Code of Conduct

Default Youtube Review Thread #85 : Himalaya by Creed : Versatile/Signature Scent but not for me

What a great looking presentation don't you think ? Beautiful bottle & box. On to the juice, this was my very first niche fragrance, I bought it blind and took a leap of faith. This one is really for someone who likes safe fragrances and wants a little more quality since you can smell the quality in this fragrance. Great versatile scent, great for a signature scent. Some people when they shop for niche they want a nice safe scent they can use all the time, I think this one would be for you. I like my niche scents to stand out a little more then what Himalaya gave me. Great stuff but I'll look elsewhere.

My very own blog : http://thefragranceguru.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Youtube Review Thread #85 : Himalaya by Creed : Versatile/Signature Scent but not for me

Do more niche!!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Youtube Review Thread #85 : Himalaya by Creed : Versatile/Signature Scent but not for me

Yes more niche! I like watching your reviews, probably my favorite out of all the youtube reviewers. You and JRWriter. I have Himalaya - it was my first CREED purchase. I often forget about owning it due to having more complex and unique offerings from CREED and Bond. It just doesn't really "stand out" which can be good, but not for 200 bucks a pop.
    Everyone is somebody's weirdo.

You do great on your reviews. Himalaya was one of the first Creeds I ever tested. At first I liked it but by the 2nd and 3rd wearing that "dirty comb" drydown became so overpowering that I couldn't take it. In fact I even get a little of that from GIT's "near" drydown before it becomes smoother. I just wouldn't buy it. I agree that it is "meh.'
    Last edited by ToughCool; 23rd November 2010 at 06:09 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by md1grwl View Post
    Do more niche!!!
    lol more & more niche will be coming out, I only started purchasing niche fragrances a year ago, and usually I take a good year before I do reviews on bottles I purchase. You should see some on Heeley, Artisan, Amouage, By Kilian , Different Company, Le Labo etc... in 2011. Thanks for watching
    My very own blog : http://thefragranceguru.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    You do great on your reviews. Himalaya was one of the first Creeds I ever tested. At first I liked it but by the 2nd and 3rd wearing that "dirty comb" drydown became so overpowering that I couldn't take it. In fact I even get a little of that from GIT's "near" drydown before it becomes smoother. I just wouldn't buy it. I agree that it is "meh.'
    YES! Thank you for the "dirty comb" comparo. I now know why Himalaya smells so familiar - it smells like Aqua Net hairspray from the 80's.
    Everyone is somebody's weirdo.

I got this about a week after it first came out at the Creed boutique in Paris, and although I understand some of the negativity toward this scent, my opinion has remained positive about this one.