Code of Conduct
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Success is a Job in NYC 1.7oz for 109.99 - tempted but not that tempted

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Success is a Job in NYC 1.7oz for 109.99 - tempted but not that tempted
    Wow. So they're coming our way, huh? Yeah, I'm not that crazy about that one. If it were another, I'd think about it.

I've never been too crazy about Bond No. 9 seems like there are too many varities on the market. They just keep throwing bottles out there wo any reference WTF am i supposed to know what Bryant Park smells like, i mean come on?

Inventory has been dwindling for months around here (SW Florida). Fragrance shelves are practically a ghost town now. Is the age of abundant fragrance clearances over?

Quote Originally Posted by frug View Post
    Inventory has been dwindling for months around here (SW Florida). Fragrance shelves are practically a ghost town now. Is the age of abundant fragrance clearances over?
    There's a TJ Maxx on 41 going south near Bonita Beach road behind the Iguana Mia that has a good selection. I've been to the TJ Max in Cape Coral, Ross and Marshals at Gulf Coast Center and they had very little inventory and what they had was junk.

There are 2 TJ Maxx's and 1 Marshall's within several miles of where I live, and 2 of these 3 stores have a fairly decent selection at any given time. Especially the Maxx in the more upscale suburb.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    There's a TJ Maxx on 41 going south near Bonita Beach road behind the Iguana Mia that has a good selection.
    I'll have a look. The T.J. Maxx and Ross at Coconut Point are pathetic - don't bother - as is the new Marshalls by Edison Mall.

It has been four weeks since a major shipment turned up in western NY TMaxx. They actually have tried to space out what is left to hide the bare shelves. It is almost all Liz Taylor, Sung, Calvin, Arden, Nautica, Claiborne, PS, and a handful of celubutard scents now. No Prada, Gucci, Lolita, YSL, Varvatos, Cartier, and such for a long time now. Even the old standbys like Cavalli are hard to find except in gift sets. Marshall's probably has some of those, but the usual holiday selection was a total bomb and we have to wait another two or three weeks before the Valentine stuff shows up (mostly feminine stuff.)

Taking a trip to Marshalls today to see what they have.

I spent yesterday going around to the local stores. I found nothing new and almost empty shelves. At Kohls they had run out of smelling strips and had not bothered to replace them. For that matter, it doesn't appear that they have cleaned their fragrance area any time recently.

Quote Originally Posted by frug View Post
    That may be. The market may have finally corrected itself. But...there will always be "flops" that they have to get rid of!I'm thinking of scents like CK One Shock. On the other hand, Bond are showing up. Who knows?

My observances today:
    TJ Maxx: Nothing apart from a few lonely fragrances. Womens area appeared more well stocked but I didn't see what they had.
    Marshalls: I think they had the entire Curve lineup. Lots of stuff from my previous visit was gone. Only things I saw of remote interest were I-12 and Z-14.
    Nordstrom Rack: Even this was pretty sad. A few Burberry, some Givenchy for Men, a lonely can of Le Male. Just sad.

Marshalls - Santos Cartier
    Si Lolita Lempicka
    ck one Shock gift set - I bought it
    lots o' Bieber , Escada , Adidas
    TJMaxx - 2 Eau de Cartier Essence de Bois - bought one
    Cartier Baiser Vole edt - bought it
    Cartier Eau de Lune
    I smell marshmallows!

CologneFan85

ROSS in Hollywood on Hollywood Blvd and Western. Polo Blue ,Polo Black, Versace Poure Homme, Azzaro Chrome, Gucci by Gucci, Burburry Touch, Burburry London, Burburry Brit, Gevinchy Play Intense , And pretty much all the Hugo BOsses. This location is always stocked. And always have YSL for woman too.

Don't forget Walgreens! I picked up a 2.5 oz Curve Crush gift set for $10. Walmart had the 2.5 oz Cool Water gift sets for $15. I also picked up a 2.5 oz Joop! gift set for $15 and an original Curve 2.5 oz gift set for $10.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Went to a smaller TJ today and the selection was pretty sparse. I haven't been hooked on TJ's and the like here for a full year yet, but I would assume a small selection around this year is normal. I know when I return to work tomorrow I will probably have pages of RTV's (return to vendor) where we send back our fragrances that have sat on the shelf for too long or are in holiday packaging. We have 2 big RTV's every year, one after Christmas and one in the summer so I would imagine the discounters get most of their stock from the vendors at those times. Can anyone say for sure whether or not a low stock at this time is normal for the discounters?
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

I was at the local TJ Maxx last week and spotted a Midnight in Paris gift set for $49.99. If it's there when I go back I might just pick it up. The regular men's shelf was picked pretty clean after the holidays with nothing at all worth noting.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

I never post, but I came on here trying to find info on Narcisco Rodriguez for him Parfum Intense, I saw many people were going back & forth about if it's actually out or not........Anyways, I found a gift set at TJ max for $40....

Went to Tj Maxx and Gordmans today....New ROSS still isnt open. Seems like Building has been done for a month, and its empty, you can see inside..anyways...Didn't Find Anything for me today. Got a 1.7 of Cool Water Woman for the wife for $20 clearance at tj maxx. Best deal of day goes to Gordmans. They had 3 bottles of Hanae Mori No. 1 3.4 oz on clearance for $8 usd!!!! I bought all three as it is my wifes fav. frag. They also had bottles of No. 2 & no. 3. No. 2 was $8 like No. 1. No.3 tho was not clearanced as much at $14. which is still cheap! I think I will go back tomorrow and get one, as I had never smelled it before and sprayed some on box to get a whiff and was very impressed, seemed complex. Bottles were marked $16 and they had a 50% off Clearance event today! Oh yeah pics to prove it really happened right? lol

- - - Updated - - -

Also wanted to add that I was told at my TJ Maxx that they are so bare stocked is because they were doing inventory and had not been getting anytrucks since Xmas. This exlpains why there are 4 items on the mens frag shelfs. They did also have Azzaro Pour Homme 3.4 oz for $20 on clearance. Lord I hope they get some new stock soon!

TJ Maxx in Boston had Penhaligon's LP no. 9, 50 ml for $29.99.

Sung for 7 bucks at Marshall's
    Midnight in Paris gift set - did not buy cos it was leaking
    Tj max Fujiyama 100 ml 9 bucks

Guys i actually bought a bottle of PenhLigon's, Lp No. 9, 50 ml yesterday at TJ MAXX for $29.99. I was in shock and awe and though it must be a moisturizer or something but nope its a real bottle. I still have my receipt if anyone has any doubt bc it was a one in a million find. Really made my day. I hope u guys can grab some at ur stores too!

TJ Maxx State Stret downtown Chicago had Cartier Pasha and Santos.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    TJ Maxx State Stret downtown Chicago had Cartier Pasha and Santos.
    Do you remember how much the Pasha was???

See my previous post: i found LP No. 9 for Men in East Haven, CT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Scentapede" View Post
    Guys i actually bought a bottle of PenhLigon's, Lp No. 9, 50 ml yesterday at TJ MAXX for $29.99. I was in shock and awe and though it must be a moisturizer or something but nope its a real bottle. I still have my receipt if anyone has any doubt bc it was a one in a million find. Really made my day. I hope u guys can grab some at ur stores too!
    Wow, great find! 50ml of LP 9 for Men costs $80 without tax in NYC (Saks Fifth).

Quote Originally Posted by scentnoobie View Post
    Do you remember how much the Pasha was???
    I can't remember but I believe it was $69.99...maybe $59.99. Cheaper than retail but not cheaper than online. They had a bunch of them though.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

More Penhaligon's fragrances at TJ Maxx in Boston today... LP no. 9 for women, along with violet and lily of the valley EDTs. All prices were $29.99 for 50 ml.

I'm glad I checked this thread. I just Picked up LP No. 9 on my lunch break from TJ Maxx. Also, last time I was at Marshalls I was surprised to find Bond No. 9 Nuits de Noho.

the 2 tj max stores near me in NJ have been wiped out during the christmas rush as well...i did see a large bottle of santos for like $80 bucks there though a month ago
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

I too found a selection of Penhaligon's scents at TJ Maxx. Don't sleep on your local supermarkets for discounts either, my local Smith's (Kroger) store had a lot of holiday fragrance sets on clearance, and I picked up a Drakkar Noir set for 11 dollars.

IT seems like Tj Maxx doesnt mark down the Cartier stuff like they do some of the others, I wonder what their theories on pricing all this stuff is. Sometimes to me it seems humorous.

i think tjmax pricing is based off how long something sits on the shelf...there is this one backpack there that is damaged and has a hole on it...it was there in august and was there tonight still..in august it was on discount for $30,,,,,tonight it was $10 and no one has bought it(its not the type of material you can sew though..made of that ripstop nylon parachute material
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Michael Jordan Legend gift sets at Gordmans, Overland Park, KS . . . 3.4 Cologne Spray + 3.4 After Shave Balm + 3.4 Hair & Body Wash for $19.99 . . . several available.

Mandarina Duck Pure Black

Nothing good at my stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Mandarina Duck Pure Black
    Yeah i heard its 16.99? I havent seen it in any marshals in.san jose thus far though.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Nothing good at my stores.
    Same here... but I did score an awesome pair of dressy Levis 501's for $8.75 today, so all was not lost. Fragrance wise, the only noteworthy thing I saw was the MJ Legend. I'm tempted, but really, I'd rather wait to see if Rochas Man shows up.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Same here... but I did score an awesome pair of dressy Levis 501's for $8.75 today, so all was not lost. Fragrance wise, the only noteworthy thing I saw was the MJ Legend. I'm tempted, but really, I'd rather wait to see if Rochas Man shows up.
    Rochas Man is about $21 online.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Marshalls - not much inventory...but did snag a 4oz Midnight in Paris for 40 bucks.
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

Some stuff I spotted at two Winners stores in my area.

Creed Royal Water 4oz- 149.99
    Creed Love in Black 4 oz- 149.9
    Creed Love in White 4 oz- 149.99
    Cartier Roadster Sport (many of them) 1.7 0z- 49.99 (Also had the gift set) for $10 more
    Burberry London- 1.7 oz- 39.99
    Guerlain Homme gift set- 59.99
    Lacoste essential 3.4 oz- 49.99
    Lacoste essential sport 3.4 oz- 49.99
    Givenchy pour homme blue label 2.4 oz- 59.99
    Bvlgari Black 3.4 oz- 49.99
    Gucci Guilty 1.7- 49.99
    Gucci Guilty Intense 1.7 oz- 49.99

There were many more, theres been an abundance of fragrances at discounters lately, although it's slowed down after Christmas. There were many more that I am forgetting, but those were some of the ones that stood out.

CologneFan85

Ck Euphoria, Boss bottle, Beckhams and Gucci are at most Rosses in LA "Hollywood" stores.

Nice selection. Sucky prices.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post
    Some stuff I spotted at two Winners stores in my area.

Creed Royal Water 4oz- 149.99
    Creed Love in Black 4 oz- 149.9
    Creed Love in White 4 oz- 149.99
    Cartier Roadster Sport (many of them) 1.7 0z- 49.99 (Also had the gift set) for $10 more
    Burberry London- 1.7 oz- 39.99
    Guerlain Homme gift set- 59.99
    Lacoste essential 3.4 oz- 49.99
    Lacoste essential sport 3.4 oz- 49.99
    Givenchy pour homme blue label 2.4 oz- 59.99
    Bvlgari Black 3.4 oz- 49.99
    Gucci Guilty 1.7- 49.99
    Gucci Guilty Intense 1.7 oz- 49.99

There were many more, theres been an abundance of fragrances at discounters lately, although it's slowed down after Christmas. There were many more that I am forgetting, but those were some of the ones that stood out.

Stopped by Tj maxx -still nothing since xmas.
    Gordman's: Found a 3.4 of quorum on clearance for $5 usd. Nice!! Also a sample mini bottle of CK Secret Obsession for the wife for. $2.50

When will they stock up again?

Went in to a local Marshall's on Long Island to look for a new messenger bag, for work. While I didn't see anything that impressed me I did see cologne gift sets in the mens fragrance area.

So I picked up a Moschino Uomo? gift set, with 2.5 oz. EDT, after shave and body wash for $29.99.

[There was also a Versace The Dreamer set for a similar price, but I had to let that go after a couple of Jersey Shore-ish guys walked over, spotted the Versace and one said to the other: 'Hey dude, remember when we used to bombard ourselves with this stuff? (chortle, chortle)'. I'll avoid anything that makes me smell anything like 'the Situation', thanks.]

Anyway, as a blind buy, I've tested Uomo? and not crazy about it. After the initial lemon blast, it leans a bit too much on the feminine floral side for my tastes. Reviews describe it as an Italian style citrus, and I don't get that at all. It's a powdery lemon scent, with flowers, on my arm.

Still looking for a good masculine citrus, along the lines of the vintage Armani EPH, because Uomo? is likely going back to the store.

Just grabbed a 4.2oz bottle of Lagerfeld Photo on clearance at TJ Maxx for $12. They had some others as well, but I had Photo back in the 90's and really liked it.

Midnight in paris is on clearance at my tj maxx, i stare at it everytime. At $39 still isn't worth it to me, like a $4 discount from the fragrancenet price.

The prices are not good. Creed Royal Water is available from fragrancex.com, with the basenotes code, for $132 and some change.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by charger View Post
    Just grabbed a 4.2oz bottle of Lagerfeld Photo on clearance at TJ Maxx for $12. They had some others as well, but I had Photo back in the 90's and really liked it.
    How do you find the reformulation compares. I've only tried the vintage and really, really like it.

Dependent

double post
    Last edited by MonkeyBars; 21st February 2013 at 02:02 AM.

Today at the Perfumania store: Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien, marked down to 29.99, then another 50% off if you bought another sale item. So 50 ml for 14.99. Couldn't help but reach for the wallet!

At BonTon Stores clearance
    Latest Ed Hardy set mens or womens (skull black skull white bottle) = $29.99
    Lady Gaga set $29.99
    Taylor Swift Wonderstruck or Enchanted $29.99
    Rocaware 9IX dark bottle or silver $12.00
    Nautica Discovery or Voyage $12.00
    Ed Hardy Villian set $29.99
    Some other ones but these are the ones I can only remember. Most if not all were the larger sizes.

At BonTon Stores clearance
    Latest Ed Hardy set mens or womens (skull black skull white bottle) = $29.99
    Lady Gaga set $29.99
    Taylor Swift Wonderstruck or Enchanted $29.99
    Rocaware 9IX dark bottle or silver $12.00
    Nautica Discovery or Voyage $12.00
    Ed Hardy Villian set $29.99
    Some other ones but these are the ones I can only remember. Most if not all were the larger sizes.

I gave in and bought a 1 OZ bottle of Bvlgari Man for $24.99 at Ross.

I was in such turmoil a few days ago when I saw almost all the Cartier fragrances for men on red ticket discount at TJ's.. Turmoil because I didn't have the money to buy Pasha Santos and Declaration (I think) for $49.99 each for the large bottle.
    I had some great numbers for a Super Bowl pool (7-3 for those who know what I'm talking about) and was sure I was going to win at least one quarter for $250.. but alas was not to be Now I guess I need to buy some scratch off tickets!! yes Yes! that's what I'll do lol
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

The sad thing is that I saw Gucci Envy Por Homme at TJ Maxx in 2011 for relatively cheap and hadn't ever tried it yet. I thought that I wouldn't like it, so I passed. Little did I know that it would be discontinued and that I would actually really enjoy it. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20.

Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post
    The sad thing is that I saw Gucci Envy Por Homme at TJ Maxx in 2011 for relatively cheap and hadn't ever tried it yet. I thought that I wouldn't like it, so I passed. Little did I know that it would be discontinued and that I would actually really enjoy it. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20.

About 2 years ago I saw Gucci pH II at Marshall's the 3.3 oz bottle for 24.99. I deeply regret not buying it. sillage sucked on me when I tried it at Sephora prior. But at that price, it's a steal.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

I spotted the Dreamer 100ml for $34.99. I thought about buying it but passed. Never tried it.

I saw a Nautica Voyage for $15 I think and I've seen Midnight in Paris gift set for $30, Dreamer for $30. Are any of these worth the purchase as I would be blind buying any of the 3 mentioned