Code of Conduct
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,320 of 1610

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

Just picked up a 3.4 oz bottle of The Dreamer at TJ for $34.99.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Today I picked up Christian Audiger for Men in the 1.7 oz on at Ross for 9.99. Great deal! Bottle is really nice, and scent is beautiful, but longevity is really poor. I put some on in the car and went to my next destination, right next door, and while waiting in line I got 2 compliments, wow. Talk about a record.. 2 compliments in less than 5 minutes.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Went to a perfume shop in the great mall of milpitas that was closing down. I bought rochas aquaman 3.4, 2.5 creed himilaya, joop electric heat, lalique white gift set, Lolita lempicka 50 ml, rykiel homme grey 125 ml, baldessarini del mar 50ml, very irresistible 50 ml, and ultraviolet man 100ml all for 200$ out the door

Quote Originally Posted by ruoke1 View Post
    Went to a perfume shop in the great mall of milpitas that was closing down. I bought rochas aquaman 3.4, 2.5 creed himilaya, joop electric heat, lalique white gift set, Lolita lempicka 50 ml, rykiel homme grey 125 ml, baldessarini del mar 50ml, very irresistible 50 ml, and ultraviolet man 100ml all for 200$ out the door
    Damn great deal!

I live pretty close to that mall- do you remember the name of that store and if they still have any stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Shirondru View Post
    I live pretty close to that mall- do you remember the name of that store and if they still have any stock?
    I think the last day was friday but they had stock left. Their was 3 other creeds left and alot of discontinued stuff he was selling for around $15-30 each. Some i didnt pick up was givenchy incense, the earlier version of play called rewind?, jill sander summer, yatagan, b-man, tous mN, some les senturs stuff, paco rabbane metal, thats all i recall on the mens side besides the usual bijan/joop/no named brand stuff. The store was called fine perfumes kind of by khols.

I would be 100x more careful examining for fakes at these kind of places. Malls seem to be playgrounds for great looking fakes, and a store that's closing means no returns even if it ends up being fake. They'll be long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    I would be 100x more careful examining for fakes at these kind of places. Malls seem to be playgrounds for great looking fakes, and a store that's closing means no returns even if it ends up being fake. They'll be long gone.
    I think Creed would be the one that would really need to be looked at out of that bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Not really worried about examining for fakes as it wasent my first time at that store. If it was some random store i never seen before or had any experiences with then i would worry. If their was a reason to worry i would of lol

Quote Originally Posted by CASUAL View Post
    Every time I go to these stores I always see the same stuff. I never really see any bargains in-store because the ones I do see are usually the same price online for more quantity. Anybody have any general tips?
    Like somebody said, it is pure luck/timing. I just scored a 1oz bottle of Creed Silver Mountain Water on clearance for $45 at Winners. Funny thing is I have been in that store about 5 times in the past 4 weeks and hadn't seen it there at all, even at full price.

Picked up a 1.7 Hippie Chic for $20 for my sweetie and got limited edition Joop Summer Ticket 4.2 on closeout for $15 at TJ Maxx. Unfortunately this stuff is pretty floral so on the fence about keeping it or not :/

Bought a 1.7oz of Tommy Bahama St. Barts at Marshalls for $15. I also considered purchasing a 3.4oz of Marc Jacobs Bang but ended up not getting it. The Tommy Bahama seems like it will make a great summer scent.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Today I picked up Christian Audiger for Men in the 1.7 oz on at Ross for 9.99. Great deal! Bottle is really nice, and scent is beautiful, but longevity is really poor. I put some on in the car and went to my next destination, right next door, and while waiting in line I got 2 compliments, wow. Talk about a record.. 2 compliments in less than 5 minutes.

I remember taking a chance on this a couple years ago when it saw a 1.7 for $14.99 at Ross. Well like you I really enjoy it and it was a great surprise!(pear liquor/berries with suede smell?! Awesome and unique!) I was running low on that bottle so looked on ebay 4-5months ago and couldn't believe I picked up a 3.4oz tester shipped to my door for under $15. This is a real good frag IMO, but at that price it's an unbelievable scent buy! And even though sillage isn't very good, on me I get average longevity.(especially if I spray it on my shirt)

Quote Originally Posted by reckedhim View Post
    Bought a 1.7oz of Tommy Bahama St. Barts at Marshalls for $15. I also considered purchasing a 3.4oz of Marc Jacobs Bang but ended up not getting it. The Tommy Bahama seems like it will make a great summer scent.
    You picked a great one for summer IMO....not long lasting like most summer colognes, but a great and unique lime/margarita smell! I really want to try South Seas and Martinique...but so far I haven't ran into those at my local Ross/TJ Maxx yet.

John Varvatos Star USA - $19.99
    Perry Ellis 360- $9.99

Bought em both. Wife likes the JV (so far).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

*Almost* pulled the trigger on a 4oz bottle of Aventus - marked down to $147.

Quote Originally Posted by frostiblack View Post
    Shoulda gone ahead and pulled that trigger my friend.

Point me in the direction of that store and I will buy it ASAP! lol
    "All the best perfumes in history have something that smells like garbage in them; that's what keeps drawing you back."

My local TJ Maxx and Marshall's both recently put out large quantities of Ungaro Man, 3 oz for $20. Reviews seemed lukewarm so I passed.
    Ross had 1.7 of Mont Blanc Individuel for $23. Considered buying but passed for now.

Never seen a Creed at any of the usual discounters. ^^^ That price on Aventus should be an insta-kop.

Quote Originally Posted by expressway View Post
    Point me in the direction of that store and I will buy it ASAP! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    Never seen a Creed at any of the usual discounters. ^^^ That price on Aventus should be an insta-kop.
    He's in Canada... probably talking about this magical place called 'Winners' which frequently carries Creed and Bond No.9... wish we had those in the US

Winners...

Latest price for Aventus has been 250, at 147 its time to pull the trigger. Couple weeks back Creed Neroli was on clearance for 90,00. Bonds tend to go for 200 but I did see a few on clearance at 80.00. Problem with Winners is the sporadic nature of their supply chain. Right now the fragrance shelves are close to being empty.
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

Blog Entries

A big bottle of Aventus for just $147, I'd pull the trigger, too.

Whoa. That's only $135, U.S. I envy you folks up there in Canada! I never see high end stuff at Ross / Marshalls / TJ Maxx.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Whoa. That's only $135, U.S. I envy you folks up there in Canada! I never see high end stuff at Ross / Marshalls / TJ Maxx.
    This is a rare price. From what I see at Wnners this is a seldom seen clearance price. Aventus usually sells for 250.00 at Winners. Now for us Canadians ordering from the USA its not a great situation. We can get hammered on shipping costs, not to mention some places wont ship to Canada due to restrictive regulations. The sites you have offer free shipping, you guys and gals are fortunate that way. Canada also has limited product range. So yes this last year we have had a few lucky product cycles of Creed / Bond at Winners but its very hit and miss.

The weird part about this is that Winners is owned by TJX Companies. I wonder why their Canada stores are getting all the high-end stuff?
    Last edited by mjones602; 21st February 2014 at 10:52 PM.

That was a trigger meant to be pulled...
    "As perfume doth remain In the folds where it hath lain, So the thought of you, remaining Deeply folded in my brain, Will not leave me: all things leave me: You remain."

-Arthur Symons

Quote Originally Posted by mansoor View Post
    That was a trigger meant to be pulled...
    Indeed, and then please come back here and make half a dozen threads on why you think the bottle is fake.

That Aventus would be hard to pass up. But then again, I have a 2.5 OZ that is at least 90% full. so while I would be tempted to get it as a backup, the truth is I probably won't run out of it for 3 or 4 years from now.

I know, everyone, haha, I really should have sprung for it. Maybe I'll drive over this morning and see if it's still there. I've bought 2 clearance-price Creeds at Winners before (MI and Royal Oud) and they're perfect.

And, it's gone! Haha. Darn.

But I did snatch a 4 oz bottle of Green Irish Tweed for $100, so I'll still consider it a worthwhile visit.

And, it's gone! Haha. Darn.

But I did snatch a 4 oz bottle of Green Irish Tweed for $100, so I'll still consider it a worthwhile visit.
    Nice. I was able to score a 4 oz bottle of GIT for $110 from a trusted online site a few years ago, but haven't seen it for that price in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post
    Nice. I was able to score a 4 oz bottle of GIT for $110 from a trusted online site a few years ago, but haven't seen it for that price in a while.
    Thanks - yeah, there were a few "reduced" stickers piled on top of each other on this bottle - good deals on a few Creeds that remain from the Christmas stock. Aventus, Neroli, GIT, Tabarome all at under $150.

is this magical winners anywhere near the GTA

The only thing that could remotely be considered high end that I have ever seen at TJ's was Penhaligon's LP No. 9. It was $30 so of course I bought it. So-so scent. Other than that it's the never ending parade of Adidas and other crap.

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    The only thing that could remotely be considered high end that I have ever seen at TJ's was Penhaligon's LP No. 9. It was $30 so of course I bought it. So-so scent. Other than that it's the never ending parade of Adidas and other crap.
    I believe ChuckW once saw/bought Creed Royal Water from TJ/Ross/Marshalls, but that's the only case I've heard of on our side of the border

Les Notes de Lanvin Vetyver Blanc $13 . I am going to get this tomorrow if it's still there. They also had Ambre Orange I may get that too. There is very little info on these but not much of an investment. I was with the wife, so I had to be coy while checking out the fragrance displays. These were in the womens perfume display. There were several of the vetyver so I am pretty confident 1 will still be there.

I just picked up a returned bottle of Mr. Blass by Bill Blass for ten bucks and I love it. Also, I keep seeing Obsession Night for Men there so I'm sure it's on the way out. If you want a harmless vanilla-suede that's a good find.Also on the racks I've seen Truth (CK) and Uomo? Moschino which is a fantastic deal at $25 for 4.2 ounces.
    "Strange things are afoot. I am one of them and I am up to another." -*^-'._.'-^*- - S.B.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    I believe ChuckW once saw/bought Creed Royal Water from TJ/Ross/Marshalls, but that's the only case I've heard of on our side of the border
    Yes. I look forward to breaking that one out for spring in a few weeks. Big old 4 OZ bottle for $139 if my memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothie72 View Post
    Les Notes de Lanvin Vetyver Blanc $13 . I am going to get this tomorrow if it's still there. They also had Ambre Orange I may get that too. There is very little info on these but not much of an investment. I was with the wife, so I had to be coy while checking out the fragrance displays. These were in the womens perfume display. There were several of the vetyver so I am pretty confident 1 will still be there.
    I also saw the Vetyver Blanc and the Oud & Rose. They were placed in the women's section so if anyone is looking for it then you should check there. I was interested in the Oud & Rose but there really aren't any reviews for this one and I didn't want to go and blind buy it even though it was only $12.99.

Thanks for this info... Sounds like a TJ Maxx visit is in order...

Saw YSL L'Homme Libre 2oz for 39.95 at Ross

Just went to a few winners and one marshalls. I saw:

bond no. 9 chinatown x2
    burberry pour homme
    burberry the beat
    Creed Royal Water x 2
    Versace Eau Fraiche
    D+G The One

and the rest of the usual garbage. I don't hate the beat, but even at 20 bucks it's not worth it lol. The Creeds and the Bonds were both 199.

I'm assuming when people say they find creeds for 99-149 it's with the red markdown tags on top? Seems like people buy them for full price here in Toronto, not hopeful I'll ever see a truly good deal.

Winners - Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense 49.99. Forget the size, seemed expensive, passed.

Marc Jacobs Bang in a new shipment at TJ Maxx. One bottle they had, 1.7 OZ, went for $19.99 which is a great price.

Basenotes Plus

Bought Z-14 for 13 bucks yesterday at Marshals. Wearing today and I think I've found a powerhouse for work. Really nice. Has elements that remind me of Quorum and Van Cleef & Arprels PH in little ways. Beautiful subtle lemon even later in the drydown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought Calvin Klein euphoria intense 1.7 oz for 29.99. Scent is really nice. I get about 6 hours with it.

Encounter Fresh

Bought Mäurer & Wirtz 14711 6.8oz bottle at Burlington Coat Factory for $16.99

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by enocg21 View Post
    Bought Calvin Klein euphoria intense 1.7 oz for 29.99. Scent is really nice. I get about 6 hours with it.
    Love, love, LOVE this one!!! My number #1 CK scent with Shock being a close runner up.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Love, love, LOVE this one!!! My number #1 CK scent with Shock being a close runner up.
    I got both euphoria versions and both good... Also will be picking up CK Shock in the near future. Smelled it a few weeks ago and it's pretty good and a nice price.

I saw bond no 9 chinatown for 120 today and burberry sport for 9.99. Kept an eye out for midnight in paris but couldn't see one.

Quote Originally Posted by LMT View Post
    I saw bond no 9 chinatown for 120 today and burberry sport for 9.99. Kept an eye out for midnight in paris but couldn't see one.
    Don't know much about the Bond scent, but Burberry Sport for under a 10 spot sounds like a heck of a deal!(worth it at that price despite it's crappy longevity!)

I was at a Marshalls once and came upon a 50 ml bond no 9 nuits de noho. There was no price on it and they could not find any others for sale, so they offered to me for 19.99. Yeah, I bought it. She brought up an usher cologne to scan!

Marshall's had nothing new, but I did see Encounter Fresh, 1.7 oz I believe for 19.99. Never smelled this one, and I doubt it's anything special.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

It's looks like the Winners stores just did another round of markdowns, at least on the East Coast. Just grabbed 4oz of Aventus for $135 (last week it was $192 from $250). I also saw a Bond #9 Little Italy for $90. Otherwise, it was a lot of the usual suspects like Azzaro L'eau for $16.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent.Steel View Post
    It's looks like the Winners stores just did another round of markdowns, at least on the East Coast. Just grabbed 4oz of Aventus for $135 (last week it was $192 from $250). I also saw a Bond #9 Little Italy for $90. Otherwise, it was a lot of the usual suspects like Azzaro L'eau for $16.
    Great buy on the Aventus! I would have jumped all over that.

We need winners down here in south Florida

It's looks like the Winners stores just did another round of markdowns, at least on the East Coast.
    Yeah, they had a seasonal sale last week where the Bond's (Chez Bond, Chinatown, Highline, Coney Island etc) here downtown were marked down at $55! Ironically they sold like hot cakes at that price, where for months they picked up dust at above $150.
    Last edited by Arij; 27th February 2014 at 09:23 PM.

Does Winners have similar sales in the GTA?
    Summer 2014 rotation:
    1. L'eau d'Issey Summer Edition 2012
    2. Polo Sport
    3. Nikos Sculpture Homme
    4. Versace pour Homme
    5. Dior Homme Sport
    6. YSL L'Homme
    7. Cool Water (oh yea!!)
    8. Millesime Imperial
    9. Ciel Man
    10. Montale Aoud & Pine

Wanted: bottle of Montale Intense Cafe and Aoud Leather.

I know this is the Ross/Marshalls/TJ Maxx/etc thread, but here's a deal for my fellow bargain hunters:

overstock.com currently has 100ml testers on sale for $65.99... if you are a first time customer, you get an additional 10% off for a grand total of $59.39 w/free shipping... this is about as cheap as you'll find DHI. If you want one, I'd get on it fast as this likely won't last long.

http://www.overstock.com/Health-Beau...7/product.html