Code of Conduct
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,500 of 1522

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

Quote Originally Posted by TXAggie View Post
    I picked up a 3.4 oz bottle of Tommy Bahama St Bart's for $20 at Marshalls. Not a bad deal and I'm loving it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey where are the best TJMaxx's, Marshall's etc. located in the Dallas/Fort Worth area? I'll be visting there next month.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.

Default Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

There's a good TJMaxx in Southlake. There's a Marshall's and Ross on 377 in Watauga. I got the TB at a Marshall's in Lake Worth. All Fort Worth area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up kokorico at Ross for $20.

I think that rather than cologne, I'm finding some excellent deals on Zihr skin care products. If you like them, the markdowns are tremendous. Marshall's often has them for $7.99 at the most. Saves me almost 70%!

Winners - Tom Ford Noir 100ml $104.00. Seems high for an outlet store.
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

Here's a Marshalls on highway 360, south of I-20. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ma...fdfd4dfd75be97 There's a Ross there, too, if you are in the Dallas/Ft Worth area.
    Last edited by Allen-on-Holiday; 29th June 2014 at 01:51 AM.
    Licorice candy for breakfast, and another dab of Black Vines by Kerosene. And a spritz of Plum Japonais for Sunday.

I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like

Found a 100ml bottle of Goutal's Duel for 19. Nice!

Is the Perry Ellis 360 line still popular at these stores? I got excited reading about a couple of them (specifically red and white since I'm running low on their more expensive counterparts) and then someone on some thread mentioned that they aren't quite as common in these stores anymore.
    Last edited by SteeleK; 2nd July 2014 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleK View Post
    Is the Perry Ellis 360 line still popular at these stores? I got exited reading about a couple of them (specifically red and white since I'm running low on their more expensive counterparts) and then someone on some thread mentioned that they aren't quite as common in these stores anymore.
    No, actually now that you mention it.....I haven't seen PE 360 scents in at least a year or two in these places now.

Thanks for letting me know!

Is the Perry Ellis 360 line still popular at these stores? I got excited reading about a couple of them (specifically red and white since I'm running low on their more expensive counterparts) and then someone on some thread mentioned that they aren't quite as common in these stores anymore.
    White and the teal colored one (I don't believe it's just called PE 360) are always there, but Red and the other colors are never around. I ended up buying a bottle of Red online and it really does live up to the hype.

Actually found a bottle of Prada Luna Rossa Extreme 1.7oz at a TJ Maxx in South Carolina for $39.99. Surprised the living daylights out of me.

Sorta intrigued by it, so bought it. Only one I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Actually found a bottle of Prada Luna Rossa Extreme 1.7oz at a TJ Maxx in South Carolina for $39.99. Surprised the living daylights out of me.

Sorta intrigued by it, so bought it. Only one I saw.
    Good man...I would've done the same. I'll be on the lookout in Georgia.

Never see them at Marshalls or TJ Maxx, but still frequently see them at Ross.

Saw 2 bottles of Perry Ellis 360, 1.7 oz, $19.99 at Ross today. No 360 Red.

26120028.jpg

Spotted and bought a 50ml bottle of PE 360 at Gordman's for $19.99 less a 20% off coupon bringing it down to $15.99. I already have the 360 Red in a 50ml bottle. Now if I could only find 360 White in a 50ml bottle.

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

So I thought I made a great find at Ross today: Versace Man Eau Fraiche. But then I saw the price ... $29.99 for a 1oz bottle. That doesn't sound like a good price, am I right?

No. $19.99 would be about right at Ross.for a 1 OZ.

Quote Originally Posted by xaa922 View Post
    So I thought I made a great find at Ross today: Versace Man Eau Fraiche. But then I saw the price ... $29.99 for a 1oz bottle. That doesn't sound like a good price, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    No. $19.99 would be about right at Ross.for a 1 OZ.
    Thanks Chuck. That sounds about right.

I was at Marshall's here in Philly just a few hours ago.

Not as good a selection these days; was much better before certain holidays.

They had: Elizabeth Taylor's Passion for Men, Tommy Bahama St. Barts, Davidoff Cool Water, a couple of different Burberry scents, Tommy Bahama Men, Bijan, three or four different scents by Nautica.

Nothing at all peaked my interest. Same old stuff.

Just scored a Mont Blanc Individuale at the Ross in Fort Collins, CO for $20.

I know its not too exciting, but it was on my want list, so I was happy.

Quote Originally Posted by xaa922 View Post
    Thanks Chuck. That sounds about right.

I meant yes, you're right. My bad!!!

Basenotes Member

Versace The Dreamer - saw a 1.5 oz at Ross, then saw a 3.4 for $5 more at Marshalls in the same shopping center and picked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ltj559 View Post
    Just scored a Mont Blanc Individuale at the Ross in Fort Collins, CO for $20.

I know its not too exciting, but it was on my want list, so I was happy.
    Actually, that one gets a lot of love here on basenotes, and $20 is a great price for it. Enjoy!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

26128416.jpg

Spotted and bought a 50ml bottle of CK Man at Marshalls for $15 on clearance.

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

26140282-1622.jpg

Spotted and bought a 50ml bottle of Tommy Hilfiger Freedom (2012) at Marshalls for $10 on clearance.

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

My local stores have had crap lately. I think retailers learned a lot during the recession and have adjusted their production levels accordingly. So not as much good stuff is filtering out. Just a theory. Calvin Klein on the other hand...

My local stores have had crap lately. I think retailers learned a lot during the recession and have adjusted their production levels accordingly. So not as much good stuff is filtering out. Just a theory. Calvin Klein on the other hand...
    Same here, I dont know what the heck is going on, plenty of those Beverly Hills Polo Club fragrances, they are really cheap. Also, a lot of crappy, IMO, Calvin Klein fragrances. The only one i liked a lot and bought is CK One Shock. What is with all these CK flankers, many of them smell nothing like CK One, plus there are literally around 30 flankers. I dont like the whole flanker idea, i mean it works if it is a "Sport" flanker or a flanker w a note altered or something but otherwise i think it is too much.

I hope TJ MAXX or Marshall's shapes up soon. The last fragrance i bought was a 1 oz. bottle of Davidoff, Hot Water (yep a flanker, lol). Lets just say I got a, umm, very good deal on it. Dont like the scent much though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOpiumJuices View Post
    Same here, I dont know what the heck is going on, plenty of those Beverly Hills Polo Club fragrances, they are really cheap. Also, a lot of crappy, IMO, Calvin Klein fragrances. The only one i liked a lot and bought is CK One Shock. What is with all these CK flankers, many of them smell nothing like CK One, plus there are literally around 30 flankers. I dont like the whole flanker idea, i mean it works if it is a "Sport" flanker or a flanker w a note altered or something but otherwise i think it is too much.

I hope TJ MAXX or Marshall's shapes up soon. The last fragrance i bought was a 1 oz. bottle of Davidoff, Hot Water (yep a flanker, lol). Lets just say I got a, umm, very good deal on it. Dont like the scent much though.

I agree. When I buy a CK they are soon sold/swapped. Own zero ATM.

I'm afraid the great days of scents have passed at these stores, due to my theory on production adjustments. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The Colognnoisseur View Post
    26140282-1622.jpg

Spotted and bought a 50ml bottle of Tommy Hilfiger Freedom (2012) at Marshalls for $10 on clearance.
    Congrats. How does it compare to the older Freedom?
    Licorice candy for breakfast, and another dab of Black Vines by Kerosene. And a spritz of Plum Japonais for Sunday.

I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like

I'm with you, buddy.

I admit I'm prejudiced against any man's fragrance that is named after a professional athlete: Michael Jordan, David Beckham, etc. See a lot of these at the discount stores. Won't buy them. The names I wanna see on a bottle are venerable scent houses: Guerlaine, Creed, Hermes, Davidoff, etc.

This is a great theory. Makes a lot of sense.

Surprisingly, I've seen a lot of Cartier at Marshall's recently. Don't remember pricing, but they had Declaration (and flankers), Roadster, Roadster Sport, Pasha, etc... also saw D&G The One 5 oz for $59.99.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

My local Marshall's has a sad assortment of dreck, and really not that inexpensive compared to full retail.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    My local Marshall's has a sad assortment of dreck, and really not that inexpensive compared to full retail.
    Like a 2.5 OZ Polo Blue for $39.99? Not such a great deal, huh? That's what I've seen lately, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post

Surprisingly, I've seen a lot of Cartier at Marshall's recently. Don't remember pricing, but they had Declaration (and flankers), Roadster, Roadster Sport, Pasha, etc... also saw D&G The One 5 oz for $59.99.
    I've seen those in Atlanta discounters, but not around here. The prices have been way too high and can be easily beaten on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by The Colognnoisseur View Post
    26140282-1622.jpg

Regards,

TC
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen-on-Holiday View Post
    Congrats. How does it compare to the older Freedom?
    I know there were two earlier versions of Freedom -- one for the boys and one for the girls. I know nothing more about the earlier versions so I cannot make a valid comparison. What I can tell you about the latest Freedom for men is that it reminds me of Kenneth Cole Reaction. Both come across as an aquatic citrus to me. Some might consider them to be too similar to own both. I view them to be a back up of the other, and at $10 for this latest 50 ml acquisition, I am glad to have them both in my collection.

Regards,

TC
    Last edited by The Colognnoisseur; 14th July 2014 at 10:06 AM.
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post

Hmm, did you see Cartier, Must de Cartier PH or L'Essence de Must de Cartier PH? I have 2 back up bottles of L'Essence but i would likely pick up a couple if i saw them there.

Hmm, did you see Cartier, Must de Cartier PH or L'Essence de Must de Cartier PH? I have 2 back up bottles of L'Essence but i would likely pick up a couple if i saw them there.
    Sorry, but I really can't say for sure one way or the other... wasn't very interested in the line so I didn't take a very long look... best bet is to check out your local store, or maybe call them if you don't want to make the trip? And like ChuckW said, I don't remember the pricing being very good and jumping out at me.

I briefly smelled Freedom from a set at Marshall's and was very unimpressed by the top notes. Very aquatic smelling, sour citrus vibe going on, reminded me of a bad version of Nautica Voyage, with the calone accord from Bulgari Aqua. I don't even think I'd buy it for 10 bucks.

Now the original Freedom.. that was good stuff, to me anyways.. may be a bit simple, but nostalgic to say the least.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Been seeing a lot of Ed Hardy frags at Marshalls lately. Saw 1 oz bottles of villain for 5.99 (clearance perhaps) and there were variety of others Ed Hardys. Royal Copenhagen Musk (this stuff smells very bad..no offence). Saw Ungaro Man for 14.99, big bottle. Didn't buy it. Is it good?

Went to Ross and Marshalls today in Vegas. Ross didn't have much at all tho I grabbed a Nautica Voyage 100ml for $16. Marshalls selection was about triple the size but seemed overpriced. Passed on CK One Shock I'd been looking for since it was $25. Nothing else stood out to me.

I've been seeing a lot of Marc Jacobs' Bang in T. J. Maxx at $20 for 100 mL. Would have purchased it, but I only liked it and didn't really love it.
    "As perfume doth remain In the folds where it hath lain, So the thought of you, remaining Deeply folded in my brain, Will not leave me: all things leave me: You remain."

-Arthur Symons

Quote Originally Posted by badnaam View Post
    Been seeing a lot of Ed Hardy frags at Marshalls lately. Saw 1 oz bottles of villain for 5.99 (clearance perhaps) and there were variety of others Ed Hardys. Royal Copenhagen Musk (this stuff smells very bad..no offence). Saw Ungaro Man for 14.99, big bottle. Didn't buy it. Is it good?
    I did not like it, very generic and boring IMO.

Smile Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

Okay, I was downtown today and quickly stopped in the Marshall's to see what they were selling. Lately I've been very disappointed with both their selection and the lack of deep discounts one can sometimes find elsewhere.

I note four products I've never tried before - ranging in price from about $14 to $22 : Cerruti 1881; Elizabeth Taylor Passion for Men; CK One Summer and Mambo by Liz Claiborne. Since I'm totally unfamiliar with these I looked up the reviews and the one that was panned most often is Mambo so I won't consider it at all. I like men's scents whether they are citrusy, woody, aquatic, "oriental" (whatever that means), "warm" etc. but I cannot abide synthetic or chemical smelling products. So Mambo is out.

I was surprised that Liz Taylor's Passion got mostly good reviews ... because the packaging and "star" trademark seem so gauche and cheap. I suppose there is room for a powerhouse fragrance. Guys, give me some advice on this one. I don't like patchouli bombs. Should I consider Liz Taylor and the tacky bottle sitting next to my collection of Hermes, Guerlaine, Creed, etc.?

Also I would appreciate some pointers on the two others, CK One Summer (described as a lot of cucumber and watermelon - sounds delicious!) but will sit after summer is over? And, finally, Cerruti 1881 which sounds pleasant, citrusy, lightly floral and very 'old school' like Eau Sauvage and Eau Imperiale - which I like because I'm a late middle-aged guy who dresses conservatively and lives in a 120 year old Victorian home.

Your feedback is most welcome!

I saw Aramis Gentlemen Series Tuscany for $24.99 at Ross. Also saw .5 OZ Varvatos travel spray for $12.99.

Spotted Azzaro Actuer Shaving Cream for $5 at Marshalls. Not a fan of the frag but I bought it for kicks. For a discontinued frag, the cream is surprisingly fresh.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by Kampus Kop View Post
    ...Marshall's...
    I note four products I've never tried before - ranging in price from about $14 to $22 : Cerruti 1881; Elizabeth Taylor Passion for Men; CK One Summer and Mambo by Liz Claiborne.
    Yeah, Mambo is a pass for me, as are most Claiborne frags with the exception of Claiborne Sport, which for $12.99 at discounters is a nice buy for a very natural smelling tomato leaf frag IMO. Not sure if I've ever smelled CK One Summer but I don't own any CKs because I have yet to find one that I like enough. Euphoria is "meh," and the intense version is better, but neither is FBW for me.

I do own Cerruti 1881 and Passion for Men. Both are "likes" for me. Not "loves," but decent buys at those prices if you want to take a stab. From your post I'd say the Cerruti is probably the best bet of those four if you're buying blind. It does have a classy smell, more citrus & floral to me but there is a woody base to it if olfactory memory serves. A bit softer scent than Eau Sauvage.

Passion for Men... my wife likes it on me, other women like it on me, but I don't usually gravitate to the sweeter frags when it comes to satisfying my own nose. There may be some citrus in the top notes but I get a mostly warm spiced vanilla ambery scent with some floral notes mixed in, solidly in the oriental camp. I don't think it's heavy on the patchouli at all. It might be in there, but it's not a main player, at least in the current formulation that I have (bought mine at Ross last year). The juice has decent performance but I wouldn't call it a "powerhouse" as most people would understand the term. Yes, it was released in 1989 but it's not in the typical mold of 1980s powerbomb frags. More "sexy" than "macho." Yes, the bottle sucks, but if you enjoy some frags on the sweeter side then it's a good discount store pickup IMO.

Passion for Men - the bottle is horrid but the scent, IMO is just great stuff. I love the incense oriental vibe. I would definitely score a back up bottle and plan on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post

I do own Cerruti 1881 and Passion for Men. Both are "likes" for me. Not "loves," but decent buys at those prices if you want to take a stab. From your post I'd say the Cerruti is probably the best bet of those four if you're buying blind. It does have a classy smell, more citrus & floral to me but there is a woody base to it if olfactory memory serves. A bit softer scent than Eau Sauvage.

Passion for Men... my wife likes it on me, other women like it on me, but I don't usually gravitate to the sweeter frags when it comes to satisfying my own nose. There may be some citrus in the top notes but I get a mostly warm spiced vanilla ambery scent with some floral notes mixed in, solidly in the oriental camp. I don't think it's heavy on the patchouli at all. It might be in there, but it's not a main player, at least in the current formulation that I have (bought mine at Ross last year). The juice has decent performance but I wouldn't call it a "powerhouse" as most people would understand the term. Yes, it was released in 1989 but it's not in the typical mold of 1980s powerbomb frags. More "sexy" than "macho." Yes, the bottle sucks, but if you enjoy some frags on the sweeter side then it's a good discount store pickup IMO.
    Passion for Men - the bottle is horrid but the scent, IMO is just great stuff. I love the incense oriental vibe. I would definitely score a back up bottle and plan on it.
    Thanks, guys! I appreciate the counsel. I am a rank amateur to the world of men's fragrances and trying to educate myself.

A couple of recent purchases for me include:

Azzaro Chrome 50 ml, TJ Maxx, $29.99
    Dolce & Gabbana The One for Him 50 ml, Ross, $42.99

Mark Jacobs-Bang!

3.4oz 24.99, then mark down to $19.99

TJ MAXX

Spotted but passed on a 3.4 oz bottle of Cerruti Image Harmony (limited edition?) for $12.99 at Marshall's.

Spotted and bought 3.4 oz of Aramis Tuscany Per Uomo for $24.99 at Ross. Now if this was the older version I might have stopped to buy a Powerball ticket on the way home, but alas, it's the new Gentleman's Collection version made in the U.K. Price was still cheaper than anywhere I've seen online. Based on my initial sniffs, I'm going to like the scent quite a lot but the longevity may not be that great. I'll give it a full wearing in the near future.

Wife picked up tommy bahama set sail st Bart's 100 ml for 19.99 at tj maxx. Figure that's decent considering there is no shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    Spotted but passed on a 3.4 oz bottle of Cerruti Image Harmony (limited edition?) for $12.99 at Marshall's.

Spotted and bought 3.4 oz of Aramis Tuscany Per Uomo for $24.99 at Ross. Now if this was the older version I might have stopped to buy a Powerball ticket on the way home, but alas, it's the new Gentleman's Collection version made in the U.K. Price was still cheaper than anywhere I've seen online. Based on my initial sniffs, I'm going to like the scent quite a lot but the longevity may not be that great. I'll give it a full wearing in the near future.
    Damn, I would have bought Harmony for sure. It's on my watchlist from a seller on Ebay, for about 22 bucks shipped, which even that is a good price. Got a sample of this from somebody. Surprisingly a nice limited edition flanker, the smell is kind of stuck in my head, so I will get a bottle in the future.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Marshall's: Deauville Bleu
    Eternity 25th Anniversary Edition ($39.99.....that was fast....is it worth it?)

100ml Marc Jacobs Bang on closeout for $15 at my local TJ's! Seems like a smoking deal for those who like it

Haven't been there in a while but figured I'd see if they had Bang for $20, which they did. Couple of CKs but little else, Beverly Hills Polo Club, Passion and a few others which are usually there anyway.

Perry Ellis m, for ~$20 for the 3.4oz. I hear it is like Chanel Allure Homme with a pronounced cinnamon note. Sounds pretty appealing.

I've seen several Jaguar fragrances at these discount shops - any of those worth checking out?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Marshall's: Deauville Bleu
    Eternity 25th Anniversary Edition ($39.99.....that was fast....is it worth it?)
    Did you buy deauville blue? How was it?

Just got home from TJ MAXX, did not buy but here is what i saw that is worth mentioning:
    1-Cartier, Santos, $59.99
    2-Versace, The Dreamer, 1.7 oz. for $34.99(bad price bought a 100ml bottle at TJ MAXX for $29.99)
    3-Marc Jacobs, Bang around $29.99
    4-a lot of CK scents, CK Free, etc...
    5-Cool Water
    6-Mont Blanc, Legend
    --> Can't remember anymore at this time, will update if i remember anything good.