Default Re: SOTD - 8th December 2010

Good morning fragrant friends!

31 Rue Cambon for me today.

hello all. Belle d'Opium.
    DONNA

Morning everyone! I'm wearing CdG Ouarzazate today. This is the perfect year-round fragrance, really, warm enough for winter, dry enough for warmer seasons.

Good morning everyone Today I was in the mood for the spicy,but relatively dry Opium. Need a selfesteem boost scent since it's almost my last day as the training for becoming a Socialworker.Will get the last feedback today from my "mentor".Hope she's happy with me:P Have a great day all

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    Good morning everyone Today I was in the mood for the spicy,but relatively dry Opium. Need a selfesteem boost scent since it's almost my last day as the training for becoming a Socialworker.Will get the last feedback today from my "mentor".Hope she's happy with me:P Have a great day all
    Good luck and congrats Inees!

I'm wearing Chanel's light and crisp Cristalle Eau Verte. Frankly, I think they should have just called this Eau Verte- a completely different scent from Cristalle and has it's own merits.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD - 8th December 2010

Yann Vasnier 's

L' HOMME SAGE

Eau de parfum

Parfums D I V I N E

Top Notes
    Mandarin Orange, Saffron, Cardamom, Litchi.
    Middle Notes
    Patchouli
    Base Notes
    Amber, Vanilla, Incense, Oakmoss.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Le Male Terrible

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is L'Artisan Traversee du Bosphore.

Notes include apple, pomegranate, tulip, iris, leather, saffron, Turkish delight accord (rose and pistacchio), vanilla and musks.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Happy Hump Day!

Andy Warhol Silver Factory by Bond No 9.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Basenotes Plus

Eau de Shalimar, have a great day all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Un profumo affettuoso

It's cold and unconfortable outside.... I needed a comforting, warm scent today, so I chose

ARABIE by Serge Lutens.

SotD Goutal Encense Flamboyant
    Im having a very hectic and long day at work, everybody seems stressed and a bit anxious - and what is my scent doing for me?
    Spicing it up further with whiffs of black pepper, clinging to me with persistant notes of dry gunpowder.
    Was remembering some warm incensy feeling from when I tried this earlier, but not today.
    Bah. Wrong choice.

+ congratulations to inees!

Yummy. 'Nough said.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Good morning everyone,
    Roberto, that looks awesome. The only Divine I've tried is "Inspiratrice. What's the L' Homme Sage like?

Millou, hang in there. Maybe by afternoon you'll be getting some energy from the 'fume. Sounds fascinating at least.

No sampling for me today. Yesterday my Espices D'Hiver came. Oh my goodness. This is the most awesome perfume ever. I'm tempted to drink it and bathe in it. It's just that good. It's converted me to a lover of Jasmine. It's got all the best qualities of Jasmine without all the poopie that often comes with it. But it's not an anemic cup of jasime tea either. (Though I do love that smell too.) But there's these great layers of depth, and warmth. Wearing it feels like visiting someplace elegant and smart. Too me it smells more deep than spicy. Deep but not dark.

Everyone have an excellent day!
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning everyone!
    Congrats Ineespenes on finishing your training!

Today I'm trying another from my "winter sample pack", Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque.
    Not a fan of the opening, but it quickly changes and I have to say, I really like this.
    Notes according to Luckyscent are: Corinthian raisins, white honey, candied Turkish rose,
    Egyptian jasmine, smoked leather, beeswax, Balkan tobacco, Peru Balsam,
    Patchouli, tonka bean, styrax, juniper tar oil.

Have a great day everyone!

L'Heure Bleue vintage extrait... so very intimate. This is just for me and feels like the softest cashmere scarf. Today was the day for it.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Terre d'Hermès Edt today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Good Morning,

Congrats on completing your training Ineespenes , Kiliwia your scent sounds amazing do let us know how it progresses

Scent twins with Inees in Opium

Hope everyone has a good day !!
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Parfums de Nicolai's Vanille-Tonka today. Have a great day!

Good Morning All. SOTD is 'STELLA' by Stella McCarthy. Have a good day everybody.

Juliette Has a Gun's Calamity Jane - today I feel like I may need a gun! Customer's get so demanding right before Christmas. I can't possibly make all of their holidays perfect!

Debbborah and Kilwia, reading your descriptions make me want to try these scents! I love reading people's impressions of scents, especially when they're written with such passion for the subject.

House twins with petruccijc - L'Artisan

Havana Vanille

Shoegal, I appreciate the fact that you remember the day -- with John Lennon in your picture.

Etro Benetroessence Raving for me.

Morning howdies to all!

This morning spending the day in the gorgeous MFK Absolue Pour le Soir. Geez, this is superb stuff!

Went beddy-bye in Ayala Moriel Ayalitta.

I've allowed my collection to get a little disorganized, need to tidy them up. I'm thinking of taking a MONTH and giving all the frags I haven't yet worn this year a chance to play.

Q- I now permanently associate Black Amber & Ginger Lily and Sabi with you, the same way I match up Shades with Angel. Those are YOUR special ones!

Inees - Good luck and Big congrats! Very proud of you!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Kenzo Jungle L'Éléphant

Hello everyone!

I'm in Ysatis parfum on this frigid morning. I usually prefer this glamorous scent in warmer weather as it evokes sultry summer days on sweeping white beaches, or vast sparkling swimming pools under blue skies, and cool marble hotel lobbies with potted palms and huge vases of exotic flowers ...but that's exactly what I'm itching for right now. It's so awesome - even in the coldest and darkest days of winter (and to be fair, it's freaking cold out right now, but it's actually a gorgeous, sunny day here in Wisconsin) you can still conjure a tropical paradise with perfume.

Congratulations and good luck to ineespenes! I'm proud of you, too! And you've worked hard for this so you should be very proud of yourself, as well!

And more good luck to actiasluna - I missed some of the action here, but it looks like you're still waiting to hear the (good!) news about your promotion, right?

coopmom - re. your comment from yesterday, I also fragrance myself pre-workout, and I often sample new ones this way. I think it's a perfect way to test the development of a fragrance without having to invest a whole day in a scent you may not like, or to simply surround yourself in a cloud of heavenly perfume for the duration of an excruciating (and/or monotonous) workout. This is only at home naturally, but I love to workout with lots of Aromatics Elixir! (I've been asked to stick to the quieter Chanels for ballet, lol!)

Y'all have a fantastic day!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 8th December 2010 at 05:25 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

AM: Organza Indécence by Givenchy
    PM: Blue Amber by Montale

Basenotes Plus

Update on the Fumerie Turque. It mellows out to a really nice leather oriental floral, once the smoky opening tones down a bit. There is a slight sweetness to it and the florals are there but not taking over. I would definitely say it could be worn by both men and women. There's only a slight tobacco note, but I actually like it in there. It's a very interesting scent and for those who haven't tried it yet, I think you'ld enjoy it, especially if you are fond of leather notes.

Welcome back Evangeline!!!! Look at you all married now, you fine girl!

Inees - congrats to you!

I'm thinking of dear Quarry today, as I wear the very elegant and green Chanel Bel Respiro. A delicate breath of dewy moss and greens on a wintry-cold day.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

I'm wearing Divine des Tropiques by La Maison Vanille, from a Lucky Scent sample forwarded by a Basenoter. It's very sweet and creamy.

Good luck to ineespenes! Keeping all fingers and toes crossed for you, but I'm sure you will pass with flying colors.

I hope everyone is well today.

Basenotes Plus

SotE -

Parfum Sacre EDP

Basenotes Plus

Busy, busy...had an emergency root canal last night. Guess the crown I got a week ago wasn't the "fix" I needed after all. First time I've not been in some sort of pain in weeks.

Celebrating in Laurie Stern's Bed of Roses, version 2 from her Velvet & Sweet Pea Purrfumery. 9 different rose distillations, rose leaf absolute, boronia, sandalwood, cognac, tuberose, orange blossom & green mandarin..to name a few. I've found this scent to be so soothing and quite, quite beautiful.

Laurie's fragrances aren't listed in the directory though.

http://www.purrfumery.com/index.php

No affiliation, just an admirer.
    Last edited by RHM; 8th December 2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Added link.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Ava Luxe Egyptian Musk today

Trying to stay warm in Youth Dew today.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Ha! My wardrobe is so constricted, my friends have much of it memorized. Lessa Pomander

Well, Ha-Ha! I say. Just when you thought you had me figured, I go and apply Miller Harris Fleur Oriental — that's right, my nemesis category. Despite it being a present-day juice, it has an old-timey quality that works for me.

Inees, you've climbed a mountain. Do a dance when you reach the peak. You deserve celebration.

You're all smelling diverse and rich today. Cold weather is a good thing for stirring up our fragrance choices.

RHM, may you never have dental problems ever again. Enough!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

Busy day here.

I'm wearing a sample of Azarro Acteur and it is really nice! But there is a strong celery note on my skin; have to think about it some more.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD - 8th December 2010

Quote Originally Posted by debbborra View Post
    Good morning everyone,
    Roberto, that looks awesome. The only Divine I've tried is "Inspiratrice. What's the L' Homme Sage like?

Millou, hang in there. Maybe by afternoon you'll be getting some energy from the 'fume. Sounds fascinating at least.

No sampling for me today. Yesterday my Espices D'Hiver came. Oh my goodness. This is the most awesome perfume ever. I'm tempted to drink it and bathe in it. It's just that good. It's converted me to a lover of Jasmine. It's got all the best qualities of Jasmine without all the poopie that often comes with it. But it's not an anemic cup of jasime tea either. (Though I do love that smell too.) But there's these great layers of depth, and warmth. Wearing it feels like visiting someplace elegant and smart. Too me it smells more deep than spicy. Deep but not dark.

Everyone have an excellent day!
    Debbborra L'HOMME SAGE is a beautiful woody chypre with predomint patchouli / incense notes, on me. It is one of my must have, as well as L'ÊTRE AIMÉ HOMME.Both simply wonderful
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 8th December 2010 at 08:58 PM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Joined Lessa with MFK Absolue pour le Soir as my SotE. It just felt right today.

Blog Entries

I can hardly believe I have survived yesterday. It was a tedious working day crowned with an incredibly annoying work dinner. I was the only one at the table who was not having a good time, and you know, it actually makes it much worse.

I am still sans fragrance, and ready to take a walk to reset my system. Guess what I will apply when I'm back home? (planned on it since the day before yesterday!) I will apply Creed Aventus, thinking, of course, about our Quarry!

My PMs are being unanswered, but my dear friends, I am alright and will respond after I come back from a walk. Love you, your thoughtfulness and kindness.
    Have a great day, you all.

Am wearing Cartier's So Pretty today. Just one spray, since I was in a dr.'s waiting room for hrs. waiting for hubby to have some minor surgery. Am still enjoying the Cartier, and I didn't notice anyone moving away from me this morning. It is a happy scent, to me, and I needed a lift.

Congrats, Innes!

Annick Goutal Encens Flamboyant.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Welcome back, Evangeline!

Good luck, Inees!

A difficult day, all public transport workers were on strike, I couldn't go to work, I had to quit trying after driving for 2,5 hours in the traffic this morning... And then I had to drive for 2 hours in the afternoon, to take children from their school and their evening lessons...

sotd was Nuit de Tubereuse - L' Artisan, from a sample.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

SotE - Angel, Liqueur de Parfum

Basenotes Institution

Mark Birley For Men Charles Street by Mark Birley (first time from a sample)

Tumulte by Christian Lacroix for the rest of the evening

I had to wear Apres L'ondee today, as I was ghostscenting it last night as I fell asleep. Probably the powdery comforting scent of my unglamorous thermal undies! Or perhaps my hot water bottle.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

So... +1 on the good luck and congrats Ineespenes... RHM, glad you got the dental work over with and hugs... Hugs to Dora, what a hassle with the snarled traffic... (I know I've missed somebody but speed-reading this thread is challenging today, it's pretty long!)

Thanks Evangeline... I got some very good feedback as a reply to my "thank you" e-mail to one of the interviewers today, I am feeling fairly confident but don't want to presume I got the promotion yet... so today to bolster my confidence and patience, I wore Habit Rouge, the red leather-wrapped EDP. Nice! (and great longevity).

And am over the moon that my sweetie could "borrow" his biz partner's internet connection to talk to me on Skype right after work... the time difference was "messing with my head" as it was sunrise Thursday there and 4:30 pm Wednesday here... Got it now though.

Everyone smells lovely today!

Edit: I'm now wearing a sample of Van Cleef and Arpels Automme (thanks to a sample from another generous Basenoter), and think that it has a quite different smell from Sycomore but shares the autumnal effect. It matches the vermillion sunset colors that were lighting up the sky just before sunset tonight in emotional intensity, if that makes any sense at all!
    Last edited by actiasluna; 9th December 2010 at 12:24 AM.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Hi again -

I'm in the luscious honeyed magnolias of L'Instant de Guerlain edp for the evening ....mmmmm - always just right. Good night everyone!

Oh yes, more hugs for ((*dora*)). Don't despair - it may take some time but things will get better!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

bleu autumn haze

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    SotE - Angel, Liqueur de Parfum
    oh! How I wish I had bought this last year when it was released. I should look around and see if it's available anywhere ...

I'm wearing regular Angel today. I had a long day yesterday, working 14+ hours on call, and was deadass tired still today. I needed my good friend, Angel.

Take care everyone!

SotE is Emeraude vintage bottle that belonged to my late mother. Hugs and luck to all that may need them,
    feeling tired and cold so I bid you all a good night
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Jubilation XXV by Amouage
    I started the day wearing this. It really wakes up the senses, doesn't it? Now I'm ending the day wearing Regina Harris Frankincense Myrrh and Rose Maroc with Olivier Durbano's Rock Crystal - very relaxing scents.

My SotE is Penhaligon's Bluebell, and now I know why Mimi Gardenia loves it. I think I do, too. Stay warm, everyone.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Sounds like it was a trying day for some of you. I hope tomorrow is better!

Actiasluna and Ineespenes, congratulations on your accomplishments and crossing fingers for your goals to be achieved.

I smell simply stunning in Ambre Precieux, my very best amber. :-)

Good evening all. I am back after a few days of; not feeling well, my laptop was acting up something terrible and kept shutting down, etc...

Ines, Wishing you all the best with this last hurdle and then you are all set.

Actiasluna I am sure you have done a smashing job with the interview, I will wish you all the best.

Today I wore Mystère de Rochas and tonight I will wear Tamango de Leonard after bathing.

Hope all wil hae a great night and tomorrow.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source