Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Smile Today I Bought ...December 2010

Tott reminded us that we need a new thread .....so here it is !

Today I bought J'Adore L'Or !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Default Re: Today I Bought ...December 2010

Got Belle en Rykiel yesterday. Great deal on Ebay, couldn't resist.

Basenotes Plus

L'Artisan Parfumeur "Les Best" set from Luckyscent.

Fahrenheit 32 by Dior 3.4oz

And for the lulz

Kiss Him by Kiss 0.5oz
    Kiss Her by Kiss 0.5oz

Sur la Plage

Serge Lutens Bois de Violette

Notes include cedarwood, violet leaves and flowers.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Bal a Versailles edt half an ounce bottle for $2.99-blind buy that many of you are to blame for!

Yeah right-anybody looking at my wardrobe is really gonna believe that one...

Fleurs de Shalimar

and Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier EDP

Wink Re: Today I Bought ...December 2010

Sa Majeste La Rose Eau de Parfum by Serge Lutens from Lucky Scent. I am hoping this is the true full rose scent I have heard it to be. I cannot WAIT for this to come

Quote Originally Posted by Wyllowdaemon View Post
    Sa Majeste La Rose Eau de Parfum by Serge Lutens from Lucky Scent. I am hoping this is the true full rose scent I have heard it to be. I cannot WAIT for this to come
    I think you'll love it! It's a true rose scent, but not overwhelming, just perfect anywhere.

I found a new, for me, floral at the TJMaxx. I went to get another little bottle of the Hanae Mori parfum (this is popular with my daughter's friends and parfum is hard to find) and stumbled across an open bottle of Orlane's Fleurs d'Orlane. I have never tried this one and since someone else had opened the package I tried it. Serious floral bouquet. Opening was a little strong, but it settled nicely into a narcissus-jasmine-orchid-ylang sort of scent and still smells very pretty, and very fresh floral bouquet, on my coat sleeve. This reminds me of another old floral, but I'm not sure which, something long gone I suppose. Anyway it was 12.99 for 100 ml so I bought one. I checked on line to see if this was still available at retail prices and it is as Saks has it online for 60.00 along with Be21 and an Eau that I haven't tried either. Anway, if you seek a pretty inexpensive floral, it's worth a look.

I wish there was a TJMaxx closer than 85 miles away from where we live now. Nice to know what they are selling now. I believe all Orlane fragrances are solid, especially for the price. Please enjoy!

I bought Belle d'Opium as I had a £10 gift voucher plus 10% discount in the store.
    DONNA

Sur la Plage

L'Artisan Traversse du Bosphore

Notes include apple, pomegranate, tulip, iris, leather, saffron, Turkish delight accord (rose and pistacchio), vanilla and musks.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Ambre de Cabochard. I love this and it's ridiculously cheap!

Basenotes Institution

Yesterday I bought 100 mls Chanel No. 19 EDP ( stocking up on it ) . The bad news is no No. 19 extrait for me this Christmas because it's been discontinued here ( in this part of SE Asia only I was told ) . BOO HOOO!!!!!!!! Are Chanel crazy ???

EL Amber Ylang-ylang. Nordstrom has to order it, though, so I'll see it in a week. Oh I can hardly wait, I've been craving this since October!
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 4th December 2010 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    I think you'll love it! It's a true rose scent, but not overwhelming, just perfect anywhere.

I found a new, for me, floral at the TJMaxx. I went to get another little bottle of the Hanae Mori parfum (this is popular with my daughter's friends and parfum is hard to find) and stumbled across an open bottle of Orlane's Fleurs d'Orlane. I have never tried this one and since someone else had opened the package I tried it. Serious floral bouquet. Opening was a little strong, but it settled nicely into a narcissus-jasmine-orchid-ylang sort of scent and still smells very pretty, and very fresh floral bouquet, on my coat sleeve. This reminds me of another old floral, but I'm not sure which, something long gone I suppose. Anyway it was 12.99 for 100 ml so I bought one. I checked on line to see if this was still available at retail prices and it is as Saks has it online for 60.00 along with Be21 and an Eau that I haven't tried either. Anway, if you seek a pretty inexpensive floral, it's worth a look.
    Congratulations Zibeline. I find Fleurs d'Orlane lovely. The bottles I have seen at TJ Maxx are tall, I have a bottle from the early 90s. When I smelled Petal Gardenia by Van Cleef and Arpels it reminded me of my old Fleurs and I was lucky to find a vintage in e-bay for $25.00, with a shower gel.
    Evenstar

Bulgari Omnia(for a gift),Black(possiblyfor a gift-still waffling-also it's unisex so ANYONE on my list could get it)and Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Cherry Blossom which I had thought would be a gift but I tried it and loved it .
    My Long Lost Perfume order came today
    Memoire Cherie -definite chypre with some florals and soapy-ness
    Most Precious- sweet gardenia
    Bond Street-soapy chypre
    Tuxedo -sweet floral/spice/amber(I hope this is pretty close to my friend's recollection.She used to love the RL version.)

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    Congratulations Zibeline. I find Fleurs d'Orlane lovely. The bottles I have seen at TJ Maxx are tall, I have a bottle from the early 90s. When I smelled Petal Gardenia by Van Cleef and Arpels it reminded me of my old Fleurs and I was lucky to find a vintage in e-bay for $25.00, with a shower gel.
    So we are talking a "pre-reformulation" vintage Fleurs? Sounds promising if the current model is so nice!

I bought a large bottle of Bois Farine today. I've been obsessed with this fragrance since I rediscovered a sample a week ago. I had vowed that I would buy only small bottles from now on of any fragrance (unless discontinued), but I couldn't help myself. I just wanted the big 100ml bottle.

I just hit the buy button on 2 bottles of FM Iris Poudre. One for my mother for Christmas, and since I was there anyway, one for myself. I've used about half of my 10 ml decant, and knew I would purchase it as soon as I sprayed the first spray on myself. It is probably my HG iris fragrance, beautiful and yet somehow oh so wearable, even with jeans and a tshirt. I'm excited to finally own a bottle - I'll probably post a pic when it comes in because I also love the look and feel of those bottles. Show me the name, print the perfumer right on the label, don't mess with fancy this and that, put the money in the juice. I love everything about this line. But I think this one is my fav. - classic and classy without too much fuss. Love.

Sur la Plage

Santa Maria Novella Potpourri.

Notes include grasses, berries, resins and flowers.

Basenotes Plus

On EBay today:
    Lot of 2 Bvlgari Eau Fraiche Eau De Toilette
    Another lot of Chanel #19 & a partial bottle of Je Reviens by Worth

Received an order from parfum1.com yesterday:
    Habanita body lotion
    blind buy- Talisman from Balenciaga
    blind buy- Yardley Geranium
    Back up bottles of Maubousin and Nikos Sculpture
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Ive done a spot of Christmas shopping today... 3 Bond No9 candles at 60% off (with my staff discount).
    Aussie basenoters act fast: David Jones has 30% to 50% off all Bond No9.

a back up bottle of Guerlain Samsara Shine for$16 counting shipping

I am also excited to have received a 50ml bottle of Andy Tauer's super Limited Edition Le Cologne du Maghreb... his 2010 occasional advent calendar fragrance.

I will be writing a full review and giving you the opportunity to win a bottle in Andy's advent giveaway on my blog in days to come! Stay tuned!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I just got 100ml Dune from one of my girls,
    as an early christmas present ...

Sur la Plage

Large decants of the following Serge Lutens non-export fragrances:

Iris Silver Mist
    Tubereuse Criminelle
    Sarrasins

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Today I Bought ...December 2010

Serendipitous by Serendipity 3.

Espices d'Hiver came today.

If I only got one bottle of perfume for the rest of my life, I'd choose this one.

It's like deciding that you want to date writers. So, the men you go out with are all writers. And then you meet an astrophysicist. You never thought you'd want to date a scientist. But he's wonderful. And he does cosmology like he's writing mathmatical poems to God.

Well, I had my samples of Espices d'Hiver for a year. After I got a second sample I decided to really try it. And the more I wore it, the more I loved it. And when one vial was empty, I was bereft. I love this fragrance.

I may have to dance around with the bottle for a half hour or so.
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

So far this month I've bought:

Traversée du Bosphore
    Micallef Shanaan
    FMalle Portrait of a Lady

I am also pondering a purchase of the new Dior Mitzah.

I got my Dior J'Adore L'Or today. It's beautiful!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurry View Post
    I got my Dior J'Adore L'Or today. It's beautiful!
    Ooooh ! Fleurry - congrats - it is absolutely beautiful !

I bought Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte today !

Lots of things due to arrive in the mail over the next few week, for me and for others, I am especially excited about Shalimar in vintage EdT, Bal á Versailles in vintage EdC (I really hope it lives up to it's death-by-civet reputation!) and a mini of what I think is Montana Parfum de Peau - it's that bottle, anyway. Also received a bottle of the new Rochas Femme in a swap last week, very happy with it, I can finally wear it with abandon! (and stink things up wherever I go! yay!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpinett View Post
    Lots of things due to arrive in the mail over the next few week, for me and for others, I am especially excited about Shalimar in vintage EdT, Bal á Versailles in vintage EdC (I really hope it lives up to it's death-by-civet reputation!) and a mini of what I think is Montana Parfum de Peau - it's that bottle, anyway. Also received a bottle of the new Rochas Femme in a swap last week, very happy with it, I can finally wear it with abandon! (and stink things up wherever I go! yay!)
    Nice haul, Pimpinett! Yes, Bal EDC does live up to its death-by-civet rep, I can attest. Other death-by-civet candidates include vintage My Sin and Arpege.

Thanks! I've been curious about vintage My Sin, will have too keep a look-out for that one. I think I should explore more fragrances with castoreum, too.

I found a 2 ounce bottle of British Sterling on sale so I picked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    L'Artisan Traversse du Bosphore

Notes include apple, pomegranate, tulip, iris, leather, saffron, Turkish delight accord (rose and pistacchio), vanilla and musks.

I'm very, very close to adding this one. The sample was stupendous! I like lot.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    So far this month I've bought:

Traversée du Bosphore
    Micallef Shanaan
    FMalle Portrait of a Lady

I am also pondering a purchase of the new Dior Mitzah.
    Beautiful purchases cazaubon!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Some of you might remember, that I bought a Kenzo Jungle
    late last month, not quite knowing which on I'd recieve.
    It was indeed the wanted L'Éléphant I got ... yay!
    In the same package was 35ml of the Angel Liqueur.

Getting some Christmas shopping done...
    Rive Gauche pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent (gift)
    L'Anarchiste by Caron (gift)
    A la Nuit by Serge Lutens (for myself)

Pre-formulation Dioressence just landed on my desk from the mail!!

Oh, and still coming is a pre-formulation Parfum Sacre, bought blind, based on ecstatic reviews.

Yay, Christmas gifts for me!

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    Pre-formulation Dioressence just landed on my desk from the mail!!

Oh, and still coming is a pre-formulation Parfum Sacre, bought blind, based on ecstatic reviews.

Yay, Christmas gifts for me!
    I think you will love them both!

I hope so Zibeline! I immediately put on the Dioressence, and it's amazing, especially how it's unfolding. Definitely different than the sample I just got of it, so it will be fun to compare and contrast.

I can't wait to try the Parfum Sacre!

Basenotes has introduced me to a new addiction!
    This week I bought two 50ml bottles of organza indecence (one for my mother who loved the 1ml sample I'd bought), two Serge Lutens 50mls - un bois vanille and Feminite du bois for €40 each, which I thought was a good deal! I also bought samples from sonoma scent studio, some empty mini glass spray vials and 'perfumes - the guide' !!!!! A good start? Time to give the bank account some recovery time now!

I'm laughing over here galwaygirl, since this sounds very familiar. This new addiction is sooo fun, but I'm constantly on ebay now looking for deals, skulking on the sample sites, and checking for swaps/decants.

Your purchases sound great, I haven't tried anything from Sonoma Scent Studio yet, or Serge, so I'm jealous!

Mimi my Chanel Cristalle eau Verte just arrived today !
    Pimpinett I know what you mean with the Femme .I wore that today.My mini of Bal (7.5ml )arrived in today's mail too !
    Smells good to me -I just hope it doesn't provoke any "tantrums" from my male cat.

Galwaygirl has become one of us ... yay!

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    Pre-formulation Dioressence just landed on my desk from the mail!
    Gotta love vintage Dioressence ... delish!

Even with my recent obsession with frankincense and myrrh fragrances, I still couldn't forget...

I've just bought a 5mL bottle on ebay.

happy is the bleu heart<3

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    <snip> In the same package was 35ml of the Angel Liqueur.

What a wonderful bonus! I am kicking myself for not buying a bottle last year.

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    What a wonderful bonus! I am kicking myself for not buying a bottle last year.
    I understand ... it's like shall drops of heaven!

Guerlain "Teracotta Eau Sous le Vent" perfumed mist and tan enhancer (2009).
    A variation on "Teracotta Voile d'été" and Jacques Guerlain's 1910 composition: "Quand vient l’été".

Frédéric Malle Portrait of a Lady, 50 ml.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Yesterday I purchased some Tresor EDP, finally - I want to own all of the Sophia Grojsman perfumes - I am almost there - and a coffret of Estee Lauder minis of Pleasures, Pure White Linen, Beautiful, and Sensual, as well as ordered Demeter's Frozen Margarita and Michael Kors KORS.
    Last edited by msleslie; 9th December 2010 at 09:26 AM. Reason: the softward added a 2nd "and" where it does not exist in the original so I deleted it

Basenotes Plus

Won an auction for a vintage box set (including powder and two soaps) of Balenciaga Le Dix. Can't wait
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Ooooh ! Fleurry - congrats - it is absolutely beautiful !

I bought Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte today !
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    I just got 100ml Dune from one of my girls,
    as an early christmas present ...

Do you mind if I borrow the picture from you, since this is what I bought today?

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Today I Bought ...December 2010

Aomassai by Perfumerie Generale.

Absolutely wonderful, fantastic, amazing juice!

Sur la Plage

Givenchy Hot Couture EDP

Top notes: Bergamot, Orange, Raspberry
    Middle notes: Magnolia, Black Pepper, Vetiver
    Base notes: Sandal, Amber, Musk

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Givenchy Hot Couture EDP

Top notes: Bergamot, Orange, Raspberry
    Middle notes: Magnolia, Black Pepper, Vetiver
    Base notes: Sandal, Amber, Musk

Very yummy! one of my favorite scents for raspberry!And the body wash is the same scent -I highly recommend it.

I just bought Parfume Prive by La Perla -again this time with lotion .It's discontinued and I wanted to nab it at the price $19.99+7 shipping .
    Also bought The Bombshell's Manual of Style by Lauren Stover .I read about it on PerfumeQueen's webblog (not being updated but hey the lady has two{or possibly more by now}small children) it got her started on fragrance collecting.$ .99 + shipping.

Samsara Shine back-up bottle arrived today.