Code of Conduct

Default Any fans of Aveda Men Pure-Formance?

I saw this at the aveda store few days ago.
    Its pretty good. Its a spicy lemon/woodsy leather.

Im thinking of picking up a bottle.

what do yall think?
    Instagram: Jeweats
    Currently wearing: Rêve en Cuir by Indult

Default Re: Any fans of Aveda Men Pure-Formance?

I tried it a while back while and rather liked it myself.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I like it a lot!

I love the shampoo, conditioner and hair scrub/exfoliant - I believe Aveda uses all natural oils. I'll have to try the EdT!

this is a very long lasting cologne due the natural oils used. it is a little pricy for the size.

This is good stuff and I do get complements when I wear it. I find it relaxing. Very much a "spa" scent.

I like it, simple and fresh. I actually prefer some of their Chakra, though they last a little less. Like Luca Turin, my favorite is number 7.

cacio

I'm a fan - I like the company's green ethos.

I have used the shampoo for years and I also liked the original little Chakra bottles - still have 'Intuition'.

The Aveda Men Pure-Formance is a really nice, natural scent, quite unique IMO.

I posted a thread similar to this a couple of years ago...I dont remember anyone speaking up.
    It is really a great fragrance. Unique with great sillage and longevity. I cant help but think that this would get a ton of love if it was made by Malle, Le Labo, Creed, etc. If you have the chance, sample this juice. It really is great.

Blog Entries

I used to hate it when I first started getting into fragrances, but now it's one of my top favorites. I think because I became partial to the men's hair care line I liked the scent so much. The men's soap bar is also really nice.....smells like the cologne.

Yes, it is very pricey for the size, though. However I love natural-smelling fragrances (that are pulled off successfully) like Aveda or Clarins Eau Dynamisante.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

never smelled it. Is this the one that has some similarities to Rive Gauche Pour Homme? Back when RGPH came out and I started wearing it and getting compliments, more than a few people asked me if I was wearing an Aveda fragrance. Which Aveda fragrance would they be mistaking it for?

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    this is a very long lasting cologne due the natural oils used. it is a little pricy for the size.
    It can be found on ebay for 50 bucks for 50ml...not terrible and worth every scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    never smelled it. Is this the one that has some similarities to Rive Gauche Pour Homme? Back when RGPH came out and I started wearing it and getting compliments, more than a few people asked me if I was wearing an Aveda fragrance. Which Aveda fragrance would they be mistaking it for?
    Pure-Fume Tonic seemed like a possible match

I really enjoy this scent. Reminds me a bit of Fou D'Absinthe.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Used the shampoo once and liked it.

If not now, when?

I just got a bottle and I'm giving it a full wearing today - very nice. It's sort of a holistic version of a Bay Rum scent - with a whiff on animalic amber (or some other resin) lurking underneath the surface. This is probably the most tenacious Aveda scent I've ever encountered (although I must admit I doused myself with it). Also the spice accord is not that typical mad-kitchen-herbs-on-steroids but it has a more ancient, natural smell to it. If I had to compare it to anything I've smelled before it would be the Aesop scents, Mystra and Marrakech - although the Aveda is a bit more gentle.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Dependent

I don't get "leather" but I do like it. It's on my to buy list. Love how green and unsweet it is. Terrific.

Yes, I'm a fan. I also like the older version, Aveda Men. Two very good spa-like fragrances. Lots of compliments when I wear them.

This is one of my favorites, definitely in my top ten. As MonkeyBars says, no sweetness in it, and Mike's "ancient and natural" description is right on. I get a strong fresh fennel vibe from it actually, albeit with a lot of other notes as well. I like the fresh, bright edge it maintains all through the drydown.

I can see how some might call this leathery because in its own way as it dries down it does remind me of the smell of new leather shoes or a new car interior, but I can't say exactly what causes that. (maybe there's a type of oud in it? Kind of smells like it to me)
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

If not now, when?

Quote Originally Posted by arlecchino View Post
    ...I get a strong fresh fennel vibe from it actually, albeit with a lot of other notes as well...

...as it dries down it does remind me of the smell of new leather shoes or a new car interior, but I can't say exactly what causes that. (maybe there's a type of oud in it? Kind of smells like it to me)
    Fresh fennel? Hmm...I eat fresh fennel a lot and I sort of missed that when I smelled it this morning, I'm going to see if I detect it next time I spray some on. I love that fresh fennel smell, and in my high hopes I always wanted to find a scent that had a realistic fennel accord.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean about the oud-ish accord. That's what I meant, when I described it as animalic. There is another fragrance I own that smells exactly like this, but it's much more spicy and sweet (Smoked Amber by D.S. & Durga). The Aveda excels in its non-sweetness, making this phantom-oud note actually welcome rather than cloying like in the DS&D.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle