versace Dreamer 1.7oz at Ross for 29.95
    Versace Pour Homme at Ross for 29.95
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche at Ross for 29.95
    Bvlgari Black at Ross for 39.95
    D&G Pour Homme at TJ Maxx for 39.95

Seen at Marshall's 7/15/12 (Chicago-North Clark St location): One bottle each of Meow, Liz Taylor's Gardenia, Angel and a 75ml Shalimar EDC for $29.99. In addition, were the remnants of a shoplifted Britney Spears, and 200 boxes of Khloe Kardashian/Lamar Odom's "Unbreakable Bond", if ever a name presented itself as a harbinger of marital doom.

I call my visit to Marshall's a swing and a miss.

Just recently...5 posts up to be exact, I said I wouldn't be heading back to TJ Maxx soon. Glad now I didn't listen to myself. Picked up a bottle of Uomo? Moschino for $29.99 yesterday. Not a spectacular price, but also no waiting to get it delivered. Nice blind buy.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by Schilling View Post
    Seen at Marshall's 7/15/12 (Chicago-North Clark St location): One bottle each of Meow, Liz Taylor's Gardenia, Angel and a 75ml Shalimar EDC for $29.99. In addition, were the remnants of a shoplifted Britney Spears, and 200 boxes of Khloe Kardashian/Lamar Odom's "Unbreakable Bond", if ever a name presented itself as a harbinger of marital doom.

I call my visit to Marshall's a swing and a miss.

Well, that's just hilarious! Harbinger of marital doom...

marshalls =
    ysl libre - forgot but was 40 to 50 range
    mugler iceman - 39.99
    play intence - 54.99

Quote Originally Posted by ruoke1 View Post
    marshalls =
    ysl libre - forgot but was 40 to 50 range
    mugler iceman - 39.99
    play intence - 54.99
    I'll check out my Marshall's tomorrow. Those prices are whack. I guess I go more out of boredom than anything.

TJ maxx
    ysl L'homme Libre $37
    Joop 29$ (big bottle)
    Joop Nightfligh $34
    then a whole bunch of celeb scents. I think paris hilton and one of the kardashians
    I cant stop buying help!!!!!!!! Bought 5 bottles this week

Basenotes Institution

OMG I saw this, and I just had to take a photo with my cell phone (giggle)

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I saw HeWood at Marshalls, however it was opened, so I passed.

Saw Midnight In Paris at TJ Maxx. $49.99 4.2 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by stormscout View Post
    Saw Midnight In Paris at TJ Maxx. $49.99 4.2 oz.
    Edt or edp? If it's the edt you can get it cheaper all over the net. Will wait for it to go on closeout maybe.

All these scents are the type that I buy and later regret! Must resist...

- - - Updated - - -

+1 from me. I haven't purchased anything in about 2 years. Once you reach a certain number of bottles (or $$$ spent) you'll be like what the heck am I doing, I just have to use what I have. Its very difficult to deplete bottles once you have around 3 bankers boxes full of frags.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOpera View Post
    I picked up a new one to me, Kanon Norwegian Wood 3.4 for $7. Not sure what I think of it yet, but for the longevity I am noticing, I might have over paid
    I bought Norwegian Wood for the same price at TJ Maxx a few days ago. It was my first-ever blind buy. I kind of like it, it's fine for work or after the gym. Longevity? Nope, you don't get that for $7.

All these scents are the type that I buy and later regret! Must resist...

Yup.

Saw these along with the usual stuff(Dunhills, Tommy Bahama, Chrome etc) at local TjMaxx:

a bunch of Nauticas
    Nautica Voyage 3.4oz $20
    Pure Nautica 3.4oz $17
    Nautica Blue 3.4oz $17
    Nautica Classic 3.4oz $20

Saw 1 bottle of Hugh Parsons Aftershave 3.4oz $15 (something from UK?) Anyone ever try this one or know anything about it?

Quote Originally Posted by CreedKing View Post
    Saw these along with the usual stuff(Dunhills, Tommy Bahama, Chrome etc) at local TjMaxx:

a bunch of Nauticas
    Nautica Voyage 3.4oz $20
    Pure Nautica 3.4oz $17
    Nautica Blue 3.4oz $17
    Nautica Classic 3.4oz $20

Saw 1 bottle of Hugh Parsons Aftershave 3.4oz $15 (something from UK?) Anyone ever try this one or know anything about it?
    Yeah, I see Nautica Voyage their all the time for $20. Not sure which frag the Hugh Parsons ties in with (or if it's a stand-alone scent). I've only laid my nose on Hugh Parson's Traditional (Blue), which I simply don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    Edt or edp? If it's the edt you can get it cheaper all over the net. Will wait for it to go on closeout maybe.
    EDT, I didn't buy it.

I recently bought Dunhill Desire Red at Marshalls. It was red tagged for $20 for the 100ml.

I also picked up CK Shock body spray at TJ Maxx for $9.99. It was $12.99 at Marshalls.

The previous posters have made some good points about the silliness of our purchases at these stores. Yeah they are cheap, but if you don't like, love, or ever wear them then what is the point? I actually have a wish list of my top 10-20 colognes that I know I will love and use, but I keep fooling around with these cheapies because they are well, cheap.

I actually feel better walking out of these stores with new dress socks, belts, shirts or whatever else fits my style and needs. Just my opinion guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stormscout View Post
    EDT, I didn't buy it.
    Yeah, I saw the MiP edt at TJ Maxx too. I didn't buy it either as I thought the $50 was a little ridiculous.

Nothing of interest in my stores. Feels pretty good walking out with nothing, really! I'm being much more selective these days. Could I be maturing at 45? I have such a great collection of around 35 full bottles, so that helps me feel better about having to "restrain" myself. Of course a swap and a purchase are coming in the mail to soothe me.

I bought a bottle of Bulgari Eau Perfumee au the Rouge at TJ Maxx today.

Nothing of interest in my stores. Feels pretty good walking out with nothing, really! I'm being much more selective these days. Could I be maturing at 45? I have such a great collection of around 35 full bottles, so that helps me feel better about having to "restrain" myself. Of course a swap and a purchase are coming in the mail to soothe me.
    Well, with age comes wisdom, and lots of ear and nose hair! In reading your posts, you've always struck me as being a very practical and pragmatic guy, which is probably why you are a ceo.

I do know that I want to have a more balanced fragrance collection. Right now it is too heavily weighted towards the cheapies so I need to acquire some more designer and niche fragrances to balance it out.

I walked through these stores yesterday and I did not see anything of interest. BTW, I use my nose and ear hair trimmer on a weekly basis!

Beautyencounter.com is a good place for discounted designer and niche scents.

Sam Moon is not exactly TJ Maxx or Marshall's but it's similar, and today I bought a 3.3 oz bottle of Voyage d'Hermes for $40! I couldn't pass it up.

Saw a couple bottles of The Dreamer, 3.4 oz for $34.99 at TJ Maxx. Didn't buy because of all the comparisons to LeMale which I do not like.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Saw a lot of Paloma Picasso at Marshall's. And it was half price at Rite Aid too, which makes me believe that it's either being discontinued or reformulated.

cacio