Code of Conduct

Default Fujiyama Gentleman

I came across 100ml Fujiyama Gentleman today going for A$22.

Being a fan of both Fujiyama Homme and Fujiyama Black Label, I was eager to test Fujiyama Gentleman out.

I wasn't pleased. It's a very musky scent similar to numerous other cheap, strong, musky scents like De Varens' Absolute Musk, and several others whose names I can't recollect, but I often smell people wearing them.

I was disappointed. After half an hour of smelling it on my hand, it was starting to cloy.

Is anybody fond of this style of strong scent?
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 22nd March 2011 at 12:19 PM.

Default Re: Fujiyama Gentleman

Update - With the price now at $10, I bought a bottle of Fujiyama Gentleman and wore it today. It didn't seem as bad as my first impressions which I wrote about above. But I still wasn't overly fond of it.

On the other hand, my wife who is often ho-hum about my more expensive purchases, thought Fujiyama Gentleman was pretty darn good.

Longevity till it starts getting pretty weak is around four hours or so under clothes.
    Regards,
    Renato

P.S. Well, if no one else responds to one of my threads, I guess I had to do so myself.
    Last edited by Renato; 22nd March 2011 at 12:21 PM.

Default Re: Fujiyama Gentlemen

I saw it but didn't test it. Also I am interested in Black Label, is it worth the blind buy? How is the longevity?
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    I saw it but didn't test it. Also I am interested in Black Label, is it worth the blind buy? How is the longevity?
    You have to remember that all these Fujiyamas have the style of being very loud and with great sillage for about two hours, and then start conking out and being hard to detect after four hours or so - Black Label lasting somewhat longer than the other two I have. I don't mind these style scents - there are days when I may want to go shopping in the afternoon, and want to wear something strong, knowing that later that evening I want to wear something else. They meet that need perfectly.

I really like Black Label, but whether it's a good blind buy of not depends on how cheap it is relative to scent prices where you are. I paid $19 for it, when most new scents in department stores here cost around $90 to $110 for a 100ml bottle. At that relative price, I thought it good value. I don't like paying much more than that for scents that don't last long - which is why I'm always scathing of Eau Sauvage and YSL PH, which have half the longevity of Black Label but much bigger price tags.
    Regards,
    Renato

Have the original and the black and just found that this can be gotten for $20, so for that price I think I'll probably get it.

Banned

My only experience with Fujiyama was blind-buying one at Marshalls several years ago for $10 out of curiosity. I think it's the only bottle I ever just threw in the garbage.