Code of Conduct
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,080 of 1367
    Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

Mont Blanc Legend and Individuel spotted/bought at Ross today. Enjoying both of them. Individuel is especially great, however.

Post Thanks / Like

Found a bunch of Creeds at my local Winners (Toronto Sheppard & Yonge if anyone is near), including Aventus, GIT, Millesime Imperial and some others.

Winners-Aventus1.jpgWinners-Aventus2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Haha Gamma I'm in that Winners frequently scoping out the scents. Unfortunately the prices are always way too high and the selection poor (for my tastes). Perhaps the Creeds are well priced relatively speaking, but more than I want to pay anyways. I doubt I'll be in much more though. We don't seem to have the great prices in Canada like the USA does

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rybot View Post
    Haha Gamma I'm in that Winners frequently scoping out the scents. Unfortunately the prices are always way too high and the selection poor (for my tastes). Perhaps the Creeds are well priced relatively speaking, but more than I want to pay anyways. I doubt I'll be in much more though. We don't seem to have the great prices in Canada like the USA does
    Yeah I agree, I have not yet found anything worth purchasing there. The creed pricing is acceptable, but I think it's still a little cheaper ordering from Fragrancenet or similar sites.

Dolce and Gabanna The One 1.7oz for $39.99 (bought it)
    Versace Pour Homme 1.7 oz $39.99

I coulda sworn those are still pretty good sellers in the department stores so it's kind of wierd seeing them at discounters.

Azzaro Chrome for 19.99
    Burberry Brit
    Versace The Dreamer

Bought Azzaro chrome

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they have been their for over a year now as far as ross is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by romeocasido View Post
    Dolce and Gabanna The One 1.7oz for $39.99 (bought it)
    Versace Pour Homme 1.7 oz $39.99

I coulda sworn those are still pretty good sellers in the department stores so it's kind of wierd seeing them at discounters.
    Retail stores rotate stock rather frequently so outside of true top sellers, stuff works its way out on occasion. Anyways I splurged for a 50ml of Montblanc individuel for $27 a few days ago.

John Varvatos Artisan Black 3.4oz... didn't catch the price tag but i'm sure it was cheap.

I waited long enough for this one to get discounted yet again and I got Santos de Cartier for $29.00 Haven't tried it yet, but I'm hoping the longevity isn't as bad as everyone says it is. But for this price, I won't feel too bad.
    Anybody crack the codes on Cartier's? My code is 1GAB.
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Saw these at Ross today. Which do you think is a better deal?
    Ed Hardy Love & Luck for $25 or Ed Hardy Villain for $15?

I noticed Villain too, as well as Fan di Fendi.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I noticed Villain too, as well as Fan di Fendi.
    Fan di Fendi Pour Homme? Now that was fast!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Fan di Fendi Pour Homme? Now that was fast!
    My thoughts exactly. I only saw one box though. Fan di Fendi has the ugliest tackiest cheapest looking bottle I've ever seen. In person, it's so bad that it manages to make the 1 Million bottle look classy.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Post Thanks / Like

the 2 tj maxx stores in south jersey have been bare bones in the mens fragrance section recently..hopefully the recent warm weather will empty the aquatic fragrances from the shelf so they will get in new stock of some hidden gems
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently saw Rocky Mountain Wood 50ml for $19.99.

Post Thanks / Like

Some new stuff at various Winners in Edmonton:

- Terre d'Hermes 3.4, $99 (went back to purchase, and was gone)
    - Creed's MI 1.0, $99
    - Burberry London 1.7, $39
    - Dior Homme 1.7, $49

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Terre d'Hermes for $99 is such a good deal.

I got one last week, then returned it immediately as I found out The Bay sells it for $108.

The extra ten bucks makes it worth for me as they always throw in so much samples.

Post Thanks / Like

1oz. Bottles of Legend (MontBlanc) for 34.99, which didn't seem like much of a deal at all.

And 1.7 oz bottles of The Dreamer for 24.99. I picked one up, not because it seemed like a steal but more because I've always kind of wanted a bottle of The Dreamer and I figured, why not?

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a 1.3 OZ Ferragamo Attimo for $13.99 at Ross last night.

TM's A*Men 100 ml refillable for $59.99. They also had 50ml for $44.99
    amen.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by romeocasido View Post
    TM's A*Men 100 ml refillable for $59.99. They also had 50ml for $44.99
    amen.jpg
    Terrible price.

Over here, lots of Madonna Truth or Dare floating around for $15-$25.

Post Thanks / Like

I know I stated that I had never found great deals here in Canada, but turns out I was wrong! Found a 50 mL of Kokorico for $9.99 at a Winners. Inexplicably the tin beside it was identical and priced for $39.99 I snapped it up and despite the lukewarm reviews very much enjoy it!

Picked up an old favorite at marshalls...3.4 bottle of Paul Sebastian Design for cheeeeeeap!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

TJMAXX:
    Azzaro Chrome Summer (not the newest version)$30 for 3.4 ounce
    Issey Miyake L'Eau bleue $35
    Versace Dreamer $24.95 before mark downClearance section with no price 1 ounce

Ross:
    $19 for a mini set of Ed Hardy frags. Love and Luck, Born Wild, Hearts and Daggers, and Villain. They all are 1/4 ounce spray bottles.

I know there isn't much love for these fragrances (except Love and Luck) but this is the best find I have had so far. They all do smell synthetic BUT all smell really good with average longevity.

CK One Shock 1.7 oz for $19.99 at TJ Maxx. Not sure if I should pull the trigger...

Post Thanks / Like

Found and bought Encre Noire....the Candle! $16.99. Not great sillage, just like the frag.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Various Creeds for $200 in Winners and it goes for $300+ in Holt Renfrew.

Seems good, I think... not sure if I want to jump on the Aventus hype crowd though.

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    CK One Shock 1.7 oz for $19.99 at TJ Maxx. Not sure if I should pull the trigger...
    The 6.7oz bottle can be found for $29.99 and the 3.4oz is $24.99, so keep that in mind

I bought the 3.4oz of Michael Jordan Legend for $12 instead.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a great deal on a Cool Water 3.4oz a few weeks back at TJ Maxx... couldn't find a price so I asked an associate and she looked at it and then looked around the fragrance section. She then looked at a cologne of a similar size and shape (some Cadillac cologne), and said probably just the same price as this... which was $12.99. So of course I said okay and she made a new price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    I bought the 3.4oz of Michael Jordan Legend for $12 instead.
    Not bad Keep your eye out for the bigger bottles of Shock, it's a very nice fragrance especially for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by thehollowaytape View Post
    I got a great deal on a Cool Water 3.4oz a few weeks back at TJ Maxx... couldn't find a price so I asked an associate and she looked at it and then looked around the fragrance section. She then looked at a cologne of a similar size and shape (some Cadillac cologne), and said probably just the same price as this... which was $12.99. So of course I said okay and she made a new price tag.
    I love stories like this, Haven't had it happen to me yet, but I keep hoping

Picked up a bottle of rocconbarro extraordinary 3.4 oz. For 16.99 at Ross. Also scooped up Escade sentiment pour homme from tj maxx for 15 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw creed MI, bond NY, a kenzo coffret including jungle elephant , bulgari black, some l'artisan products, at winners in Canada today.

$20 for 1.7 oz Perry Ellis 360 red at Marshall's. nothing special since you can get a gift set for the same price on Overstock.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vargagirl View Post
    Saw creed MI, bond NY, a kenzo coffret including jungle elephant , bulgari black, some l'artisan products, at winners in Canada today.
    Good thing we don't have Winners stores in my town. I'd be broke.

Post Thanks / Like

just picked up zirh warrior collection bodywashes today at tj maxx for $4 each...i bought 3..usually they cost around $20 each

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lanky View Post
    just picked up zirh warrior collection bodywashes today at tj maxx for $4 each...i bought 3..usually they cost around $20 each
    Yeah, those are good.

Post Thanks / Like

^^ picked up some Zirh facial stuff. Maybe we will see Cordouroy(sp?) eventually

Post Thanks / Like

i saw corduoroy a year ago or so for like $20...i think i have a sample in my drawer from when i used to purchase the zirh body bars all the time direcltly from the website...probably 20 sample vials at one time...from what i remember it was very round smelling and slightly sweet...i might be able to do a review if i can find the sample..the sample is probably 7 years old by now

- - - Updated - - -

i did not care for the IKON fragrance from what i remember..i bought a bodywash at one point and it was very cloying...yes the facial products vere a big seller for them...seemed like zirh was a trailblazer in the "metrosexual" movement of mens grooming products....my favorite product by them was the body bar...best quality bar of soap i ever had...i think they did a undocumented reformulation somewhere right before a major overhaul of the company a few years back..because some of the bars i purchased from amazon recently smelled and lathered different

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see someone more knowledgable than me come up with the top 5 men's and women's frags that are commonly available at these discount stores.

Quote Originally Posted by lanky View Post
    i saw corduoroy a year ago or so for like $20...i think i have a sample in my drawer from when i used to purchase the zirh body bars all the time direcltly from the website...probably 20 sample vials at one time...from what i remember it was very round smelling and slightly sweet...i might be able to do a review if i can find the sample..the sample is probably 7 years old by now

- - - Updated - - -

i did not care for the IKON fragrance from what i remember..i bought a bodywash at one point and it was very cloying...yes the facial products vere a big seller for them...seemed like zirh was a trailblazer in the "metrosexual" movement of mens grooming products....my favorite product by them was the body bar...best quality bar of soap i ever had...i think they did a undocumented reformulation somewhere right before a major overhaul of the company a few years back..because some of the bars i purchased from amazon recently smelled and lathered different
    Zihr had a good product placement in an episode of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" as I recall.

Post Thanks / Like

So much in my Winners and Marshalls:

Creed GIT 4 oz $199.99
    Creed MI 1 oz $99.99
    Various other 4 0z Creeds for $149.99
    Bonds for $149.99 (mostly I <3 NY for all, waiting for this to get discounted)
    Dior Homme 1.7 oz $49.99
    Three L'artisan 1.7 oz $49.99 (I know these are great prices but they I haven't tried those ones and the ones I wanted weren't up)
    L'artisan body wash $16
    A*men 1.7 oz $49.99
    Terre D'Hermes 1.7 oz $49.99

So many other things I can't remember.

50 ml Bond No. 9 Bryant Park at Marshall's Del Amo Mall for $99, which is not a particularly good deal.

I believe the discounters are selling many of the more desirable fragrances at a higher markup (near retail pricing) simply because the upper end of the market is growing, whereas the cheap, discount end of things remain flat. In short, if you can't afford Bond No. 9 at slightly reduced price, you probably aren't in the mood to spend anyway.

I went to a TJ's yesterday and saw some different stuff. Seems like they got some different stock in, most notably was this one that has some fans in the community including me. I have a .5oz bottle and was very tempted to get this one, but I held off... for now

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visited our local Marshall's and saw A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler for $45 and LP No. 9 for Men by Penhaligon's for $20 (looks like it was used recklessly based on the condition of the box).

Post Thanks / Like

My Marshall's had Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir 1.7 OZ for $34.99. I passed.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    My Marshall's had Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir 1.7 OZ for $34.99. I passed.
    Saw that too along with The one Gentleman. I probably would have purchased the Bvlgari if it was $19.99

I got that new Beckham bc i like one of them, Intimately Beckham. However, the new Beckham is TERRIBLE IMHO so i bought it and then returned it.

Post Thanks / Like

Plenty of Annick Goutal, Lalique pour Homme, Declaration, CK Shock (sucks though), Versace pour Homme (meh), several Pradas (nice but nothing exciting, the one I tried), Mont Blanc, Bulgari The Rouge, a few more that I knew but can't recall them all.

Best selection I've ever seen at TK Maxx (didn't look too often though).
    Last edited by Rüssel; 31st October 2013 at 09:33 AM.

Basenotes Junkie The Colognnoisseur's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I spotted and bought L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Intense 125ml for $49.99 at TJ Maxx/Marshalls.

- - - Updated - - -

I spotted and bought Swiss Army in the 100ml Swiss Army Knife styled bottle on clearance for $26.00 plus a 20% off coupon getting the total under $21 before tax at Gordman's.
    Last edited by The Colognnoisseur; 4th November 2013 at 04:39 AM.
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

Lots of stuff at Marshalls...

Bought:
    Mandarina Duck Black 1.7oz $9.99 (I blind-bought 3 bottles based on reviews/price)
    Original Penguin 3.4oz $19.99 (I think this was a pricing error as it had no tag and they just made up that price at the register)

Considered, but passed:
    Spicebomb 1.7oz $49.99
    D&G PH UK 4.2oz $49.99
    D&G PH Germany 1.3oz $34.99
    Lanvin Avant Garde 1.0oz $19.99

WTF:
    Just Homme Sport 3.4oz $29.99 (boxed looked exactly like Dior Homme Sport, except wider)
    Real Madrid (???)
    Billionaire Boyfriend (???)
    Black is Back Sport (???)

And probably some other things that I don't remember, but they were fully stocked up.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a pretty sick deal on the Mandarina Duck Pure Black. ^^
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Bought:
    Mandarina Duck Black 1.7oz $9.99 (I blind-bought 3 bottles based on reviews/price)
    Dang. Nicely done!! I think it's a fine scent...hope you like it.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Lanvin Avant Garde 1.0oz $19.99
    Didn't even realize that this came in a 1oz. size. Interesting.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Post Thanks / Like

Marshalls -- D&G Pour Homme Light Blue Living Stromboli - 2.5 oz for $45.

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up today at Marshall's in Center City Philly:

Marc Ecko 3.4 oz. - (red tag, clearance $15)
    Tommy Bahama Men - 3.4 oz. - $19.95

I noticed they had Grey Flannel for about $7.95 ... didn't know they still made that awful stuff.

Basenotes Junkie The Colognnoisseur's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Spotted and bought at Marshalls:
    Spicebomb $49.99 for 50ml bottle
    Mercedes-Benz For Men EDT $39.99 for 75ml bottle
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

The TJ Maxx stores around here must suck, they always fail me...I find nothing. Nothing!
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

^ I find that marshalls is better then TJ maxx myself. Just was there recently they must have had some big shipment come in cuz they had just a absurd amount of stuff. Was pretty hard to resist buying a bunch of cheapies but somehow I made it through.