Code of Conduct

Default If spraying my creed cologne on shirt.. would it be a waste to also spray my skin?

My skin sucks when it comes to wearing cologne with some fragrances. So I'm thinking about applying the cologne on my shirt.. but I'm a little confused.

Applying to the shirt will make the top notes last longer right? So i'm guessing the cologne on my skin will start evolving much faster and well, anyone who walks by me will be smelling my fragrance off of my shirt and not my skin correct? so should i just do a few sprays on my clothes and forget about my skin? I know that skin chemistry has a lot to do when wearing a fragrance but it's completely cancelled out when people spray on their clothes right?

Default Re: If spraying my creed cologne on shirt.. would it be a waste to also spray my skin?

Well, usually it actually projects better from skin, with heat ofcourse. But honestly spraying a fragrance both on your shirt and skin doesn't come off right, you gotta stick to one of the two and see what works best with the fragrance.

Blog Entries

Default Re: If spraying my creed cologne on shirt.. would it be a waste to also spray my skin?

I would imagine that Creeds could be more apt to stain your clothing, if you spray directly on it.
    Everyone is somebody's weirdo.

I would only spray on the skin, but if applications on both the skin and the shirt are required, then it is definitely not a waste, since most Creed frags are so complex, it is interesting to see their evolution on different surfaces

Call me old fashioned but fragrances are intended to react with skin not fabric. You might get a bit of longevity out of the sent by spraying it on your shirt. If that's what your intent is then by all means, do that. If a fragrance doesn't work well with my skin type, I just don't wear it.
    - Expect the unexpected

Hit a spray on the inside of your collar of your shirt.

Banned

You're right. Spray on both places.

It depends on the fragrance and it depends on you - all you can really do is try it and see what works best for you.

Then, however it works best for you is not a waste!
    Alan

Spraying on fabric is more traditional than spraying on skin; I believe the modern trend of doing the latter was begun by Coco Chanel, who advertised it as a point of propaganda to make her mass-produced perfumes seem potentially unique to each woman who wore them. That said - it all depends. In my experience, some fragrances that are too tenacious to be applied to cloth, apply better on skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaconneur View Post
    Call me old fashioned but fragrances are intended to react with skin not fabric.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Merely View Post
    Spraying on fabric is more traditional than spraying on skin; I believe the modern trend of doing the latter was begun by Coco Chanel, who advertised it as a point of propaganda to make her mass-produced perfumes seem potentially unique to each woman who wore them. That said - it all depends. In my experience, some fragrances that are too tenacious to be applied to cloth, apply better on skin.
    WOW! Neat. I had no idea. I'm going to assume that fragrances back then were designed for fabric whereas today they're designed for skin.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for HdP 1725 or Bond Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)