Code of Conduct

Default Is it possible to "refill" a bottle?

I've been wondering, let's say i have a regular retail bottle with a CRIMPED on cap and an atomizer. Is it possible to somehow "refill" the bottle? any ideas?

for example, I have a large decant and want to add it to my half used bottle, can it be done? Maybe with a needle+syringe?
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Default Re: Is it possible to "refill" a bottle?

With the crimped tops, I wouldn't want to risk damage and/or loosen the seal and deal with evaporation. I understand not wanting wardrobe redundancy, but it might be best just to hurry up and use the decant up so the bottle can stand alone in its glory!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Default Re: Is it possible to "refill" a bottle?

Ive done it a few times with the cheaper frags like Old Spice - OS Signature. I accidentally bought the aftershave type bottle without the spray head. I pried off the spray top from an empty OS bottle and used pliers to remove the inner plastic seal then filled the bottle. I then laid a thin bead of hot glue around the top perimeter and replaced the components. I don't see this working on more expensive bottles, I'm looking over my expensive bottles right now and don't see a way to properly reseal them after a refill using the "attack" and rip open method. If the bottle has an old-school atomizer then you should be able to just unscrew the top and possible unscrew a barrel enclosing an interior cylinder. After refilling replacing these items properly and securely should reseal the bottle.
    My Current Fav List
    ---------
    1. Burberry - London
    2. Bvlgari - Man
    3. Bvlgari - AQVA pour Homme
    4. Gucci - Pour Homme II
    5. Creed - Green Irish Tweed
    6. John Varvatos - John Varvatos
    7. Burberry - Touch
    8. Versace - Pour Homme
    9. Armani - Code
    10. Jean Paul Gaultier - LE MALE