Code of Conduct

Default Leather fans,feast your eyes on my FIND of the year!

Just dropping by to share the latest arrival in my mailbox.

Because of some ambiguity in the listing(& possibly few watchers),I managed to snag this beauty from Australia for the equivalent of $48.

Side by side comparison with a 3.2ml bottle I already have:

Thought it was only 2 oz based on the description,but believed I had gotten a super bargain nonetheless.

When it arrived, I said to myself: 'This cannot be...the box is just too large...'

When I opened it up, my jaw dropped as the fingers of my hand could not even wrap around the large & heavy bottle which emerged!

It measures 4.6 x 4.6 x 4.6 cm for just the perfume portion so it's likely 3 oz(perhaps more?)

Considering that two 1/4 oz bottles sold for $37 just recently, it's a fantastic deal.

And what is even more fantastic is that : it's SEALed! And not a factice because the dark leather of Cabochard can be sniffed from the neck despite the wax sealant.

This bests my 2.5 oz vintage Shalimar extrait as my deal of the year...just in time for Christmas!
    Last edited by domperrier; 1st December 2010 at 05:38 AM.

Default Re: Leather fans,feast your eyes on my FIND of the year!

What concentration is it? Eau du Parfum? or Eau de Toilette?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike84 View Post
    What concentration is it? Eau du Parfum? or Eau de Toilette?
    Vintage Cabochard is always in the parfum concentration. I believe they only made EDP & edt starting in the 90s...

I would have assumed so, but when I go to Ebay and type in "vintage cabochard" it comes up with several bottles for sale that claim to be vintage and are Eau de Toilette. So either you're wrong or they're lying, but I have a pretty sure feeling they're lying!

WOW! lovely!Gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by bookwyrmsmith View Post
    WOW! lovely!Gorgeous!
    Thanks bookwyrmsmith....I'm joining you in the bargain basement bandwagon!LOL

I'm just too light & airy-headed today to even pay much attention to inane jealous comments from ppl who clearly don't know anything...haha

If believing it's EDT helps them make it through the night, so be it! I'll just slowly savour my thick,rich oakmoss, patchouli & galbanum-loaded extrait
    Last edited by domperrier; 1st December 2010 at 04:03 AM.

Can I be your friend?
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

LOL...Sure, but I hardly come by here anymore.

This is my first visit in over a week, and I came only because I was so excited!!!

EDIT: More good news! I did an exact measurement & found that the perfume part of the bottle isn't cubic at all...it's rectangular with dimensions of 4.5 x 4.6 x 5 cm(excluding the breathing room on top of the perfume), making the likely volume of juice 100ml, or 3.4 oz.
    Last edited by domperrier; 1st December 2010 at 04:08 AM.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing! I always love to see these wonderful photos. Just looking at gorgeous bottles is a big part of the enjoyment for me...
    Enjoy!

Blog Entries

You are fortunate indeed in this wonderful find. Congratulations.

I'm drooling! I LOVE Cabochard! You are so lucky (sob)

Clearly you must dab yourself with this on Xmas day!

Holy Mackerel! Now THAT's a bottle of juice!!! Congrats on your super-bargain!

Thanks for all your +ve comments. I'm so happy I feel like unsealing this bottle & sending a 1.5 ml vial to everybody who has replied to this thread. After all, how much Cabochard can one use in a lifetime?Certainly not the whole 3.4 oz kaboodle!

Even a tiny dab from my 3.2ml bottle lasts a long long time...

Unfortunately, in my country, decanting perfume is unheard of, and there are NO SUCH SUPPLIES for sale, not even in pharmacies...

Another picture for Renaissance_Man's enjoyment...
    Last edited by domperrier; 1st December 2010 at 11:48 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Fabulous find and buy! Congratulations ! It looks wonderful
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Holy Mackerel! Now THAT's a bottle of juice!!! Congrats on your super-bargain!
    Ditto this! Thanks for sharing domperrier!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs H View Post
    Clearly you must dab yourself with this on Xmas day!
    Quote Originally Posted by domperrier View Post
    ... how much Cabochard can one use in a lifetime?Certainly not the whole 3.4 oz kaboodle!
    I was just about to tell Mrs H, that our dear Dom never
    breaks a vintage seal, but, it seems like this one is too
    tempting not to break!

Congrats, love!

Congrats - even if I am late ! I can relate to your joy and happiness finding such a big bottle in a perfect state ! I am a frantic user of vintage scents myself :-) and a leather addict as well.

Just one idea for filling small samples to send them around:
    There are small glass vials available for the "Globuli" in homoeopathic medicine. You can normally purchase them in the bay as well as in those pharmacies which sell homoeopatic supplies. If they have an extra-liquid-spill-proof-top it is even better.
    kind regards,
    La Tanguera
    http://duftreise.blogspot.com/

Congratulations! Cabochard vintage is always a good find.

Just lovely, congrats!

Scooooooooooooooorrrre! Enjoy your find and wear it in good health!

Vintage Cabochard is always in the parfum concentration. I believe they only made EDP & edt starting in the 90s...
    domperrier,

Sorry, but that is incorrect. Cabochard was made in edt and many bath formulations way before the '90s. Not sure about the edp - the eau de toilette, parfum and bath products were my staples. I went through many a bottle of the bath/shower gel and splash bottles of the edt in the '70s and '80s. The parfum was always the gold standard, though, and my habit was to splash on the edt and then top up with a dab of parfum on temples and wrists. Stopped wearing Cabochard some years ago when the reformulations became apparent.

Your find is fabulous - and what a terrific early holiday gift to yourself!

Gorgeous bottle.

Let the perfume museums and curators preserve their supplies for posterity - the rest was made to be worn. It is a living thing, don't abandon it to the darkness.

Enjoy that juice!
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

Not so. I have an EDT from the 1970s.

Whatever concentration it is...it's obviously pre-latest formulation, so you'll smell fabulous wearing it. ENJOY !!!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Congratulations! I am thrilled for you, vintage Cabochard is magnificent. Wear it in the best of health. Break the seal and enjoy it!
    Last edited by Zibeline; 1st December 2010 at 10:58 PM.

Congratulations!You do have a knack for tracking down the most beautiful bottles.What a happy start to the holidays,indeed!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus

Congrats Dompierre, what a magnificent bottle!! You certainly were in the right
    place at the right time, I'm so happy for you!

Lucky you! *drooling*

I have had an EdT from the very late 60s, once.

Not like decanting supplies are readily available at Walgreen's or CVS, far from it!

Oh my wow, my pulse just quickened at the sight of this beauty. Thanks for sharing the pics with those of us who can only dream of owning a pre-reformulation bottle. Enjoy every drop. You've earned it.

* Also, how touchable is that velvet bow!!?! Luscious.

Thank you to all of you for your kind comments!

Just to update you, I've managed to pry open the sealed stopper without much ado after reading some advice on cleopatrasboudoir.com.

I released over 2 decades of saturated air above the perfume and it was like unearthing a dusty jewel, an ancient treasure.

My nose was assaulted by sharp green notes, with a strong note of vetiver, and the same castoreum I smell in Paloma Picasso firmly in the background,only about 3 times more pungent & bewitching.

After about 20 minutes,hints of leather start to peek through: a dirty, animalic type of leather. I start to feel dry in the throat smelling it, but I can't stop because it's mesmerising!

Will report soon about how this juice pans out.
    Last edited by domperrier; 2nd December 2010 at 03:46 AM.

I love how Dom keeps leaving only to return when a new purchase arrives LOL !!!!

I also enjoy how the number of replies doubles once he has said he may give out free samples , tut tut for insincerity Basenoters LOL!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    I love how Dom keeps leaving only to return when a new purchase arrives LOL !!!!

I also enjoy how the number of replies doubles once he has said he may give out free samples , tut tut for insincerity Basenoters LOL!!!!!!
    LOL Perhaps you're right...

But it's nice to have something so beautiful be appreciated by many instead of just being kept to myself, whether others are insincere or not...

Really have no one at home who appreciates the preciousness & beauty of my purchases so because I really want so much to share my excitement & happiness, I wind up coming back here although I really don't want to.

Anyway, the new year is a month away so the time for new year resolutions is not quite here yet...

Btw, I'll be sending you a double dose of this potent chypre once I lay my hands on some decanting equipment(hopefully soon!)

I know it's potent because I put a little bit on b4 I went to bed last night, woke up 8 hours later and the scent is still evident through my sinus clogged nose...(even vtg Mitsouko parfum can't do that on me!)
    Sorry to disappoint the killjoys who kept hoping it was EDT or EDP at best !
    Last edited by domperrier; 2nd December 2010 at 10:49 PM.