Code of Conduct

Default Drop Dead Sexy Fragrance

I want a fragrance that is just... sexy. There is no other way to say it. I am older rather than younger, have worn and loved (and still wear) Escada, Sung, Boucheron, Fracas among others. I love jasmine, gardenia, peony,rose, ylang ylang, coconut for sure. Some people have recommended Jean Paul Gaultier Classique. Please help me find something; I'm also just long overdo for a new fragrance.
    Any ideas?
    Thank you,
    Clunygrey
    http://www.clunygreyjewelry.com

Default Re: Drop Dead Sexy Fragrance

Noir Patchouli by Histoires de Parfums.
    Last edited by Larimar; 10th September 2012 at 01:36 PM.

Sur la Plage

Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

"Sexy scent" can mean so many different things to different people (and what you find sexy on yourself your partner/date might easily hate) - you'll have to decide for yourself. Some of my picks:

Dana Tabu
    Boucheron Trouble
    FM Musc Ravageur
    Isabey Gardenia (more classy than drop dead...)
    Chanel Coromandel
    Shalimar
    SL Chergui, Arabie, Feminite du Bois
    Rochas Femme
    HdP Tubereuse 3 l'Animale
    Bal a Versailles
    Jicky
    ELdO Putain des Palaces

Basenotes Plus

Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess
    Creative Scentualization Perfect Veil
    Rochas Femme
    Helmut Lang edp
    Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger
    Christian Dior Addict
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

No mention of Hypnotic Poison yet? I'm shocked!

Hypnotic is the drop dead sexy frag..!

- Obsession
    - Bal à Versailles
    - Coco

Un profumo affettuoso

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    "Sexy scent" can mean so many different things to different people
    I absolutely agree!

Many people find Cashmir by Chopard quite sexy or go for Opium, Youth Dew (Lauder said it was "sex in a bottle") or Angel, I personally opt for

Shalimar by Guerlain.

Of course you could also try some niche scents like Ambré Précieux by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier or
    (another favourite of mine) Anonimo Veneziano by Nobile 1942.
    "Lei" by Mazzolari is very sexy, too (in my opinion).

Sur la Plage

Tokyo Milk Dead Sexy No 6
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm agreeing with Un Profumo and Chopard's Casmir, given the notes you tend to enjoy. Opium is also very sexy and I have heard that opinion voiced by several males. Okay, just in a general way. Not whispering in my ear. Just sayin'.

Blog Entries

Profumo Eau de Parfum by Acqua di Parma
    Initial by Boucheron
    Jasmin Noir by Bvlgari
    Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere by Chanel
    J`adore Eau de Parfume by Dior
    Pure Poison by Dior
    D&G by Dolce&Gabbana
    The One by Dolce&Gabbana

Thanks so much everyone! Now I have a place to start. I'm ordering samples and will be going to the dept. stores with a list. I'll let you know what seems to work a few weeks from now!
    Thank you!
    Clunygrey

Tom Ford's Black Orchid has smelled immediately sexy on every woman I've ever smelled it on....Black Orchid just does it for me.

Lolita Lempicka L, you don't hear much about it anymore but when it was released it was a big.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Obsession is a classic sex bomb, along with Opium, Cashmere Mist and Must De Cartier

I agree on a lot of these suggestions but would like to add Crystal Noir and Samsara based on your preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    Lolita Lempicka L, you don't hear much about it anymore but when it was released it was a big.
    No no, that still works, trust me. A little cheap and common, but man do I love it. And there really isn't a girl it doesn't smell awesome on.

Thanks to the person who listed Jasmin Noir by Bulgari; coming back from South Africa last week, I noticed it in dutyfree and bought it and I love it! I don't know that I consider it super-sexy; I wish it lasted longer, but on me it smells like a daily signature fragrance - the way that I used to use Sung. Many of you mentioned Bal a Versailles, one of my old favorites I wore in 1979 and after.
    I'm still looking for samples of almost every perfume you all mentioned here. Thank you again!
    By the way, in dutyfree, I sniffed Ange ou Demon and it caught me immediately; then I saw it was the men's version I had fallen in love with. Any thoughts on Ange ou Demon pour Homme anyone?

Blog Entries

Hi Clunygrey, welcome to basenotes!

As you love gardenia & coconut, l highly recommend Intense Tiare by Montale. l feel deliciously sexy wearing it, & my SO loves it on me too, & believe me he's very hard to please fragrance-wise! lt has fabulous sillage & longevity. You can get samples from Luckyscent.

Happy sniffing, l look forward to hearing your impressions!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hmmmm.
    I personally love big long-lasting perfumes that make people turn around on the street. So if you have worn gardenia scents and Fracas, you might really like Annick Goutal's Gardenia Passion--an amazing scent. I have a woman friend who's just a bit older than me (I'm 56) and this was her signature scent for years and very sexy indeed. A big wonking white flower with that touch of strange bitter greeny edge it needs.

I agree with other's suggestion of Shalimar OF COURSE. One of the most brilliant sexy perfumes ever made, especially if you layer the lotion with the scent.

I'm wondering if you would like Reminisence Patchouli Elixir? Even if you "think" you don't like patchouli or think it's a "hippie" scent, this is a bomb of a perfume, kind of dark, with a basenote of tonka bean (sweet but not overpoweringly so) and incredibly longlasting. When I wear it men go all helpless and stammer about how good I smell.
    Finally another patchouli by Lush, called Karma, which is also a dark, sexy smell cut with orange and, believe it not, pine but which does not smell at all "woodsy" but rather very sophisticated, mysterious, and of course sexy.
    Good luck! Let me know if you try any of these!

Black Orchid EDP by Tom Ford.

Sensual as hell!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Clunygrey View Post
    Thanks to the person who listed Jasmin Noir by Bulgari; coming back from South Africa last week, I noticed it in dutyfree and bought it and I love it! I don't know that I consider it super-sexy; I wish it lasted longer, but on me it smells like a daily signature fragrance - the way that I used to use Sung. Many of you mentioned Bal a Versailles, one of my old favorites I wore in 1979 and after.
    I'm still looking for samples of almost every perfume you all mentioned here. Thank you again!
    By the way, in dutyfree, I sniffed Ange ou Demon and it caught me immediately; then I saw it was the men's version I had fallen in love with. Any thoughts on Ange ou Demon pour Homme anyone?

I am not aware of the existence of Ange ou Demon pour Homme.......

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I am not aware of the existence of Ange ou Demon pour Homme.......
    nor i

I will second Carnal Flower and recommend Lauder's Gardenia-Tuberose and YSL's Paris.

Guerlain Oriental Brulant might be worth a look.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 17th January 2011 at 06:10 AM.

Ummm, more to try: Shalimar is out though; it was my younger sister's signature fragrance in the late '70s and 80s.
    Have I messed up on Ange ou Demon? I looked at so many scents. Both the male and female versions of this were in a tallish bottle that came to a sort of point - the homme was a dark purple colour, I think, and the female was light pink. Now I'm going to have to go look at bottles all night! This is the first time I've ever wanted to wear a man's perfume.
    Cluny

Oh, this is going to sound strange, but there are some brands that I can't seem to wear - while I wear Estee Lauder makeup, I have never been able to wear an Estee Lauder scent. The Chanels all smell awful on me, too.
    Cluny

Blog Entries

Ummm, more to try: Shalimar is out though; it was my younger sister's signature fragrance in the late '70s and 80s.
    Have I messed up on Ange ou Demon? I looked at so many scents. Both the male and female versions of this were in a tallish bottle that came to a sort of point - the homme was a dark purple colour, I think, and the female was light pink. Now I'm going to have to go look at bottles all night! This is the first time I've ever wanted to wear a man's perfume.
    Cluny
    Someone correct me if l'm wrong, but l think the light-coloured bottle is Ange ou Demon le Secret, which is a much lighter, "summer" version, while the dark bottle is the original (women's) fragrance. l tried le Secret & found it disappeared on me in minutes, not impressed with that one.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I think that you're right; I'll have to go get the dark version of the Ange ou Demon. It was probably sitting on the counter with wrong label under it on the counter and I mistakenly thought it was a man's version. Thanks so much!

Agreeing with Black Orchid and adding Fendi Theorema (if you can get hold of it!),
    Anne Pliska and Bulgari Omnia. I also find Ivoire DDS in a way.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I personally find Ange ou Demon comforting and innocent, not seducing at all.

Classique eau de parfum !Gaultier

Escada Magnetism!Modern youthful

Poison Sensualle!

Opium Yves Saint Laurent!

Samsara Guerlain :Spicy Oriental

and of course Coco Chanel!
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    No mention of Hypnotic Poison yet? I'm shocked!

Hypnotic is the drop dead sexy frag..!

- Obsession
    - Bal à Versailles
    - Coco
    I totally agree! I absolutely love Hypnotic Poison!

Gaultier's Classique is out. It may have many aldehydes, but it definitely has that very perfumey alcohol smell on me.

How could I forget Bal a Versailles?! It's filthy in the best possible way

carnal flower.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 31st March 2011 at 01:09 AM.

If you like florals, Serge Luten's A La Nuit is just about as earthy as a jasmine fragrance can get. And for winter, SL's Chergui is spicey amber & tobacco. Two very sexy fragrances to my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Tom Ford's Black Orchid has smelled immediately sexy on every woman I've ever smelled it on....Black Orchid just does it for me.
    That's what I came here to say!
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Hi, Everyone,
    I am totally enjoying my quest for a dead sexy perfume. On order are Tokyo Milk and Hypnotic Poison. I am currently wearing Jasmin Noir much of the time and have really fallen for it on a daily basis. I just bought some regular Ange ou Demon and am enjoying that as well though it's a bit different for me. I especially like the lotion that I bought with Ange ou Demon; it smells better than the actual perfume.
    This is such a fun problem to have!
    Thanks to everyone!
    Cluny

Update: I am wearing Tom Ford's Black Orchid that I got a descant of - I love it, but it doesn't seem to have that "knock you in the face" quality so many people who reviewed it think it does. The juice may have been affected somehow. I've also tried Creed's White Flowers (nice, but subtle and feminine), and an old favorite, Norrell.
    I've got to get a whole bottle of Black Orchid. I'm about to order Carnal Flower.
    Thanks to all!
    Cluny

Christian Dior - Dune
    Nina Ricci - L'Air du Temps

Update: I am wearing Tom Ford's Black Orchid that I got a descant of - I love it, but it doesn't seem to have that "knock you in the face" quality so many people who reviewed it think it does. The juice may have been affected somehow.
    Oh, but it does--to me, at least, and everyone who entered my house after I accidentally had a sample of it come open and spill into my purse. It smelled up every room! I hung the purse outside for several days but it still reeked (because in too-large of a dose, this one will kill you!) and I don't use that handbag anymore. I'm a sucker for knock-you-down, smell-you-coming-yards-away scents and that little mishap almost made me ill, but in the proper amount Black Orchid is *such* a sensual nighttime fragrance! Definitely get a bottle--it certainly fits the bill of what you're looking for!

Blog Entries

Update: I am wearing Tom Ford's Black Orchid that I got a descant of - I love it, but it doesn't seem to have that "knock you in the face" quality so many people who reviewed it think it does. The juice may have been affected somehow. I've also tried Creed's White Flowers (nice, but subtle and feminine), and an old favorite, Norrell.
    I've got to get a whole bottle of Black Orchid. I'm about to order Carnal Flower.
    Thanks to all!
    Cluny
    Thanks for reporting back, Cluny! l too love Black Orchid, & Carnal Flower is a great choice. l look forward to hearing your impressions.

What about Jasmin de Nuit by TdC? Animalistic + spicy/creamy Jasmine.

I tried Carnal Flower. Wow! This may be the one!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my God, this is fun! I'm wearing Judith Leiber's Night at the moment and my husband liked it. He said, "Fruity." Funny. I've been wearing Tom Ford's Black Orchid and I will be buying a bottle. I love it, especially that dark decadent undertone that is a little dirty in the most wonderful way. I've only worn Carnal Flower once, but, oh my, I love it already. What bliss to have 2 drop-dead sexy fragrances that both smell good on me! I haven't really done the daytime thing with Carnal Flower yet though. I first try a fragrance usually by putting it on after showering at night before going to bed. If I can't sleep with it, and my cat Cluny (who sleeps with me) comes up, sniffs and goes to the very end of the bed without any petting, I know it's not a winner! Cluny is a wonderful judge of fragrance.
    And I adore Imperatrice Eugenie Jasmin by Creed! Oh what a fun journey this is! And thank all of you for starting me on it.
    I've got to get some Tokyo Milk.
    Oh, I forgot to say I tried Serge Luyten's A La Nuit. Yes, I like it, but for a change, not a signature.
    Last edited by Clunygrey; 11th November 2012 at 06:12 AM.

I'm still trying fragrances: I love Carnal Flower! It smells wonderful on me (I think) and makes me so happy and makes me feel sexy and feminine. The problem is that my cat Cluny doesn't seem to like it. He sleeps with me and when I have Carnal Flower on, he comes up, sniffes, and instead of lying with his head on my shoulder or spooning with me if I'm lying on my side, he goes to the foot of the bed to sleep. Imperatrice Eugenie Jasmin suits him just fine as does Black Orchid (he is a little quizzical about Black Orchid). I'm still getting a bottle of Carnal Flower though; he'll just have to get used to it!
    Cluny

Bois d'Armenie is pretty sexy.

I agree about Carnal Flower, it's gorgeous and your cat is hilarious! I suggest you Coromandel and to try some of the By Kilian line, especially Back to Black, Rose Oud, and Love don't be shy. Also, Lumiere Noir, Maison Francis Kurkdjian is supposed to be drop dead sexy and I find Rose Barbare by Guerlain sexy. hmmm

Oh, thank you for some new recommendations! I'll check them out as soon as possible.
    Cluny

Hypnotic Poison is fabulously sexy. Agree also with Bal a Versailles. Another one like for the sultry seductive mood is Lady Million by Paco Rabanne. Pirate's Gold by Hove is also terrific.

What constitutes "sexy" in fragrance is a very individual thing -- and I tend to think it's in large part driven by the confidence of the wearer. So once you find something *you* really like and that you can wear with confidence and *feel* sexy in, that's your best drop dead sexy fragrance.

It does seem that you are drawn to florals, and so those are good places to start. I, too, adore Carnal Flower -- it's utterly narcotic, I think, and I love wearing it. SL Sarrasins is fabulously odd jasmine -- some people get a green, menthol/cool effect with it, but I get jasmine and leather. It might be worth a try to see how your nose responds to it.

Annick Goutal Songes is one that I find *very* sexy because the jasmine is, for *me*, not only very indolic but seems to be infused with an overt musk, which I normally don't wear all that well, but I love it in Songes. Not everyone has the same experience with Songes -- some people smell it as a very clean, ladylike jasmine. So maybe another good one to try.

Lutens's new gardenia (which may or may not actually be about gardenia, depending on your nose) Une Voix Noire is another one I love -- rummy, sweet, smoky gardenia and jasmine. Love this one.

Lutens Un Lys is gorgeous and, for me, my prim and proper sexy -- the vanilla and musk in this one play off the nice/naughty dichotomy very well, and the lily is a true, rubbery lily and not lily of the valley.

If you want to see if other kinds of fragrance evoke sexy for you and move away from the florals, you might want to look at some ambers. My boyfriend really loves Carnal Flower and Une Voix Noire but by and large, he finds ambers and ambery gourmands the most sexy on me.

If you're interested in experimenting beyond florals, just say the word.

Overcome By Fumes

Well it's been almost 2 years since this question was asked, and I'm not sure you've found a satisfactory answer yet, despite many good suggestions. Perhaps Cabochard is the solution. Have you not tried Rochas Femme to date?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post

Lutens's new gardenia (which may or may not actually be about gardenia, depending on your nose) Une Voix Noire is another one I love -- rummy, sweet, smoky gardenia and jasmine. Love this one.
    If I were women, this would be the one. It is the sexiest scent I have had the opportunity to smell this year, second is Guerlain Boise Torride.

Tolu by Ormonde Jayne

My two sexiest scents are Vero Kern's Onda and L'Artisan Parfumeur's Nuit de Tubéreuse

Drop Dead Sexy would be a hot fragrance name...

I really like Nasomatto Narcotic Venus right now - it's feeling so sexy on me.

I need to re-try Onda. The one time I tried it, locker room came to mind, not satin sheets. My sensuality center isn't in my armpits.

Hi!
    So many sexy frags have already been dropped here, But my additional would be Gucci rush for that slap in the face sexy. Sillage is huge, and it keeps on slapping for hours and hours