Code of Conduct

Default Joop Jump vs Cool Water vs 1 million

Ok I don't really know anything about fragrances, so this probably sounds like a stupid question. I'd like to know which of the 3 fragrances you prefer. Joop jump and Cool Water are at £25; whilst 1 million is £38.50. Which of the three should I go for? ... or make your own recommendation if you like. I don't really want to spend more than £35 though to be totally honest.

Thank you!

Default Re: Joop Jump vs Cool Water vs 1 million

depends on you cool water is ok jump and 1 million are excellent i personally would go for jump

Thank you for sharing your opinion Hopefully get some more opinions!

Thanks!

again id recommend joop jump simple beacue of three factors; its inoffensive, imo smells better than cool water( cool water is not bad at all) and lastly is not as popular and overused as one million is where i live( london)

I am not a fan of Cool Water, but I have never tried the other two. I should probably try Cool Water agin because everybody else seems to like it. I really would like to try 1 Million.

Blog Entries

Joop! Jump.

It's better than both of them, but extremely appealing and a good fresh scent. 1 Million is quite fruity-sweet - Jump actually smells masculine.

Cool Water is, well, Cool Water.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

joop jump although I've never tested it. 1 million is too much for me, and cool water is, well cool water.
    Looking to purchase - Aventus any size or participate in a split

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ctran019 View Post
    ....and cool water is, well cool water.
    Someone's on the same page as me haha
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

I didn't find find many reviews on Joop! Jump on this website so wasn't too sure. Ok, so seems Joop! Jump is winning so far!

@ Smithy: Where do you get your fragrances from? Fragrance Direct seem to have some good offers at the moment, I've used them once before. I used ebay recently to purchase Paco Rabanne's 1 million and turned out it was a fake :O

Adding a few more to the list:

Calvin Klein CK One Eau de Toilette Spray 200ml
    Calvin Klein CK Be Eau de Toilette Spray 200ml
    Joop Homme Eau de Toilette Spray 125ml
    Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Summer 2010 EDT Spray 125ml

If anyone from the UK who uses fragrance direct has any other recommendations (up to £35) please let me know

Sur la Plage

Dior Homme
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eildor View Post
    @ Smithy: Where do you get your fragrances from? Fragrance Direct seem to have some good offers at the moment, I've used them once before. I used ebay recently to purchase Paco Rabanne's 1 million and turned out it was a fake :O
    Generally i use two places; cheapsmells.com - great website is generally cheaper than anywhere else minus special offers and deals etc and the second site is Ebay and u just gotta weigh things up and think is it too good to be true tbh for ive brought 6 from ebay recently none are fake; 2 were testers and two were used around 90% left in both

Ok cheers mate I'll check it out.

Uhm, I've had a think about what I'm looking for. I'm not trying to attract girls, just want something which is... iunno... sensible? Professional? But I do want something which others will notice and lasts long (say, 6 hours). Is Joop! Jump still the one to go for? I'm looking for my "signature scent" I suppose; so something I can use day in and day out.

Thanks once again

Despite what others have posted here, I think I'll recommend Cool Water nevertheless. Yeah it's the most popular fragrance of the last 20 years, but it's also professional, noticeable, long-lasting, and affordable. Also, it smells really good (which is a large part of why it's been so successful). In essence, it meets all of the OP's qualifications.

If you want professional, neither Joop Jump nor 1 Million will get it done. I mean, you can buy those too, and each will be great for your life outside work. Wear Jump on the weekends to mix things up, and 1 Million when you go out at night.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

I beg to differ i could see Joop jump as professional yet "fun"

Thanks for the input guys I think I'm going to go for Cool Water... I'll see how it goes; perhaps I'll get Jump too in the near future.

Thanks again,

Eildor

Jump is not professional but it is a great olfactory experience, one of my all-time favorites

Cheers guys. Got my bottle of cool water today

hope you enjoy it!

Definitely avoid cool water, because everyone has it and well... its just not that great of a fragrance. I would probably go with joop jump, but 1 million is a great spicy, woody scent.

I don't think CW is THAT popular, but I live in the UK so perhaps that's why.

Compared to fragrances like 1 million yes I suppose it is a little boring... but they are two completely different scents meant for different occasions.

I'll experiment with both of them and see which one I prefer. I have to admit that I do enjoy the freshness of CW though, it's something you could wear everyday.

I personally prefer 1 million, very very unique.

Joop Jump is one of my best buys in 2010. But then again I tend to like all Joop frags.

I seem to like CW more and more every time I wear it A few things I don't like about it... the spray mechanism and the amount it sprays. The spray cap thing moves around so you end up spraying yourself in the eye And it sprays quite a lot of juice from what I can see... the 125ml bottle probably isn't going to last me as long as I'd like. It's on offer at the moment for £24.99... so not sure if I'd want to pay full whack for it which is anywhere between £35 - £50! I don't think the lasting time is all that great, but maybe that's just me.

Where do you guys spray your CW?

I think you may find it hard to over spray Cw tbh, and where did you find cool water for £25 may i ask?

Fragrance Direct have it for £25 at the moment. They have quite a few good offers at the moment (Christmas savings I guess).

Here you go.

You can also use a discount code plus cash back. This is the second time I've used them, seem ok to me.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Dior Homme
    I like this guy's reponse =]]]
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Bit too expensive for me

Of Cool Water and 1 Million, I prefer 1 Million.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Of Cool Water and 1 Million, I prefer 1 Million.
    1 Million was the first fragrance I purchased, and I liked it at the time. A week later I purchased Cool Water and at first I thought it was rather boring compared to 1 Million. After wearing Cool Water for a while I decided that -surprisingly- I seem to prefer Cool Water. 1 Million just seems very feminine to me and I don't think I could wear it all the time.

I only wish that Cool Water had the longevity and projection that 1 million has! Sadly, Cool Water doesn't seem to last very long on me even though each spray of it is a monster of a spray compared to 1 Million!