Code of Conduct

Default New Scent: Kiehl's 160th Anniversary Limited Edition Musk Eau de Toilette Spray

I just saw this on the Nordstrom website:

This modern version of the classic signature scent is based on the unique blend that is Kiehl's Musk. The special Musk 'recipe' begins with an initial creamy, fresh citrus burst of bergamot, nectar and orange blossom followed by a soft floral bouquet of rose, lily, ylang-ylang and neroli. Finally, Original Musk Eau de Toilette dries down to a warm, sensual oriental finish of tonka nut, white patchouli and, of course, musk, the soul of this distinctively modern scent.
    1.7 oz.By Kiehl's.

The bottle looks the same but with a different label. The notes don't sound all that different, but I get the impression that this is a different scent. The price-- as always-- is pretty good. I was just wearing the regular EDT a few days ago and enjoying the comfort of its funkiness. Hopefully somebody can check this out and do a review of how it's different from the original EDT.

Default Re: New Scent: Kiehl's 160th Anniversary Limited Edition Musk Eau de Toilette Spray

I'm pretty sure this was one of the ones I tried yesterday at Nordstroms. Personally wasn't impressed.

Default Re: New Scent: Kiehl's 160th Anniversary Limited Edition Musk Eau de Toilette Spray

Thanks - I will look for it next time I'm in Nordstrom.

I've been way into the oil concentration of Kiehl's Musk lately, and find the original EDT a bit too sharply floral. The notes do sound almost exactly the same, but maybe (hopefully) they managed to smooth out that big ol' floral attack and blend it better with the musk.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I keep meaning to check out their musk, but looking at the notes here, it seems pretty much underwhelming.

Thanks for the info Indie_Guy!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I just saw this on the Nordstrom website:

This modern version of the classic signature scent is based on the unique blend that is Kiehl's Musk. The special Musk 'recipe' begins with an initial creamy, fresh citrus burst of bergamot, nectar and orange blossom followed by a soft floral bouquet of rose, lily, ylang-ylang and neroli. Finally, Original Musk Eau de Toilette dries down to a warm, sensual oriental finish of tonka nut, white patchouli and, of course, musk, the soul of this distinctively modern scent.
    1.7 oz.By Kiehl's.

The bottle looks the same but with a different label. The notes don't sound all that different, but I get the impression that this is a different scent. The price-- as always-- is pretty good. I was just wearing the regular EDT a few days ago and enjoying the comfort of its funkiness. Hopefully somebody can check this out and do a review of how it's different from the original EDT.
    I just went to the Kiehl's website. The above description is for the regular Kiehl's Musk EDT. Here's the ad copy for the 160th Anniversary version:

Developed by a distant cousin, a Russian Prince, of the founding family and was originally deemed “too sensual” for the times. Discovered in a vat in 1958 labeled “love potion”.

Basenotes Institution

I am not a fan of the original, but I have always wanted to like it. Maybe this new re-work will impress me.

I'm getting the feeling this one is not available at regular Kiehl's stores - anyone know?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I just purchased it thinking it was the same as the regular edt spray, which is a staple, but also thought it might be something a bit different...I'm not really sure if kiehls is just marketing it with tht different tag line, which I found interesting, or if it's a new frag. Couldn't thermos e easily introduced it as the same thing in a collectors bottle, which by the way is the same price as the edt. So I am confused too
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Looks like it's just an anniversary new label, nothing more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Maybe if they took out the fresh citrus burst of bergamot, nectar and orange blossom followed by a soft floral bouquet of rose, lily, ylang-ylang and neroli it could be worthy of been called a MUSK fragrance.lol

This smells completely different on drydown to me...the top notes smell almost exactly the same but the dry down smells more like jovan musk than the original kiehls edt...either it's different or kiehls redormulated their original musk
    Current Top 5:

My only experience with Kiehl's musk was with the body lotion. I picked up the limited edition EDT blindly, and it smells exactly the same as the lotion.

I changed my mind...it's def the same frag just different label
    Current Top 5:

Is it EDT or oil? I went to Norstrom's website and although item description says EDT the photo is that a bottle of oil. Then I went to Selfridges and Harrod's websites and they both say oil, with the same picture.