Code of Conduct

Thumbs up need help for holiday party tonight

Hi All -

We're in the middle of a beautiful blizzard here in Minneapolis / St. Paul. It looks like a charming Christmas village outside. I've been a long time fan of Basenotes and today I finally decided to come down from the rafters and say hi and post a note. Perhaps it's the blizzard drawing me out.

I'm invited to a holiday party tonight at my friend's house and I'm stumped what to where frag wise. Can you please lend your thoughts?

Here are my options:
    Rochas Man
    Gucci Homme
    Gucci Envy
    Dior Homme
    Diesel Fuel for Life
    Lemale
    Bvlgari Aqva
    Tuscany
    Paul Sebastian (yes, I secretly like this one)

Many thanks!

Default Re: need help for holiday party tonight

Hey buddy. Welcomes to Basenotes.

To answer this question, your age would help alot. Thanks

Forget about the "age problem". Go for Rochas Man or Dior Homme and you'll be more than alright.

If you're 40+, I would go with the PS ( I like this one too ) Otherwise, my personal choice would be Gucci PH.

Quote Originally Posted by Siifter View Post
    Forget about the "age problem". Go for Rochas Man or Dior Homme and you'll be more than alright.
    lol only reason i asked is if he was below 30 i would have said Le male, if he was over 30 i would have said exactly what you said, Rochas or Dior Homme, if he is over 40, Gucci Pour Homme

Dior Home has def. got the Merry Christmas 'sweet baked apple' kinda feel, as Turin called it.
    But if you are on the prowl Gucci Pour Home should be the best option for a party.

Blog Entries

Hey, welcome to Basenotes, pbjguy! (Or should I say, welcome to Post 1? )

You know, a warm scent like Rochas Man sounds good to me, but there's something about Gucci Envy that seems to go with a blizzard outside. I think it might be the pine-like, resinous nature of Envy, reminding me of the tree (and perhaps the green color as well). Both sound good to me.

Bulgari Aqua would only remind me of Arctic whaling at this time of year, and would require a bulky white sweater. No, I say leave that one alone!

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    lol only reason i asked is if he was below 30 i would have said Le male, if he was over 30 i would have said exactly what you said, Rochas or Dior Homme, if he is over 40, Gucci Pour Homme
    I didnt try to offend you or anything but I think that people should wear THEY like, not what the public in general likes. If so, every single guy would walk around with Aqua Di Gio, Le Male or La Nuit de L'Homme. pbjguy, have confidence in yourself and you will hook up with a girl for sure (If that's a part of your intention) even if you would wear Jicky by Guerlain. LOL

Not the Bulgari... not for evening and not really for winter weather either. And as for Le Male, there will be at least six other guys there wearing that (regardless of age group... and even if there's only one other guy there, he'll be wearing enough for six, so that counts) so give it a pass too. The Dior would be good.

of what you have I would reach for either gucci envy or rochas man
    both have a warm spicy feel to them with the rochas being sweeter, perfect for the holiday spirit!
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Sur la Plage

Welcome to Basenotes!

Regardless of your age, Gucci pour Homme is the most appropriate - as long as it is this one that we are talking about:

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Dior Homme

Gucci Envy would be a great choice for your blizzard-night party. :-) The colder the weather, the better this one works for me.

IMHO you can't go wrong with any of these: Rochas Man
    Gucci Envy
    Dior Homme
    Gucci Homme
    "Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each!" - Henry David Thoreau

Thanks everyone for the feedback! In the spirit of being honest, I was about to grab Envy or Rochas Man as my frag choice and last second (I can't believe I did this) I reached out and grabbed Diesel Fuel for Life. I know, sorry, against all advice. But I have to tell you, swear to God, I had the biggest compliment EVER from a gorgeous woman, maybe 40, who just LOVED the scent. She brought it up several times and even asked me what it was I was wearing. She told me that she would do "damage on her husband" if he were wearing it. No lie.

Have a great week everyone and thanks for the warm welcome to Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by pbjguy View Post
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! In the spirit of being honest, I was about to grab Envy or Rochas Man as my frag choice and last second (I can't believe I did this) I reached out and grabbed Diesel Fuel for Life. I know, sorry, against all advice. But I have to tell you, swear to God, I had the biggest compliment EVER from a gorgeous woman, maybe 40, who just LOVED the scent. She brought it up several times and even asked me what it was I was wearing. She told me that she would do "damage on her husband" if he were wearing it. No lie.

Have a great week everyone and thanks for the warm welcome to Basenotes!
    Diesel? :O That's not keepin' it real, that's keepin it... Wrong. LOL. Joke. But anyway. You liked it and the people around you liked it so you definitely did hit a score.

Dior Homme. Period.