Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Saturday 11th December, 2010.

Wakey wakey everybody!
    Have you all been to that Xmas party yet?
    I am off to have my hair done and then we
    are going to a party this evening at a friend's house.
    I haven't decided what to wear for the party yet, but
    I'll spritz on some Cinema for the visit to the hairdressers.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Default Re: SOTD Saturday 11th December, 2010.

Morniiiing!

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is L'Occitane Eau des Baux.

Top Notes: Pink pepper, Cardamom
    Middle Notes: Cyprus, Incense
    Base Notes: Vanilla, Tonka Bean

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Good morning!

Bois des Iles parfum for me.

Morning all.

Wearing

Chanel Antaeus

Im feeling so confident with this one.

Torrente L'Or.

To answer kewart's question: yes, had a party as a host/server last Sunday, for the employees the big boss ordered pizzas and we ate them yesterday during the lunch break. He wanted to order chicken of sorts, but the local restaurant was not able to complete the order in a timely manner, so he went to another establishment. Nothing fancy or dressy or formal.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Saturday 11th December, 2010.

BEL AMI

by

Jean-Louis Sieuzac / Jean-Claude Ellena

Current Version

H E R M S
    P A R I S
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Good morning everyone!
    Candy Perfume Boy, best wishes to you and your mom, I hope she is feeling better today!

Missed yesterday, but was in sync with all of you in Beige and then Coromandel for the evening.
    We are visiting our daughter in Duluth and doing the last of our Christmas shopping,(hopefully).
    SotD is Ambre Narguile, one of my new favorites this year.

Hope you all have a great day!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 11th December 2010 at 12:09 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Hi everyone. Bulgari Black today.

Candy Perfume Boy - hope there is some good news about your mum.

Basenotes Institution

Candy Perfume Boy and Mom - thinking of you and healing wishes.

Mitsouko parfum extract for me now. Have a great day everyone .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

Candy Perfume Boy, I am thinking of you and your mom. I hope things are going well.

Another in Guerlain, Winter Delice for me. This is my favorite of the Aqua Allegoria lineup.

Enjoy the day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good Morning! Today we get a warmer day at last! But by tomorrow it will be cold again, and rainy too!

Today is Chamade. CPB, Hope your mom is better.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Endymion this AM. Perfect for the warmer weather.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

SOTD is another one of the Wal-Mart cheapies, Sand and Sable. However, it suddenly seems to have disappeared off my skin.

Blog Entries

I'm up very early! The only thing that I can wear before 9 a.m. is L'Eclat d'Arpege, so this is what I'm about to put on.

L'Eclat d'Arpege, I got it for lilac and kept it for peony. I think that most people experience it as having lilac in it, but not me. But now, me, I smell ylang mostly in Guerlain's AA Angelique Lilas. I am starting to suspect that I eat up my favorite flower in perfume.

Blog Entries

Good morning everyone!

How is your mom, CPB?

I have a crazy assignment today...have to find a bunch of cheap glass or plastic animals to serve as props. My daughter has to put on a scene from The Glass Menagerie next week for the school. Meanwhile she'll be constructing a fake Victrola and finding 1930s-era music to play in the background.

Before I hit the flea market and thrift stores, I'm applying a sample of Broadway Nite from a BNer swap.

Good morning, everyone.

SotD is Bond #9 New Haarlem.

So my mom's still in the hospital, but now they're thinking they have to open her back up. They upped her pain meds from Morphine to Dilaudid and still can't get a handle on the pain. My car suddenly died yesterday, no forewarning, the engine seized. Mechanic says I will need to have it towed away. New car here I come. And I'm at work, with a live broadcast here today.

I wore Miss Charming in hopes it would help me be charming to people as they shop.

Blog Entries

Well, Broadway Nite was a scrubber-- good thing I put it on my hand first!

So now instead I'm wearing DSH American Beauty from a dear BNer, which is much nicer!

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    So my mom's still in the hospital, but now they're thinking they have to open her back up. They upped her pain meds from Morphine to Dilaudid and still can't get a handle on the pain. My car suddenly died yesterday, no forewarning, the engine seized. Mechanic says I will need to have it towed away. New car here I come. And I'm at work, with a live broadcast here today.

I wore Miss Charming in hopes it would help me be charming to people as they shop.
    Oh, elizrj!

Rubj extrait for work and shopping.

Have a great Saturday, ya'll!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Hello everyone!

I'm in K de Kriza this morning, and I'm always thrilled to find that no matter how often I wear it, the glorious flash of early-80s is still intact.

Oh no, elizrj - I sure hope things get better quickly for you and your mom! Sending a hug your way - ((elizrj))

We went to a Christmas party last night, kewart! It was fun, but very casual - you might have mistaken it for a Superbowl party...just not as festive. Most people around here just don't delight in dressing up the way Tony and I do, so we always seem overdressed in a sea of jeans and sweatshirts! And I'm almost certain that we were the only people there in fragrance. I had someone inquire if I was wearing perfume, and when I said yes she responded quite simply, "I thought so." :|

Y'all have a great day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Those of you with sick parents, I'm sending thoughts your way. No time is a good time to go through this, and it may be harder in this season.

I'm trying Portrait of a Lady today, from a sample. Initial thoughts are, my brain isn't picking out any notes yet. Instead I have this impression of a soda at the beach, both a little fizzy and a little salty. (But far more elegant, of course.) Wait, there's rose. Is that iris too? Probably not. I always get this wrong. Oh this reminds me of something. Something good.
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

Dang I'm bad at this. It's not iris, it's cinnamon I'm getting. That seems like an odd thing to confuse, doesn't it? Sheesh.
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

Good morning all.

elzrj, I am so sorry to hear about your mother, I do wish the best for her. Car dying also, just seems to add unnecessary stress to an already stressful situation. Do be well and keep yourself strong. Healing vibes coming your way and the virtual {{{{HUG}}}} extraordinaire.

Hope all is well with everyone else and those not doing well are on the road to recovery.

Today I am going to wear Le De Givenchy, vintage of course. Woke up dehydrated with a bit of a headache, I seem to suffer from way too many headaches, so I need something soft and delicate.

Enjoy the weekend all.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

Good Morning All. Funny story about my first christmas party this week. I got all dressed up in my holiday finery, wearing Ruby Woo on my lips and smelling ooh so lovely. We were going to a friends house for potluck and open house. My ever puntual self, arrived early, not a car in sight, food in hand. My friend invited us in, looking at us like a deer in headlights and burst into laughter, informing us the party was'nt until next Monday. We had a good laugh, even-tho somewhat embarassed. We insisted they go get dressed, and took them out for dinner. We had a great time, whats that saying? When someone hands you a lemon, make lemon-ade. LOL. My SOTD is 'STELLA' by Stella McCarthy.

Candy Perfume Boy, please let us know how your Mum is getting on.

Elizrj, I hope things get better for you and your mama. When they get her pain under control, things will probably look a lot better.

We went to a Christmas party last night, with finger foods brought by the guests, Christmas carols and lots of laughter. It was fun. I freshened up my Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere, my SotD, and it was perfect.

Today, I started out with Blenheim Bouquet from Penhaligon's, but unlike Bluebell which lasted through the night and into the next morning, the Blenheim is already gone. . I think I'll try Artemesia next.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Oh, elizrj. Do whatever you need to do to reduce your stress. Feel free to say "no" to anybody asking anything more of you than you can handle. My mom always promised: Better days are coming. Hug and shoulder rub from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    I had someone inquire if I was wearing perfume, and when I said yes she responded quite simply, "I thought so." :|
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

We got our tree today! It smells sooo good! We'll let the branches drop today and decorate it tomorrow. At the moment, we're drinking hot mulled wine and listening to an old Frank Sinatra Christmas cd. I'm wearing Shalimar Ode de la Vanille for the first time today. It's lovely!

Sending healing best wishes to Candy Perfume Boy's mother, and also to Elzrj's mother. Warm regards to everybody on Basenotes.

Basenotes Institution

M/Mink by Byredo (from a sample - thanks Buzzlepuff)

This is the 2nd time I'm sampling this, and today it smells quite disgusting. I'm not sure I can pull this one off. Ugh.

Lilybelle: Hope you're enjoying the Shalimar ODLV.

Basenotes Plus

SotE -

Thanks for the kind wishes everyone. The live remote was a hoot, I was able to take direction from my perfume and be charming and we had about 200 people in the store! Yay for retail therapy. I'm happy buying or selling! Guess I should stay away from ebay right now or I'd overindulge in more therapy.

Klaire your story cracked me up! I'm going to choose to make lemonade as well. My car is going to Mel Trotter where the kids can practice on a million things, including rebuilding an entire engine. And I'm going to take advantage of the end of the year sales and get a great deal on a new car. And most importantly, my mom's alive. Two years ago at this time she was diagnosed with a terminal cancer and they were WRONG. So I have a lot to be thankful for.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Blog Entries

Well here are the glass animals I found for props for my daughter's play (The Glass Menagerie)-- not too shabby for $21.

The unicorn isn't glass, but you know, I could hardly turn down the animal that figures most prominently in the play, could I?

Indeed, Elizrj, please allow me to send you my best wished, too. And same to you, CPB.

My SOTD is Histoires de Parfum's 1826, from a sample. I got another 5 ones of this house and I intend to try them next week. Do you have any reference?

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Hard time choosing a frag today. Finally went with Aubepine Acacia, which seems to catch my fancy on weekends.
    I'll take a slog of that mulled wine, please.
    Great score on the props, 30R.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I'm hoping all of the Moms are feeling the love and good wishes, and recovering. (((((Thinking of CPB and Eizrj)))))

Spent the day baking, and then skyping (2 hrs of the latter with my best friend and her 2 little girls). It's time to get some serious Christmas shopping accomplished!

My SotD was Cuir de Russie...just don't see any reason to wear anything else these days!

Enjoy!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

SotD today was Hypnotic Poison,

Huge ((hugs)) and good wishes to all those needing them CPB,Elizrj, Brielle I know how difficult it is to see your parents ill especially at this time of year,
    Evangeline, my hubby and I always end up being over-dressed as well (nobody seems to take much pride in appearances nowadays)

Wishing you all a peaceful and fragrant evening, take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Tonight..
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Busy, fun day for me today. Hula class this morning. Fragrance of the morning was Saffron James Le'a. For the last hour, our teacher had us walking around town doing "drive-by hula". Danced on the street, in a shop, and at lunch in a senior center. Fun fun fun!

Tonight is our hula group's Christmas party. Will wear a casual red dress and a indulge in a bit of Une Rose.

Hugs to those with sick moms and car problems. Ugh!

Hey y'all -

We're getting ready to venture out into the cold and wet night for what should be an excellent concert; the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra will be performing Pink Floyd's masterpiece The Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety, and I'm psyched! I'm wearing vintage Calvin Klein for the occasion.

Have a great evening everyone!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Lilybelle: Hope you're enjoying the Shalimar ODLV.
    It really is interesting...very true to old-fashioned traditional Shalimar, but modern. I can still smell it this evening, so it's long lasting, too.

Hi all! I've been doing some yard winterizing, running errands, and am now wearing Givenchy III EDP from a sample a generous Basenoter sent me. It is pretty but doesn't last too long, this is the second application this evening. (2-3 hours on me, not really enough time to get to know the scent well. Maybe I'm anosmic to the heart notes... we'll see what it smells like in the middle of the night then. Maybe better for a warm weather wear than in this breezy and getting cold weather...

Everyone smells wonderful!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Purple Label by RL
    Gary

Basenotes Plus

SOTE Jicky Edt.
    Very nice for starting a new knitting project in cozy fleecy wool
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Blog Entries

Talking Re: SOTD Saturday 11th December, 2010.

Tonights sleep scent: Bellodgia EDP.

Basenotes Institution

Good night for now ! I was in Fracas and I'm now in Chanel No 5 EDT .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.