Code of Conduct

Default Cartier Roadster, good for college student?

Would it work as something that can be worn to class maybe once a week or so? I see this working well in the cooler weather for me so right now could be perfect. I'm a senior in college. It could be overwhelming if over sprayed I think, so maybe 3 sprays or less.

Default Re: Cartier Roadster, good for college student?

Im 20 and I have a couple samples of this, and definitely will be getting a bottle when they run out. Love it! It just exudes confidence and class. To me its on the danger side of being overwhelming forsure (specially for college/uni auditorium setting), but i think if you error on the safe side of sprays, and let it drydown a bit it should work in your favor

Quote Originally Posted by archelon View Post
    Would it work as something that can be worn to class maybe once a week or so?
    Absolutely.

Blog Entries

Definitely. It's one of the better modern-style scents out there. I personally could not wear it every day - I find that some component in it bothers me after a second day of wear. It just starts smelling a bit synthetic and somewhat like a highly sanitized room. But once or twice a week, no problem.

Everytime I smell Roadster, I see a rich guy, in his early 20s, wearing a very expensive V-nech white T-shirt and a pair of very expensive torn jeans.

In my opinion, yes, since- just as said in previous posts- I also assocaite this frag with something that a very classy college student with very fashion-conscious semi-casual, semi-formal clothes would wear

Sur la Plage

If you like it, then wear it - wherever you want. I personally think there are many better fragrances out there.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Roadster is a pretty good option for college, and sparkles in cool crisp weather. It doesn't project too far so I wouldn't worry about over-application esp. if you're just using 3-6 sprays.

thank you for the comments. i will try this out

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Roadster is a pretty good option for college, and sparkles in cool crisp weather. It doesn't project too far so I wouldn't worry about over-application esp. if you're just using 3-6 sprays.
    Outdoors that is a great suggestion but indoors in a classroom I wouldnt do more than three. It was snowing here and wore 5 sprays to church and nearly choked myself out on the drive over and gave the woman sitting next to me in church a headache. I had to go to the bathroom to wash some off my neck the best I could but this stuff is persistant

3 sprays for school brother or you are going to be a sweet mint bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch31 View Post
    Outdoors that is a great suggestion but indoors in a classroom I wouldnt do more than three. It was snowing here and wore 5 sprays to church and nearly choked myself out on the drive over and gave the woman sitting next to me in church a headache. I had to go to the bathroom to wash some off my neck the best I could but this stuff is persistant

3 sprays for school brother or you are going to be a sweet mint bomb.
    It also depend where you spray. Sorry to hear about the unfortunate church incident.

Original Poster, Roadster is fine for Post Secondary. And actually, if you look at the academic calender for your insitution, you will see that Cartier Roadster is listed as approved for wearing on campus.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    ... And actually, if you look at the academic calender for your institution, you will see that Cartier Roadster is listed as approved for wearing on campus.
    LOL

Damn colleges really are getting a bit intrusive!

I just purchased this yesterday and gave it a try today for a full wearing. Doesn't seem like a scent you can really smell on yourself, at least not for me. I know it last long from the sample tests i've done on my arm, but today spraying one shot on my neck and 2 to the formearms i didn't notice too much. Maybe i need to change my application method, or use more?

I suspect it fatigates the nose fast. I'm wearing it 2-3 times a week.
    At first, I was defensive regarding my choices but I've never ever found anyone I know in person who even knows what's Roadster, so yeah it's great. Superb all-around choice, for now I'm keeping it as a signature too.
    There will be those around here who will add their usual comment "go for niche, anything lower isn't worth mentioning" but up to you and how far you're willing to follow the white rabbit.

Anyone getting any type of feedback from others with this fragrance? Complimenets or notice it at all

I also say yes!!! This is a fantastic fragrance and should work well in this situation .....Gary

Roadster is a very safe scent so perfect for being in large groups as one finds in a lecture hall.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

its a deent fragrance but not suited for everyday use imo. once a week maybe for me.
    Bottles for Swap:

Givenchy Pour Homme 1.7oz(97% full)
    CK Obsession Night 1.7oz(97% full)
    Cerruti 1881 1.7oz(50% full)
    Un Jardin Sur De Nil(95% full)

Looking for:

Chanel Allure Sport
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Polo Blue
    Fahrenheit Absolute
    Dolce and Gabbana The One