Code of Conduct

Default Pink Pepper vs Green Pepper

I've read that pink pepper EO is basically the same thing as green pepper EO, in that both are made from the unripe peppercorn fruit. There are pink peppercorns, but they're something other than the peppercorn that gets turned into black pepper.

Except I find that all quite confusing, and I find myself unable to easily locate "pink pepper essential oil", though I have some green pepper EO and it's got a decidedly fruity quality to it, in my estimation.

So, what's the deal with pink pepper? Is it really from "pink peppercorns" or is it just unripe peppercorn fruit and thus the same as green pepper?
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

Default Re: Pink Pepper vs Green Pepper

hi there, i have just bought some pink pepper for the 1st time and i love it!! i can see how it can lift perfume blend! i havent tried green pepper but the pink is very different from the blqck.. i love the black too, but the pink is much brighter and fruitier, than black

Default Re: Pink Pepper vs Green Pepper

Green pepper EO is the unripe berries of Piper nigrum, the same plant we get black and white pepper from. Pink pepper is from Schinus molle or S. terebinthifolium, a completely different plant. YOu can get the EO or absolute of it.
    Anya McCoy - http://anyasgarden.com/
    Best of the Best awards - Perfume: MoonDance, StarFlower, Amberess, Light, Royal Lotus and as
    Project Leader: Outlaw Perfume and Mystery of Musk
    Basic Perfumery Course with lifetime access to the website - http://perfumeclasses.com
    America's First Natural Perfume Line 1991
    First Artisan Perfumer Voted in as member of the American Society of Perfumery 2013