Code of Conduct

Default has anyone ordered ols from this co? they sell so many rare oils but they dont have descriptions!

Default Re: has anyone ordered ols from this co? they sell so many rare oils but they dont have descriptions

I'm not in UK, so would not have ordered from them, but I did take a look at their website. I'm not sure why you say there is no description of their oils. For each product they do provide the scientific name of the plant species and a fairly informative description of the source, suggesting that the oils they sell are indeed what they say they are. They seem to have an extensive selection of EOs and some interesting absolutes. However, all of their prices seem outrageous, even by UK standards. I suspect that this is one of those companies that buy in bulk, rebottle the oils into tiny containers, and sell them at a huge profit to the aromatherapy community. IMHO you would be better off researching bulk vendors of the items you're interested in, saving up your money, and ordering a larger quantity for about the same price as you'd pay for a tiny amount from the site in question.
    Blog: www.perfumenw.blogspot.com
    Website: Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes http://orchidscents.com.

Default Re: has anyone ordered ols from this co? they sell so many rare oils but they dont have descriptions

thanks for the reply.. yep they do have the botanical names, but i m not aquainted with a lot of the oils, so it would be handy to have more info on them they are expensive, but i have set up a trade discount with them as im a trained aromatherapist, so i've ordered some rare oils and got 25% off, so its not too expensive now bluebell x

Very trustworthy
    Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. ~Confucius

got my oils today( wierd as its sun!) and some of them i love.. the hay abs, tonka,magnolia, and some others, but i really don't like fire tree, massoia, kaffir lime peel or holy wood and im hoping i can return them! I've learnt another lesson buying oils i have no idea about!! but they are def great quality oils.

You need to make dilutions and wait at least a couple of weeks before passing judgment. Just sniffing from the bottle can be misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Elly View Post
    I'm not in UK, so would not have ordered from them, but I did take a look at their website. I'm not sure why you say there is no description of their oils. For each product they do provide the scientific name of the plant species and a fairly informative description of the source, suggesting that the oils they sell are indeed what they say they are. They seem to have an extensive selection of EOs and some interesting absolutes. However, all of their prices seem outrageous, even by UK standards. I suspect that this is one of those companies that buy in bulk, rebottle the oils into tiny containers, and sell them at a huge profit to the aromatherapy community. IMHO you would be better off researching bulk vendors of the items you're interested in, saving up your money, and ordering a larger quantity for about the same price as you'd pay for a tiny amount from the site in question.
    Ditto

Wow. A place that actually offers karo karounde absolute. I just might have to get me some.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

the oils are def top quality and they said next time i could order a tiny sample of oils i don't know, so they are a good company and have a huge variety of oils, but i think i will swap mine