Code of Conduct

Thread: Wardrobe counts

Default Wardrobe counts

Thanks to Aslan, All the wardrobe counts should be sorted now.

Let me know if anyone still has issues.

On to reviews now. Where's Dumbledore...?

(Is it wrong to imagine you have a staff made out of fantasy fiction characters? A lion could never type)

Default Re: Wardrobe counts

Hi Grant. My wardrobe counts are still off, though it's only been 10 mins. since your post. Not sure if it's time delayed?
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Hello

Currently working on it now, with the assistance of CoL. Thought it was more fixed than it was. Bloody Aslan is rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Thanks to Aslan, All the wardrobe counts should be sorted now.

Let me know if anyone still has issues.
    Count of the "Collection" is correct now, however the "Samples" section is empty while it shouldn't be.

Thanks for all the hard work,
    Jan Pieter
    Jan Pieter

Basenotes Plus

The numbers from "my wardrobe" at top of page and clicking on your own wardrobe icon now match. The 2 perfumes I added yesterday that didn't show up are shown today.

On the negative side, I've added 5 perfumes to "own", 3 to "samples", moved 1 from owned to "use to own" and moved 8 from owned to samples (due to their size). All the numbers stay the same, nothing changes. Also, the ones I moved from owned to samples still show in "owned". All the numbers are the same as they were yesterday and that isn't right. Maybe it just takes time to show the changes.

So sorry to have to mention it, but remember you did ask. Seriously, thank you so much
    for all you do, it's greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 21st November 2010 at 09:21 PM.

It's those damnable big paws... lots of "fatfinger" mistakes ensue!

:-)

Great job and I admire your stick-to-itiveness Grant!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Any better now?

Basenotes Plus

I didn't count them, but everything looks right! Thank you!

Blog Entries

Mine all looks fine now too, thanks Grant!

Just one question; how do l change the comments at the top of each wardrobe list, the bit that used to be headed "settings"?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Any better now?
    Looks good, thanks!

JP
    Jan Pieter

I have the impression that "You own this" and "You own a sample" are now mutually exclusive. Is that by design? For what it's worth, I think both should be applicable with the same scent.
    Jan Pieter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jpkunst View Post
    I have the impression that "You own this" and "You own a sample" are now mutually exclusive. Is that by design? For what it's worth, I think both should be applicable with the same scent.
    For me "you own this" means the full bottle rather than a sample vial or mini. A lot of people asked for this feature & l for one think it's much better having the two separate lists.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    For me "you own this" means the full bottle rather than a sample vial or mini. A lot of people asked for this feature & l for one think it's much better having the two separate lists.
    That's how I understand "You own this" as well; what I mean is the case where you own both a full bottle and a sample vial of the same scent. The wardrobe as it is now cannot reflect that.
    Jan Pieter

The sample list was a quick way of implementing the fact that people didn't know where best to list their samples.

Currently there is no way of also listing that you own two bottles of something (or in some cases 24, CoL). Once all the main bugs are ironed out, this will be something that can be added as well as if you have a proper bottle and a sample.

Having been away for a while, that brand spanking new wardrobe looks great! Must've been a lot of hard work - thanks Grant.

(One question: I tentatively added a fair few fragrances to my samples tab yesterday, and today they've disappeared. Were those victims of some problem-solving coding or is that an actual bug? For that matter, did anyone else notice something along those lines or is it just me?)

EDIT: Never mind the above, they're all back and kicking in my sample tab. Thanks again, Grant!
    Last edited by Morgaine; 22nd November 2010 at 09:59 AM.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

My wardrobe counts are now correct. Thank you!!
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Mine all looks fine now too, thanks Grant!

Just one question; how do l change the comments at the top of each wardrobe list, the bit that used to be headed "settings"?

You can still access/edit the wardrobe 'settings' here: http://www.basenotes.net/oldwardrobe/settings

However, it isn't yet listing the new tabs, such as 'samples'....

Wanted

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    You can still access/edit the wardrobe 'settings' here: http://www.basenotes.net/oldwardrobe/settings

However, it isn't yet listing the new tabs, such as 'samples'....
    Thanks morrison!

Blog Entries

I can't seem to add any text to my "Test" section of the wardrobe, even using the old settings page.

Neither can I 30 Roses- I get the message 'soon!'

Also.....my wardrobe counts are slightly off ('owned' and 'tried'). How about yours?

Wanted

Hi Grant -

Really appreciate all the work you have done for Basenotes!!! I am still having trouble clearing out the numbers for my samples, test and swap pages in wardrobe. Any advice on how to do that?

Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by funraiser18 View Post
    Hi Grant -

Really appreciate all the work you have done for Basenotes!!! I am still having trouble clearing out the numbers for my samples, test and swap pages in wardrobe. Any advice on how to do that?

Thanks so much!
    This took me a LONG time to work out also. Go to the trash tab and clear the fragrances from there and you will be good to go....

Wanted

Thanks! This is something I've really missed and was very happy to find.
    "
    [url=http://www.wheelchairdiscount.com/home.php]power wheelchair[/url]"

This took me a LONG time to work out also. Go to the trash tab and clear the fragrances from there and you will be good to go....
    morrison74 - This was really helpful - thanks. Still having difficulty with one last frag though. Somehow it was entered into wishlist a second time by mistake. I have been able to clear out one, but not the second. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by funraiser18 View Post
    morrison74 - This was really helpful - thanks. Still having difficulty with one last frag though. Somehow it was entered into wishlist a second time by mistake. I have been able to clear out one, but not the second. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    RE:the Lumier Noire fragrance in your wish list. Under the 'wish list tab' in your wardrobe, select the fragrance by putting a tick in the box next to it. Then, from the drop down menu on the same page, select 'delete'. This will delete it from your wish list. But to permanently remove it and to get your count correct again, you will have to go to 'trash', select it again, and then from the drop down menu select 'permanently delete'. That should do it. Let me know if it worked for you....

Wanted

RE:the Lumier Noire fragrance in your wish list. Under the 'wish list tab' in your wardrobe, select the fragrance by putting a tick in the box next to it. Then, from the drop down menu on the same page, select 'delete'. This will delete it from your wish list. But to permanently remove it and to get your count correct again, you will have to go to 'trash', select it again, and then from the drop down menu select 'permanently delete'. That should do it. Let me know if it worked for you....
    morrison74 - Thank you so much. You got it man. I followed your instructions. It actually deleted both - from wish list and collection. But then I re-added to collection Problem solved. I am responding here in case others have similar issues. Thanks again!

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I wonder about the "Most Worn" feature, how many fragrances should it show? I think it used to list my top 5, but now I can only see the top 2. Is that how its supposed to be, or a glitch?

I have the same problem, but there's only ever been one frag listed for me.

If the new Sort By feature in the wardrobe included 'Wears' and perhaps even 'Last Worn' then the Most Worn feature wouldn't really be necessary.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

(Is it wrong to imagine you have a staff made out of fantasy fiction characters? A lion could never type)
    We talked it over and decided to Let You Play The Lion Grant.

And, on topic, thanks, my wardrobe count is correct.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon