Code of Conduct

Default Am i the only one that doesnt get amazing projection/longevity with Pure Malt?

Everyone talks about how this is a bomb, but on my skin, not so much. Not that it has bad projection or longevity. The projection is good and the longevity is about 8 hours on my skin.

Am i the only one?

Default Re: Am i the only one that doesnt get amazing projection/longevity with Pure Malt?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    Everyone talks about how this is a bomb, but on my skin, not so much. Not that it has bad projection or longevity. The projection is good and the longevity is about 8 hours on my skin.

Am i the only one?
    I guess it is all in your personal definition of a bomb. I would consider 8 hours of good projection and longevity very good. I don't get 8 strong hours out of many of my fragrances. There are a few powerhouse frags that I can't seem to scrub off, Pure Malt is not that strong, but I find it lingers longer than Pure Coffee or Amen on my skin.

Default Re: Am i the only one that doesnt get amazing projection/longevity with Pure Malt?

No you're not. I find pure malt to be an over-rated wimp. It's pretty much angel men extra light, with a little bit of a boozy opening. Lasts 4-6 hours on me, though stays close to the skin after the first 10 minutes.

Im waiting for this to drop from your top 5. Bond 9 New Haarlem will do it!
    Daniel + Jonny + Neurosis = The 3 BFF Amigos <3

Post Thanks / Like

I also agree. Getting 4-6 hours of longevity with "ok" sillage then sticks to the skin for the rest of it's life. Overrated, good thing I only bought one bottle.
    Looking to purchase - Aventus any size or participate in a split

Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    Im waiting for this to drop from your top 5. Bond 9 New Haarlem will do it!
    lol dont worry it will. by the end of the weekend ill have three new bottles. i already have one of them. im just waiting to wear all three of them for a couple days to know exactly what i want on my list

Post Thanks / Like

If you think that Pure Malt is short on longevity and projection... what about Rochas Man? for me, rochas man is no more than a skin scent with poor longevity, same as Burberry London... it's all related to body chemistry or self perception.

im not neccesarily saying the projection and longeivty is bad, but im just saying its not like angel men or le male on my skin.

I like the fact that something like Rochas is a skin scent and is close to the skin. Perfect for cuddling. same with london

Post Thanks / Like

Scents close to the skin and perfect for cuddling? doesn't make sense for me, since projection is not a problem for that matter.

Are you saying that A*men or Pure Malt are not valid for cuddling? if the aroma is equally good or better, it's even better if it projects. For me, Rochas Man is a similar aroma of what you find in A*Men drydown but with poor longevity and projection. That's what I felt when tested Prada pour Homme: it's A*men after 6 hours.
    For skin scents there are much cheaper options than designers or niche edt's

fountain

you're not. i'd never buy it for it does not hold on, simply.

You are not the only one, after about an hour or two it gets very close to the skin on me, and the smell is very inconsistent. Somedays it smells wonderful like pumpkin spice, and other days it smells like disgusting rubber. It actually smells better on warmer days than colder days, and only on warmer days (60-75 degrees) does the longevity and projection lives up to the hype. I use my Pure Malt for everyday fall/winter office wear because the power is short lived after an hour, and it has a pleasant enough smell that most will find it atleast tolerable. I've gotten a few compliments in the office already this year, but in the morning when it was still projecting.

fountain

[off topic] i forgot to say, it's an uninspired scent, imho.

Post Thanks / Like

It's official, Let the Pure Malt bashing begin
    Looking to purchase - Aventus any size or participate in a split

Post Thanks / Like

I can smell it in almost every breath in the 1st hour. Then regular wafts for about 4-5 hours. And then it stays close to the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by ctran019 View Post
    It's official, Let the Pure Malt bashing begin
    What are you, thought police?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ctran019 View Post
    it's official, let the pure malt bashing begin
    LMAO

Youre getting too demanding Johnny, 8 hours isnt enough?

Just Kidding bro!
    To me 8 hours i consider a monster sillage and lasting!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Right there with you Jonny, it did not impress me...at first Same thing happened with A*Men actually. I used it expecting thermonuclear projection throughout...needless to say I was VERY disappointed. I realized it was that damn olfactory fatigue every talked about. I wore Pure Malt last night, put two sprays on at 6PM. It's now 11AM and I can still smell it coming from under my shirt. I woke up smelling it too, which is the best way to wake up IMO haha.

Try Tobacco Vanille if you want insane projection and longevity. If you dropped a 100mL bottle of that stuff, it'd still be in the air 100 years later!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a different story if you spray it on your clothes or on skin in direct contact with clothes. Then it lasts for a good few days. But when sprayed on skin. I get about 6-8 hours max on me.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    To me 8 hours i consider a monster sillage and lasting!!
    To me too.

It gets close to the skin on me after two hours and I get wafts of it periodically from then on. 8 hours total for me for longevity but it does not project much at all. Sillage is nothing like regular A-men in that regard. Still love the pure malt smell though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    No you're not. I find pure malt to be an over-rated wimp. It's pretty much angel men extra light, with a little bit of a boozy opening. Lasts 4-6 hours on me, though stays close to the skin after the first 10 minutes.
    Me too. I got whipped into a "Basenotes" frenzy over this one and it's a letdown. Wears very lightly on me. I don't think I get 4-6 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not as strong as A*men, but it's much more versatile. I can comfortably wear Pure Malt in the summer. Not so for A*Men...

no no im not trying to bash it or says its projection and longevity is bad, im just saying on my skin its not top notch projection and longevity(Le Male, A*Men)

Post Thanks / Like

Contrary i recall many people saying it wasn't a bomb but still very good on standard perfume terms. I mean 8 hours is plenty in my opinion. Of course it might not be a bit... excessive (a men and le male) but i mean 8 hours is plenty. It always last all day for me personally, but then again i seem to have this thing where almost every fragrance lasts almost all day on me. Projection on the other hand, is weaker on me generally i think. Then again i dunno, sometimes i have people saying they can smell me 12 hours later and i'm just straight up confused, i think a lot of people in my school have not very sensitive noses haha.

Jonny, I think it's time to drop Pure Malt from that Top 5 (6?) list of yours!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Post Thanks / Like

Pure Malt isn't bad at all, may even be good... what disturbs me is the nauseating A*Men worship around here.

Post Thanks / Like

for me the same, they last very short on me to.
    projection is low to.
    havanne and malt.
    i love them both do.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my bottles of pm and ph all I can say is I'm disappointed!

Post Thanks / Like

Pure Malt is nothing more than a skin scent after 2-3 hrs on my skin. I am sad to say that I do not care for this fragrance any more.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Noir De Noir
    3. Musc Ravageur
    4. Bois D'Argent
    5. Aoud 1
    6. Aventus
    7. Ore
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Ambre 114

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The original A*Men is still the king in terms of projection and longevity.

A*Men > PH > PM

As for the scent, Pure Havane is my favorite.

Going to find out how well it projects tomorrow. In respect to longevity and projection, my skin is terrible. I get about 7-9 hours of longevity from the original A*Men, which is horrible according to everyone. Still beats any other fragrance, seeing as how I get around 4-6 with everything else.