Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SoTD ,Friday December 3rd,2010 Syncronized Friday :launched 1921-1930

Chanel #5 edp

Default Re: SoTD ,Friday December 3rd,2010 Syncronized Friday :launched 1921-1930

Inadvertently in synch with Chanel N°5, 80's vintage EdP, I remembered to wear it now that the weather is perfect and brings out that smooth, soft, powdery quality that reminds me of fur in it.

Default Re: SoTD ,Friday December 3rd,2010 Syncronized Friday :launched 1921-1930

Looks like Chanel will do well today - No.22 for me.

Basenotes Plus

Happy to be in synch with an old favourite today. Never get tired of this.

Knize Ten.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I'm synchronized in one of Chanel's classics from the 20's, Cuir de Russie.

In sync with my favourite Chanel Bois des Iles
    Wishing everyone the best for your friday!

Basenotes Institution

Dear Basenoters- I just want to say thank you again for thinking of me yesterday - it means a lot to me and I love you all . MyBasenotes Family !

Today I am automatically Chanel Sync'd !!
    I have Chanel No 5 EDT on and a spray of No.5 Eau Premiere (from a sample ) on my upper arms !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Synchronising with Coty L'Aimant (1927)
    This is my Aunt's favourite perfume and is very wearable.
    Reminds me a little of Chanel No. 5.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Wearing my little sample of Knize Ten

Sur la Plage

Good morning and TGIF! My SOTD is Montale Full Incense - from a sample.

Notes include cedar, labdanum, patchouli, elemi and Somali incense.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Today I'll join Tott and synchronize in Chanel Cuir de Russie. Let's assess...it's Friday (yay) AND I'm wearing CdR. It's all GOOD!

Enjoy the day all
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Joining Milou in Bois des Îles (1926/Les Exclusifs), so, I'm in synch, too!

I think I'll empty my sample of N°22 (1922) as my SotE, since I have some
    more coming my way!

Basenotes Plus

Happy Friday everyone!

Today I'm joining Milou and Le Grand Duc in wearing Bois Des Iles by Chanel.
    Notes are Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, Tonka Bean, Bourbon Vanilla,
    Sicilian Mandarin and Calabrian Bergamot, according to the Chanel site.

Last edited by Kiliwia; 3rd December 2010 at 11:36 AM.

Good Morning,
    In synch for the morning with Arpege

Hope everyone has a good day!
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Thought I'd post this over here as well to spread some love for this relatively unknown scent. It would work excellently on a woman, too!

Figaro by Lubin.

A fig scent that I can tolerate? A fig scent that.. I actually like? Yes. This scent is excellent. The fig is not a huge player and sits alongside a wonderful deep apple note along with some plum and a hint of melon, and all of the fruits are wonderfully juxtaposed against a warm, dry and woody vetiver note. The opening is momentarily fruit but quickly becomes rather green with a fresh grass note and a gentle pine note as well. The grassy note is wonderfully done - it is green and fresh and almost dewy thanks to the fruits and sappy fig in the background. I'll need to wear this some more to better understand it, but I must say that I can already tell that it is excellent.

Longevity seems to be average while sillage is quite mild. That's not particularly surprising though as the whole thing feels quite natural.

One phrase in particular came to mind while smelling it (not sure exactly why, must be the apple accord's influence and that wonderful grass note!): garden of eden at dusk.

edit: I get a nice but relatively weightless labdanumy amber note in the base, too. Coupled with the dry vetiver and the hints of benzoin (used to extend the apple nuances), it calls to mind Ambre Sultan of all things. Figaro is far lighter and less dense/syrupy, though. It's also not nearly as sweet - I wouldn't call it very sweet at all, actually. Actually, the labdanum accord in the base is closer to the way labdanum was used in Aziyade and also F Black by Ferragamo concering it's "weight" - or relative lack of, in this case. The odor profile of Figaro is still closer to Ambre Sultan than either Aziyade or F Black, though.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Good morning everyone Joining the Chanel gang and scent triplets with Tott and Pomander in Cuir de russie today. It's friday and that means studyday for me. Need to do quite a bit on the assignment and got plenty of books to read. Hope you all have a nice friday!
    Last edited by ineespenes; 3rd December 2010 at 06:40 PM.

Synchronized today in Shalimar EdP. Have a happy Friday ya'll!
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Out of synch in Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale - in 1920 they would have never released a perfume with such a silly name

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Synchronising with Coty L'Aimant (1927)
    This is my Aunt's favourite perfume and is very wearable.
    Reminds me a little of Chanel No. 5.
    L'Aimant is lovely! I prefer it to N°5, in general, it's warmer, a little dirtier and a little less prissy. N°5 really sings in snowy weather, though.

Thumbs up Re: SoTD ,Friday December 3rd,2010 Syncronized Friday :launched 1921-1930

Eau de Parfum

BAGHARI

Created by Francis Fabron and reformulated by Aurelien Guichard

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

In sync with a nice spritz of Weil's marvelous Zibeline. All Zibeline is vintage now, but this bottle is very vintage.

Am going with Shalimar for today.

This Synch Friday is a great excuse for me to join Coopmom & Carolina Girl in SHALIMAR!
    (Ooooooooh, I'm using body lotion too!!!!!)

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Tom Ford for Men today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Good Morning All. I love these nostolgic scents. A favorite of mine, worn by my grandmother, mother and myself is Coty's 'EMERAUDE' first intoduced in 1921. A favorite beauty product, and still in production after 75 years is the Coty's airspun face powder, it not only out performs the high end manufactures, the lovely scent transports me back to my mother and grandmothers vanities. Have a great day. )

Basenotes Plus

In sync and scent quadruplets with Tott, Pomander, and Ineespenes in the magnificent Chanel Cuir de Russie.

Happy Friday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

A scent twin with Klare in Coty Emeraude from a nice East Coast Basenoter.

Out of sync today. Still congested so wore something I could smell, Poison!

In synch with No. 5 edt today, current version. I agree, it sings in cool weather.

Forgot to check what the sychronized scent was for today. Wearing Obsession.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

AA Flora Nerolia as I dash out the door! (Need to buy 4 new tires.)

Blog Entries

This evening l will be synchronising with coopmom, carolina & ubu in Shalimar!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Creed Baie de Genievre.

For this sync day I've been wearing

TOUJOURS MOI de CORDAY (1924)

This is a version from the 1960s, not the one reformulated in the 90s. The notes include orange blossom, lavendar, jasmine, lilac, vetiver, musk, incense, amber, vanilla, sandalwood. I have never tried a vintage of Shalimar, but if I had blind-tested this soft and warm Toujours Moi I would have assumed it to be a vintage Shalimar. More sophisticated noses than mine would spot the difference, though.

It had a rather nice story attached to it in 1947. A composer called Harry Revel supposedly liked it so much when it he smelled it on a beautiful woman that he was inspired to write music based on all the Corday scents, called Perfume Set To Music. I think it is more likely that Corday commissioned him to publicise them, but I'd love to hear that music anyway.
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Doing the '20s in Chanel, too ~ joining Milou, my favorite Duc, and Kiliwia in Bois des Iles.

Had my day planned, then others changed it. One of my pet peeves. I should be more laid back.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Changed to No 5 for SOTE. Trudged through the snow today to the nearest village to get essential supplies. Unfortunately they were all out of bread and milk so had to bring back beer and wine instead. Damn shame

LOL about the substitutes for milk and bread!

Joining all the Shalimar wearers...

I'm in Coromandel. The ridiculous bottle is almost too large for my hands. And somebody came into my office today and asked if we'd been burning joss sticks. But I don't care!

I'm hopping on the Bois des Îles bus.

Happy belated birthday, Miss Mimi!!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    Changed to No 5 for SOTE. Trudged through the snow today to the nearest village to get essential supplies. Unfortunately they were all out of bread and milk so had to bring back beer and wine instead. Damn shame
    Spoken like a true Yorkshire lass, Catherine !! . I miss my homeland there but am certainly not envious of the weather you have been having. Cannot BELIEVE how lightly we have got off here in St Albans compared to the rest of the country. About an inch overnight on Monday and another half inch on Wednesday and most of that has gone now. We have been very fortunate indeed.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 3rd December 2010 at 05:54 PM.

Out of sync in Dioressence, in love with this perfume! You all are making me want to order some Chanel samples. Bois de Iles, Cuir de Russe are for sure in my basket. Reading lots of reviews to see which ones i HAVE to have!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Way to cope!
    A little reminder that tomorrow is Sniff 'n' Speak Gourmands:
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Hi - I've been lurking for a bit, this is my first post.

I'm in CdG Ourzazate today; I bought it after I went to Morocco on vacation in April, and to my nose it's a pretty accurate recreation of the incense that was sold outside many of the mosques and shrines. I actually ordered it unsniffed, which I never do, but I already had and love Avignon and Comme des Garcons 2, so I took a chance and it payed off.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by city mouse View Post
    Hi - I've been lurking for a bit, this is my first post.

I'm in CdG Ourzazate today; I bought it after I went to Morocco on vacation in April, and to my nose it's a pretty accurate recreation of the incense that was sold outside many of the mosques and shrines. I actually ordered it unsniffed, which I never do, but I already had and love Avignon and Comme des Garcons 2, so I took a chance and it payed off.
    Welcome city mouse !

Believe I'm in synch with my sample of Caron Nuit de Noel.

Happy weekend to all.

Blog Entries

The logical choice is the fragrance that defies logic and defines mystery, Mitsouko by Guerlain.

Happy friday all and huge welcome City mouse

Today I am in synch, wearing a delicious classic from a very little spoken of house on here; Le Numéro Cinq de Molyneux which was created in 1925 (or 1921 depending on the source) and seams to have faded from the radar of delicious scent. This should never have happened because this is an amazing scent and it is a true pleasure to experience.

Hope that the weekend will bring joy to all.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I'll be struttin' my stuff on Palm Beach's Worth Avenue in Sycomore tonight.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Good job! We can live without milk and bread, but certainly not without beer and wine. Not in this house.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    I'll be struttin' my stuff on Palm Beach's Worth Avenue in Sycomore tonight.
    Look at you! I hope the weather will be nice for you.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Doing the '20s in Chanel, too ~ joining Milou, my favorite Duc, and Kiliwia in Bois des Iles.
    Aah, that warms my royal heart!

SotE - Chanel N°22 ... still in synch!

Welcome city mouse !

I am also wearing Shalimar today.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Spoken like a true Yorkshire lass, Catherine !! . I miss my homeland there but am certainly not envious of the weather you have been having. Cannot BELIEVE how lightly we have got off here in St Albans compared to the rest of the country. About an inch overnight on Monday and another half inch on Wednesday and most of that has gone now. We have been very fortunate indeed.
    There is an upside to the crazy weather (apart from the last 3 days off work). Once you look past the stranded cars and empty shop shelves, the place does look magnificent in the snow!

Hi city mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Way to cope!
    A little reminder that tomorrow is Sniff 'n' Speak Gourmands:
    Still in synch and in good company SotE Chanel No. 5 and it really is amazing in this cold weather,simply amazing.

Quarry, Love the pic, my fav movie too hahahaha!!!!!!!

Welcome City mouse!!!

Hope everyone has a lovely and fragrant evening
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

In sync with Bellodgia by Caron (1927)
    PM: Lolita Lempicka

Quote Originally Posted by bookwyrmsmith View Post
    Chanel #5 edp
    something told me to wear Chanel no. 5 today and so I did! Nice to be in synch now and then.
    I wore the pure parfum version.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

No synch today but I wore Idole de Lubin.

Maybe I'll join Meester Tesla in Mitsuoko.

(yawns...too long a work day!)
    Last edited by actiasluna; 4th December 2010 at 12:00 AM.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

summer means fireflys

In sync today while wearing Habanita (introduced in 1921).

Happy Friday everyone!

Knize Ten - comforting, and managed to cut through my hundreds of layers of clothing. It's frosty here!

Hope everyone had a lovely Friday