Code of Conduct
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,260 of 1491

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I found a white whale at the Marshall's in Macon, GA today....

Creed Royal Water 4.0 ozfor $149.99. I was so stunned I bought it. It's a 2012 lot number with the new style bottle. It smells wonderful, and now so does my vehicle (I sprayed it excitedly in my car when I got back in it).
    Very we'll done. I'm checking my local store out tomorrow.

Wow, a white whale indeed! Nice score Chuck!!!

I found a white whale at the Marshall's in Macon, GA today....

Creed Royal Water 4.0 ozfor $149.99. I was so stunned I bought it. It's a 2012 lot number with the new style bottle. It smells wonderful, and now so does my vehicle (I sprayed it excitedly in my car when I got back in it).
    Wow that's awesome! How's the longevity? I know this one does not get a lot of love around here, but I thought it smelled pretty good when I tested it. Only problem was the performance...

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Wow that's awesome! How's the longevity? I know this one does not get a lot of love around here, but I thought it smelled pretty good when I tested it. Only problem was the performance...
    I'll find out soon! I know the bottle smells fantastic sitting here on my couch side table. My family all likes it. I'll try it out this week.

They also had Midnight in Paris EDT for $59.99. That's not a great deal. But the Creed Royal Water retails for $330 now, so I felt better about that plunge.

Crabtree and Evelyn sandalwood at marshals for 19.99

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Les Notes de Lanvin : Oud & Rose at TJ Maxx for $12.99.

Low risk blind buy... enjoying my first full wearing.
    photo (2).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bourbon108 View Post
    Low risk blind buy... enjoying my first full wearing.
    photo (2).jpg
    Nice deal.. but waaaay too peppery for my liking. Probably the most peppery scent I can remember wearing.. even way more than The Beat, and Bang.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Winner's has started to restock for 2014. In addition to their usuals, I'm seeing some Lacoste, Ed Hardy's and Azarro PH L'eau and Night Time. I also saw a Creed Aventus 4 oz for $249.99 which seems high since I'm pretty sure I saw it in the fall for $199.99.

I did grab an Azarro PH gift set for $28 and an Ed Hardy Villain for $20. I'm a fan of D&G The One (the scent not the projection) so I'm interested to see if they are similar.

Marshalls had Spicebomb reduced to $40. Already own it and don't need a backup.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

First time I went in to the local Ross and was happy to walk away with Michael Jordan Legend for $8 and Versace The Dreamer for $20. Both were 100 ml
    "All the best perfumes in history have something that smells like garbage in them; that's what keeps drawing you back."

I just scored a musgo real oakmoss cologne at homegoods for $6.50 on the clearance rack next to all the scented candles
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower99 View Post
    Crabtree and Evelyn sandalwood at marshals for 19.99

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I saw the same thing at tj maxx for around the same price I think
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Les Notes de Lanvin : Oud & Rose at TJ Maxx for $12.99.
    I saw this also the other day and tried to look it up. Not a lot of info on the web. Has anyone tried this? Thoughts?

Today I went to both TJ Maxx and Ross. TJM had the usual suspects.. mostly garbage though. Ross had some less common stuff. 1.7 oz Varvatos Star USA for 14.99, I contemplated blind buying this one, but I didn't give in. They also had a rare .67 John Varvatos regular (strange size) I think it was like 12.99 or something. They had Jaguar Amber Classic, Black Classic and one other.. I think maybe the Red Classic one, all of these in the 3.4 oz for either 16.99 or 19.99, I forget. They also had 2 new Ferrari scents that I haven't seen at any discounters yet. 3.4 oz Ferrari Essence Oud, this one was 39.99. Also Essence Musk for 24.99 in the 3.4 oz. I also saw CK Contradiction in the 3.4 for 24.99, and Nautica Aqua Rush Gold 3.4 oz for 16.99.

I think there was some other decent stuff, much newer selection than TJM.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Today I went to both TJ Maxx and Ross. TJM had the usual suspects.. mostly garbage though. Ross had some less common stuff. 1.7 oz Varvatos Star USA for 14.99, I contemplated blind buying this one, but I didn't give in. They also had a rare .67 John Varvatos regular (strange size) I think it was like 12.99 or something. They had Jaguar Amber Classic, Black Classic and one other.. I think maybe the Red Classic one, all of these in the 3.4 oz for either 16.99 or 19.99, I forget. They also had 2 new Ferrari scents that I haven't seen at any discounters yet. 3.4 oz Ferrari Essence Oud, this one was 39.99. Also Essence Musk for 24.99 in the 3.4 oz. I also saw CK Contradiction in the 3.4 for 24.99, and Nautica Aqua Rush Gold 3.4 oz for 16.99.

I think there was some other decent stuff, much newer selection than TJM.

I would have bought that Ferrari Essence Oud for $39.99.

I'm totally shocked at some of these! The discount department stores in Chicago don't have anything remotely worth looking at.

Loehmans is even going out of business and have a "liquidation" sale...With their perfumes not included. Laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    I'm totally shocked at some of these! The discount department stores in Chicago don't have anything remotely worth looking at.

Loehmans is even going out of business and have a "liquidation" sale...With their perfumes not included. Laughable.
    I'm sure Chicago has Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross. Usually the locations in big cities such as yours will have even better stock than some podunk town...

Anyway, stopped by 2 Ross' and a TJ Maxx today and they were all pretty bare. Nothing even worth mentioning. Same stuff as listed by The_Cologneist.

Scored some Rocawear Evolution at Ross, very nice scent

I would have bought that Ferrari Essence Oud for $39.99.
    I was considering, but a little high for me for a blind buy. Especially with myself trying to avoid the blind buys and just knocking out what's on my wishlist first.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

I was considering, but a little high for me for a blind buy. Especially with myself trying to avoid the blind buys and just knocking out what's on my wishlist first.
    Way to be wise!

Penhaligon Enymion 1.7oz (50ml) in TK maxx (uk). £15 ($22-25).

Quote Originally Posted by alib View Post
    Penhaligon Enymion 1.7oz (50ml) in TK maxx (uk). £15 ($22-25).
    Wow, I definitely would have bought that one! I bought A-Men Pure Leather for $30 around Christmas time.

Snaged a 6.7 oz CK Shock for $20!

(Not sure what I am going to do with 6.7 oz of this but perhaps I can leave it in my will to my grandsons......someday )

Quote Originally Posted by TurnerIII View Post
    Snaged a 6.7 oz CK Shock for $20!

(Not sure what I am going to do with 6.7 oz of this but perhaps I can leave it in my will to my grandsons......someday )
    Fantastic score man! And yeah your probably right since it doesn't take a lot lot of this juice to get the job done.

I agree bigbz - I like this scent (casual and enjoyable) and it has legs

But 6.7 oz of it? Who would ever use that much??.. It was the price - it was the price

26122536.jpg

Spotted and bought Mont Blanc Individuel at Marshalls.

Regards,

TC
    Last edited by The Colognnoisseur; 21st January 2014 at 01:05 AM.
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

26126000.jpg

Spotted and bought Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir at Marshalls.

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by The Colognnoisseur View Post
    26122536.jpg

Mont Blanc Individuel

Regards,

TC

Nice buy. That's a classy one.

Does Nordstrom Rack count?
    photo 2.jpgphoto 1.jpg
    I ended up buying Ermenegildo Zegna Uomo 1.0 fl oz/30 ml for 35$
    They had a huge discounted selection, from Tommy bahamas to cartier to D&G to Gucci. Tomorrow I'm going to drive to macy's to test out Tommy Hilfiger Man and Tommy Bahamas Set Sail St Barts because they were selling for cheaper than anything I could find on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirondru View Post
    photo 2.jpgphoto 1.jpg
    They had a huge discounted selection, from Tommy bahamas to cartier to D&G to Gucci. Tomorrow I'm going to drive to macy's to test out Tommy Hilfiger Man and Tommy Bahamas Set Sail St Barts because they were selling for cheaper than anything I could find on the internet.
    I was surprised at the selection they had at the Nordstrom Rack in my area. Some good deals can be found as no doubt you found out with your purchases.

(3255)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I wish I could find some nice finds like Creed in the Lubbock/Amarillo area
    Last edited by USAFammo9; 22nd January 2014 at 02:46 AM.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.

photo 2.jpgphoto 1.jpg
    You won't find St Barts at Macy's. But this is a very enjoyable tropical scent, that's really hard not to like.. If you can get a bottle for under 30, it's definitley worth it.

If by Tommy Hilfiger Man, you are referring to Tommy, this one can be found at Macy's still, I am pretty sure. A very interesting and unique scent indeed, very synthetic smelling though.

Both of these are bottle worthy imo.. I need a new bottle of Tommy actually.. getting very low.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Thanks for the info! I'll probably head back and pick up st barts tomorrow!
    I'm gonna pick up either: L'homme, D&G light blue, versache eau fraiche, Hanae Mori by Hanae Mori, or L'occitane eau des baux.
    I also ordered a sample of Frapin L'humaniste.
    What are your thoughts?

Thanks for the info! I'll probably head back and pick up st barts tomorrow!
    Not sure what they are selling St. Barts for at Nordstrom Rack, but it's probably not cheaper than Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross. This one is ALWAYS available at those 3 and it's only $19.99/100ml... along with TB Set Sail Martinique and TB Very Cool at the same price. On top of that, they also have the gift sets with shower gel and aftershave balm for $29.99.

Nice buy. That's a classy one.
    Thanks, Chuck.

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

I saw ck one shock graffiti edition at TJ a couple weeks ago. Didn't even know it existed. Is this any good?

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    I saw ck one shock graffiti edition at TJ a couple weeks ago. Didn't even know it existed. Is this any good?
    Yes it is...Nice tobacco scent

CologneFan85

Ross on Hollywood and western in Hollywood Ca is known to carry Bond No 9 for around 60

Bought 100ml pure shot for 21$ and a 50ml eau de prep for 15$ at perfumanias 70% off sale

Quote Originally Posted by ruoke1 View Post
    Bought 100ml pure shot for 21$ and a 50ml eau de prep for 15$ at perfumanias 70% off sale
    Very nice!
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.

Bought 100ml pure shot for 21$
    Excellent price!

(3298)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Picked up Penhaligon's Endymion Cologne at TK Maxx, 50ml for £15.
    Smelling good on a budget!

Quote Originally Posted by voodoodanny View Post
    Picked up Penhaligon's Endymion Cologne at TK Maxx, 50ml for £15.
    Excellent score! Meanwhile, best i saw Bvlgari Man.....sigh.

John varvatos original travel spray 12.99 at Ross. ...worth it?

I just picked up Pure Shot at Perfumania as well for $24... also got a 1oz older version of Burberry London (with Evernia Prunastri aka Oakmoss listed on the back) for $12.50.
    Last edited by mjones602; 24th January 2014 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    I just picked up Pure Shot at Perfumania as well for $24... also got a 1oz older version of Burberry London (with Evernia Prunastri listed on the back) for $12.50.
    I went to another and got guess by marciano and iceberg twice both for around 23$

Every time I go to these stores I always see the same stuff. I never really see any bargains in-store because the ones I do see are usually the same price online for more quantity. Anybody have any general tips?

Quote Originally Posted by CASUAL View Post
    Every time I go to these stores I always see the same stuff. I never really see any bargains in-store because the ones I do see are usually the same price online for more quantity. Anybody have any general tips?
    It's really just dumb luck. The only 'tip' would be to go more often, thus increasing the odds you get lucky. Also, check the clearance sections for the red-tagged items. Usually they are in a different area from (yet still somewhat nearby) the rest of the fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by CASUAL View Post
    Try to go to ones in "nicer" parts of town. The best/most stocked stores that I have seen were in upscale areas of Phoenix and Houston. They use some discretion when deciding which items to send to which stores.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Banned
    Blog Entries

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROYAL-WATER-...item460d647159

I had Royal Water some years ago..
    Is that the new bottle?
    I can't recall

Quote Originally Posted by str8gahbidge View Post
    John varvatos original travel spray 12.99 at Ross. ...worth it?
    I saw this at my Ross too. I guess it's an ok deal compared to retail. However, you can find a 4.2 oz for 24.99-30 bucks if you look around, which is a far better deal.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

I saw this at my Ross too. I guess it's an ok deal compared to retail. However, you can find a 4.2 oz for 24.99-30 bucks if you look around, which is a far better deal.
    True. I passed on it this time. I actually dont mind and prefer smaller bottles just because my collections is 40+ bottles and I would never get around to using 4.2 oz.

I guess it could become air freshener for the bathroom after a while though. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROYAL-WATER-...item460d647159

I had Royal Water some years ago..
    Is that the new bottle?
    I can't recall
    Tony, you are correct, that's the new bottle style.

Mjones602 & Heperd thank you. will do, I thought they all got the same stuff since I kept seeing the same stuff throughout the same three stores. I haven't exactly been in "nice big city areas" though. Thanks again

Picked up a 125 ml bottle of Fleur du Male on clearance for $29 at TJ Maxx.

Basenotes Plus

I made it a point to hit the local Ft Lauderdale TJ Maxx and Ross and Marshalls - no luck for me - everything was $30 mass market crap

nd.647.jpg

Spotted and bought a 100ml bottle of Versace L'Homme at TJ Maxx.

Regards,

TC
    Last edited by The Colognnoisseur; 28th January 2014 at 01:35 AM.
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

While I have enjoyed buying scents at these stores for years, I think I'm done for a while. I rarely keep the ones I buy for long. I'm losing all kinds of cash on these impulse buys. My new policy is one quality scent per month with a max of $160.