Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Tubereuse Criminelle & Longevity

When people speak of Tubereuse Criminelle they speak of big sillage and epic longevity, however my experience is that it doesn't last very long at all. Does anybody else find the longevity to be weak?

I am dabbing from a small sample, which could affect the longevity. Is it better sprayed?
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Default Re: Tubereuse Criminelle & Longevity

I decant it into an atomiser and spray it, and I usually use 2-3 sprays. I too find the sillage and longevity to be average on me. To me TC is quite delicate. I guess it comes down to body chemistry. It could be I just can't detect it after a while even though it's still there. Perhaps we respond to and therefore notice certain notes or combination to different degrees.

I have a decant in roller ball version and it lasts a good six hours on me and great sillage too. But my skin does hold on to fragrance anyway as the norm.
    DONNA

The decant I had was a roll-on from TPC and I dabbed it. Lasted all day and into the next morning. I wonder if it has been tweaked, as my decant was about 2 years-old and who knows how old it was when I received it.
    A glorious scent, and would love for it to be available in the U.S, but I'm now concerned the juice has been tweaked.

Didn't Lutens say that all of his perfumes are reformulated every couple of years?

Blog Entries

l found that all of the Lutens scents l've tried have little projection & poor longevity on my skin, even Ambre Sultan! lt's put me off trying any more.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

Tubereuse Criminelle doesn't seem to project on my skin either and I don't think it goes well with my skin chemistry- I get mostly gasoline and a little tuberose, not much else.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I love TC as it was the first scent that helped me appreciate Tuberose (I don't care for Fracas). However, after hanging in there through the kerosene/gasoline/hellfire opening to get to the most velvety tuberose, it disappears down to a whisper within half an hour, then it's gone. But, still I love it, so I just keep reapplying it.

I don't get much longevity from TC either. I think the insanely intense opening notes give the impression of it lasting longer than it does for some.

While Tubereuse Criminelle does have a very steep diminishing sillage curve towards the drydown ( it starts out huge but within twenty minutes is quite moderate ), I certainly don't find it short-lived. My decant is a couple years old now, so I'm hoping there hasn't been a big reformulation.

That being said, TC's most interesting notes are the top: the base is a fairly ''normal'' musky tuberose that might disappoint some. I try to keep the top notes going for longer by getting some on my clothes as well; spraying under the shirt works very well with TC.

I let the Serge Lutens sa in House of Fraser smell my decant. From the roller ball she said "That is Vicks Cough Mixture!" LOL Then sniffed it on my wrist which had been applied about 30 minutes before and it was more pleasant to her.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

I have found that it has better longevity now that I spray it, it still isn't a loud fragrance. TC has surpassed Carnal Flower as my favourite Tuberose.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I find, like most of you, that T C is very evolving - from the addictive mentholized opening to the calm and warm drydown. On me the scent lingers for a very long time, at least ten hours, and the extended drydown might be my favourute part. Which means a lot as I love the opening!

It might be my skin that enhances tuberose though. I just got a partial bottle of XPEC Original in which I clearly smell the tuberose too which most don´t seem to do. This is my second best tuberose now!
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Gasoline is an interesting way to put it. Hadn't thought of that before.

I don't especially like Tubereuse Criminelle. To me it smells like a hardened bar skank chewing Doublemint gum.

And the top notes fade away pretty quickly on me too. The base lasts forever, but it's really faint.
    http://www.scentsate.com/

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreMiasma View Post
    I don't especially like Tubereuse Criminelle. To me it smells like a hardened bar skank chewing Doublemint gum.
    *adds to favorite TC descriptions*