Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: First fragrance (gourmand)?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Le Male

14 35.00%
  • Le Male Terrible

5 12.50%
  • A*Men

21 52.50%

Exclamation HELP! FIRST fragrance. Le Male vs Le Male Terrible vs A*Men

I'm basically choosing between these three since, these are the only available gourmands where I'm from that I like. I'm getting one of these for Christmas (i can only buy one cause im still a student therefore, my budget is limited). Which one should I pick? Thanks!!!

Default Re: HELP! FIRST fragrance. Le Male vs Le Male Terrible vs A*Men

Uhm.. I guess Le Male. It's a nice fragrance, but so popular. The only reason I have it is because I took my friends advice. It's nice enough, but I don't really wear it very often.

I vote Other
    ôLove is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.ö
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

go with Le Male. Easily. Just get Le Male.

Dont worry about how "popular" it is. Ive never smelled this one another guy in my life besides one of my friends, and i go out alot.

Le male le male le male!

Le Male +1. Never tried Terrible, dont think its out in the U.S. and lots of websites dont even have it yet except ebay, amazon, etc. And I hate Thierry Mugler's fragrances. =]
    Daniel + Jonny + Neurosis = The 3 BFF Amigos <3

I vote Le Male as well: lavender, clean vanilla, with a slight laundry soapiness to my nose which I think is very sexy.

You MUST try A*Men as well though, if you can get a sample so much the better. It is SO different to anything else and has a bravery in its chocolate-mint-strange composition that you might absolutely love.

Both have impressive projection and sillage so you'll get a lot of long wear out of whichever you choose. Try first! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by 577Nitroexp View Post
    That's a hard one, of the guys I've thought might be gay, they tend to reach for stuff like Le Male
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/264...=1#post1995650

If you like a harsh synthetic vanilla toothpaste ish top with a decent vanilla drydown get le male or wise I'd stick with A men.
    Looking to purchase - Aventus any size or participate in a split

Sur la Plage

A*Men. Period.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I voted on Terrible.

This is a Le Male better composed. Less sweet, more spicy peppery.

On me the longevity is short than Le Male traditional, but on other people looks like is the same of old one.
    Give it a try!

I think they're all rather vile, but if someone put a gun to my head, I'd go with Le Male.

Sebastian , keep visiting the stores and keep trying all 3 then chose which you prefer the best

The more ppl will try Terrible the more this poll will change, but I vote Le Male

Le Male

Le Male
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

had a chance to try Le Male at the mall today. hmmm.. was a little too "nice" smelling. Personality-wise i'm more of a bad boy than a nice guy. I was able to try Terrible a couple weeks back and it smells like a darker version le male. Looks like im gonna have to pick between A*Men and terrible. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Blog Entries

A*Men will leave a lasting impression, simple as that. Le Male will be "ooohh that smells very nice!", but nothing truly memorable. A*Men is more raw and up front. If you're a person who wears their heart on their sleeve, is friendly, and has a sweet side, A*Men is your fragrance. I've never smelled anyone else with A*Men on, probably because the top can raze cities upon first smelling it, so if uniqueness is your goal, A*Men wins there as well. I find Le Male to be very, very casual, about as serious as walking into a business meeting in a Speedo. Not to say A*Men is the most romantic thing out there, but in my opinion, it is way more sensual.

The main thing they both share is vanilla. Le Male's vanilla is sweet, but at the same time it's flowery and powdery. I find it slightly raunchy until about 8 hours into the drydown, when it's just amber and vanilla. But at that point it smells extremely generic and boring. A*Men's vanilla takes the cake, atleast for me. It's very, very sweet, its like opening a bottle of cooking vanilla (it IS bourbon vanilla after all!). The blend of patchouli and vanilla is perfect: it creates a chocolate note for awhile. Its delicious, sensual, mysterious, addicting. The plus is it stays this way almost the entire drydown, and even when it fades its still great.

I voted A*Men, but the most wearable gourmandish fragrance I've encountered has been Givenchy Play Intense. I reach for that more often than A*Men, A*Men Pure Malt, Rochas Man, and Musc Ravageur out of my collection.

I think A*men is the better fragrance, but for versatilely, Le Male can be worn on more occasions.

fountain

le male, definitely. it's smooth, very well crafted, and holds on for ages.

I've tried all three.

Le Male -- Every time I wear it my female friends would say, "Mmmm, smells good!" And I'd say, "Thanks." And then they would say, "Oh, that's you? It smells feminine."

Le Male Terrible -- More intense top notes, smoother vanilla middle and base notes, and only lasts 5-6 hours on my skin.

A*Men -- First time I tried this, I double sprayed it on my arm and thought that the patchouli middle and base notes were too much for me. Then, I tried it for the second time one week ago (this time, only one spray on my chest and one on the back of my neck), and I found the patchouli note to be just right and non-offensive. So, with this scent -- less is definitely more. It also lasts 24+ hours on my skin. I actually just bought a bottle of this yesterday.

angel men, more unique. le male is not bad but too recognizable.

DeepSilence

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    angel men, more unique. le male is not bad but too recognizable.

Agree.
    But last time that someone tried to recognize A*Men on me, told me "it's Joop!" !!

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Pure Malt or DIE!!!