Code of Conduct

Thread: Zino Davidoff

Lightbulb Zino Davidoff

Zino Davidoff is discontinued,as we all know.For me a reason to buy a few big bottles for the future.
    Many good quality scents are leaving the market.Are you creating some stock sometimes,just like an hamster?
    Have a nice day everybody!

Default Re: Zino Davidoff

Not in my case. Maybe my absolute love for a fragrance will change in the future. And there are so many good fragrances I want to enjoy.
    However, in the case of Zino...I should buy some backups!!!

I'm happy with what I've got but I find that every once in a while a good deal comes along, so the idea of stockpiling doesn't even cross my mind. If I live long enough to use up what I've got now, I think I'd be well over 100 !

Glad it's been discontinued, it's disgusting!

Not turned off by this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Glad it's been discontinued, it's disgusting!
    Wow...,,, how many times are you going to comment on how "bad" certain fragrances are in your opinion ??? Can't you have some respect for a fragrance ? There are people out there that just love certain fragrances that you hate.
    If the topic is not your type of fragrance, why not just switch to another thread, instead of bashing this fragrance ?
    Have some class...
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

Zino for me is the one of the best scents ever created, and the best from Davidoff. This is old product, but timeless...

I will not be stocking up on anything myself.....I have enough to keep me busy for a while!!!
    Gary

Sur la Plage

A great fragrance for people who like fragrances.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 10th December 2010 at 03:26 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I do like Zino and rate it quite highly. Oozes class and style.

I buy backups if it is an exceptional deal. Or a favourite that is discontinued. I think I have maybe five or six backup bottles of various scents right now... My rotation is so large that I may only wear some three or four times a year, so I have to temper my purchases with that fact. One day when I pare down the collexion I may concentrate on ten or fifteen fragrances and then will be the time for backups -- especially for Creed Millesimes, which vary from batch to batch and age out differently.
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

I love this one and do have a large back up bottle. It's a difficult scent to understand and appreciate and it took me a number of wearings and in large doses before it clicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaggy1 View Post
    Wow...,,, how many times are you going to comment on how "bad" certain fragrances are in your opinion ??? Can't you have some respect for a fragrance ? There are people out there that just love certain fragrances that you hate.
    If the topic is not your type of fragrance, why not just switch to another thread, instead of bashing this fragrance ?
    Have some class...
    There's no rule on this board that says that I can't have an opinion. However you personally attacking me is unnecessary. I'm not disrespecting anyone because they like it; but you are disrespecting me for not liking it.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

I don't think I own anything Davidoff, I just can't get over the name.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I consider Zino to be a classic and have more than enough put away to keep my need satisfied. Others that are discontinued or going that way?.. with so many great frags I have yet to try or discover at this point I am going to be verrry picky about what I am buying for backup juice.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Btw dear gents, Armani Attitude (not extreme version) is totally a copy of Zino Davidoff. I know, I know, the notes are completely different, BUT you'd be amazed if you tried.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    A great fragrance for people who like fragrances.
    Joe.....you're the king of the understated one-liner.

Zino is good stuff. I don't wear it much, but like the idea that I have a bottle when I'm in the mood for dark and raucous.

Thankfully, it is still available at some trustworthy retailers, so I may consider stocking up too

I have one bottle extra put away. I think it's an excellent fragrance.
    there are still lots of fragrances out there so I'm guessing it will be enough.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

With the benefit of hindsight (re now hard to find discontinued frags) and because i love Zino that much, i have enough to last a long long while.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Wore it 2 days ago to work. Great,great fragrance!
    I have 2 backup bottles....
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

My infrequent use negates the need for back-up bottles, but is undoubtedly a splendid perfomer. There is definitely a very deviant and dirty dimension to Zino Davidoff - it's like a priest telling a filthy joke.

it's like tango. black and red, formal and dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    it's like tango. black and red, formal and dirty.
    Excellent description! I love the stuff, but sometimes quibble over when exactly to wear it. I finally settled on anytime. It is good for work and, with a few extra sprays, excellent for a night out, too. For a long time, I thought it was a touch too formal for casual or work wear, but I'm over that now.
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

I don't wear this alot, but only because I want to wear it when it is the right time for it. A fragrance I really admire. Sarıpatates worded it very well.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

For anyone in the area, Douglas Netherlands appears to be clearing out their stock of Zino Davidoff. Last night at the shop in the Haarlemmerstraat in Leiden in a "50% off" bin there were some dozen 120ml bottles of EdT at EUR 24.95.

Same here in Amsterdam: Douglas Kalverstraat / Kalvertoren selling 125ml's for 24,95. Loads of 'em.
    I got 3. Gave one away. Started using one and keeping one on a dry cool place for later use.
    With pain in my heart i say: bye bye, Zino!

Banned
    Blog Entries

I have a bottle, and I'm pretty sure it's my favorite wood fragrance of all time, bar none, hands down, no further questions your honor.

As an aside, I've only used it a few times, but somehow have already gone through almost an ounce. Davidoff's atomizers are absurdly good at dispensing fluid, like Creed's.