Code of Conduct
    Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Suggestions for scents close to Chypre Rouge and/or Fille En Aiguilles

Both I really love, and in view of Chypre Rouge's impending discontinuation(?), I'd like to know if there are scents designer or niche, that closely resembles these pine scents. I can live with just both, but what's the fun in that (?). If you have the time to go through my "tried list", it may help to narrow down to suggestions that I haven't already tried. Then again, if there are scents that you think I need to re-try, just shoot anyway!

Thanks for your time folks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need Suggestions for scents close to Chypre Rouge and/or Fille En Aiguilles

Chypre Rouge is one of my favorite lutens too, and i haven`t found any other similar yet.
    For Fille En Aiguilles, you could try Wazamba from Parfum d'Empire. Is close to Fille, but it seems more dry, focused on pine.
    If you have some friend that lives in Europe, Chypre Rouge was moved to the exclusive line. So it got more expensive and hard to get, but not discontinued.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need Suggestions for scents close to Chypre Rouge and/or Fille En Aiguilles

^ Hey thanks for clarifying the Chypre Rouge issue. So it is only in Bell Jars now or like the limited edition spray bottles like Santal de Mysore that funnily costs more than the bell jar? Oh yes, Wazamba, you reminded me, Moltening was telling me I should try that a few months ago, when I asked him, something about apple inside there somewhere was it? I'll be bumping Wazamba to the top of my to-try list. Thanks Rickbr! And congrats on your 1000th post, sorry belated wishes. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

For Chypre Rouge, give Parfums de Nicolai's Vie de Chateau a try. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Marlen says "Oakmoss, grass, leather and hay. This is sweeter than you might expect. Reminiscent of Crown's Sandringham. Perfect for cooler weather." of Vie de Chateau. I quite trust his reviews, so I might give that Crown's a try as well. Added both to to-test. Thanks Oaksbluff.

Cotton Club by JA

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

^ I'll *try* to seek that one out, thanks, Hednic.

Would Ody the Green Master have anything in mind? Or Redneck.... guys? :-)

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried Aqua Allegoria Winter Delice?

Chypre rouge is not actually in the bell jar collection, it's still available at standart haute concentration price on the site, but it should soon or later go to the excusive bell jar collection (but you'll find on ebay for time).
    I don't know equivalent of Chypre rouge, sorry.

I've never tried CR, but of the pine frags I've tried, my favorite, by far, is Green Jeans.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Not yet, Mike. Noting this down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon-Petit View Post
    Chypre rouge is not actually in the bell jar collection, it's still available at standart haute concentration price on the site, but it should soon or later go to the excusive bell jar collection (but you'll find on ebay for time).
    Thanks for clarifying. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I've never tried CR, but of the pine frags I've tried, my favorite, by far, is Green Jeans.
    I'll track this down. Discontinued is it? Used to see so much of it at discounters.

Post Thanks / Like

Similar to Fille en Aiguilles, try Avignon by Commes des Garcons or Messe de Minuit by Etro

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried it - hopefully I'm not hijacking the thread. Winter Delices was discontinued and is extremely difficult to find now, which is tragic because it evokes the holidays better than many fragrances I've experienced in the same vein. I've not tried Chypre Rouge, though I did try Douce Amere and wonder why it was moved to the non-export line instead of.. say.. Santal Blanc.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you like Fille en Anguilles, you've got to try the new L'Artisan Parfumeur Coeur de Vetyver Sacre. They share the same fruit note, but the L'Artisan is more vetiver instead of the pine in the Lutens.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    If you like Fille en Anguilles, you've got to try the new L'Artisan Parfumeur Coeur de Vetyver Sacre. They share the same fruit note, but the L'Artisan is more vetiver instead of the pine in the Lutens.
    I don`t get similarties between Coeur de Vetiver Sacre and Fille en Aguilles. Coeur is more about a spicy notes, smoky vetiver, and leather to me, and something of a exotic tea note. Couldn`t guet fruity notes or something that could link it to Fille en Aiguilles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    I've tried it - hopefully I'm not hijacking the thread. Winter Delices was discontinued and is extremely difficult to find now, which is tragic because it evokes the holidays better than many fragrances I've experienced in the same vein. I've not tried Chypre Rouge, though I did try Douce Amere and wonder why it was moved to the non-export line instead of.. say.. Santal Blanc.
    The news initially pointed Santal Blanc as a fragrance which would be moved to the non-export line, but for some reason they decided to do it with Douce Amere. Maybe Santal Blanc sells more? Don`t know. Douce amere is really delicious. There`s a keiko mecheri fragrance which is a green, less sweet, twin of Douce Amere. Is Paname. You may find it in the older bottle for a discounted price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mon-Petit View Post
    I thought it was already in the bell jar collection, but then i looked at the website and saw that it isn`t still there. I`m just curious to see if they`ll reformulate it after it joins the non-export line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Comme des Garçons Zagorsk, mayhaps. Pine and incense.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Nice responses, I've not tried most of them, great, this is productive, my to-try list is fattening. Thank you, all.

I love Chypre Rouge, it's one of my favourite fragrances. FeA is just a nice one to me.

I don't smell that much pine in CR - it is very very subtle note in there. To me it is more about fruits, immortelle, spice, jasmine and very sweet honeyed moss.
    FeA has obviously much clearer pine needle shade to it, especially at the beginng. (As it dries down vetiver and incense are coming to play more and more strongly)

Anyway, I concur with the recommendations for Winter Delice and Wazamba. Being somewhat familiar with your tastes, I really would be surprised if you didn't like, if not even love, that scent by Parfum d'Empire. You really should try it out.