Code of Conduct
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,200 of 1743
  1. #1141

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    nd.3747.jpg

    Spotted and bought a 50ml backup bottle of 1M at Marshalls for $46.99.

    Regards,

    TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

  2. #1142

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    I've been checking Ross, Marshall's and T.J. Maxx the past few weeks in anticipation of a larger offering for Christmas. I've seen very little addition to their usual inventory. Hardly any gift sets to speak of. Very, very disappointing year for frags at these stores (at least for me.)

  3. #1143

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    I went to a Ross Dress for Less or w/e today; the store is close by where I dropped off a package to be shipped via UPS. I went looking around, came across a frag, then not long after I went to go check out, but noticed another area with fragrances, and came across another frag of the same house. Was maybe the only ones there that I noticed:



    $24.99 each + tax; grand total of $54.10.
    (Formerly Jouho)

  4. #1144

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    so weird, the 3.3 OZ Azzaro l'eau, Azzaro and Nighttime all are $19,99 here (Gulfport MS) - and I thought Ross and TJ all had the same prices across all stores outside clearance?

  5. #1145

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    so weird, the 3.3 OZ Azzaro l'eau, Azzaro and Nighttime all are $19,99 here (Gulfport MS) - and I thought Ross and TJ all had the same prices across all stores outside clearance?
    TJ Maxx and Marshalls generally have the same prices since they are under one parent company, but Ross is separate. Prices are still usually within $5 though...

  6. #1146

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Ross tends to have lower prices for some reason on many fragrances, but I notice Ross to get less of one particular item than Marshall's or Maxx.
    My Current Top 10:

    Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

  7. #1147
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    84,228

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Ross tends to have lower prices for some reason on many fragrances, but I notice Ross to get less of one particular item than Marshall's or Maxx.
    I have noticed this also.
    (1715)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  8. #1148

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Today I purchased Nautica Classic 1.7 oz for 10.99 (They also had the 3.4 oz for 16.99) & DKNY Be Delicious 1.7 oz for 24.99 at Ross. I'll Note they also had Be Delicious 1.7 oz for 29.99 and 34.99 cause Ross is weird like that. The one for 29.99 was tempting, but I ended up finding one on the other side of the rack for 24.99.
    My Current Top 10:

    Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

  9. #1149
    Dependent bigbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Central Oregon
    Posts
    2,409

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Today I purchased Nautica Classic 1.7 oz for 10.99 (They also had the 3.4 oz for 16.99) & DKNY Be Delicious 1.7 oz for 24.99 at Ross. I'll Note they also had Be Delicious 1.7 oz for 29.99 and 34.99 cause Ross is weird like that. The one for 29.99 was tempting, but I ended up finding one on the other side of the rack for 24.99.
    I've heard good things about Be Delicious, hows the longevity on it? If decent, I may have to swing by and pick this one up!

  10. #1150

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    I've heard good things about Be Delicious, hows the longevity on it? If decent, I may have to swing by and pick this one up!
    Meh.. I am kind of angry with purchasing it, because I used to own a bottle and swore I would never buy it again because longevity is such a problem. Longevity really REALLY sucks. I get like 3 hours tops, and I have great skin for holding fragrances. Scent wise though, it smells really good, I know a couple girls who go crazy for it too. There's a slight coffee note mixed with a boozy apple and juniper berry, with sort of a soapy/clean undertone. I also own Red Delicious though, which, smell wise, I don't think it's as good, but longevity wise is much better, as I get about 5-6 hours.

    Also, on another note, I just remembered I saw Hot Water Night at Maxx for 19.99, don't remember the size, maybe 2.5 oz. Does anyone have any experience with this one? I have read it smells similar to M7..
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 17th December 2013 at 11:36 PM.
    My Current Top 10:

    Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

  11. #1151
    Dependent bigbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Central Oregon
    Posts
    2,409

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Meh.. I am kind of angry with purchasing it, because I used to own a bottle and swore I would never buy it again because longevity is such a problem. Longevity really REALLY sucks. I get like 3 hours tops, and I have great skin for holding fragrances. Scent wise though, it smells really good, I know a couple girls who go crazy for it too. There's a slight coffee note mixed with a boozy apple and juniper berry, with sort of a soapy/clean undertone. I also own Red Delicious though, which, smell wise, I don't think it's as good, but longevity wise is much better, as I get about 5-6 hours.

    Also, on another note, I just remembered I saw Hot Water Night at Maxx for 19.99, don't remember the size, maybe 2.5 oz. Does anyone have any experience with this one? I have read it smells similar to M7..
    Hmmm...thanks for the insight, it's much appreciated! My skin doesn't hold scents worth a damn, so this sounds like a no-go for me then. I just know my GF has the female version and I always thought it smelt great....and she also goes ape $h!t over the male version and was the one who mentioned I should get it.

  12. #1152

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Blind bought Dsquared2 He Wood 30ml for $9.99 at Ross and Bulgari Pour Homme 100ml for $29... thoughts on these?

  13. #1153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    790

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    My local tj maxx had a bunch of creed windsors in leather atomizers for 39.95 in red clearance section. I picked up one. thinking of going back to get another one.

  14. #1154

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    My local tj maxx had a bunch of creed windsors in leather atomizers for 39.95 in red clearance section. I picked up one. thinking of going back to get another one.
    It's old and not funny. You have nothing better to do than troll this thread?

  15. #1155

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Also, on another note, I just remembered I saw Hot Water Night at Maxx for 19.99, don't remember the size, maybe 2.5 oz. Does anyone have any experience with this one? I have read it smells similar to M7..[/QUOTE]

    I haven't seen that anywhere. The notes sound really interesting and I would totally blind buy it if I came across it.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

  16. #1156

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Blind bought Dsquared2 He Wood 30ml for $9.99 at Ross and Bulgari Pour Homme 100ml for $29... thoughts on these?
    Used to have the 1 oz He Wood, loved it at first, then got rid of it. I couldn't help but think how the opening notes smelled like magic marker. I think there are far better fresh vetiver scents out there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower99 View Post
    Also, on another note, I just remembered I saw Hot Water Night at Maxx for 19.99, don't remember the size, maybe 2.5 oz. Does anyone have any experience with this one? I have read it smells similar to M7..

    I haven't seen that anywhere. The notes sound really interesting and I would totally blind buy it if I came across it.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I may have some money on Thurs, will go back, and if it's still there, I'll pick it up and give ya guys the verdict!
    My Current Top 10:

    Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

  17. #1157

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Used to have the 1 oz He Wood, loved it at first, then got rid of it. I couldn't help but think how the opening notes smelled like magic marker. I think there are far better fresh vetiver scents out there.
    Is it worth 10 bucks? I don't expect it to be amazing, but as long as it's not terrible, the bottle is probably cool enough to keep for my collection lol.

  18. #1158

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Is it worth 10 bucks? I don't expect it to be amazing, but as long as it's not terrible, the bottle is probably cool enough to keep for my collection lol.
    10 bucks, ya.. I think I paid 15 or 20 for my 1 oz bottle, I bought it blind too. I thought it was a decent deal at the time, because ya don't come across the He Wood line very often in these stores. Off the bat, I enjoyed it, it reminded me a lot of Paul Smith Story. But overtime it became sort of nauseating.. that magic marker smell is what did it for me. But if you're one who doesn't pick up on it, I think this could be a good little citrusy/green vetiver scent. Let me know how it turns out for ya.
    My Current Top 10:

    Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

  19. #1159

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    10 bucks, ya.. I think I paid 15 or 20 for my 1 oz bottle, I bought it blind too. I thought it was a decent deal at the time, because ya don't come across the He Wood line very often in these stores. Off the bat, I enjoyed it, it reminded me a lot of Paul Smith Story. But overtime it became sort of nauseating.. that magic marker smell is what did it for me. But if you're one who doesn't pick up on it, I think this could be a good little citrusy/green vetiver scent. Let me know how it turns out for ya.
    Sounds good, thanks.

    Anyone smelled Bvlgari Pour Homme? I ended up stopping by Sephora and smelled it on a strip there... the first thing that came to mind was Tuscan Leather... am I crazy or does anyone else get the similarity? It had the very prominent 'cocaine' note/smell...

  20. #1160

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Sounds good, thanks.

    Anyone smelled Bvlgari Pour Homme? I ended up stopping by Sephora and smelled it on a strip there... the first thing that came to mind was Tuscan Leather... am I crazy or does anyone else get the similarity? It had the very prominent 'cocaine' note/smell...
    LOL, coke. Definitely don't get that, or the relation with Tuscan Leather. The only thing it really reminds me of is Bvlgari pH Extreme, which is a much better scent imo. The Extreme version is toned down on the tea and musk and amped up on the grapefruit and green notes. Not to say Bvlgari pH is a bad fragrance, I just think the Extreme version is far superior.
    My Current Top 10:

    Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

  21. #1161

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Well.. so much for Hot Water Night, I went back for it today and it was gone at TJ Maxx. They had tons of Versace The Dreamer 3.3 or 3.4 for 34.99, and 4.2 oz Cool Water's for 29.99. I ended up buying Blue Jeans by Versace for 19.99, sort of a bummed out impulse buy, because what I came for wasn't there. But, I guess.. ya snooze, ya lose.
    My Current Top 10:

    Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

  22. #1162
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    84,228

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Well.. so much for Hot Water Night, I went back for it today and it was gone at TJ Maxx.
    Not missing much IMO. It's an OK flanker, pleasant but nothing overly special. Never know, might show up there at a later date.

    (1878)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  23. #1163

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Winners

    Adam Levine
    Mont Blanc Individual
    The unpopular Gucci's
    Many Bond No.9 that have been sitting for over a month at $199.99 per bottle.
    Mugler Pure Shot
    Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Toit
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

  24. #1164

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Is after Christmas a good time to find the shelves stocked at discount stores? My local Marshalls had stuff falling off the shelves 2 weeks ago and yesterday I saw it's getting pretty bare. Funny though, nobody is buying the stuff over $30. There is a ton of Gucci guilty, Santos, Pasha, &Roadster. Boucheron and a few other $40- $50 frags.

  25. #1165
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,706

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Attila- Do you have a picture of the Creed Windsor in the leather atomizer?

  26. #1166

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    I saw Fleur du Male at Ross yesterday ($34 for 75ml).

  27. #1167

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    Attila- Do you have a picture of the Creed Windsor in the leather atomizer?
    Of course he doesn't. He's trolling.

  28. #1168

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by smoothie72 View Post
    Is after Christmas a good time to find the shelves stocked at discount stores? My local Marshalls had stuff falling off the shelves 2 weeks ago and yesterday I saw it's getting pretty bare. Funny though, nobody is buying the stuff over $30. There is a ton of Gucci guilty, Santos, Pasha, &Roadster. Boucheron and a few other $40- $50 frags.
    From my experience.. no. It's even too late now to find anything special. The time to get the goodies is 2-3 weeks before Christmas. It's quite common to go to these places and see them jam packed with great stuff, then you go back a couple days later and the shelves are bare. I frequent these stores often, and it's always like this. However, sometimes after Christmas you'll see a few items return to the shelves.. you could almost tell they've been returned.

    A few days ago when I was at TJ Maxx, the line was massive, and I noticed 3 people in front of me to have fragrances in their cart/hand. So.. that should give you an idea of how big of sellers they are. Scented candles seem to be big sellers too.
    My Current Top 10:

    Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

  29. #1169
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    84,228

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    From my experience.. no. It's even too late now to find anything special. The time to get the goodies is 2-3 weeks before Christmas.
    Agree.

    (1958)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  30. #1170

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Must de Cartier, Declaration & D'un Soir, Annick Goutal, Rochas Man, Mont Blanc, Oscar for Men, etc. TK Maxx.

  31. #1171

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    (first post!) Went to marshalls the other day, spotted under a pile of gift boxes a Versace pour homme travel bag set with I believe an after shave and lotion or body wash, can't remember. Was very surprised and got real excited but noticed the bottle was stolen out of the box, as was the case with many of the gift sets because they are not in the plastic security cases, a real shame that people are that petty. Maybe it was sent there because it was missing in the first place? I'm not sure. any one else ever see pour homme gift sets at marshalls?

    ended up getting a 1.7 of the dreamer for 24.99

  32. #1172

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    ^^^ Yeah, I've seen VPH gift sets at Marshalls all the time. Unfortunately, as you mentioned, a lot of times the bottle gets stolen. They definitely don't arrive that way, it happens in the store. Mostly teenagers and poor people who still want to smell good lol. I don't understand how Marshalls has allowed this to happen so consistently without figuring out a way to stop it or at least slow it down.
    Last edited by mjones602; 23rd December 2013 at 06:58 AM.

  33. #1173

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    ^^^ Yeah, I've seen VPH gift sets at Marshalls all the time. Unfortunately, as you mentioned, a lot of times the bottle gets stolen. They definitely don't arrive that way, it happens in the store. Mostly teenagers and poor people who still want to smell good lol. I don't understand how Marshalls has allowed this to happen so consistently without figuring out a way to stop it or at least slow it down.
    Having worked in retail years ago, I've seen more shoplifters that are adults and have the money to pay for the item(s) than I ever did teenagers and 'poor people.'

  34. #1174

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Having worked in retail years ago, I've seen more shoplifters that are adults and have the money to pay for the item(s) than I ever did teenagers and 'poor people.'
    In my experience this is absolutely true. In my experience, stealing is about trying to live beyond one's means, and there's often (but not always) an element of greed. Greed is such a fascinating thing. It seems that the more some people have, the more they want, or worse, the more they think they need.

    Anyway... as for the topic at hand... my local stores seem pretty picked through. Bummer.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

  35. #1175

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Hey, my local Ross was particularly well stocked today. There were things I've never seen there before, including Fleur du Male, Mont Blanc Individuel, A*Men and a few others. I've never seen my Ross so well stocked!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

  36. #1176
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Clackamas, OR
    Posts
    157

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    The Ross in downtown Portland I visited yesterday had Amen Pure Leather for sale - too bad it's terrible.

  37. #1177

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Hey, my local Ross was particularly well stocked today. There were things I've never seen there before, including Fleur du Male, Mont Blanc Individuel, A*Men and a few others. I've never seen my Ross so well stocked!
    I went to Ross, Marshall's and T.J. Maxx today.
    They all had the Mont Blanc (wasn't a good price, though. $35 if I remember right), but I didn't buy it for the previous mentioned reason and that I had just walked out of Perfumania and tried Starwalker for the first time and hated it.
    I did end up buying this, though

    $15 and is now one of my favorites. I'm a noob at this stuff, so I was just expanding my little collection by trying to find good deals at these places.

  38. #1178
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    84,228

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by 9D4 View Post
    I went to Ross, Marshall's and T.J. Maxx today.
    They all had the Mont Blanc (wasn't a good price, though. $35 if I remember right), but I didn't buy it for the previous mentioned reason and that I had just walked out of Perfumania and tried Starwalker for the first time and hated it.
    I did end up buying this, though

    $15 and is now one of my favorites. I'm a noob at this stuff, so I was just expanding my little collection by trying to find good deals at these places.
    Good deal for the 100ml! Congrats!

    (2173)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  39. #1179

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Good deal for the 100ml! Congrats!

    (2173)
    Why thank ya. Like I said, I'm just trying to get some discount ones for me newly started collection (buddy of mine got me started recent). As of now I'm at an impressive four in my collection haha, gotta start somewhere, though.

    Just went to Ross again and get real close to pulling the trigger on some Quorum, but everyone said it was old time-y and I don't think I'd care for that (I'm 19). They had some of those Azarro's posted earlier, too (several, in fact). They also had some Yves Saint Laurent l'homme, but that was pricey for what's basically a blind buy ($60 for the 100 ml, I belive)

  40. #1180

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by 9D4 View Post
    Why thank ya. Like I said, I'm just trying to get some discount ones for me newly started collection (buddy of mine got me started recent). As of now I'm at an impressive four in my collection haha, gotta start somewhere, though.

    Just went to Ross again and get real close to pulling the trigger on some Quorum, but everyone said it was old time-y and I don't think I'd care for that (I'm 19). They had some of those Azarro's posted earlier, too (several, in fact). They also had some Yves Saint Laurent l'homme, but that was pricey for what's basically a blind buy ($60 for the 100 ml, I belive)
    I understand that desire to obtain more bottles, but just remember that quality is always better than quantity. It's very easy when diving into the fragrance world to buy things that you will later regret. I'd much rather have 1 bottle of quality fragrance over 4 bottles of mediocre fragrance**. Also be wary of too many blind buys....

    **Not saying that what you've purchased is mediocre, as it's all subjective. Just offering some friendly advice for a new collector.

  41. #1181

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Gotcha.
    I've already made the mistake of "mediocre" with the CK Euphoria that I bought. That was part of the reason I resisted the Quorum, wasn't sure if I'd like it.
    So. While standing in Marshall's today, I sat there googling the ones I was interested in and looked them up on here to see the things like longevity (my only problem with the Euphoria), along with comparative prices
    I realize it's still a blind buy, but I did the best to cover myself, haha.
    The only thing I dislike about it, is that it's a summer-y frag, but it was still 70 degrees here today, so I can pull that off for a while longer.
    Thanks for the advice, I've seen that a couple times, so it's probably important to remember lol
    I have also already learned about the blind buy is a no-no. Was real close to pulling the trigger on Amazon for some Mont Blanc starwalker and 1881 black. Tried them both at perfumania today and they were horrible, to me at least.

  42. #1182

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Ross/Marshall's both pretty bare... about 1/3 the amount of stock they had last week, no new shipments came in. Interested to see which 'new' frags will start to show up in the new year.

    Did manage to pick up a 1oz of Mont Blanc Legend for $15.99 at Ross though... they had the same size for $34.99 at Marshalls (wtf?).

  43. #1183

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Ross/Marshall's both pretty bare... about 1/3 the amount of stock they had last week, no new shipments came in. Interested to see which 'new' frags will start to show up in the new year.

    Did manage to pick up a 1oz of Mont Blanc Legend for $15.99 at Ross though... they had the same size for $34.99 at Marshalls (wtf?).
    That's a good deal on Legend. Very nice scent.

  44. #1184
    Basenotes Member Kampus Kop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    I think I mentioned that I picked up Tommy Bahama Martinique ($19.95) at Marshall's about a month or two ago. Initial whiff is good - kind aquatic with a hint of citrus and suntan oil and salt - but for me it disappears in less than an hour! The longevity really sucks! I think even "4711" has more lasting power. I thought Tommy Bahama fragrances were supposed to be pretty good for a trendy resort-wear fashion designer. Oh well.

    I had much better luck with the $14 bottle of Nicole Miller for Men.
    Last edited by Kampus Kop; 29th December 2013 at 03:25 AM.

  45. #1185

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Kampus Kop View Post
    I think I mentioned that I picked up Tommy Bahama Martinique ($19.95) at Marshall's about a month or two ago. Initial whiff is good - kind aquatic with a hint of citrus and suntan oil and salt - but for me it disappears in less than an hour! The longevity really sucks! I think even "4711" has more lasting power. I though Tommy Bahama fragrances were supposed to be pretty good for a trendy resort-wear fashion designer. Oh well.

    I had much better luck with the $14 bottle of Nicole Miller for Men.
    I own 3 of the TB's (St. Barts, Martinique, and Very Cool)... have not worn them since summer, but if I remember correctly, the sprayer is pretty weak on these so you can afford to double up on sprays without worrying about overspraying. Longevity was mediocre, but definitely nothing as poor as what you are describing (and I have dry skin).

  46. #1186

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    3.4 oz of something forgettable vs 10ml decant of something wonderful , that will last longer than one might think. If I had it all to do over again ...
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

  47. #1187
    Basenotes Member Kampus Kop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Men's scents usually last on me, mostly because - I'm NOT trying to be offensive or gross or anything - I'm a pretty hairy guy. From my experience the scent clings more to hair on one's arms, chest, temples, sideburns, etc. At the end of a long work day when I'm peeling off my uniform shirt and T-shirt underneath I usually get a pleasing whiff of fragrance clinging to my T-shirt.

  48. #1188

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    I got Ungaro pour l'homme III at Ross today. Saw it two days for $20 and went back yesterday to pick it up. Couldn't find it. Went back today with my aunt and found it on a clearance rack for $7.99.
    Definitely dig it for that price. Also got John Varvatos Artisan Black for $35 I think it was. And now I am broke. Haha
    Edit: Also, Kampus is correct. I remember reading a book a few years back that mentioned that.
    I still think I'd rather not be hairy, though, haha

    They also had a 2.4 ounce bottle of Bulgari Black for $40, but that ran about the same price as everywhere else I looked.
    Last edited by 9D4; 29th December 2013 at 03:49 AM.

  49. #1189

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Stumbled on Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, Endymion and a couple of others for £29 (100ml) and £22 for (50ml) in TK Maxx in Leeds, UK today. They also had a couple of Annick Goutal including Eau d'Hadrien for £25 and, fairly recently, there was 100ml of Encre Noir to be had for £37.

    I bought the Blenheim Bouquet and am considering another trip tomorrow...
    Smelling good on a budget!

  50. #1190

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoodanny View Post
    Stumbled on Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, Endymion and a couple of others for £29 (100ml) and £22 for (50ml) in TK Maxx in Leeds, UK today. They also had a couple of Annick Goutal including Eau d'Hadrien for £25 and, fairly recently, there was 100ml of Encre Noir to be had for £37.

    I bought the Blenheim Bouquet and am considering another trip tomorrow...
    Damn that's a steal on the Penhaligon's! Good buy, mate.

  51. #1191

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    I can't even get through my 1.7oz I would've sold it to you for $20 99% full lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The Colognnoisseur View Post
    nd.3747.jpg

    Spotted and bought a 50ml backup bottle of 1M at Marshalls for $46.99.

    Regards,

    TC

  52. #1192

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Costco Canada

    BLEU DE CHANEL EAU DE TOILETTE 50ml for $49.99
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

  53. #1193

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Went to my local Winners and was pleasantly surprised. A couple weeks before Christmas they had a ton of stuff (Creed, Bond's, Tom Ford, Opium, among other good stuff) but the prices were nothing to go crazy about.

    Went yesterday and found some stuff still lying around and discounted. I guess more so than thought were not purchased for Christmas so no choice than to get rid of existing stock. Saw Bond Coney Island 1.7 oz for $85 and other Bonds in both 100 ml and 50 ml being marked down with the red tag and there were quite a few. Creed GIT 4 oz was going for $148.

    I'm hoping they can be marked down a little more so i can get a good steal (especially for the Coney Island) but it's a risk.

    Still kicking myself for not getting Dior Homme 1.7 oz for $50 when I saw it for Christmas, should have knew it would be taken. Oh well it will hopefully make itself available there again.

  54. #1194

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Some decent discounts at the local Winners in Edmonton.

    My purchase wasn't on sale, but I was satisfied: Shalimar 50ml EDP + 75ml lotion for $69.

  55. #1195

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    This is my first post here. But today at TJ Maxx in Greenville SC I bought a Cool Water gift set with 4.2 oz EDT spray and 2.5 oz A/S splash cor $20 on clearance.

    I used to wear Cool Water back in the 90s. It certainly brought back some memories.

  56. #1196

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpedhuez55 View Post
    This is my first post here. But today at TJ Maxx in Greenville SC I bought a Cool Water gift set with 4.2 oz EDT spray and 2.5 oz A/S splash cor $20 on clearance.

    I used to wear Cool Water back in the 90s. It certainly brought back some memories.
    Welcome to BN! That set usually goes for $44.99 at TJ Maxx/Marshalls, so I'd say you got a great deal!

  57. #1197
    Dependent bigbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Central Oregon
    Posts
    2,409

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Popped in to Ross today before work...saw a lot of Bvlgari and Perry Ellis, but that was about it.

  58. #1198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    413

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Potentially off-topic...if so, please let me know: picked up a 3.4 of Issey Summer 2013 at the Fort Carson PX for $25! I've been wanting this since it came out last summer but I either didn't have the money or when I did, I couldn't find it. Very please with my discovery.

  59. #1199

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    Quote Originally Posted by spcmiller View Post
    Potentially off-topic...if so, please let me know: picked up a 3.4 of Issey Summer 2013 at the Fort Carson PX for $25! I've been wanting this since it came out last summer but I either didn't have the money or when I did, I couldn't find it. Very please with my discovery.
    Not off-topic IMO, I'm sure Fort Carson PX fits in the 'etc' part of the title . Don't know much about the fragrance, but congrats on the purchase, and a great price too!

  60. #1200

    Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

    I found a white whale at the Marshall's in Macon, GA today....

    Creed Royal Water 4.0 ozfor $149.99. I was so stunned I bought it. It's a 2012 lot number with the new style bottle. It smells wonderful, and now so does my vehicle (I sprayed it excitedly in my car when I got back in it).

Similar Threads

  1. Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, Vol. 2
    By jrd4t in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 278
    Last Post: 20th November 2010, 10:52 PM
  2. Odd 1 oz niche I spotted at TJ Maxx yesterday
    By MisterK in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25th September 2008, 10:53 AM
  3. Spotted at T.J. Maxx
    By Hyde65 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15th September 2007, 03:11 AM
  4. Euphoria Man spotted at Marshalls
    By scentimus in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23rd August 2007, 02:16 PM
  5. Odd 1 oz niche I spotted at TJ Maxx yesterday
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000