Code of Conduct
    BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Comments about new shopping function

Just an F.Y.I., Grant

The page opens okay. I see banner and sidebar advertising and the different categories for shopping, but at the very top of the page, above the banner ad, this appears:

Warning: include_once(bn-inc/shopping_front.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/bn_shopping.php on line 224

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'bn-inc/shopping_front.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/bn_shopping.php on line 224

In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Comments about new shopping function

Cheers! I'm going to spend ten minutes to iron out a few bugs then bed! I must stop working at 2am!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Go to bed, young man!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Right, should be a bit better now. if not i'll sort it out in the morning!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Perfect. Sleep in.

Hi Grant,

I've had a little play with the Shopping function - very helpful addition - hopefully also to your cashflow!

Cheers. Will hopefully add some more Aussie stores soon. (only Perfume Empire at the moment!)

Grant,
    Thank you for all you do for the site, this new feature is yet another great addition to the best (fact) fragrance site in the world.

I think it would be awesome if there was a link to members offering specific fragrances for sale. For example, when I click on Terre D'Hermes, I get StrawberryNet, Scented Monkey and others. If one of those read: 'Basenotes Members' and it took me to a page listing members with TdH for sale or swap, that would be perfect.
    A great benefit of this site is being able to get rare jus from other BNers wanting to sell or swap. The current way of searching the For Sale Threads can be overwhelming. a simplified method as mentioned above or something similar would allevaite the stress involved.
    Ofcourse this means creating a way for members to list what they have for sale. Simply add a 'list for sale/swap' button methinks!

Hopefully this wasn't too convoluted...

Thanks dude
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

@Andrew - that's step two

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Cheers. Will hopefully add some more Aussie stores soon. (only Perfume Empire at the moment!)
    Grant - don't be too worried - (I suspect) most of us shop internationally because the local prices are so steep. The fact that you've sorted out who does and does not ship to Australia is probably more important.

FWIW, Perfume Empire charge the same prices in store as on-line; my observation is that they are carrying much less stock in-store than they were 18 months ago, and this is now being reflected in their on-line range too.

Does a brand not being listed (e.g. Frederic Malle) mean that their products are not available online or just that they have not been added to the beta system yet? Thanks and loving the feature!

Oh, you picky little include functions...

Very nice work, Grant. This is brilliantly useful not just for randomly looking around, but greatly speeding up the "where to buy it" comparison process, all in one window. Great job.

It's a good thing I seem to hate money, or I'd scold you for being an enabler.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post
    Does a brand not being listed (e.g. Frederic Malle) mean that their products are not available online or just that they have not been added to the beta system yet? Thanks and loving the feature!
    If a brand is not listed then it's either not stocked by any of the stores we are searching through, or it is stocked but they do not ship to your country.

I dont believe we have any F Malle stockists on board yet, but I'm working on it

Quote Originally Posted by Slamwich View Post
    Oh, you picky little include functions...

Very nice work, Grant. This is brilliantly useful not just for randomly looking around, but greatly speeding up the "where to buy it" comparison process, all in one window. Great job.

It's a good thing I seem to hate money, or I'd scold you for being an enabler.
    cheers!

All includes should be included now - thats what I get for late night coding!

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If a brand is not listed then it's either not stocked by any of the stores we are searching through, or it is stocked but they do not ship to your country.

I dont believe we have any F Malle stockists on board yet, but I'm working on it
    Thanks for the info and the great work. Loving the new function!

Default John Lewis for the UK?

Since John Lewis are 'never knowingly undersold' would it be possible to add this store?

My reason being that when ANY UK department store runs an offer, JL will match. I see JL as being a meta price search for all UK department stores.

Just my tuppence worth

This is a great function. I echo Andrewthecologneguy that searching member sales and wardrobe swaps would be fantastic. Also listing Samples as well as Wishlist would be nice as well.