Code of Conduct

Question Which new Guerlain is the re-issue of Coriolan ?

.........and is it identical to Coriolan or just similar ?
    Thanks for your help.

Default Re: Which new Guerlain is the re-issue of Coriolan ?

I'm no expert, so anyone else, feel free to correct me.

To my knowledge, Coriolan was 're-issued' as one of Les Parisiennes "L'Âme d'un Héros". Here's the link:

http://www.guerlain.com/int/en/base....-toilette.html

I have seen Coriolan on line - and even if it is discontinued it would seem to me easier and less expensive to purchase than Les Parisiennes - although, maybe not where you live!

Coriolan was nice but far from earth-shattering. I bought Chamade for men blind and was so bummed when I got it because it smells close to Coriolan, of which I have THREE bottles
    Chamade from men is way more refined, though.

L'Âme d'un Héros is identical to Coriolan. I like Coriolan quite a bit myself. Chamade pour Homme is not identical at all IMO. It is much less bitter, more violet and dries down to a completely different scent altogether. Coriolan has a much more bitter aromatic opening and no real violet. I think the big hyacinth note in each is what causes people to find them so similar, but to my nose they are each their own scent.

I recently bought L'Âme d'un Héros and after wearing it a couple of times I find that I quite like it even though there is nothing challenging in it for me. It did garner several complements from stranges (I work with the public). My experiences make me want to search out Coriolan. It seems quite available in several sizes and in splash and spray versions. Wondering if the splash is the oldest version, or was it released in both kinds of bottles?
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Wondering if the splash is the oldest version, or was it released in both kinds of bottles?
    It was released in both kinds of bottles.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

You can get Coriolan on ebay at reasonable prices, so I wouldn't take chances with other peoples' opinions to blind buy a different scent. it is quite unique and I intend to never be without a bottle, but it's certainly not for daily wear, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I recently bought L'Âme d'un Héros and after wearing it a couple of times I find that I quite like it even though there is nothing challenging in it for me. It did garner several complements from stranges (I work with the public). My experiences make me want to search out Coriolan. It seems quite available in several sizes and in splash and spray versions. Wondering if the splash is the oldest version, or was it released in both kinds of bottles?
    While it was released in both splash and spray versions, the splash version should be from the very first year of it's release
    I.e 1998, as far as I know, all later bottlings upto 2001 have been with a sprayer.