Code of Conduct

Default A more masculine version of Fendi Theorema?

I love the sweet orange, cinnamon and rosewood notes of Theorema by Fendi (the women's version). There are some posts here that suggest that the fragrance can be unisex, but I have found it to be on the border of wearability for me (too feminine).

Does anyone know of a fragrance that contains these notes, but in a more masculine setting? I guess that would mean less floral, more wood.

(note: I know that there is a Theorema Uomo, but that is not what I am talking about--rather, I would like to find a more masculine version of the notes in the feminine Theorema).

Thanks!
    Sans parfum, la peau est muette.

Default Re: A more masculine version of Fendi Theorema?

No cinnamon there but Chanel Egoiste has a slight citrus opening and rosewood and sandalwood warm base.
    Again no spices but sweet orange, rosewood and labdanum in Ho Hang
    Otherwise for cinnamon on a warm base I'd go with Musc Ravageur

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Orange, cinnamon, amber, among other notes...... You may be looking for Jaques Borgat's Witness.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Well, i have never found any other fragrance on the male side that matches Fendi Theorema in the woman`s version. But i find it very unissex, and i`m satisfied with it, so i haven`t searched for it too.l You have from the same perfumer Ambre Soie from Armani Prive, which is more ambered, with more cinnamon and less citrus than Theorema. It may be more unissex for you, but then, i think the wearability question is more linked with your tastes than the sex it's marketed for.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    No cinnamon there but Chanel Egoiste has a slight citrus opening and rosewood and sandalwood warm base.
    Again no spices but sweet orange, rosewood and labdanum in Ho Hang
    Otherwise for cinnamon on a warm base I'd go with Musc Ravageur
    Neither Egoiste nor Musc Ravageur are closer of Theorema`s aroma i think. Egoiste is very heavy on the sandalwood and has a plummy, spicy aroma, whereas musc ravageur have a dual sweet-animalic creamy musk with spices. What they may have in common with Theorema is the spices and the orientalistic aura, but theorema donna has an airy, but lasting, aroma which neither of these two mentioned have. It`s a balanced combination of cinnamon, amber, tangerine, and a creamy, lactonic smell, one of the unique facets of Theorema that makes it so delicious and so hard to find a closer fragrance.

Thanks rickbr--very helpful, and I thought you might be able to give me advice. BTW, have you had the chance to compare Theorema to the parfum extrait version of Theorema?

I have tried Ambre Soie, and though it does have some of the same structure as Theorema, but it also has an anisic note that, while interesting, makes it a poor substitute.

I have worn Theorema to work, and will try again (hey, I can get away with anything I want under my turtleneck!). Perhaps layering is the answer, though I am not very experienced with that.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmopolit View Post
    Thanks rickbr--very helpful, and I thought you might be able to give me advice. BTW, have you had the chance to compare Theorema to the parfum extrait version of Theorema?

I have tried Ambre Soie, and though it does have some of the same structure as Theorema, but it also has an anisic note that, while interesting, makes it a poor substitute.

I have worn Theorema to work, and will try again (hey, I can get away with anything I want under my turtleneck!). Perhaps layering is the answer, though I am not very experienced with that.
    No, I haven`t had this chance yet, although i always try to find a cheap one at ebay.
    Well, i also consider Ambre Soie not 100% satisfying as a substitute of Theorema. I get more cinnamon and something incensed more pronounced in ambre soie than in theorema. What i do like in theorema is the balance of all the parts of the fragrance.
    I have already worned Theorema to work, and it was very discreet. It seems like one of those fragrances that you know that is there, but doesn`t dominate your olfact. For me, i always detect it peripherally if i don`t douse myself in it. When i sprayed it liberally, one of my friends told me that i had an incensed aroma.
    It occured me that Costume National Homme has some notes and aspect in common with Theorema, although they don`t smell alike. You may enjoy it and it can be found for average prices at net.

fountain

try tenere by paco rabanne

Thanks, all, for the advice.

rickbr, I have tried CNH, it is not nearly as compelling as Theorema, but a good suggestion.

F*** it, I will just stay with Theorema and make it work. It is really special.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    Well, i have never found any other fragrance on the male side that matches Fendi Theorema in the woman`s version. But i find it very unissex, and i`m satisfied with it, so i haven`t searched for it too.l You have from the same perfumer Ambre Soie from Armani Prive, which is more ambered, with more cinnamon and less citrus than Theorema. It may be more unissex for you, but then, i think the wearability question is more linked with your tastes than the sex it's marketed for.
    +1 on Ambre Soie. It was also made by the same perfumer.
    Evenstar