Code of Conduct

Default I am also disappointed with everyone

In the spirit of a continuing shift of attention away from Creed and 'panty dropping'

Why didn't anyone here tell me of this fragrance years ago? DAMN it is good.

"...call on God, but row away from the rocks..."

Wink Re: I am also disappointed with everyone

Wierd...I missed the past 2 days worth of posts and lookie what I found...

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/266...ragon)-No-like

At any rate, 2 posts on this wonderful fragrance in as many days may be a reason for a new sub-forum:}

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Default Re: I am also disappointed with everyone

Quote Originally Posted by scentaddiction View Post
    wtf is that? looks feminine.

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    If it is a female frag, why does it matter?

OK, let's reveal the secret, shall we: wearing feminine scents increases the size of your dong by 40% - overnight! It also turns hot lesbians into heterosexual nymphomaniacs. There, I spilled the beans, and now excuse me please, I'm wearing Shalimar extrait and these poster girls here have just dropped their panties...
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    OK, let's reveal the secret, shall we: wearing feminine scents increases the size of your dong by 40% - overnight! It also turns hot lesbians into heterosexual nymphomaniacs. There, I spilled the beans, and now excuse me please, I'm wearing Shalimar extrait and these poster girls here have just dropped their panties...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    If it is a female frag, why does it matter?
    Never seen it or heard of it, thus the comment/question. Didn't say anything was wrong with it.

ok then. it's a f..ing perfume bottle! it looks f..ing feminine probably because it's marketed to f..ing women.

Calm down you guys, he just made an observation. I personally thing that's a really classy looking bottle, feminine or otherwise. Never heard of or seen it though. Gotta check out that other thread...

Blog Entries

In the spirit of a continuing shift of attention away from Creed and 'panty dropping'

Speak, brother! Testify! I have seen this bottle in a dream, or possibly in Saks Fifth. But there was no odor in the dream, so do tell us what it's like!

(And fie on those who would be in search of a <disgust> pant-eh drop-ah </disgust>.)

Yeah monkey - it's gay, stay away from it.

Mainly because NOTHING settles in like that you've figured out for yourself.

Blog Entries

You know what I'm disappointed with? The lack of sweet oriental threads (doesn't apply as much for this one). Enough with the green stuff bleeechhhh

it's a lovely (read:agressive)oriental...yes, you have hit upon a well kept secret..

sound interesting , let´s try it!!!! I want

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    it's a lovely (read:agressive)oriental...yes, you have hit upon a well kept secret..
    THX!

Osmoz describes it as,
    "storia
    Variante in leggerezza, composizione radiosa tra ombra e luce, Le Baiser du Dragon per questa primavera è proposto in versione eau de toilette. Una nuova sensualità ove il vetiver e l’iris, il maschile e dil femminile, perpetuano con elegnaza la loro firma unica. Rinfrescata da esperidei e gelsomino aereo, la fragranza conquisterà le donne in attesa di una versione più delicata dell’eau de parfum.
    "

Which is saying something about the masculine vetiver and feminine iris perpetuating with elegance their unique signature.
    And the last line says something about the fragrance conquering women.
    I wish my Italian were better, or the description simpler to translate.

Renato

OK, let's reveal the secret, shall we: wearing feminine scents increases the size of your dong by 40% - overnight!
    So that explains things... I got into my mom's perfume at a very early age you know...

---

Oook. Slow down a bit. When I started a "Would this or that fragrances work for a man"-thread things got a bit messy with offensive language. All different kinds of things said about gay people and such. Sometimes it seems like Basenotes is the Mekka of double moral standards. And know when I see this. Well... Then I think to myself that some of you should shut up and stop saying some of the things that's been said in this thread.

Just a thought. Peace and I'm out.

Cartiers website describes Le Baiser du Dragon as a fragrance that takes vetiver, which they deem as traditionally masculine, and gives it a feminine twist. It lists Le Baiser du Dragon as having top notes of amaretto accord, neroli blossom, and gardenia; a heart of iris, cedar, musk, and Bulgarian rose; and base of vetiver, patchouli, benzoin, and amber.

I get a wonderful floral bouquet on the bed of cedar and incense. It is definitely a female oriented fragrance, but easily unisex. I am sooooo excited to have found it. You can grab it off eBay for 40-75 bucks, which is a great savings. I get 8 hours out of it, and it's an edp.
    I am terrible at classifying fragrance, but I think it's safe to call this a woody oriental.
    Last edited by scentaddiction; 12th December 2010 at 07:00 PM.

Made me drop my panties.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Made me drop my panties.
    This made me laugh so loud my wife told me to turn off the iPad and carry the laundry. I'm outta here. Have great day, guys!

Interesting dudes! Until the San Francisco meeting where men out numbered women 2:1, and all were masculine (not that it mattered), not all men were gay. Plus, a man is a man unless he wears a dress on a regular basis! A well crafted perfume also relies on the wearer. A man by wearing it will make it masculine. I've tried masculine scents to purchase for my brother, but I mess it up and make it sweet and girly with my chemistry. Thanks to the SF Basenotes men, I'm also breaking out of the box.

When Basier du Dragon came out, I was given a very large sample with lotions and hair scent. I really liked it, but I didn't want to wear it. Now I get it, it is a bit masculine on it's own.
    Last edited by Kalynne; 12th December 2010 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Osmoz describes it as,
    "storia
    Variante in leggerezza, composizione radiosa tra ombra e luce, Le Baiser du Dragon per questa primavera è proposto in versione eau de toilette. Una nuova sensualità ove il vetiver e l’iris, il maschile e dil femminile, perpetuano con elegnaza la loro firma unica. Rinfrescata da esperidei e gelsomino aereo, la fragranza conquisterà le donne in attesa di una versione più delicata dell’eau de parfum.
    "

Which is saying something about the masculine vetiver and feminine iris perpetuating with elegance their unique signature.

Renato
    This seems to be a blurb from Cartier's release of the edt. They mention that it will be available as an edt this spring. Last line says something like "With the freshness of hesperides and airy jasmine, this fragrance will win women waiting for a version which is lighter than the eau de parfum."

this is very popular here in poland and gets really nice praise
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Quote Originally Posted by Siifter View Post
    When I started a "Would this or that fragrances work for a man"-thread things got a bit messy with offensive language. All different kinds of things said about gay people and such. Sometimes it seems like Basenotes is the Mekka of double moral standards. And know when I see this. Well... Then I think to myself that some of you should shut up and stop saying some of the things that's been said in this thread.
    The bottle itself looks like it could be a space helmet or maybe something used underwater. I can't tell if that spike down the middle is an applicator or just houses the spray tube. All in all the bottle looked feminine to me, yet I see the word 'Dragon' on it. It perplexed me, and thus my reply.

I haven't noticed any gay bashing going on in here, where are these comments?

I haven't noticed any gay bashing going on in here, where are these comments?
    They are not here....hope it will stay that way.
    I understand what you meant, that you had never seen the bottle, and it was an innocent question.
    At first I read it as..."wtf is that, it looks feminine (so whytf would men wear it)"

I think it is clear that you were merely intrigued by the bottle and name...

So back on track, the black tube is not an applicator on the spray version, it just goes down the middle.

Seriously, though, I think if you like and wear Mitsouko, this is something to sample.

If you like it, you might want to try FUBU Plush for men, which also features the amaretto note. The base is a musky sandalwood and amber, with the powdery iris/orris persisting.

This is my favourite post of the year.

I have now smothered myself in Penhaligon's Bluebell and now need a much bigger pair of trousers to accommodate the anaconda that now is fighting to get out.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Hmmm.

This one I presume: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122799.html

And the English language OsMoz page: http://www.osmoz.com/fragrances/Jewe...ISER-DU-DRAGON

And a review: http://www.nstperfume.com/2008/12/08...grance-review/

And whilst I'm not disappointed with *everyone*, I'm certainly disappointed with the elements of gay-unfriendliness which appear on these boards whenever the topic of men wearing "for women" scents gets an airing. The level of maturity on display is on a par with those posters seeking a 'panty dropper' fragrance. Please - get over it, and grow up.
    Last edited by Dr_Rudi; 12th December 2010 at 10:12 PM.

Seriously, though, I think if you like and wear Mitsouko, this is something to sample.

Thanks - I'll certainly keep that in mind if ever I see it on the shelves here - and I don't believe I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Osmoz describes it as,
    "storia
    "

Renato
    Renato, you've got it. Here's my translation...

A variation on lightness, a radiant composition between shadow and light, Le Baiser du Dragon (french: kiss of the dragon) for this spring is offered in edt. A new sensuality in which the vetiver and iris, the masculine and the feminine, perpetuate their unique signature with elegance. Refreshed by esperide (not sure) and airy jasmine, the fragrance will conquer women in anticipation of a more delicate version of the edp.

I have earlier provided the link to the English language OsMoz page, and it reads:

Le Baiser du Dragon by Cartier
    created: 2004
    for: Woman
    type: Oriental - Woody

Cartier’s Baiser du Dragon (the Dragon’s Kiss) is something completely new: a major woodsy scent for woman. It gets its name from the recently created jewelry collection, and highlights the precious, decades-old connection between the Cartier house and China.

Story
    Between light and shadow, Le Baiser du Dragon conjugates paradoxes with supreme elegance. It borrows the warm woodsy notes of vetiver from men’s fragrances and renders them more feminine with floral, powdery accents like rose and iris.

Description
    The freshness of bitter almond opens the accord, along with the gentleness of neroli and gardenia. The heart has all the pure-b(r)ed nobility of cedar and sandalwood wrapped inside the powdery sensuality of iris. At the base, vetiver gives this perfume its personality and is rounded off with the bewitching warmth of patchouli and benzoin.

Range
    Perfume spray 1 fl. oz. Eau de Parfum spray 1, 1.7, 3.4 fl. oz. Body and shower cream 6.8 fl. oz. Body milk 6.8 fl. oz.

Bottle
    Inspired by a bottle created by Cartier in 1925, le Baiser Du Dragon brings a Chinese touch to Art Deco style. The graphic, geometric, ideogram borrowed from China highlights the bottle’s curves. The stopper, a disk of black as deep as lacquer extends into the heart of the perfume, a charming reminder of the ear-dabbers of yesteryear.

top note
    amaretto accord, neroli blossom, gardenia

middle note
    iris, cedar, musk and Bulgarian, rose for the perfume

base note
    vetiver, patchouli, benzoin, amber

I wish more masculine perfumes had more things to add than only deodorant or after shave. I love the choices that come with alot of feminine fragrances.

I've been wearing this for a long time!!!
    Gary

Blog Entries

Thanks for the great links. A lot of good info on the various formulations of the frag. It looks like I missed the last time it got play here, back in middle of the year.

I loved K.G.'s comment about possibly having to retire his Hypnotic Poison! And also the urban legend that 93% of plane crashes are caused by men wearing female scents!

I love Le Baiser du Dragon. It's one of my favorite fragrances from Cartier, and one tottaly underrated on Perfumes The Guide.
    You have to try the three different versions of the fragrance: edt, edp, and parfum. The Edp one is the more concentrated on the amaretto side, having a bitter, salty, medicinal almond opening which is followed by a heart of woods and spices. The Edt one is more focused on the flowery side of the fragrance, having just a little less of amaretto, and keeping the wood base the same. The Parfum is the richer version, more balanced and full of contrasts. At the parfum version i get the amaretto, some rose, cinnamon, vetiver. For some moments, something on the parfum version reminded me of the spicy rich sophistication of jaipur homme. I'd say that the edt is the easiest to wear, the edp the best if you want a bitter salty almond and the parfum is perfect for winter. I was lucky to buy myself a 50ml of the parfum for 65 dollars at fragrancenet

I wish more masculine perfumes had more things to add than only deodorant or after shave. I love the choices that come with alot of feminine fragrances.

You also have the solid fragrance and the fragrance for hair too, i think...

The fragrance for hair is a softer scent. It was nice and didn't leave a funky residue in my hair. Everyone should use what they want!

I'm on the fence with this one. Wasn't wowed the first timed I sniffed it, but I dig the almond. I think it's time to visit Sephora for a sample... Thanks for the reminder... Beautiful bottle.
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

I misread/translated the fragrance name as "The Brassiere of the Dragon."
    Not sure what that says about me, but I almost like that name better than its actual name

Sounds like a nice fragrance. Will need to find a sample...

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

One of my first posts on BN was asking if anyone knew of a Mens marketed fragrance that had a prominent Benzoin/Patchouli accord in the dry down. Because I was intoxicated with the dry down of my wifes BdD edp and wanted to wear something similar. It was suggested to me that I should "just wear hers", but this isn't an option for me, and not because of some "my old fella will fall off if I do" related paranoia. The floral bouquet is just too much for me personally.