Code of Conduct

Default Incredible longevity with MI?

I recently made a purchase of a 4 ounce of MI from Nordstroms and I was expecting to get bismal longevity. My bottle must either be an incredible exception or everybody elses skin flat out fry's everything they put on.

When I apply it I get the very strong melon accord and just a hint of salt (wish there was more salt in my bottle, maybe it will grow as the frag ages). That actually projects for about two hours. After that it becomes more close to the skin and the drydown sits there forever.

I have put on the fragrence twice during the second half of the day (2pm 3pmish) and have awoken during the night numerous times to catch a glimpse of the gorgeous drydown of MI. It was the first thing I smelt this morning when I awoke. I got about 16 hours of longevity from 2 sprays.

Does anyone else experience this from this fragrence or any creed?

Default Re: Incredible longevity with MI?

Only when I spray on clothes... then it lasts forever... on my skin not so much.

I get great longevity from it.

Basenotes Plus

I can identify with that. I have heard many people complain about the lack of staying power but it lasts superbly well for me, as do all Creeds.

I get amazing longevity too, all day until I shower normally.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I have no problem with longevity with this frag.

I get amazing longevity with both GIT and MI. Maybe people are getting crappy bottles from grey market retailers?

It's a shame the shelf life of a retail bought MI is about 2 years in terms of strength of top notes.
    Looking to purchase - Aventus any size or participate in a split

1 hour max. Max.
    Yes, it's an official bottle.
    And yes, I'm very happy for you. I'll try another bottle when this little one is empty.

I hate this fragrance, but it was my very first Creed when I bought it about 10 years ago. I got excellent longevity from it - about 8 to 10 hrs. In fact, I got too much longevity from it, because I wanted the scent to go away after wearing it for about 3 months. It was one of those cases where I sampled it at the store, loved the top notes, and made the rash decision to buy it after smelling it for five minutes, and I ended up regretting the decision. Longevity was certainly the least of my problems with Millesime Imperiale.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I tried MI at a shop sometime ago and discovered the first Creed i did not really care for. After a few hours it still gave off sillage and i washed it off with plain water. However, from time to time i kept getting faint whiffs of something familiar. To my amazement it was MI, which apparently withstood rinsing. This has always been a test of potential good longevity for me since then. The base of MI may be close to the skin, but it is tenacious.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!