Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 sprays of aventus too much?

First, I apologize for another aventus thread but I thought Id share my experience.

I am one of those people who cant smell aventus on them after a hour from application. I assumed maybe it was weak like some users here seem to post.

I sprayed 3 sprays of aventus on (I usually only do 2) before work the other day and when we went out to lunch some one made the reference to anchorman "smells like bigfoots d" I didnt get it at the time because I can never smell aventus on me, and this would have been a good 4 -5 hours after application. Later in the day a person in an adjacent cube said "man, somethings smells goooooood" And come over and determined it was my cologne. This would have been 7 hours after application.

That seems like crazy project compared to some other colognes I have. It makes me wonder if I have be suffocating people with aventus all this time and no one wanted to inform me.

What do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 3 sprays of aventus too much?

Personally, i wouldn't do 3 sprays in an office setting; one shot to the neck and one to the shirt is perfect for me.

If I'm going out and will be spending majority of my time outdoors, I'll do one shot to the neck, one to the back of the neck and one to the shirt.

Post Thanks / Like

I do 3 too.

It's ideal IMO.

Too much for me.

Post Thanks / Like

That's perfect. Its the sweet spot. Any more, people around you will hate you. Any less you will hate yourself

Post Thanks / Like

I keep it to 2 sprays, 1 back of neck and 1 upper arm. 3 sprays only if I will be outside for a long time, 3rd spray would be on shirt/tshirt or chest. I do hold my breath when spraying, I guess it has helped me a bit as I can still smell it hours later, not as strong but I can tell its there. Hey this gives me an idea... maybe I should hold my breath longer, then run away from room quickly!

Post Thanks / Like

Keep it at two sprays or wear something more suited for work. No need in doing further damage to your reputation.
    "If you enjoy the fragrance of a rose, you must accept the thorns which it bears."
    -Isaac Hayes

Post Thanks / Like

I usually do three sprays. 2 to the chest one to the wrist which I rub on the other wrist and neck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gilesjp View Post
    Keep it at two sprays or wear something more suited for work. No need in doing further damage to your reputation.

Yea, I dont wanna be that guy. What would you say is more suited for work? aventus to me seems pretty safe aside from it being terribly sneaky

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

I do at least three but two are under my clothes. Two to the chest and one to the neck and maybe a tiny one to my wrist. It's not to much, remember Aventus is so good that people will want to smell it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I do 3-4 sprays of Aventus when going to work: 1 spray to the chest, 1 spray to the back, both under the shirt; 1/2 spray to each side of the neck; and if I'm really in the mood, I do extra half sprays to various parts like wrists or forearms.

Post Thanks / Like

If you feel that your fragrance is drawing too much unwanted attention, you may want to lessen the sprays to two and see how that goes. Maybe a spray on each arm, or you can do one spray to the chest and one spray to the back of the neck.

I do 4 sprays with no complaints.....ever!!!
    Gary

3 sprays:

Chest
    Back of the neck
    One forearm and touch the other

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cbf View Post
    First, I apologize for another aventus thread but I thought Id share my experience.

I am one of those people who cant smell aventus on them after a hour from application. I assumed maybe it was weak like some users here seem to post.

I sprayed 3 sprays of aventus on (I usually only do 2) before work the other day and when we went out to lunch some one made the reference to anchorman "smells like bigfoots d" I didnt get it at the time because I can never smell aventus on me, and this would have been a good 4 -5 hours after application. Later in the day a person in an adjacent cube said "man, somethings smells goooooood" And come over and determined it was my cologne. This would have been 7 hours after application.

That seems like crazy project compared to some other colognes I have. It makes me wonder if I have be suffocating people with aventus all this time and no one wanted to inform me.

What do you guys think?
    It's late and I haven't read the rest of the comments so I apologise if I'm repeating someone else. I can't say if three is too much as I'm not familiar with the scent it's self however tThe more you come into contact with a scent/the longer you've been exposed to that scent you start to tune it out. If your a regular user of Aventus then I'd try having a break from it for a while and see if you can smell it better after a week or two.

As for your question I don't think people are that polite if you constantly reeked of too much perfume/cologne someone would tell you especially in a work place environment. Ask a friend or partner what they think if your still uneasy.
    What I've Been Wearing:

Post Thanks / Like

Aventus - 1.5 sprays for work. 3 for a night out.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I do 4. Each arm, shirt and back of neck. I work in a glassblowing shop, so it's not obnoxious to my shopmates. I also sweat a LOT working with hot glass, so sometimes it doesn't have great longevity.

In fact, I've asked several people close to me and they say it's the perfect ammount.

I also carry a small decant of it from Nordstrom's to freshen up throughout the day if needed. I have a black one: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nordstro...=&resultback=0

I think it may depend on whether it's from an actual Creed atomizer or a regular one decanted from a split, as well as wear you spray it, how much clothing is covering it, etc. Basically, a lot of factors can determine whether or not any amount of sprays is too much or too little. Regardless, my Aventus is decanted from a split in a regular atomizer. I find 2 sprays (1 to chest, under shirt, and 1 to back of neck, is good if I want to play it pretty safe and 3-4 (same spots, plus 1/2-1 spray to each inner elbow/forearm) if I want it to project more. It's really not a frag that will offend too many people, so I wouldn't be overly concerned as long as you don't douse yourself in it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a 3-shotter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

One spray to your bare chest, and one spray to the back of your neck near your hairline (your nape) for sillage (your wake).

Post Thanks / Like

I do 3 as well. One to the chest, front and back of the neck. The projection is just crazy on this cologne, I really like it.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

1 creed spray to the chest and 1/2 creed sprays to each side of neck when im wearing a dress shirt.

Post Thanks / Like

I do one spray to the chest, underneath my dress shirt and even then, people can smell it down the hall. I find that the Milleseme Creeds are very deceiving in terms of their projection. I appreciated the work compliments while wearing Aventus but seeing as it's a non scent environment, I don't want to draw much attention to it. I really wear it for my own pleasure. I don't think I would dare wear 3 sprays of the stuff, but that's just me.

Post Thanks / Like

I find 12 sprays to be adequate for the office.

All joking aside, I've been spraying the back of my hands and back of my neck. The scent trail is much better.
    Also, 1 to the chest so I get whiffs of it once in a while unexpectedly.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    I do 3-4 sprays of Aventus when going to work: 1 spray to the chest, 1 spray to the back, both under the shirt; 1/2 spray to each side of the neck; and if I'm really in the mood, I do extra half sprays to various parts like wrists or forearms.
    Don't mind me asking, but can you actually smell it with it being under the shirt ?
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Post Thanks / Like

Impossible to answer - depends on so many things.....

1. Your skin type
    2. The environment you will use it for - closed office, open office, air conditioned office,
    3. The country and culture you live in
    4. Where on your body you spray it
    5. Your mood of the day - sometimes I like to smell it heavily, sometimes I want discretion
    6. The batch of Aventus you own - they vary quite a bit projection wise imho

I spray anything from 4-8 sprays of it - but I stay with 2 sprays over the clothing area on my body and spray 4-6 from chest level and DOWNWARDS. This makes the projection weaker, but the longevity great.

YMMV and all......

I'm forced to smell people's transpiration and old stinky cigarette all through the day - my fragrance of the day is my not so secret weapon against being forced to inhale that. So I force my scent upon innocent people in order to avoid smelling the not so good smelling people I meet during a day in the real life. For that I'm not so sorry to be honest......life is tuff isn't it.....
    Last edited by CHSeifert; 6th November 2012 at 09:33 AM.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    Don't mind me asking, but can you actually smell it with it being under the shirt ?
    I used Aventus mostly in spring and summer, and I only needed one layer of clothing, so I can easily smell it wafting off my skin. I have yet to try Aventus in winter, when I wear layers of clothing.

I'll weigh in:
    1-2 sprays max at work with this one.
    Current favorites_____Roja Dove Amber Aoud_____Montale Aoud Musk_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Avignon_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Lumiere Noire_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio

Post Thanks / Like

I do 6, is that alot?
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Noir De Noir
    3. Musc Ravageur
    4. Bois D'Argent
    5. Aoud 1
    6. Aventus
    7. Ore
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Ambre 114

Post Thanks / Like

Yes.

Are we talking about 3 sprays from the Creed sprayer? That's easily 6 from any other bottle I own, except it's even stronger than that since it's really like spraying 3 sprays directly on top of three sprays. Yeah, that's too much unless you're "Cologne Guy."
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Post Thanks / Like

3 is perfect, even from a Creed bottle.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

no, 3 is too much. aventus is potent, and even though the wearer can't smell it very well on him, everyone else can.

i use 1 for warm weather or a crowded indoor setting.

two for cool weather or a less dense setting

3 wouldn't be criminal, but i still wouldn't risk it.

no more than 3 though

Post Thanks / Like

1 spray of Aventus under my shirt to the chest gets me compliments from a woman down the hall (and I work in a closed in office)

Post Thanks / Like

One is too much, in my view.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    no, 3 is too much. aventus is potent, and even though the wearer can't smell it very well on him, everyone else can.

i use 1 for warm weather or a crowded indoor setting.

two for cool weather or a less dense setting

3 wouldn't be criminal, but i still wouldn't risk it.

no more than 3 though

But you'd be a SMOOTH criminal.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wear 5 sprays and love it!!!!!

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cbf View Post

What do you guys think?
    Only 3...you can be liberal with this one...nearly impossible to get cloying IMO...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    Two to the chest and one to the neck and maybe a tiny one to my wrist. It's not to much, remember Aventus is so good that people will want to smell it.
    From the people who brought you "my cigarette smoke is so good people will want to smell it." LOL

Nothing against Aventus, but I've learned never to confuse my personal enthusiasm for a fragrance with the willingness of those around me to have it thrust upon them.
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; 7th November 2012 at 06:22 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes

I got Aventus from a split.
    The sprayer is very good, probably comparable to the real bottles.

I applied 2 sprays to the chest and 1 to the back of the neck to go clubbing.
    Projection and sillage were huge. Almost cloying.
    Very strong stuff. I could hear people sniffing when I walked by.
    I would never apply 3 sprays for work.
    This fragrance is a huge attention grabber.
    Last edited by Suppressor; 7th November 2012 at 03:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    From the people who brought you "my cigarette smoke is so good people will want to smell it." LOL
    I really laughed very loudly when I read this!!

I would say it depends where you are going. Club? Spray away. Office? Be very cautious!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Creed Aventus deodorant off the Creed site. I use two sprays of Aventus and use the deodorant after I shower and shave in the morning. I usually spray once more in the late afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like

...Yes...3 sprays to be exact!

I would probably throw up if I was stuck in an elevator with a guy wearing 3 or more sprays of Aventus from that huge Creed atomizer. Gross.

3 is perfect number right neck left neck and chest
    My Top 3 Scent
    1 Aventus
    2 Dior homme intense (Vintage)
    3 L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme L'Eau ExtrÍme

Post Thanks / Like

Three sprays sounds fine to me Especially on the chest. You will get better longevity and your clothes will keep it from being cloying to you, and getting olfactory fatigue. More of a pleasant aura around you, than shock and awe
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

For class (I am in college), I do 1/2 a spray from the Creed bottle under the shirt and 1/4 of a spray to the back of the neck and get plenty of compliments. I can't imagine 3 or more sprays unless its a party or clubbing event... o.o