Code of Conduct

Default Cologne for a 19 year old male college student everyday wear

Hi I have been looking through the forums continuously and reading reviews of all the choices on the site from other recommendations. However, I still cannot make up my mind and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me.

I really like the smell of the original issey miyake and was looking for something similar to it and the only cologne I own currently is aqcua di gio and I no longer want to smell like every single guy in college. I have grown a liking to the smell of lacoste essential as well, but after reading other reviews apparently body kouros is great as well but mainly used for going out.

As a result, I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for me that i could test out that would be great for college everyday wear.

Default Re: Cologne for a 19 year old male college student everyday wear

Burberry London, Corduroy, Everlast 1910 for the winter months - all 3 are spicy and pleasant - comforting scents.

Cool Water, Issey Miyake, Mugler Cologne for the summer - all 3 are bracing and clean/green

Corduroy and Everlast can be bought online for very few $

http://www.parfum1.com/corduroy-colo...?itm=CORDTS34T
    http://www.parfum1.com/everlast-brand.asp?brd=Everlast
    Last edited by adonis; 6th December 2010 at 02:00 AM.

If you like Issey Miyake, it might be good to check out Hanae Mori. It has a similar citrus accord to Issey, but there is a
    gourmand quality to it that makes it a bit better for the winter months. You may find it too feminine, but I think it would be a good one to sample anyway.

L'eau par Kenzo pour homme would fit your criteria. I think Guerlain Homme would also be a good choice.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

College fragrance ? ctran091 specifically recommends Nautica Voyage which can be had for 14 dollars at walmart and has great reviews. It's an "normal smellingl" fruit/aquatic/fresh/safe scent. Although the dry down can remind you of clean bed sheets, but I don't mind. Decent - Great in all catagorizes not quite superb though.
    Looking to purchase - Aventus any size or participate in a split

Quote Originally Posted by flyersfan18 View Post
    I really like the smell of the original issey miyake and was looking for something similar to it ... apparently body kouros is great as well but mainly used for going out ... As a result, I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for me that i could test out that would be great for college everyday wear.
    Firstly, go and try Body Kouros - ignore the 'this is for going out' stuff. If you like it, then wear it.

As for something like "Issey Miyake" - do you mean L'Eau d'Issey for Men ? - try:

Bulgari Aqua Marine for Men
    BOSS in Motion by Hugo Boss (white, green, or silver)
    Boss by Hugo Boss
    Adventure by Davidoff
    Black Jeans by Versace

Thanks a lot for so many great recommendations! I think I will probably go out and try some of these colognes very soon. I did mean L'Eau d'Issey for the issey miyake. However, one other cologne that has sort of caught my interest is Chanel allure sport. It seems to be similar to Allure but slightly fresher according to some other reviews would that be a one to test out as well?

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    If you like Issey Miyake, it might be good to check out Hanae Mori. It has a similar citrus accord to Issey, but there is a
    gourmand quality to it that makes it a bit better for the winter months. You may find it too feminine, but I think it would be a good one to sample anyway.
    Second

Quote Originally Posted by flyersfan18 View Post
    Thanks a lot for so many great recommendations! I think I will probably go out and try some of these colognes very soon. I did mean L'Eau d'Issey for the issey miyake. However, one other cologne that has sort of caught my interest is Chanel allure sport. It seems to be similar to Allure but slightly fresher according to some other reviews would that be a one to test out as well?
    Sure. That one's fine as well, although you do enter the realm of popular. Whatever you end up liking is all that matters.

Just take your time deciding and wear each fragrance for several hours. You might like the start and hate the finish of a cologne, or vice-versa.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Burberry London, Corduroy, Everlast 1910 for the winter months - all 3 are spicy and pleasant - comforting scents.

Cool Water, Issey Miyake, Mugler Cologne for the summer - all 3 are bracing and clean/green

Corduroy and Everlast can be bought online for very few $

http://www.parfum1.com/corduroy-colo...?itm=CORDTS34T
    http://www.parfum1.com/everlast-brand.asp?brd=Everlast
    Listen to this man.

Also try Dune Pour Homme by Christian Dior and Joop! Jump.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Bvlgari Aqva

Sables