Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte

Recieved a sample of Eau d'Orange Verte from Hermes. I get no longevity. Does anyone get good longevity with this?
    Everyone is somebody's weirdo.

Default Re: Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte

Only thing in EDOV with longevity is the natural Oakmoss.....everything else disappears in an hour or so on skin. Try a huge application on fabric.

Sur la Plage

No.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

I think I'll stick with TdH.
    Everyone is somebody's weirdo.

It is an eau, in EDC concentration (Eau de Cologne). It is not supposed to last long and it doesn't last long. I think the range of products includes a huge "family bottle" format (400 ml) to be splashed liberally.

I don't know how big was your sample but I wish Hermès would release free 10 ml samples (for 2 applications).

Like with most citrus scents, any attempt to create a more concentrated version often results in a significantly different scent. Go for the Concentré instead, it is very good.
    Last edited by Reminiscent; 23rd November 2010 at 03:54 PM.

No. This is just an eau de cologne. If you really love the smell, you can get the Concentre D'Orange Verte. It's an Eau de toilette. Stays longer.

It will be impossible to get truly 'good' longevity from Eau d'Orange Verte. A very generous application gives me average longevity, with fairly low sillage. Still love it though. If you buy it, make sure you get at least 200ml. Hermes do a nice set that includes the 200ml bottle, a 50ml refillable atomiser and a collapsible funnel. If I was buying it again, that's what I would get - frequent reapplication is the answer.
    Last edited by StewartGallacher; 24th November 2010 at 04:44 PM.

The top notes are ephemeral. The oakmoss base is detectable for a good while, but very close to the skin. People don't seem to tune into (or able to detect) the base, or are disappointed that the citrus doesn't last.

While I find the opening to be quite pleasant, for me it is trumped by other citrus options that have better longevity.

Huge application, or go for Terre d'Hermes which also smells better in my opinion.

It's a good scent. But what a pity, it dies after about 2 hours.

I had the same problem at first, then it seemed to last a bit better. The sillage is minimal, which contributes to the appearance of very poor longevity. Five sprays: inside elbows, behind each ear and one on the chest usually works decently for me. I've tried both the regular and Concentree versions with the same results. It's just not a potent brew, unfortunately.

Agree it's a great scent. Have to apply a lot to have it last.

No, if the fragrance notes would not sufficiently make up for its longevity (which they do, because I love the "green orange" note) I would have never liked this frag so much, as I do

One of my top five,
    I will spray right after I dry off form showering,a bunch. Then again,on top of the first application, right before I leave the house. That two stager seems to help on me.

akdeluxe

A beautiful but ephemeral fragrance.

Blog Entries

Its a joke with longevity, its straight top notes.

It is a beautiful scent! Does it remind anyone of Chanel's Cristalle?
    Last edited by cannotavoidtrite; 24th November 2010 at 06:44 AM.

I like the light patchouli deep in the drydown
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

No...it's a shame too, b/c I liked it. But I can't justify buying something that only last half an hour on me.

Cocentree and the regular EDC dont have good longevity and sillage....for to wear it in home and nothing else.
    TDH is 100 times better.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------