Eau de Toilette

by Monsieur Jean-Paul Guerlain

Head Notes
    Orange, Pimento, Basil, Bergamot, Rosewood, Lemon

Heart Notes
    Carnation, Sandalwood, Patchouli,Cinnamon, Jasmine, Cedar, Rose
    Base Notes
    Labdanum, Leather, Amber, Benzoin, Oakmoss, Vanilla
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: SOTD Saturday 04 December 2010

Good morning everyone. Wearing L'Heure Bleue today.

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Ava Luxe - Cafe Noir - for Sniff-n-Speak Saturday (Gourmand).

Notes include black coffee bean, allspice berries, cardamom, French lavender, attar of roses, cedar, patchouli, vanilla, mocha, sandalwood, Siam benzoin and ambrette seeds.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Good morning!

Wearing Maison Francis Kurkdjian's Lumiere Noire Pour Femme, while watching the sun rise. A lovely, if contradictory, combo!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Fahrenheit de Christian Dior

Basenotes Institution

Today I am in the mood of rising and refusing to shine, must be a batch of puffy Pfeffernusse cookies from yesterday.

Trussardi Inside -- there should be a pink Venus symbol in the Directory -- the beige one, I bought the last bottle from parfum1. They will have more, I am sure.

Heard something funny yesterday, in the spirit of the high unemployment rate, that made me chuckle: "Be naughty and save Santa a trip!".

Basenotes Institution

Hello everyone-I am in a different time zone here and it is already evening.
    Have a lovely day all those waking up to Saturday and a good evening to all those in their evening !

Mitsouko parfum extrait for me today ( the new version )
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

If you're wearing something gourmand today, please post your thoughts about that fragrance in the SnS thread. Whatcha got goin' on -- coffee, tea, vanilla, sugar, pastry, candy?

I'm filling time here. Daughter and Husband got up early to get her on a plane for Vegas where she'll be running a half marathon (in Vegas, not on the plane). I've got a doc appt in 2 hours, so will shower and go sans frag for now. It took 4 appointments to finally get an annual exam, 1st appt doc canceled cuz he was sick, 2nd appt (two days later) he had left the practice (wha???), 3rd appt was with new doc who later needed to reschedule. A less confident gal could think nobody wants to see her naked.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Happy weekend everyone!
    Quarry, wishing your daughter good luck on her half marathon!

Wearing Shalimar Ode de la Vanille by Guerlain from a decant for Speak n Sniff Saturday.

Having an Alien day today

Wearing a sample of Pink Sugar for December Sniff 'n Speak. On the run this morning. Later, I'm going to try a decant of Angel Pure Malt. Both sent by kind Basenoters. Without Basenoters I'd know next to nothing about fragrances. I love you all. Have a great day!

Dreary day here. I plan to wear Arpege, but maybe I need something cozier. The temp is dropping.

Have a good weekend!

Quarry, good luck at the dr.'s appt. We had that happen with a dentist--went for an appt and he had skipped town over the weekend. Never heard from him again. Huh?

Basenotes Plus

I'm wearing Angel for today's Sniff 'n Speak.

Quarry, good luck to your daughter and to you on that appointment. A good day to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Cool and sunny here today. I think my Michael for Men needs wearing.

And thanks for the good-weather wish for last evening lillybelle, it was clear, calm and cool--just a perfect night for drinks and dinner at Ta-boo and a stroll down Christmas time Worth Ave..
    Last edited by kbe; 4th December 2010 at 01:49 PM.
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha

Hello all. Very cold, freezing fog with the ice and snow. Wearing Cuir de Lancome.
    DONNA

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Good morning, everyone! I'm sending a little mental sunshine to Twolf -- it's bright and sunny here in CT.
    I suppose winter will set in soon earnest, but so far I like what we aren't getting!

Today I'm wearing a sample of Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia with Cardamom & Myrrh. It's a cooler gardenia, not cloying the way many are.

Ambre Russe for S n' S. Yes, it is also an oriental, but with so many delicious foody notes!

Happy Saturday All,

SotD is Hypnotic Poison in all its yumminess

Q- Good luck to your daughter in her marathon, we too had a doctor that kept cancelling and then just disappeared never to be heard from again, not sure what happened to him.

Hope all you sweet, sweet smellin' people have a sweet day!!!!
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Serendipitous by Serendipity 3 for SnS
    (thanks to a generous basenoter)

Hi everyone. Some of you may remember me from a couple of years ago. I wandered off for a little bit. I seem to have wandered back. What happened is this - I did a couple of perfume swaps for a few fragrances that I'd wanted to try. But instead of sending what I'd traded for, both swapers (or are they swapees or? Well you see where I'm going) sent the trade items and then a ton of other things as well. Here I am with an almost intimidating amount of samples. So, I thought, great. I'm going to start sampling and doing some reviewing.

So, I'm back, because if I'm going to talk about perfume, I want to talk about perfume with you guys. So the SoTD is Traversee du Bosphore

Those of you following along at home may know that I'm having a Loukhom moment in my life. My initial impression is that while TdB is beautiful, it's not scratching that itch. So, if I'm going to evaluate it, I can't evaluate it though that particular prism, I'm going to have to take it on it's own.

The top notes are all suede on me. (does this make it a top note?) I'm not a huge leather fan. It often smells like bandaids on me. That can't be good, but this is not wearing that way. It has spared me the clinical smell and instead smells like a new jacket or pocketbook. There may be a hint of saffron and sugar as well. And yes, there is a shade of something floral, but it's not prominent, and I get no fruit as yet.

After a couple of minutes the floral becomes more obvious, but not truly distinct. I'm not saying, Look! Rose! or what have you. Just floral, so maybe it's the tulip, because that's a note I'm not very familiar with. The tulips I grow aren't very fragrant, but what I'm getting might be how they may smell if they did, but they don't. Have I lost you yet?

I'm off to have a day. I'll be back later after Traversee du Bosphore live with one another for a while.
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Yay! Hi, debbborra! I love it when people post reviews and impressions in SotD (and copy them to the reviews section, of course). I'm so lazy about following blogs, but I can at least read SotD.

Back from my new doc, whom I just love! Now wearing Black Vetyver Cafe -- but not on the inside of either elbow; phlebotomists turn me into a pincushion when trying to snag a slippery vein.

Plan to sample Menthe Fraiche later.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quarry, hope all is well!

Twolf, LOVE that quote, and I plan to use it. All will be stunned at my wit, since I work with mostly non-perfume wearers :P

I am sampling Hiris today. Trying to decide what I think but my first thought was ... mmmm, clean.

Hello everyone Had a very early start of the day (5!) due to having the first shift. Was really sleepy when I got home, so crashed on the sofa Today I'm scenttwin with Shoegal in Hypnotic Poison for S'n'S. Not sure about sotE yet. I enjoy this so much I might reapply
    Last edited by ineespenes; 4th December 2010 at 05:07 PM.

Basenotes Plus

SotD - Xerjoff 17/17 Homme.

SotE -

Good day all. I seem to be in a bit of an off mood; a little down, a little dreary, etc... Could be the overcast day we are having, who knows.

Oh! I forgot to wish everyone a wonderfully brilliant and Happy Chanukkah Sad thing is, mama and myself also forgot about Chanukkah and do not have any candles. So I have been lighting a Dyptique Feu de Bois each night.

But on a much happier note. Heyyyy debbborra!!!!! It is so nice to see you around again, you have been missed very much. I hope all is well with you and you will be on here much more regularly.

Quarry, good luck with the doctor, it sounds a bit frustrating. But it will all be alright.

Today, to perk up my mood, I am wearing Fille d'Ève by Nina Ricci again. This scent, in extrait form, brings me such joy and peace. Hopefully it will bring it in bucket loads today, I need it.

Hope the day sparkles for everyone.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    Quarry, hope all is well!
    Thank you, yes, just a checkup. As always, my weight is twice my I.Q., but all my vitals are to be envied.

Brielle, I give you a hug every day, my dear girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Thank you, yes, just a checkup. As always, my weight is twice my I.Q., but all my vitals are to be envied.

Brielle, I give you a hug every day, my dear girl.
    Weight?? You are not weighty, you are filled with pure love. Thank you for the hugs, I need them.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Good Morning All. For 'Sniff n Speak' Saturday, I'm wearing FRESH'S 'BROWN SUGAR' its a blend of carmel notes with citrus, perfect for a day of shopping.

TOP NOTES: Sicillian lemon, Tangerine, Aquai
    MIDDLE NOTES: Sugared Magnolia, Honeysucke, Peach Nectar
    Base Notes: Carmel, Warm Amber, Cypress

Blog Entries

I am wearing Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum for our Gourmand SnS.
    Finding myself enjoying the gourmands very much this Fall and Winter.
    But my fave gourmand can still be found in my signature rather than the today's SOTD post

We moved all furniture first thing in the morning to have the mattress guy come in and bring our new mattress. By the time we were done moving, vacuuming, etc. he called and said, "between 11 and 11:30." We both felt great! Now he just called and said that he made an appointment before actually looking for our mattress (really?) and now he found out that it didn't ship (really? we paid for it last Sunday...)

Oh well. We will shampoo the carpet anyway, move all the furniture back in and wait another week!
    So, I'm firmly in the waiting camp now.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    my weight is twice my I.Q.
    * snort *
    May I use this phrase, please? Seems to describe me perfectly!
    YAY, your sweet avatar is back! Love it!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Without Basenoters I'd know next to nothing about fragrances. I love you all. Have a great day!
    I can so attest to your sentiment! Kisses back atcha!

Quarry, nobody and I mean it, weighs 400 pounds, OK?

Debbborra, so nice to have you back, I saw you yesterday on another thread but was too busy to send a PM. We are planning to do them Blind Sniffs in 2011, care to participate on either side?

Elizrj, go for it! And, sorry again, I have probably never welcomed you to Basenotes. Better late, Welcome!
    Last edited by Twolf; 4th December 2010 at 07:16 PM.